Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

On 11/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 9 - Episode 10 - The Girls Go to Shanghai

oEBGq3r.png

And Saleisha says she won't share her giant bed with Heather!

Love the casual homophobia in this scene too 

"I know that Heather has a disability or whatever, but I don't like the fact that Heather's 21 and she needs people to stand up for her" I mean...that's the point Bianca. She can't always socialize as well as everyone else...?

AND MAYBE I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT SALEISHA IS 21 AND SHE NEEDS PEOPLE TO BULLY? AND MAYBE I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ALL GROWN ADULTS ACTING LIKE CHILDREN? BE QUIET TIFFANY WHEN YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT YOU LAY THERE AND YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF

Final six CoverGirl commercials in English? We're getting lazy ANTM!

A softball for TCO Saleisha!!! And she still sucks at it lmao

The girls have no business being this shocked over Heather surviving her first B2 appearance over Lisa in her second in a row

I wonder if they are all thinking Heather is a lock for the win in this moment

On 11/3/2021 at 5:36 PM, Alex95 said:

Photo:

1. Heather - Gorgeous! I'm not gonna lie I was nervous about Heather doing a Covergirl picture, but this is one of my favorite Covergirl pictures...ever? Her smile is gorgeous, her eyes are stunning, I love the way she's playing with her hair. Just a perfect picture!

She absolutely wrecked everyone with this. Lisa should have started crying as soon as this photo popped up on the screen

On 11/3/2021 at 5:36 PM, Alex95 said:

5. Saleisha - This was the shoot Saleisha was supposed to kill, how did she flop it so bad?

6. Chantal - Terrible. She got styled terribly, but that doesn't excuse her smile being one of the fakest worst smiles I've ever seen.

American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

5 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Cycle 9 - Episode 11 - The Girls Go On Go-See Adventures

wdTwVyi.png

"I don't feel like it's a modeling competition anymore, it's a personality competition and that's pissing me off :rolleyes:"

sApM7PP.png

"Just cause I'm not like :haha: :giggle:like Saleisha doesn't mean I don't have personality :rolleyes:"

THE TRUE JENAH IS REVEALED! STAN STATUS ACTIVATED

4uGsWLG.png

"Saleisha is very pretty girl, but she's so dull"

Clockedt

Ql12l8U.png

Heather finally makes it to her first go-see while the other girls are on their third!

MODEL. The most modelesque 

6cJqjrP.png

"I loveeeeee this 😄" Saleisha to everyone

miyO9EF.png

"I think there is a fine-line between appreciating their clothes and kissing butt"

0NeDQmv.png

"Omg goodbye!!" xoxo

Hahahaha I always love this bit from the editors

ijYAjGi.png

Jenah finds Heather who is lost looking for her cab :dead:

ugh Heather at Go-Sees is such a train wreck tragedy. Hurts to watch.

gqh0mNX.png

Jenah mocks Nigel to his face ❤️

LOL the CariDee strategy strikes again. 

5t1e2i.jpg

5KcHEot.png

Can you imagine being the producer of a modeling shot and letting this be the bottom two?

Angry Angry White Woman GIF - Angry Angry White Woman Angry Middle Aged  White Woman - Discover & Share GIFs

1. Jenah - Why did they hide her for the first 10 episodes? She's one of the most real and relatable girls this show has ever seen. She literally just wants to model and doesn't give a single shit about the dramatics of the show ❤️. I love her cynical and sarcastic sense of humor.

Jenah with a winner's edit throughout the whole cycle and a different result at top 3 would be LEGENDARY.

This is the best they could come up with for a Saleisha winner edit and it's embarrassing. 

23 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Love the casual homophobia in this scene too 

AND MAYBE I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT SALEISHA IS 21 AND SHE NEEDS PEOPLE TO BULLY? AND MAYBE I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ALL GROWN ADULTS ACTING LIKE CHILDREN? BE QUIET TIFFANY WHEN YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT YOU LAY THERE AND YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF

A softball for TCO Saleisha!!! And she still sucks at it lmao

I wonder if they are all thinking Heather is a lock for the win in this moment

She absolutely wrecked everyone with this. Lisa should have started crying as soon as this photo popped up on the screen

American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

Lol yeah I've shared a bed with straight male friends before Saleisha, it's just sleeping! I'm sure you'll be fine sharing a bed with a straight woman!!!

Lmaooo they're all messes.

Saleisha doing the commercial in Chinese could've actually been fun :broken:

I hope they were petrified!!!

Lol yeah if I'm Lisa and I see myself in the bottom two, I'm leaving panel immediately, no need for the dramatics.

:dead:. How did CG allow the producers to make them the top two after this???

23 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

THE TRUE JENAH IS REVEALED! STAN STATUS ACTIVATED

Clockedt

MODEL. The most modelesque 

Hahahaha I always love this bit from the editors

ugh Heather at Go-Sees is such a train wreck tragedy. Hurts to watch.

LOL the CariDee strategy strikes again. 

5t1e2i.jpg

Angry Angry White Woman GIF - Angry Angry White Woman Angry Middle Aged  White Woman - Discover & Share GIFs

Jenah with a winner's edit throughout the whole cycle and a different result at top 3 would be LEGENDARY.

This is the best they could come up with for a Saleisha winner edit and it's embarrassing. 

We needed her earlier!

:giggle:

Heather's walk may have been a mess, but she wears those gowns flawlessly and with such grace.

Same :giggle:

:broken:

Lol yeah I'm not sure what Jenah was thinking, but I also assume she's literally never watched the show and didn't know about the trap CariDee fell into :dead: (or maybe saw her win anyway so thought it would be fine lmao)

Yeah...what a tragic bottom two.

If Jenah was the winner, they wouldn't show off her sarcastic side I fear. She would've been edited down less than Naima.

Cycle 9 - Episode 12 - The Girls Go to the Great Wall

JyXYMsj.png

Bianca gives a shady confessional about how the house isn't missing much with Heather gone, but the tea I've read is that Bianca and Heather were actually really close in the house so what_is_the_truth.gif

QyaIm0X.png

The girls travel to Shanghai and for some reason the cameraman chose this as an establishing shot!

ljVUVX3.png

"Being in the bottom two is actually one of the best feelings in the world, you should try it 🙂"

I bet the producer just asked her some dumbass question about how it feels to be in the bottom two lmao

CoJg3AF.png

"Chantal is Miss Perky all the time I'm just like 'Shut up!'"

BPVmjjD.png

Whichever producer thought up this pun was sooooo excited

AVGVDB7.png

The girls have an hour to run around the mall and modernize their outfits!

5pkvHj2.png

Bianca sending Jenah the wrong way at the challenge :dead:

GcMlQvS.png

"That bitch!"

IUXsOEO.png

"Hey ladiesssssssss!!!!!!!!!"

u6pl51i.png

And Jenah wins the challenge! (sidenote, has Chantal not won anything or am I forgetting something?)

8oPPgoI.png

"So Jenah you get to pick a friend-" (She picks Chantal and not Bianca obviously lol)

3dCW5hr.png

Jenah getting private walking lessons from Miss J?! An actually helpful reward 😮

CbdH8Wu.png

Jenah cries about missing home...I mean the doom is written on the wall

ODMnMdK.png

Tyra is shooting the girls at the Great Wall!

ikUUKeo.png

Bianca...it's final four. You should no better than to block your face from the camera :dead:

dB19kFH.png

The producers ain't seeing heaven for placing Saleisha in the middle of the group shot

V8rVh1u.png

"Chantal is just so bland...her picture are ok but her personality is so giggly. Saleisha's had a lot of experience so for her to come in here and not be amazing sucks on her part" I'm sorry are we supposed to be disagreeing with Bianca or something???

9kEVoIY.png

Jenah opens up about her home life and wanting her little sisters to look up to her since she's never had a role model.

1oBriCj.png

Tyra grabbing Bianca's hands to give her advice while she's eliminating her lol so awkward (Tyra had real soft spot for Bianca that I find interesting)

8qRZk2O.png

Bianca is a mess in these final words it's actually making me a bit emotional :broken:

Ss0zTb7.png

And then there were 3...

Cast Ranking:

1iOi2n2.png

Bianca and Jenah. That's it, that's the episode review. This could've been an all-time terrible episode, but my girls were amazing here. Bianca went out on a high note and Jenah has really come into her own.

1. Bianca - This is the Bianca I fell in love with. None of that messy crap with Heather. Competitive as hell and maybe a bit harsh, but someone who wears her heart on her sleeve and is just so raw and real.

2. Jenah - The downfall of Jenah continues. I was pretty surprised by Tyra's reception to Jenah's speech. While crying about home is never a good look, she talked about never having a role model and wanting to be one, and she pretty confidently declared how much she wants to win the show, much better than most girls do when questioned on whether or not they ~want this~. The producers are really out to get her.

3. Chantal - Fine.

4. Saleisha - Whatever.

Photo Ranking:

3uhUNHw.png

Such a gorgeous backdrop and setting, it's really hard to mess a photo like this up. Having said that, I don't love Tyra's photography here that much :dead:. The color isn't really working for me tbh. But it's good! Tyra's simple b&w shots she did from 5-7 are where she should've stayed.

Solo:

1. Jenah - This photo's really grown on me. I'm not obsessed with it, but I love the extension of her leg and I think her face is telling a whole story. Great job!

2. Chantal - One of my favorite pictures of Chantal. Chantal's face has never impressed me that much, but her profile looks great here. I think it needed just a bit more commitment in the pose.

3. Saleisha - Look, Saleisha's clearly improving. I appreciate the risk and compared to the last risk she took at the rock climbing photo, this is miles better. Her face is still a bit out of control in this motion shot, with all the tension going straight to her mouth. But the pose is strong, can't take that away from her.

4. Bianca - It's okay, but Bianca was unfortunately the clear choice to go home by this point. Bianca's got such a strong look and an amazing runway walk, but she really was not improving fast enough in these photos. I'm glad she was able to work with her strengths and find a modeling career after the show though.

Group:

1. Jenah - My eyes go straight to Jenah here, her face is so striking.

2. Saleisha - Being in the middle definitely helps, but this is probably my favorite close-up picture of Saleisha in the competition.

3. Chantal - It's okay, but very lazy. I do not get the hype for it at all, the judges picking it as their favorite is????

4. Bianca - You can read it on her face that she's struggling above Saleisha's bun.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 9 - Episode 12)
20 hours ago, Alex95 said:

"Being in the bottom two is actually one of the best feelings in the world, you should try it 🙂"

I bet the producer just asked her some dumbass question about how it feels to be in the bottom two lmao

the assistant producer to Ken Mok after Jenah's interview

permit patty calling the police GIF

"Hey ladiesssssssss!!!!!!!!!"

200.gif

21 hours ago, Alex95 said:

(sidenote, has Chantal not won anything or am I forgetting something?)

shocked to learn that Chantal is forgettable

"Chantal is just so bland...her picture are ok but her personality is so giggly. Saleisha's had a lot of experience so for her to come in here and not be amazing sucks on her part" I'm sorry are we supposed to be disagreeing with Bianca or something???

You're right, I have to give credit to Bianca because sometimes she spits straight truth fire 

Jenah opens up about her home life and wanting her little sisters to look up to her since she's never had a role model.

Jenah always says the right things at panel, imo. Also, after hearing this speech Chantal says next episode that she wouldn't want her sister to look up to Jenah... disgusting. [okay now I'm also seeing what you wrote in your next post... and YES for whatever reason Tyra just blows off Jenah even though she's saying everything right and setting up a nice finale redemption storyline for them, but they just throw it all in the trash]

8qRZk2O.png

Bianca is a mess in these final words it's actually making me a bit emotional :broken:

too emotional to find a flattering screenshot :broken:

Such a gorgeous backdrop and setting, it's really hard to mess a photo like this up. Having said that, I don't love Tyra's photography here that much :dead:. The color isn't really working for me tbh. But it's good! Tyra's simple b&w shots she did from 5-7 are where she should've stayed.

Yeah I don't love this shoot either. I don't think Tyra's concept was 100% solid. Act like you're flying over the wall? What? So Jenah does an arabesque and Saleisha just kind of... hops in place? I think Chantal did the best with Tyra's concept but then the face gets a tiny bit lost. The group shot is better because it's more limited in scope for the models AND Tyra's direction. Overall, kind of a missed opportunity with an amazing setting and amazing styling. 

On 11/6/2021 at 12:29 PM, hayden98 said:

I love the stark difference between your love for Jenah/Bianca and indifference/dislike for Chantal/Saleisha. I'm vicariously living the antm experience through you rn, but I don't remember you posting a single thing about Chantal this entire cycle :lmao: 

It's like night and day between those two pairs lol. Glad you're enjoying my ramblings :haha:. There's been nothing to update us about Chantal and I'm sure that won't change in the finale.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, FrogLenzen said:

the assistant producer to Ken Mok after Jenah's interview

permit patty calling the police GIF

200.gif

shocked to learn that Chantal is forgettable

You're right, I have to give credit to Bianca because sometimes she spits straight truth fire 

Jenah always says the right things at panel, imo. Also, after hearing this speech Chantal says next episode that she wouldn't want her sister to look up to Jenah... disgusting. [okay now I'm also seeing what you wrote in your next post... and YES for whatever reason Tyra just blows off Jenah even though she's saying everything right and setting up a nice finale redemption storyline for them, but they just throw it all in the trash]

too emotional to find a flattering screenshot :broken:

Yeah I don't love this shoot either. I don't think Tyra's concept was 100% solid. Act like you're flying over the wall? What? So Jenah does an arabesque and Saleisha just kind of... hops in place? I think Chantal did the best with Tyra's concept but then the face gets a tiny bit lost. The group shot is better because it's more limited in scope for the models AND Tyra's direction. Overall, kind of a missed opportunity with an amazing setting and amazing styling. 

:dead:

Ann :wub:

Lol I was right, she has not won anything (nor will she 😇)

When Bianca is on...oh boy is she on

Okay glad we're on the same page here with Jenah. It may have not been a Natasha-level pitch, but she hit all the talking points that usually work on this show, they just had it out for her.

Lol sorry :dead:

Agree with all this, the execution was so off and there was no motivation or inspiration behind the direction. A better photographer could've created magic with this locale.

• Like 1

Cycle 9 - Episode 13 - The Girl Who Becomes America’s Next Top Model

ZLj86IS.png

The girls are excited to be the final three (Jenah laying on the bed with those dirty ass feet though...mayhaps she deserved to lose)

BaaMa3j.png

Jaslene is here!

cITbfWm.png

Chantal sounds soooooo overly rehearsed here

koXS8hy.png

Jay talking about how Jenah was snotty and bitchy in her commercial :rolleyes:

IzLhonF.png

Saleisha takes ~a moment~ as she's bombing the commercial (lol I'm J*y)

vIFqmVG.png

I love how they keep reshowing Dani's covergirl photo for three seasons now :wub:

BbCSc8B.png

"Jenah's personality and how she carries hereself, she can be very rude and disrespectful" (most and least potential question should be final four or five, not three)

v5IhG6O.png

Chantal says Jenah isn't the type of person she would want her little sister to look up to because she thinks she's better than everyone else

2lIIx9S.png

Jenah hopes she can represent the girls who aren't super bubbly, but are still covergirls

imyxPQV.png

Why isn't Chantal getting dragged for whatever the hell this outfit is?

sQMchsP.png

"I just hate that just because I'm not running around smiling all the time, that makes me mean or makes me think I'm better than people! I don't have to be rainbows incessantly just for girls to want to be like me"

UyIviQW.png

The judges get Jenah to break down as she opens up about how she had to raise her little sisters.

42xAeW9.png

Tyra tells Jenah she just found out who the ~real Jenah~ is

jSlYAhW.png

Not Chantal crying during Jenah's judging, gurl bye!

Ay8UNIk.png

Tyra tells Jenah she has some of the strongest photos she's ever seen in this competition and she finally got to see the real Jenah but she sent her home anyway lol

fIa1JRC.png

And then there were 2...

mrqbXUn.png

"What's up ladiessssssssss 😄"

1Hf8fam.png

Not the flashback to Saleisha and Chantal's final two deal!

0rCwB0A.png

How Tyra enters the DWTS studio every Monday night.

yNeyePk.png

I've kinda been loving these dresses, too bad it's wasted on this final two lmao

8RzvOrK.png

One of the performer's tripping on Chantal's dress :dead:

qnvXhDS.png

Lol

tsxwlbR.png

Chantal and Saleisha hug and get their earrings stuck to each other lol

4eu62CK.png

They forgot to do the flowers shoot during the portfolio battle :giggle:

7suI2SZ.png

Lol poor Chantal got destroyed for her final runway, I'd have to know I'm losing if I'm her

xQJWE0d.png

And Saleisha wins!

7Jp5apt.png

And then there was 1!

Cast Ranking:

GNe8FLl.png

This genuinely could've been one of the best finales ever. Jenah saves herself from elimination and rises like a phoenix from the ashes for a top-tier redemption storyline! Instead Tyra sent her home and gave us that final two.

1. Jenah - If Tyra was gonna make her break down, she could've at least given her a final two slot lmao. Unnecessary! Jenah is too real for this show.

2. Saleisha - Congrats gurl...

3. Chantal - I spoke too soon about Chantal doing nothing, her comments about Jenah at judging were shitty and she should feel bad.

Photo Ranking:

A9W9QIo.png

Posing with fruit is dumb.

Photo:

1. Jenah - One of my fave covergirl pictures ever. It has so much charm and is so cute. This literally should be an ad right now.

2. Saleisha - Better than her first one, and I do love her smile. It's too tense though, she has to relax the shoulder and exhale.

2. Chantal - Better than her first one, but that smile is still faker than a two dollar bill.

Commercial:

1. Jenah - Real and relatable. Not amazing, but decent enough.

2. Saleisha - A little too put on for my liking, but fine.

3. Chantal - Came across even faker than her ad.

Cycle 9 - Overall Thoughts

Not a great cycle unfortunately. The producers invested in the wrong people. I try not to let the outcome determine how I feel about a reality show. It's about the journey, not the destination. However, an ending is still important, even if I disagree with it I have to understand how we got to that point. But we had Jenah, Bianca, and Heather in the final five and I found myself looking at Saleisha and Chantal as the last two standing. It just isn't right. So while I'll be docking points for the destination not being worth it, the journey wasn't that great either. There were some fun moments here and there, but they were few and far between. The drama had a dark cloud of ableism hanging over it for the most part so that was no fun. And when there wasn't drama, the cast just wasn't fun. There was no comic relief in this season at all. I will say I found myself enjoying overseas more than the earlier episodes (even though Jenah finally shining was just a Jenah beatdown and three straight B2 appearances lol). If you're looking for a Serious Modeling Competition, that was a step in the right direction at least! A few good challenges and some really strong photoshoots. But once again, we look at the final two and I can't really give you that modelesque ending...

1. Cycle 3

2. Cycle 6

3. Cycle 2

4. Cycle 5

5. Cycle 1

6. Cycle 8

7. Cycle 4

8. Cycle 9

9. Cycle 7

Cast Ranking:

lTaHmP3.png

1. Jenah - I kept going back and forth between my top two, but I have to follow my heart on this one and give Jenah the win. It's not like me to stan someone so utterly pointless and invisible for 2/3 of the season. However when we finally got to see Jenah, I was in love. I haven't related to an ANTM girl so much since Elyse back in C1. Jenah's dry sense of humor is right up my alley. I also think the predetermined downfall of Jenah is kind of tragic. They couldn't figure out what to fault with her so they defaulted to the "we hate your personality" card, which was pretty weak considering how easily Jenah countered it every step of the way. The show put her through the ringer and it didn't get her much, but a top ranking in my rewatch thread on an American Idol website so I suppose it was worth it in the end.

2. Heather - New biggest rewatch surprise! I LOVE Heather. I didn't remember C9 that well and I don't think I stanned Heather, but felt bad for how the show and the other girls treated her. I'm glad I rewatched this cycle just for a Heather renaissance though. I think Heather had my favorite confessionals of the cycle actually! She was really good in there. I didn't like Heather just because I felt bad for her, I loved her for who she is, her personality, what she represents, her photos, everything. Heather was a delight and she deserved better. I'm pleased she seemed to enjoy the experience as a whole though.

3. Ebony - Lol icon. Ebony in casting being the Bitch was so out of left field from what we got in the house. Ebony came, she tried modeling, she was amazing, and then decided she didn't like it and left ❤️. Who can fault her? If you're working a job you don't like it, you quit it! I don't blame Ebony at all lmao. She didn't give up cause she couldn't do it, she clearly had the goods. She was just over it ❤️. Love that for her!

4. Bianca - I had her down in fifth, but putting her below a third boot felt wrong lol. While she did cross the line into indefensible problematic territory towards the end, I can't understate the impact she had on the early season (and her final episode). If you're gonna be the bitch of the season, you gotta do it right. Bianca was fully committed to the part and she was a savage. Bianca's fight with Saleisha lived rent free in my mind from the first time I saw the episode and it was just as iconic as I can remember. Bianca does Queen Bee better than most girls on this show. I love the villains, I'm sorry I do. Of course you do have to take the good with the bad and she was objectively horrible to Heather, specifically once they went overseas. But I'm glad Bianca ended her cycle on a high note (and I believe she's, like, the only girl to redeem her character in All-Stars so love that for her, will reconfirm if I ever make it there!)

5. Victoria - I felt very robbed of Victoria, I still feel like she had two or three really good episodes left in her. I think we missed out on a Twiggy and Victoria screaming match. Victoria was not interested in the show at all, didn't try to hide that fact for a second, and I love her for it. She was cold as ice and it was so fun to watch. She was the comic relief character we missed out on!

6. Lisa - What an inconsistent character. I fell in love with her at the beginning of the cycle, but she completely disappeared after the first few episodes, then became a bit annoying. I think I fall on the side of liking Lisa, but I'd be open to disliking her lol.

7. Ambreal - I want to hang out with Ambral and grab a drink with her. Does that mean I need her on my reality show? No. She seems sweet and fun. The circumstances surrounding her are more fun than her (being in purgatory for two episodes because she was supposed to be eliminated lol and then missing out on China while it was dangled right in front of her)

8. Mila - Mila cackling at the first photoshoot was one of the funnest moments of the cycle ❤️. She's no Kathleen, but she's a fun first boot!

9. Sarah - One of my three who's, but she kinda won me over at the end.

10. Janet - The other who, she never won me over in the end.

11. Chantal - I guess she's not as irrelevant as the other girls, but she honestly could've been considered a "who" as well. What did we get to know about Chantal? I know she's passionate about modeling. That's about it. Chantal did not need to live in that house, she gave us NOTHING. Even when she flopped it wasn't fun to watch. What an absolutely irrelevant character. I know more about Naima than I do about Chantal. And being shitty in that final episode certainly didn't help things, otherwise I might've been nice and put her above Janet.

12. Saleisha - Undeserving predetermined win? Check. Shitty to Heather? Check. Got her ass kicked by multiple girls yet outlasted them? Check. Annoying fake bubbly personality? Check. Congrats Saleisha, you suck! Honestly I went into this rewatch open-minded. Obviously I knew her win would be undeserved, but I'm hardly someone to care about modeling on this show. Maybe I'd at least enjoy her as a character...? Unfortunately I was wrong. She also sucked as a character.

13. Kimberly - Shitty to Heather than she left. A tool to keep any winner from being last in my ranking until I get to Brittani maybe

Top 10:

WyNr7Sf.png

HMs go to Heather's rock climbing, Sarah's recyclables, and Lisa's desert all of which I considered including, but ultimately I'm pretty happy with my top 10 and it was fairly straightforward for me.

1. Ebony's Gargoyle

2. Lisa's Gargoyle

3. Jenah's Flowers

4. Ebony's Flowers

5. Jenah's Recycables

6. Heater's CoverGirl

7. Jenah's Rock Climbing

8. Jenah's CoverGirl #2

9. Janet's Rock Climbing

10. Chantal's Desert

And none for Saleisha bye

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 9)

Alex's Cycle 9:

1. Jenah = 3.45

2. Heather = 3.80

3. Victoria = 4.33

4. Lisa = 4.38

5. Chantal = 5.18

6. Janet = 5.50

7. Ambreal = 5.71

8-9. Saleisha = 6.60 / Ebony = 6.60

10. Bianca = 7.00

11. Sarah = 7.17

12. Kimberly = 10.50

13. Mila = 13.00

Tyra's Cycle 9:

1. Jenah = 3.27

2. Heather = 3.67

3. Lisa = 3.75

4. Chantal = 3.91

5. Saleisha = 4.00

6. Bianca = 5.00

7. Sarah = 5.33

8. Ambreal = 7.00

9. Ebony = 8.00

10. Janet = 8.25

11. Victoria = 8.67

12. Kimberly = 11.00

13. Mila = 13.00

Edited by Deeee

On 11/8/2021 at 11:21 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 9 - Episode 13 - The Girl Who Becomes America’s Next Top Model

The girls are excited to be the final three (Jenah laying on the bed with those dirty ass feet though...mayhaps she deserved to lose)

Tv Show Prison GIF by Animal Kingdom on TNT

jail

koXS8hy.png

Jay talking about how Jenah was snotty and bitchy in her commercial :rolleyes:

Jay is in the loop for the edit, as always

IzLhonF.png

Saleisha takes ~a moment~ as she's bombing the commercial (lol I'm J*y)

This is supposed to be some empowering moment where the takes Tyra's advice and it magically works. Unfortunately they couldn't even edit it to be believable

(most and least potential question should be final four or five, not three)

THEY WERE AFRAID OF BIANCA SPITTING THE TRUTH

Chantal says Jenah isn't the type of person she would want her little sister to look up to because she thinks she's better than everyone else

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

2lIIx9S.png

Jenah hopes she can represent the girls who aren't super bubbly, but are still covergirls

"I think a laid back girl can still be a covergirl" is a winner speech in any other cycle

"I just hate that just because I'm not running around smiling all the time, that makes me mean or makes me think I'm better than people! I don't have to be spewing rainbows incessantly just for girls to want to be like me"

QUEEEEEEEEEEEN

UyIviQW.png

The judges get Jenah to break down as she opens up about how she had to raise her little sisters.

42xAeW9.png

Tyra tells Jenah she just found out who the ~real Jenah~ is

Another winner moment in any other cycle, even if it doesn't really make any sense and Tyra is just making things up

Aaaaaaaaand I'm ignoring the rest of your post.

But yeah.. I feel a teeny tiny bit bad for Saleisha because I truly think that her makeover contributed a very significant amount to how she was able to come across on the show, the fan reception, and also affected the quality of her photos. She is waaaaaaay more beautiful and interesting-looking as a model than the hair allowed. But at the end of the day, Saleisha is one of the least compelling personalities and the fact that the editors didn't help her out makes me think that there was no substance there to salvage anything

On 11/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, Deeee said:

What a top six. I completely agree with all of your thoughts. ❤️

Yay, thanks!

On 11/9/2021 at 2:47 PM, Deeee said:

Wow 7/10 in common.

Whew not bad!

On 11/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, .Rei said:

Jenah :wub:

one of the best portfolios ever 

can't wait for her to be robbed on the Mini-Rankdown

Agreed :wub:

I think she'll win...but don't throw that out into the universe!

On 11/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, totes4totes said:

won't be by me this time!!!!!

Good :wub:

20 hours ago, Deeee said:

Alex's Cycle 9:

1. Jenah = 3.45

2. Heather = 3.80

3. Victoria = 4.33

4. Lisa = 4.38

5. Chantal = 5.18

6. Janet = 5.50

7. Ambreal = 5.71

8-9. Saleisha = 6.60 / Ebony = 6.60

10. Bianca = 7.00

11. Sarah = 7.17

12. Kimberly = 10.50

13. Mila = 13.00

Tyra's Cycle 9:

1. Jenah = 3.27

2. Heather = 3.67

3. Lisa = 3.75

4. Chantal = 3.91

5. Saleisha = 4.00

6. Bianca = 5.00

7. Sarah = 5.33

8. Ambreal = 7.00

9. Ebony = 8.00

10. Janet = 8.25

11. Victoria = 8.67

12. Kimberly = 11.00

13. Mila = 13.00

Yay thanks for this. Lol @ Victoria in my final three. However, mine definitely makes more senes than Tyra's (though Tyra's isn't bad getting the right top three, too bad she didn't actually commit to it)

11 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Tv Show Prison GIF by Animal Kingdom on TNT

jail

Jay is in the loop for the edit, as always

This is supposed to be some empowering moment where the takes Tyra's advice and it magically works. Unfortunately they couldn't even edit it to be believable

THEY WERE AFRAID OF BIANCA SPITTING THE TRUTH

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

"I think a laid back girl can still be a covergirl" is a winner speech in any other cycle

QUEEEEEEEEEEEN

Another winner moment in any other cycle, even if it doesn't really make any sense and Tyra is just making things up

Aaaaaaaaand I'm ignoring the rest of your post.

But yeah.. I feel a teeny tiny bit bad for Saleisha because I truly think that her makeover contributed a very significant amount to how she was able to come across on the show, the fan reception, and also affected the quality of her photos. She is waaaaaaay more beautiful and interesting-looking as a model than the hair allowed. But at the end of the day, Saleisha is one of the least compelling personalities and the fact that the editors didn't help her out makes me think that there was no substance there to salvage anything

Sorry but...did I lie?

I'm convinced Jay is reading off a script 90% of the time

Lol yeah say what you want about Saleisha (I've certainly said a lot) but she knew how to play the game.

Lmao we were so robbed of Bianca there :broken:

So disgusting.

Such great lines from Jenah here. She was hanging them her winner's edit and they just were not taking it.

Lmao fair, you can ignore the rest of the finale :dead:

Saleisha's a pretty girl, but she was never gonna be a high fashion model with any makeover whatsoever. It especially hurts her that the photoshoots were a step up from the past few cycles. And that she's not a rootable character at all, along with her shitty portfolio.

Cycle 10 - Episode 1 - Welcome to Top Model Prep

(RIP to The Girl Who episode titles :broken:)

Hlo3zSk.png

Marvita is back after missing out last cycle!

hZt6oYW.png

Anya is so naturally stunning!

hbvG3EQ.png

"I am ready to annihilate the competition, I'm a silent predator, they won't know what hit them"

J4rt1zi.png

Me on a modeling show

QChuE21.png

Lauren's runway is truly up there as the worst of all-time.

itTItaD.png

Furonda and four fans ❤️ (lol jk stan Jael and Twins...not you Joanie)

0c74364.png

Tyra and making an extra ass entrance...name a more predictable combo?

5WUzw5I.png

I wanna see a cycle where the girls literally don't react at all to Tyra's entrance.

Jx3MXAs.png

I'm kind of obsessed with how Allison sits at the confessional

jM8YmEc.png

No, there was no context for this on the episode either

pmEW224.png

Whitney wants to be the first plus-sized girl to win

giBO5XP.png

Dominique opens up about surviving an abusive relationship

4gnqQMn.png

"You cannot put a price on all this!"

"What's all of this?"

"Pret-ty!"

EUddu1F.png

Fatima causes waves already

A4f5cYZ.png

The other Black girls don't give a shit though ❤️

Appa34s.png

Tyra's face listening to Katarzyna talking about being an ivy league student :dead:. Tyra loooooves destroying smart girls!

XObiQFg.png

Lmao Fatima is so in the wrong for #GhettoGate but this was iconic methinks

kyOMMW3.png

"BITCH IS NOT MY F*CKING GOVERNMENT GAME!"

RBpJIOG.png

"Screaming does not get your point across" Welcome to reality television Lauren...? Also I don't remember much about C10, but I remember Lauren standing on a table screaming lol

iRS49Qn.png

Stacy-Ann wants to know what it's like to give a lapdance lol

EHJIiQj.png

"DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO" :bobo:

BDJVjQQ.png

Kimberly works at a bank.

"Do you ever take money?"

"...Yeah a lot of money 😄"

UEyPfZ9.png

Fatima opens up about being genitally mutilated as a kid :(

W8why2D.png

Fatima makes up with the girls after opening up about her circumcision

aH4VXYD.png

"SO DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE LESS OF A WOMAN?" This casting episode is meeeeeeeeessy

nhtLfj7.png

We love a Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny impression!

oazA5mi.png

"If they don't want me they don't want me...I'm done" Fair perspective after getting cut lol.

ZR858Mc.png

Allison does this when they're told to do their own makeup :dead:

06ZpNKb.png

Tyra calling both Amy's up at the same time was kinda c00t ngl

9mF9pTn.png

We have our 13 and all these girls are cut....but wait......

aWHfkL3.png

Tyra's a bitch and gives six of these girls false hope for a second lol (but Dominique makes it!)

VPrYdKE.png

And here's our cast y'all!

Edited by Alex95

Cast Ranking:

Et2xRKv.png

I think it was a solid casting episode! Not one of the most memorable, but also not some sort of slog to get through. It was kinda toxic which sets a bit of a problematic tone for the season, but I also feel like I'm entering my problematic era of reality tv watching where I'm missing the trashy drama current rtv shows don't bring anymore lol

1. Stacy-Ann - Her audition is one of my all-time faves and her "doo doo doo's" live in my head rent free :dead:

2. Allison - I don't remember what this bitch does later in the cycle, but I'm pretty sure she does something bad. Don't ~spoil~ me because I'll get there soon! I'm just ranking episode by episode and right now she's Queen of Sitting for me.

3. Amis - What a freak, I love her.

4. Kimberly - The dumb blonde archetype does not get old for me ❤️.

5. Anya - Adorbz ❤️. Will I get bored of her? Maybe, we'll just have to wait and see!

6. Fatima - Definitely the most complex edit of the episode, which is fair for a character like her. Fatima calling all the other Black girls ghetto? Bad. Fatima's heartbreaking story of her circumcision? Good (well not good that it happened for her, but it's nice to see that vulnerable side from her). So she gets ranked somewhere in the middle.

7. Marvita - I'm glad to see Marvita back. She's got a big personality in this casting episode, not sure where it goes on the show lol.

8. Whitney - Meh she'll go downhill, but for now I admire her confidence and her determination to become the first plus-sized winner.

9. Dominique - Pret-ty!

10. Katarzyna - Educated ANTM girls ❤️

11. Atalya - Who?

12. Aimee - Who?

13. Claire - Claire already talking about her baby ugh. Does not give me hope for the rest of the cycle.

14. Lauren - Hey y'all, Lauren's not like other girls!!!!111!!!!1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 10 - Episode 1)
7 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Most important thing I’ve learned about season 10: Anya is a lesbian (who is married!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Yeah I saw that recently, her and her wife look so happy, I'm happy for her!

7 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Oh wow forgot about this. Really foreshadowing her 2016 MAGA turn

What?! Wow I'm kinda surprised...but also not surprised.

Cycle 10 - Episode 2 - New York City, Here We Come

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-4-50-30-PM.png

The girls have made it to NYC!

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-4-50-44-PM.png

The other Amy has named herself Amis since we can't have two (I appreciate Tyra forcing girls to change their names instead of using last initials!!!)

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-4-54-42-PM.png

How do I get this in my house?

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-4-55-54-PM.png

Fatima is hoping to use this competition as a platform to raise awareness for genital mutilation.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-4-56-53-PM.png

Some of the girls go outside to smoke, and the others get mad because there are no smoking signs in the house (I'm very anti-cigarettes, but like they're outside...what do you want them to do?)

DSGe1sC.png

"I don't think you're a clown, other people may think that 🙂" Fatima with helpful advice to Amis

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5-02-08-PM.png

The girls do a fashion show in the middle of Times Square

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5-03-10-PM.png

"I don't really believe in paying so much money for an outfit :rolleyes:" I know she's self-destructing on purpose...but tea

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5-04-02-PM.png

Lol Miss J watching Lauren's runway walk (and that woman behind Mr. Jay's shoulder...me)

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5-04-59-PM.png

Fatima accidentally smacking Marvita in the face right after the fashion show :dead:

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5-05-45-PM.png

This isn't the Tyra Mail I know and love!!!!

aHfC2OZ.png

It's the first boot of DWTS 4!mTCwCYq.png

Paulina calls Dominique transvestite Robin Wright...HELP (I forgot the amount of transphobic Dom jokes that we're about to get...literally a cycle before Isis)

gZsUJ6E.png

Fatima decides to explain to Marvita how she has a scrunched up face.

eys3VQq.png

"This hoe is tripping!"

S1Ardyl.png

In which ANTM exploits the homeless

HaZU9kZ.png

Queen Isis' ANTM debut!

Rk90hLr.png

Marvita confronts Fatima over how she's been treating her.

f8j7i93.png

Fatima talks about why she has a guard up and the girls patch up their problems.

YcoKmRQ.png

The show introduces us to Atalya for no reason at all!

wDpdRss.png

Kimberly opens up about how she doesn't want to support an industry that sells clothes for a ridiculously high price.

eba4GhR.png

Victoria has scared Twiggy away and now Paulina is on the judging panel!

lkcw2V5.png

Tyra was homeless for a day for the Tyra Bank Show y'all!!!

NuTSwuv.png

"🥱 Boring" She was definitely supposed to be the Simon Cowell of ANTM or something

1GAdikd.png

Kimberly tells the judges that the whole fashion thing doesn't interest her at all :haha:

qV9ZsdV.png

And with that, Kim quits

67Kt1yY.png

And then there were 13...

0vgt0WV.png

Miss J watching Claire tell Tyra her dress is sick when she gets her picture :dead:

fIbRCvf.png

Whoever this Atalya person is is the first one out

PDml3rL.png

And then there were 12...