American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

9 hours ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

She’s also young, gorgeous and has an actual country accent. She’d have a shot for sure lol

Nashville is inundated with Country singers from TV singing shows.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

One more thing I like to add. (Sorry, I haven't caught up with this season of AI but I did listen to the recent performances), Noah and Dan chose songs that are resonating with the audience a lot ("Stuck on You" and "Cover Me Up") -- in addition with not fumbling their performances if that makes sense. 

In other words, smart song selection.  Maybe Allegra should do the same.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

In other words, smart song selection.  Maybe Allegra should do the same.

Maybe. But I don't think just having a smart song selection will be enough to propel her as a front-runner when it comes to AI's audience. They have a problem with her voice.

This might just be my experience watching her on "The Voice" kicking in. It seems like Allegra's reception with Facebook is a bit worse on "American Idol" though.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

How are these 2 things even comparable?

EXACTLY. lol How can you expect her to do decent at country when she couldn't grab audiences with anything she did on the show?

17 hours ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

Thank you for putting into words what I was trying to express.

(also, her audition proves that she absolutely CAN sing whitney.......if she switches it up and puts an acoustic/countrypop twang to it.)

I just don't get her appeal sorry.

Her voice is weak even compared to Leah and Ava...

9 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't think this is the got ya post that you think it is. 

It wasn't supposed to be. I just don't get that singer's appeal is all I was saying, but hey if Lauren Spencer Smith can be on my local radio station I don't see why Cadence can't someday too. 

Jeeze. lol

Edited by KelseyW

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

EXACTLY. lol How can you expect her to do decent at country when she couldn't grab audiences with anything she did on the show?

I just don't get her appeal sorry.

Her voice is weak even compared to Leah and Ava...

hot take but Cadence has the Kat McPhee effect. People hate her because she’s beautiful. 

that’s what I choose to believe ;) queen Cadence supremacy

7 minutes ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

hot take but Cadence has the Kat McPhee effect. People hate her because she’s beautiful. 

I'm not denying her beauty I just don't think her voice is unique. But I've been proven wrong in the past. 🙂 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

Nah.  She wasn't ready.  Her father had to accompany her on her audition.  Why couldn't she learn to play the guitar like other contestants?

Also, in the genre duets - she and Cole were told that only one of them made it.  She was ecstatic for herself - while ignoring the fact that he just got cut.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Nah.  She wasn't ready.  Her father had to accompany her on her audition.  Why couldn't she learn to play the guitar like other contestants?

Also, in the genre duets - she and Cole were told that only one of them made it.  She was ecstatic for herself - while ignoring the fact that he just got cut.

She can play guitar, there are videos online of her doing that lol. Idk why she didn’t on the show. I do agree that she wasn’t ready. But that doesn’t discount the fact that people were probably hating on her because she was beautiful and had a “famous”/well off family. Reddit comes to mind, they dragged her every week and the hate was so OTT and it was obvious that it went far beyond the fact that she wasn’t performing that well. 

on another note... I would love to see Nicolina sing some Celine this week. She has a tiktok of herself doing “it’s all coming back to me now” and she sounds fantastic. 🤩

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I agree with her not being fully ready yet but neither of those are very good reasonings. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd4fdVAq/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd4fLGGK/

Videos of her playing guitar and singing- she just simply chose not too. Even if she didn't know how to play i dont think that really matters in a SINGING competition lol. Many people have had family, friends, or significant others play instruments in there audition. Doesnt mean they can't do anything without them. She did it in Hawaii. 

And it makes sense she was happy that she got through. 

2:49 is where they said she got through. It's not like she jumped for joy lol, she turned her back and smiled. She whispered something to Cole at 2:54ish, cant tell what she said but it certainly didn't look like she was bragging. 

Edited by erik g
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

She can play guitar, there are videos online of her doing that lol. Idk why she didn’t on the show. I do agree that she wasn’t ready. But that doesn’t discount the fact that people were probably hating on her because she was beautiful and had a “famous”/well off family. Reddit comes to mind, they dragged her every week and the hate was so OTT and it was obvious that it went far beyond the fact that she wasn’t performing that well. 

on another note... I would love to see Nicolina sing some Celine this week. She has a tiktok of herself doing “it’s all coming back to me now” and she sounds fantastic. 🤩

She comes from a musical family.  But she needed to show who she is as an artist.  And dragging her father along to accompany her appeared as if she was riding on his coat tails.  She was always on the fringe of falling apart.

4 minutes ago, erik g said:

I agree with her not being fully ready yet but neither of those are very good reasonings. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd4fdVAq/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd4fLGGK/

Videos of her playing guitar and singing- she just simply chose not too. Even if she didn't know how to play i dont think that really matters in a SINGING competition lol

And it makes sense she was happy that she got through. 

2:49 is where they said she got through. It's not like she jumped for joy lol, she turned her back and smiled. She whispered something to Cole at 2:54ish, cant tell what she said but it certainly didn't look like she was bragging. 

And yet you think it's because people are just jealous of her looks???  Nah.  She had a pretty forgettable personality, stage presence.

Edited by mytake1

Just now, mytake1 said:

And yet you think it's because people are just jealous because of her looks???  Nah.  She had a pretty forgettable personality, stage presence.

What lmao i said nothing about her looks