SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

CA1 RESULTS PART FIVE

04. Allie Bertram & Nico Archambault  - "Permanent" - (Contemporary by Stacey Tookie)

6z0rtf.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

@*Chris - 1

@*Diana - 1

@Erestor - 1

@*Amanda - 2

@taylorkat - 2

@*Wallace - 4

@FrogLenzen - 6

@.Rei - 10

@totes4totes - 17

@Zoey - 19

@kritaaay - 20

Avg. Score = 7.54

COMMENTS

Chris

When I think of S1 of SYTYCD Canada, I think of Allie & Nico, especially this routine... They were my two favourites throughout the season and the way they ended their journey on the show with this flawless contemporary routine. 

Diana

the best of the season easily to me

Patrick

This is the first CA1 routine I have seen and has always been a favourite of mine ever since. Everything about it is perfection, one of Stacey Tookey’s greatest for sure.

Wallace

This was really such a powerful, moving and beautiful routine from Allie & Nico! I thought they both shone in this so beautifully. Allie has such beautiful technique and Nico has really great technique here too. I love how they partner and dance together. But then I also love their side by side dancing and how in sync they were there too! :omg: The lifts were so seamless and effortless! This was just a gorgeous routine. This standouts as my favorite from Allie and one of my favorites from Nico. Loved this! ❤️

Rei

See what happens when Nico gets good contemporary choreography 🙂 This is great and they really did deliver in this routine, this just ensured them the top 2 placement imo. Allie looks a lot like Kathryn on this or I guess Kathryn looked like Allie actually 

Derek

Probably the biggest threat to win

Megan

I like Nico and Allie and I like them dancing together. But in a sea of very good contemporary routines throughout the years this one isn't nearly as memorable.

03. Lisa Auguste & Vincent Noiseux - "100% Pure Love" - (House by Sho-Tyme)

6z0sq0.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Rei - 1

Derek - 2

Megan - 2

Kriti - 4

Wallace - 5

Amanda - 6

Gigi - 10

Zoey - 10

Diana - 12

Patrick - 13

Chris - 17

Avg. Score = 7.45

COMMENTS

Rei

This is absolutely incredible.. what a perfect routine! They just slayed this choreography and no one could tell that these were just two lyrical dancers doing a House routine... No big tricks or attempt to create a moment, just pure dancing, danced perfectly by two incredibles artist! Hands down the best routine of the season and one of the greatest across all series!

Derek

Unreal. I wish it went on for like 5 more minutes

Megan

Of the English speaking versions of the show, Canada always had the broadest grasp on what Hip-Hop could be. Instead of falling for the "lyrical hip-hop" that plagued the US (or Nacho Pop being just ass), we got Dancehall and House routines. And this one is just iconic. It's danced by two dancers who probably knew what house music was before coming to the show. And this is some of Sho Tyme's best stuff.

Wallace

This is such a feel-good routine that always makes me happy whenever I watch this! :wub: I love the style, swag and synchronicity that Lisa & Vincent bring to this dance. They dance with so much flavor. But best of all, they look like they are having such a blast dancing this routine! :bobo: Their dancing comes off so fluid and natual. I just can't help but smile and want to dance this dance with them whenever I watch this. :bobo:

02. Natalli Reznik & Francis Lafrenière - "Espana Cani" - (Paso Doble by Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin)

6z0tl5.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Wallace - 1

Derek - 4

Patrick - 4

Megan - 4

Rei - 5

Diana - 6

Zoey - 6

Chris - 8

Amanda - 9

Gigi - 12

Kriti - 18

Avg. Score = 7.00

COMMENTS

Wallace

This routine led the start of a beautiful partnership with Natalli & Franics. Yeah this is like the go-to song for a Paso Doble, but dangg this was still such a powerful and dynamic routine! :omg: I loved all of their dramatic and intense dancing at the start of the routine where the music was really fast. Then they slowed it down with some beautiful but still powerful dancing. Franics partnered Natalli fantastically and those shapes Natalli created? Just woww! :omg: Amazing Paso!

Derek

they sacrificed Kevin for this moment and that's so messed up. But this routine is FIRE FIRE FIRE. Natalli makes the most insane lines and shapes with her body. 

Megan

WHO WOULDA THUNK THAT 3 of my TOP 5 routines would have Natalli!!!!!! I DID. Anyway, bring back Tony and Melanie and GIVE US REAL LATIN AGAIN. Two Latin dancers doing a real Paso Doble. Bring it back! I am a simple woman who has the simple desire of seeing an actual Paso Doble again!

Rei

This should be the prototype of what a perfect Paso is supposed to look like. There's really nothing else to say but PERFECTION!!!

01. Natalli Reznik & Vincent Noiseux - "Happy Ending" - (Contemporary by Stacey Tookie)

6z0u8p.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Megan - 1

Rei - 3

Diana - 3

Amanda - 4

Zoey - 4

Derek - 5

Kriti - 5

Patrick - 10

Wallace - 10

Gigi - 13

Chris - 13

Avg. Score = 6.45

COMMENTS

Megan

I feel like a long time ago I ranked either my favorite Canadian routines or favorite contemporary routines, regardless, this must have showed up high. It's my favorite contemporary from a season of very good contemporary routines and it's danced by my favorite male and female dancer from the season. Just all around very good and a bummer that it will probably land lower than "Slow Me Down" and "The Face" in this ranking.

Rei

Stacey did really slayed with her choreography on her first year. Another masterpiece danced perfectly by the two best dancers of the season and I'm so happy that this routine just won for this year :wub:

Derek

A Moment. Mostly for Natalli. Somehow this routine caused Vincent and Arassay to be eliminated. Natalli's power. 

Wallace

This was a very beautiful Contemporary routine from Natalli & Vincent. I love how they both had their separate moments to shine, Natalli at the start and then Vincent a little later. I loved how they danced together and the chemistry they had. ❤️ They danced really well side by side too and both brought great technique here. I did see one little part of them being out of sync when dancing together but other than that, this was very gorgeous.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (CA1) (#04-01 Posted)

- LOL at all of these very polarizing rankings for "Permanent." :dead: I'm not really surprised about this. I knew the big Allie stans would rank this first, which is totally understandable. But yikes at those really low rankings. Don't get that. This is a really moving and gorgeous dance from Allie/Nico. 

- Ahh I really love "100% Pure Love" and think this is such a super fun routine. :bobo: Kinda sad this wasn't Vincent's highest ranked routine. But I'm cool with it being Lisa's highest ranked. Oh wow.... I actually agree with Rei's comments on this. 😮 Also agree with Megan's comment too. 

- Awww dangg, I was really hoping for the Natalli/Francis Paso Doble to win. SO close to having my #1 winning here. Dangg. 😢 Amazing and brilliant Paso and such a highlight of the season for me. :wub: Agree with the comments on this routine. Although I'm perfectly fine with sacrificing whoever Kevin is to get this routine. :kissbye: 

- Ugh of course the routine I was not wanting to win of this Top 4 does end up winning. :dead:  This Natalli/Vincent Contemporary is a lovely and beautiful dance, but it's honestly not one I realllyyy remember all that much compared to other routines. I get the love for it but I just love others more. So yeah kinda disappointed in this end result but oh well. :ph34rwave: Others should be happy so that's good, at least.  And especially well done to Megan having her #1 win here.

• Like 2

Permanent got tanked, I kinda expected it but was hoping it would get to 2nd at least, oh wellz

If not Permanent I wanted the Paso doble to win out of the top 4 so I am disappointed it did not win, either. :broken:

I kinda jinxed it by saying we will get a happy ending :rofl:It’s kind of a „meh” ending for me personally, I mean the routine is cute but middle of the pack for me at best