AI 19 ● Live Grand Finale ● Discussion

istersay

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUS ALERT! I was chewing Grace out in my review for this song choice, saying it would do fine with casual voters but any hardcore Idol fan would not appreciate it because you're not outsinging Pia on that song and with how robbed she was, it would be an affront to the show to win with it. And then Ryan mentioned "Judges Choice".

...Except I'm getting my songs confused. Pia did sing "All By Myself", and sang it well, but it wasn't her showstopper; "I'll Stand By You" was. It was one of LaToya's, and it was the exact same song they used to bus Jasmine after she outlasted LaToya. Which is kind of appropriate since Grace is being bussed for exactly the same reason.

Just now, ScarletDevilCCX said:

BUS ALERT! I was chewing Grace out in my review for this song choice, saying it would do fine with casual voters but any hardcore Idol fan would not appreciate it because you're not outsinging Pia on that song and with how robbed she was, it would be an affront to the show to win with it. And then Ryan mentioned "Judges Choice".

...Except I'm getting my songs confused. Pia did sing "All By Myself", and sang it well, but it wasn't her showstopper; "I'll Stand By You" was. It was one of LaToya's, and it was the exact same song they used to bus Jasmine after she outlasted LaToya. Which is kind of appropriate since Grace is being bussed for exactly the same reason.

I don't think the majority of casual idol voters are thinking back to performances from 10 years ago..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Most Idol fans these days won’t even know who Pia is. Regardless, it’s clear the producers are pushing Chayce. They’ve been doing so for weeks now.

• Like 1

Just now, Shasta357 said:

I don't think the majority of casual idol voters are thinking back to performances from 10 years ago..

Right? :dead:

Not to mention Pia placed 9th. The casual fans never got behind her.