Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

Well, I've gone from being lukewarm on him to wanting him in the semifinals in the span of two weeks :haha:

He'd probably be better off with Broadway stuff, but I thought of an interesting choice for him earlier. A Dustland Fairytale by The Killers. It has that storytelling aspect that I think he'd be able to sell.

Just raise the key and he'll be fine.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

Um... so I was busy all day so I didn't get to follow all the hubbub about Top 13 and I literally just sat down to watch Joshua's performance and....what I can say? I was enamored! It was such a perfect marriage of song and artist, and I think Joshua should be proud of what he did on stage last night.

And IDC what y'all say.... Joshua's outfits are wonderfully kooky and reflects his personality so well, and I am living for them!

And of course the song choice completely sailed over the heads of Team Minivan.... I should have known this was too risky of a song choice. Well, their loss. This was a song that panders to me while representing the artist well, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

I'm not gonna waste time worrying over the social media stats, I had a long day and so much to unpack, but all I can say is that FB and other social media can only reflect so much of how America votes. I'm just gonna hope that #TeamVacanti did enough and Joshua gets to sing another week.

Also, yay for another Joshua performance tomorrow with Team Legend!!!

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Well, I've gone from being lukewarm on him to wanting him in the semifinals in the span of two weeks :haha:

He'd probably be better off with Broadway stuff, but I thought of an interesting choice for him earlier. A Dustland Fairytale by The Killers. It has that storytelling aspect that I think he'd be able to sell.

My favorite song of all time :wub:

Joshua did great btw, he is getting better and better each week.

13 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

This may have been my favorite from him. It’s nice to have a theatrical singer on the show this season since we never get them

13 hours ago, pauwis said:

HOLY MOLY, KILLER PERFORMANCE

12 hours ago, David68 said:

That performance deserved instant finale. It was so good.

12 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

i loved how he dedicated his song to all the musical theatre kids and adulta that feel like there lost he deserves to be in the final but for know he shod be in the top 11 after that

12 hours ago, David68 said:

That performance deserved instant finale. It was so good.

12 hours ago, thecarterfilez said:

If this show wasn't so obsessed with Blake/Kelly and the minivan audience didn't only root for their artists.. Joshua and Jershika both deserve to be in the finale after their performances tonight. 

12 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Overall my favorite of the night. Really hope he is safe and makes it as far as he can.

9 hours ago, Persy said:

Joshua did amazing tonight! I loved the song choice for him and it's one of my favorite songs of all times. Loved the message in the song. He's very consistent. 

LIIIIIVING for these kind words!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Love to see itttt!

Also, I looooove this song and this would be perfect for "out-of-genre" week!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Joshua got a small shout out from the radio station I listen to on my drive into work (and I live right smack in the middle of GNT territory, so it was unexpected but well deserved recognition).

It's what he deserves ❤️

4 minutes ago, pauwis said:

am the only one not worried about Joshua? He's advancing to the Top 11, for sure

and yes, I love his outfits !! So much style 🔝

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I was worried before, but I think he's safe now. The comments for him are very positive everywhere.

Either way, he needs to continue being himself despite Minivan not being familiar with the theatrical side of things. That's who he is first and foremost.

2 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I’m hoping Joshua advances because of how good he was this week, as well as the past few rounds. 

We love to see the optimism! 

If he does *knock on wood* land in the bottom 3.... I think there's a chance that he can clinch that IS decisively, assuming the projected B2 is with him. And who knows, maybe an extra performance is just what he needs to remind the audience that he came to win. Hope the right chips will all fall into place.

• Like 1

Just now, Teraginn said:

If he does *knock on wood* land in the bottom 3.... I think there's a chance that he can clinch that IS decisively, assuming the projected B2 is with him. And who knows, maybe an extra performance is just what he needs to remind the audience that he came to win. Hope the right chips will all fall into place.

Even if he did land in the bottom, I could see him getting an Instant Save. And he’s my biggest priority out of the people that could be in danger

14 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Most comments I’ve seen are neutral to positive and he has a good view-to-react ratio on Facebook, so I’m not super worried, but it depends if those who commented are also voting or if they’re just watching and moving on with their days.

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Um... so I was busy all day so I didn't get to follow all the hubbub about Top 13 and I literally just sat down to watch Joshua's performance and....what I can say? I was enamored! It was such a perfect marriage of song and artist, and I think Joshua should be proud of what he did on stage last night.

And IDC what y'all say.... Joshua's outfits are wonderfully kooky and reflects his personality so well, and I am living for them!

And of course the song choice completely sailed over the heads of Team Minivan.... I should have known this was too risky of a song choice. Well, their loss. This was a song that panders to me while representing the artist well, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

I'm not gonna waste time worrying over the social media stats, I had a long day and so much to unpack, but all I can say is that FB and other social media can only reflect so much of how America votes. I'm just gonna hope that #TeamVacanti did enough and Joshua gets to sing another week.

Also, yay for another Joshua performance tomorrow with Team Legend!!!

I thought Carson said Blake and Kelly were performing tomorrow? 

4 hours ago, pauwis said:

the official account of Dear Evan Hansen posted in their stories Joshua's performance 😭

"Your Voice (on The Voice) is Heard. Thank you for this moving rendition of You Will Be Found"

OMG MY HEARTTTTTT ❤️ Love the endorsement!!!