The finale performances are announced!

blackfield

the finale performances are announced:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/idol-worship/9575646/american-idol-2021-finale-song-list/

Grace:

• I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston

• (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin

• All By Myself - Celine Dione

Chayce:

• Fire Away - Chris Stapleton

• Afterglow - Ed Sheeran

• Blackbird - The Beatles

Willie:

• A Change Is Going to Come - Sam Cooke

• Stand Up - Cynthia Erivo

• Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles

Guest Performances:

• Fall Out Boy – “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)" with Spence, Deshawn Goncalves, Beckham, Arthur Gunn and Hunter Metts

• Chaka Khan – Medley of “I’m Every Woman," “Ain’t Nobody," “Sweet Thing” and “Through the Fire” with Goncalves, Casey Bishop, Alyssa Wray, Cassandra Coleman and Kinstler

• Macklemore – “Can't Hold Us” with the top three

• Luke Combs – “Forever After All” with Beckham

• Mickey Guyton – “Black Like Me" with Wray

• Leona Lewis – “You Are the Reason” with Spence

• Alessia Cara – “Scars to Your Beautiful” with Kinstler

• Sheryl Crow – “Every Day Is a Winding Road" and "If It Makes You Happy" with arthur Gunn

• Lindsey Buckingham – “Go Your Own Way” with cassie Coleman

• luke bryan - with casey bishop

• katy perry - with hunter metts

Edited by blackfield
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ClebastianFan said:

Grace trying to singlehandedly break the record for most overdone songs in one night :dead:

It'll be the 11th rendition of IHN, 6th rendition of ANW and 7th rendition of ABM. :dead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Sad Grace chose those songs of all possible choices, but maybe she realized Idol treats their winners bad and is trying not to win

Why is it a bad thing? If anything, I think it increases her chances of winning or getting 2nd since the General Public loves hearing overdone songs like the ones she selected. She also will probably slay them.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, m1key said:

Why is it a bad thing? If anything, I think it increases her chances of winning or getting 2nd since the General Public loves hearing overdone songs like the ones she selected. She also will probably slay them.

She will likely slay 1 or maybe 2  of them, but nobody does well on "I Have Nothing." Also, these songs are so overdone, and rarely produce good results for the singer singing them.

looking forward for cassandra and arthur duets. also....

MURPHY's back!!! hope he does one of his originals! 

my face went :whut: about the judges choice to chayce.. realy? the beatles!?  are they trying to make chayce like dillon james point 2? 

just imagine if season 18 got half of what this season get.. 

casey and hunter are the only who doesn't get a duet.. :haha:

5 hours ago, blackfield said:

The show is just encouraging people to continue being mad about his elimination. If we get a performance from him, but not one from Casey, a Top 4 finalist, I am going to be a little upset. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

The show is just encouraging people to continue being mad about his elimination. If we get a performance from him, but not one from Casey, a Top 4 finalist, I am going to be a little upset. 🙄

he should have made the top 24. at least they acknowledge the fact they made a mistake and ask him back. 

maybe casey will do a duet with katy perry.. you may never know. 

Just now, blackfield said:

he should have made the top 24. at least they acknowledge the fact they made a mistake and ask him back. 

maybe casey will do a duet with katy perry.. you may never know. 

Then let’s bring Nia Renee back who was actually robbed of the Top 24. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, blackfield said:

looking forward for cassandra and arthur duets. also....

my face went :whut: about the judges choice to chayce.. realy? the beatles!?  are they trying to make chayce like dillon james point 2? 

just imagine if season 18 got half of what this season get.. 

casey and hunter are the only who doesn't get a duet.. :haha:

Murphy is awesome but Casey especially should get a duet. Hunter? Sure him too, but Casey finished in the Top 4. It's tradition! :/ 

Like... They couldn't find any rock artist who could sing with Casey? I smell high levels of BS... 

Lindsey! <3 I'm so looking forward to this. 

On the finale song choices, I can't help but be a little critical of Grace's. These have been been covered to death on Idol and though I love the songs individually, some of them are too big for her, but moreover being just lazy choices.