SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

I never said spare all of them - I said that I would be upset if all of their stuff just gets cut, particularly their best work. Benji and Donyelle routines/solos are dropping like flies and I am here avoiding cutting a routine I dislike to ensure everyone is happy/all favorites are represented. Then immediately two Donyelle solos are cut. :dead:

Ooh, ahh alright, that's fair. I just took it all the other way. :haha:

I do also think this is the case with other contestants, as I also felt Allison and Travis routines were dropping like flies in earlier rounds. Same with Heidi too. All in all, cuts are just really tough. :(

And if I really had it my way, I would lose all of the solos except "Some Girls," as the routines mean so much more to me. :ph34rwave: I enjoyed most of the solos that advanced, but I just don't remember or connect as much to them as the routines.

1 hour ago, JC said:

I spared the benjelle routines for you although I also like them so I prob would not have considered them

i had no idea I was supposed to spare solos too though, that would have been tough considering the routines left

MTE.

But I'll admit I probably mistook his comment. :haha:

UNITED STATES SEASON 2:

100ce2006a878053d85e4191438295c3.jpg

TOP 20 WEEK ROUTINES:

Donyelle Jones & Benji Schwimmer - "2 Much Booty (In Da Pants)" (Hip-Hop by Shane Sparks)

Martha Nichols & Travis Wall - "Steam Heat" (Broadway by Tyce Diorio)

TOP 18 WEEK ROUTINES:

Natalie Fotopoulos & Musa Cooper - "Closer" (Contemporary by Tovaris Wilson)

Donyelle Jones & Benji Schwimmer - "Cuchi-Cuchi" (Cha-Cha by Mark Weiss)

TOP 16 WEEK ROUTINES:

Allison Holker & Ivan Koumaev - "Libertango" (Argentine Tango by Alex Da Silva)

TOP 14 WEEK ROUTINES:

Natalie Fotopoulos & Musa Cooper - "Hot Stuff" (Disco by Doriana Sánchez)

Donyelle Jones & Benji Schwimmer - "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" (Viennese Waltz by Toni Redpath + Michael Mead)

TOP 14 WEEK SOLOS:

Ivan Koumaev - "Let Me Love You" (Lyrical Hip-Hop)

TOP 12 WEEK ROUTINES:

Allison Holker & Ivan Koumaev - "Why" (Contemporary by Tyce Diorio)

Donyelle Jones & Benji Schwimmer - "You Can't Stop the Beat" (Broadway by Tyce Diorio)

TOP 12 WEEK SOLOS:

Travis Wall - "The Blower's Daughter" (Contemporary)

Natalie Fotopoulos - "Some Girls" (Jazz)

TOP 10 WEEK ROUTINES:

Heidi Groskreutz & Travis Wall - "The Plaza of Execution" (Paso Doble by Mary Murphy)

Allison Holker & Ryan Rankine - "Ethna" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

Natalie Fotopoulos & Benji Schwimmer - "Wonderful" (Jazz by Tyce Diorio)

Heidi Groskreutz & Travis Wall - "Calling You" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

Allison Holker & Ryan Rankine - "Bye Bye Blackbird" (Broadway by Tyce Diorio)

Natalie Fotopoulos & Benji Schwimmer - "She's Freaky" (Hip-Hop by Shane Sparks)

TOP 10 WEEK SOLOS:

Natalie Fotopoulos - "Lamentation" (Contemporary)

Benji Schwimmer - "Land of 1000 Dances" (West Coast Swing)

TOP 10 WEEK GROUP ROUTINE:

Top 10 - "Ramalama (Bang Bang)" (Pop-Jazz by Wade Robson)

TOP 8 WEEK ROUTINES:

Allison Holker & Ivan Koumaev - "Sexy Love" (Hip-Hop by Shane Sparks)

Heidi Groskreutz & Benji Schwimmer - "Black Mambo" (Mambo by Alex Da Silva)

TOP 6 WEEK ROUTINES:

Natalie Fotopoulos & Ivan Koumaev - "Everytime We Touch (Yanou's Candlelight Mix)" (Contemporary by Tyce Diorio)

TOP 6 WEEK SOLOS:

Travis Wall - "Flying Without Wings (A Capella Version)" (Contemporary)

Ivan Koumaev - "I Question Mark" (Hip-Hop)

TOP 6 WEEK GROUP ROUTINE:

Top 6 - "Hide and Seek" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

TOP 4 WEEK ROUTINES:

Travis Wall & Benji Schwimmer - "Gyrate" (Hip-Hop by Shane Sparks)

Donyelle Jones & Travis Wall - "Georgia On My Mind" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

TOP 4 WEEK GROUP ROUTINE:

Top 4 - "SexyBack" (Pop-Jazz by Wade Robson)

ROUND RULES

We have arrived at the Top 30. Congratulations to all the final routines. Now is time to rank all of the finalists. Remember that the winning routine will be advancing straight to the Top 500 round of the tournament. Write-ups, comments, etc. are not necessary for any routine except for the one that you rank first! Please submit all rankings to me by no later than Sunday, October 24th, 11:59 PM. Good luck and have fun!

@FrogLenzen @.Rei @Elliott @sublymonal @totes4totes @*Diana @*Amanda @*Chris @*Wallace @taylorkat @JC @Zoey @Deeee

Just now, Alex95 said:

Top 30?! No wonder lol

I think limiting it to only 20 for some seasons actually does a disservice to the game. LOL. For the majority of the seasons, the first week alone has ten duets. Not to mention all the solos + group routines. So there are nearly 20 routines to consider for the first week of the competition alone. :dead:

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I had the same reaction. I feel like Season 2 is so polarizing and chaotic. The feud between Benjelle stans and Travis/Allison fans rages on it seems. LOL.

I was perfectly fine to no participate in any feud and then you cut one of my favourite Ivan routines so I declared war. 😘

Just now, Deeee said:

You cut the Salsa we are even

In my defence, 14-year-old Elliott was bitter over Ivan and Natalie missing the finale and blamed the cousins, so I have no recollection of that routine other than my decade-old rage. :rofl:

@FrogLenzen @.Rei @Elliott @sublymonal @totes4totes @*Diana @*Amanda @*Chris @*Wallace @taylorkat @JC @Zoey

Question to everyone: would you like to start the next season's round as rankings are submitted for the previous season, taking a brief intermission to do the results reveal? Or would you all rather wait to start the next season until results are revealed?