Holly Forbes Fan Thread 🎹

David68

On 7/15/2021 at 4:03 PM, FloorWax said:

Here's something that I think hasn't been discussed: how do y'all feel about the possibility of her song choice being "Rocket Man"? Granted, it could very well be incorrect considering we all thought Carolina was going to sing a Spanish song.

Bumping this. I listened to the song and I could totally see it working for her. Her version will probably be more "ethereal", and I can't wait to hear her do those falsetto flips in the verses.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Bumping this. I listened to the song and I could totally see it working for her. Her version will probably be more "ethereal", and I can't wait to hear her do those falsetto flips in the verses.

It’s a pretty iconic song. I’m sure she’ll do it justice though! 

• Like 1

All I can say is if Holly’s blinds song spoilers are correct, it won’t be the snowflake I’d hoped to have cover the song on the show, but I’ll be excited to see what she does with it (and I’m hoping she plays the keys for it, since Elton without piano accompaniment is definitely doable but it always feels like it’s missing something IMO)

50 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think she's going to take a piano singer-songwritery approach on the show, instead of a pop one. I'm cool about that.

I'm excited to see what she does! I can imagine I'll like her no matter what she does given her tone, so I look forward to seeing which route she takes on the show. 

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

All I can say is if Holly’s blinds song spoilers are correct, it won’t be the snowflake I’d hoped to have cover the song on the show, but I’ll be excited to see what she does with it (and I’m hoping she plays the keys for it, since Elton without piano accompaniment is definitely doable but it always feels like it’s missing something IMO)

Out of curiosity, who is that snowflake?

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Out of curiosity, who is that snowflake?

Sid (his tone reminds me of a bluesier Elton, so it would’ve been right in his wheelhouse vocally - not to mention Sid’s way more comfortable with a piano than going sans instrument).

“Rocket Man” is probably tied with “Your Song” for my favorite Elton song, but I don’t think anyone’s tackled the former on The Voice yet and it’s past time someone does (which is why I’m really hoping that’s Holly’s blinds song).

31 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Sid (his tone reminds me of a bluesier Elton, so it would’ve been right in his wheelhouse vocally - not to mention Sid’s way more comfortable with a piano than going sans instrument).

“Rocket Man” is probably tied with “Your Song” for my favorite Elton song, but I don’t think anyone’s tackled the former on The Voice yet and it’s past time someone does (which is why I’m really hoping that’s Holly’s blinds song).

Sid would have killed an Elton John song! A huge shame he was on a shortened season.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Holly slay that song when her audition airs. I'm also glad she's on a season that will probably have more than 3 weeks of lives.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Holly slay that song when her audition airs. I'm also glad she's on a season that will probably have more than 3 weeks of lives.

Definitely! I can see Holly being my favorite of the season so it'll be really nice to have her be on a season that's longer. The 4 chair turns + block show that she 100% has the potential to go far!

As I've said on Girl Named Tom's fan thread, I made an exception for them and Holly when it comes to posting good luck artworks/posts (as I originally planned to make one only for my fan thread artists). So yeah, I have made yet another artwork for Holly, which includes now her son (Oliver) and daughter (Violet). I'll be posting them in a bit, I'll just write my (long 👻) message for her ;) 

• Like 3

Untitled201-20210723190815.png

Warning: a long post ahead 🤪

It wasn't on my plan to make other good luck artworks/posts for artists other than my the ones I've made a fan thread for (not because I don't want to because if I could just make one for all of them I'll do it- but I don't have the time :() but because I love Holly (and GNT) I've decided to make one for her (them) :)))

I have used Holly's selfie with Violet (her daughter) and Oliver (her son) as a reference for this artwork. This is to remind her of 2 of her biggest inspirations right now for the upcoming battle. Holly seems like a very loving and great mom, I love her! That's the thing I loved about her besides her (obviously) stunning voice and style

Holly, if you are reading this- I know that battle rounds might be bringing a lot of stress and pressure, and that Team Kelly are (possibly) stacked right now but know that you've got this!! Oliver and Victoria are surely proud of their mommy right now, they're lucky to have you as their inspiration growing up. You've got the talent and the voice, and honeyy, you are not a block + 4 chair turner contestant for no reason ;) I hope that helps you in your battle!! And I knoe that you've been doing this for a long time- let your experience + love for music & your fam shine through in that performance 🥰  you're such a light and an inspiration for sure to you kids right now- and not long to many people who will watch the voice :)))

you can do this and I honestly cannot wait to interact with you soon !! hopefully you see this and this helps you to be motivated 🤍 (p.s. Violet and Oliver are so cute, are u kidding?!? they look like you!!)

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 9