Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

Well, well, well!

I REALLY was hoping they'll save Freddie for out-of-genre week, coz I am SO nervous now  as to what song will they throw for him on Top 10 week.

Anyway, I think the song worked really well for Joshua's style, my biggest concern is that Joshua will get Bandzilla'd with this arrangement. He's just barely cutting through the instrumentation in the beginning of the recording. But we all know how terrible the studios are in recent seasons, so here's to hoping they nail the sound mix live.

In terms of appeal to voting demo.... I think this song is built for a moment, but given how polarizing Joshua is, I'm not sure how it will go with the audience. I think it's memorable enough for Joshua to clinch a PV, as long as he doesn't *knock on wood* fall flat on his face.

Despite this, I'm super excited for him to solidify his lane as the showman in this Top 11! Good luck and godspeed Joshua!

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Well, well, well!

I REALLY was hoping they'll save Freddie for out-of-genre week, coz I am SO nervous now  as to what song will they throw for him on Top 10 week.

Anyway, I think the song worked really well for Joshua's style, my biggest concern is that Joshua will get Bandzilla'd with this arrangement. He's just barely cutting through the instrumentation in the beginning of the recording. But we all know how terrible the studios are in recent seasons, so here's to hoping they nail the sound mix live.

In terms of appeal to voting demo.... I think this song is built for a moment, but given how polarizing Joshua is, I'm not sure how it will go with the audience. I think it's memorable enough for Joshua to clinch a PV, as long as he doesn't *knock on wood* fall flat on his face.

Despite this, I'm super excited for him to solidify his lane as the showman in this Top 11! Good luck and godspeed Joshua!

Said it over in the spoiler thread - he’s got the second-biggest ask of the week song wise, but he hasn’t really had pitch issues live and he’s theatrical enough that I’m probably not as worried as I should be.

I trust Joshua not to fall on his face vocally. Trusting Bandzilla, on the other hand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Said it over in the spoiler thread - he’s got the second-biggest ask of the week song wise, but he hasn’t really had pitch issues live and he’s theatrical enough that I’m probably not as worried as I should be.

I trust Joshua not to fall on his face vocally. Trusting Bandzilla, on the other hand...

Last week Joshua managed to survive Bandzilla despite having a song that made him focus on his lower ranges more. And while this week has more in-your-face instrumentations, there's plenty of moments in the song where he can belt and project over the noise. I just hope he can hear himself over the noise and stay on pitch.

Queen is always a tall order... but I do think this pick is still a pretty solid choice for him and represents his artistry well. He has yet to receive any "busses" in the live shows. I want to believe that's TPTB saying they want Joshua to stick around till Semis at least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

My only note is that I hope he doesnt try to imitate Freddie on stage. Bring your own flavor to it, because he has it in spades.

I do think Joshua didn't come off as impersonating Freddie in the recording. There's something about the way Joshua attacks his notes that feels unique to him, and I feel the whole recording evokes Queen rather that imitates. I agree that he doesn't need to be extra jaunty on stage like Freddie, he could just stand in one place and make dramatic arm sweeps and body drops and get the same impact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

pWZfEcI.png

Good luck to Joshua and his best bud Jershika tonight! Let's hope Team Legend remains intact this week!

Both remaining members of Team Legend seem like sweethearts (and both are fab vocalists too) so I’m rooting for them to kill it tonight alongside the rest of the cast.

Listened to the studio - as long as he doesn’t get eaten alive by Bandzilla during the first chorus and/or the background vocals in the second chorus, Joshua should be fine. It’s the right balance between homage to Queen and the signature Vacanti “dramatic but still emotionally evocative” thing he does well, so it will be interesting to see how this translates to a live performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Listened to the studio - as long as he doesn’t get eaten alive by Bandzilla during the first chorus and/or the background vocals in the second chorus, Joshua should be fine. It’s the right balance between homage to Queen and the signature Vacanti “dramatic but still emotionally evocative” thing he does well, so it will be interesting to see how this translates to a live performance.

Yes!! 

not is an imitation, it's a moving tribute to Freddie to Joshua's style, totally authentic.

I'm also sure that he will be fine!! this particular song by Queen I just like to hear the live version

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Man, I want him to close. If he does we have nothing to worry about. Manifesting it.

I’m thinking it’s likely someone from Team Legend or Team Kelly, since an artist from either Blake or Ariana’s teams has already closed a live episode. Of those teams, there’s only one other artist besides Joshua who has a song that screams “closer” to me and she already closed her team on the playoffs, so…👀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Man, I want him to close. If he does we have nothing to worry about. Manifesting it.

True, and his song has big closer energy.

Part of me wants him to close Top 10 to clinch his ticket to the Semis, so I wouldn't also mind him opening or be in the middle slot.