GIGI: 9

JC: 9

LILY: 9

VICTORIA: 9

WALLACE: 9

ZOEY: 9

STEVEN: 10

DEREK

Probably not going to rank very well considering half the characters are leads but Christina Pickles is a treasure and I'm very glad she made the Top 10.

JC

She was funny but nothing extraordinary.

STEVEN

I don't mind Judy, but someone had to be last on my ranking. I do think a lot of her funny moments is just being mean to Monica, which was a bit overdone. The best Judy episode is The One Where Ross Got High. Her reaction to all those reveals was funny, as well as her going from hating Chandler to calling him a wonderful human being. :haha: 

9. JILL GREEN

144158.gif

crying-fake.gif

ZOEY: 4

GIGI: 6

VICTORIA: 6

WALLACE: 7

DEREK: 8

JC: 8

STEVEN: 9

DIANA: 10

LILY: 10

MEGAN: 10

REI: 10

SOLA: 10

WALLACE

#shook that Jill made the finals. I enjoyed her and thought she was fun and adorable. I wished she was on the show more.

DEREK

Not my vote to be here but let's be honest. This exchange with Rachel was one of the best ever on the show:

J: "So.. what do you think [about my outfit]?" 

R: "I-- I don't like it."

J: "Really?"

R: "It's kinda sl*tty"

J: "It's yours."

R: "Yeah well, I'm.. I'm a sl*t."

J: "ha, me too"

JC

Even more spoiled than Rachel, queen!

STEVEN

Reese Witherspoon's guest appearance was very funny. Jill may not have been the most likable character, but Reese's performance made her memorable. It would've been interesting to see her show up again in a later season.

8. MIKE HANNIGAN

tumblr_nzs2ep2TMV1u7hbcvo1_540.gif

mike-hannigan-air-piano.gif

JC: 4

SOLA: 6

GIGI: 7

LILY: 7

ZOEY: 7

DIANA: 8

MEGAN: 8

STEVEN: 8

WALLACE: 8

DEREK: 9

REI: 9

VICTORIA: 10

JC

LOVE HIM, UNDERRATED KING ❤️ I definitely had a crush on him, he is just so cute and married to the GODDESS and indisputable STAR of the show!

STEVEN

I liked Mike. He was a good fit for Phoebe and accepting of her quirky personality. I thought Phoebe was going to end up with David, but the writers ended up liking Paul Rudd enough to have him be the guy she ended up with.

DEREK

tbh I think Mike is kind of dull in comparison to other characters and for the final love interest of a lead character he didn't pop as much as I wanted him to

7. AMY GREEN

Christina-Applegate-Amy-Green.gif

amy-green-rachel-green.gif

ZOEY: 3

JC: 5 

LILY: 6

DEREK: 7

REI: 7

STEVEN: 7

VICTORIA: 7

DIANA: 9

MEGAN: 9

SOLA: 9

GIGI: 10

WALLACE: 10

JC

lolol Christina Applegate is a national treasure. Obsessed with everything she does, and that includes Amy who is absolutely ridiculous and could not be more well played. I cackle every single time I see her do anything. QUEEN!

DEREK

The fact that they never got all three sisters together for one tiny episode is such a huge tragedy. Actually, get their parents too. The whole family is a riot.

STEVEN

I'm glad Amy made it to the Top 10 here. She was hilarious, and she stole the show in her two episodes. Christina Applegate even won an Emmy award for her guest appearance on the show. I would have liked more Amy appearances on the show, but at least she got to show up again after her initial appearance.

6. JANICE LITMAN-GORALNIK

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DEREK: 2

SOLA: 4

ZOEY: 5

DIANA: 6

MEGAN: 6

REI: 6

STEVEN: 6

WALLACE: 6

GIGI: 8

LILY: 8

VICTORIA: 8

JC: 10

DEREK

icon. Such nuclear explosion of a character that she turned one guest appearance into cameos in literally every season of the show.

STEVEN

Janice is definitely one of the best Friends characters, so this Top 10 wouldn't have been right without her. Janice made such an impact on the show early on that she makes an appearance in every season of Friends (except for Season 6 but her voice is featured at least). Her over-the-top personality makes for a lot of funny moments, as well as her relationship with Chandler. I actually did like Chandler and Janice together, especially in Season 3. Janice was meant to be this annoying character, but Maggie Wheeler's portrayal made her a humorous and likable character.

WALLACE

Janice has always been my favorite Friends cast member outside of the core 6 Friends. I can't put her above any of them so #6 will have to do. I found Janice so flipping hilarious - that annoying voice and laugh that drove everyone and especially Chandler crazy? ICONIC.

JC

overrated imo, but a decent character.

5. JOEY TRIBBIANI

joey-friends.gif

1453374111-friends-joey-wearing-chandlers-clothes.gif?crop=1xw:0.8888888888888888xh;center,top&resize=480:*

WALLACE: 2

REI: 3

SOLA: 3

GIGI: 4

STEVEN: 4

VICTORIA: 4

DIANA: 5

MEGAN: 5

LILY: 5

JC: 6

ZOEY: 8

DEREK: 10

WALLACE

I would honestly rank Joey 3rd but pushed him up to 2nd just in case he may need help in rankings. I always found Joey to be hilarious and most of the time, the funniest male on the show.

STEVEN

I really like Joey. He's a lovable character with his affable and simple-minded personality with a love of food and women. His "How you doin'?" pick-up line is one of the most iconic quotes from Friends. However, the writers went a bit too far in the dumb jokes. The episode where he tries to learn French was frustrating since Joey couldn't have been that stupid. Nonetheless, Joey is a fun character. He was always a good friend to the others, and I especially liked his friendships with Chandler and Phoebe. The Joey & Rachel romance storyline was so unnecessary though, but thankfully it didn't last long or complicate the dynamics afterwards. Anyway, Joey is a great part of what makes Friends so enjoyable. Even though he's not in my Top 3 of the six Friends, I still find him hilarious.

JC

love hoey joey! He reminds me of myself, loves to have sex and ho around with hot people, loves to eat anything and everything, loves acting like a dumdum, ok perhaps I am not quite as dumb, but he is so lovable and charming it's totes okay.

DEREK

I said more about him in my write-up for the 90s rankdown. Anyway I think he was flanderized more than any other character and I think he aged worse than most.

4. CHANDLER BING

b9de538b2edd38ff353e98ccb377d782002e23db.gifv

giphy.gif

JC: 2

LILY: 2

DEREK: 3

DIANA: 3

STEVEN: 3

MEGAN: 4

WALLACE: 4

GIGI: 5

REI: 5

VICTORIA: 5

SOLA: 7

ZOEY: 10

JC

BING! Obsessed with him, would be him for Halloween. Absolutely the most rootable character on the show, you just want him to do well because life never goes his way. He is definitely easy to rag on, but always charming and lovable. Him and Monica are couple goals and I love them both to death!

DEREK

I shaped my entire personality around Chandler and Xander from Buffy

STEVEN

Chandler is hilarious and definitely one of my favorite Friends characters. His sarcastic personality brought a lot of laughs throughout the series. However, I do think Chandler was more naturally funny in the earlier seasons. I don't know why, but the writers kind of made Chandler too desperate to be the funny guy in the last few seasons. Nonetheless, Chandler remained one of the best Friends characters throughout the series. His friendship with his roommate Joey was a lot of fun, and his relationship with Monica was very sweet too. I'm glad they stayed together instead of having another on-and-off again dynamic like Ross and Rachel. I always thought Chandler was the most popular Friends character, so I was surprised he didn't crack the Top 3. Anyway, Chandler is awesome and one of my favorite TV characters ever.

WALLACE

I found Chandler hilarious. I love how OTT dramatic he can be, especially with how he emphasizes "be" in what he says. :haha:

3. MONICA GELLER

RedUnfortunateAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

67da3aeca623902fa9cc7887d25fd1d5.gif

DIANA: 1

MEGAN: 1

VICTORIA: 2

ZOEY: 2

GIGI: 3

JC: 3

DEREK: 4

LILY: 4

REI: 4

SOLA: 5

STEVEN: 5

WALLACE: 5

MEGAN

ICON. Queen. I see a lot of myself in Monica. Namely my intense competitiveness.

JC

She is hilarz, such a neurotic princess but she reminds me of my husband and that gives her extra points forevah! I do not know how she is related to Ross but thank the lord she is so much funnier and more likable than him. Definitely one of the stars of the show, and it would not be the same without her ❤️ especially cleaning :wub:

DEREK

I love Courteney and I think Monica is a harder character to play than any of the others except maybe Ross. Genius actress doesn't get enough credit

STEVEN

I really like Monica too. She a bit neurotic and can be too bossy a lot of the times, but Courtney Cox's portrayal was fantastic. She really makes her a funny character, and it's a shame she was the only main cast member to not receive an Emmy nomination. Monica is a lot of ways the mother hen of the group. She's the most mature of the six Friends and voice of reason. That doesn't make her any less funny though. She's very competitive and a neat-freak, and the dynamic she has with the other five brought a lot of humor. Monica and Chandler's relationship was very easy to root for when they got together too. They ended up being a perfect match, and I think they're the more likable couple of the show compared to Ross and Rachel. Even though I ranked Monica fifth, I'm glad to see her make it to the Top 3 here.

WALLACE

I do love Monica but she was always one of my lesser faves of the core 6 of the Friends cast, so ranking her 5th was easy for me. She is great, and funny but I was attached to the other 4 more.

Oooh I'm fine with these rakings.

I'm kinda glad I pushed Joey up a bit in my rankings even though if I placed him 3rd like I would have, it would have done no difference for him. :dead: 

Also not surprised all the main female Friends ended up beating the male Friends here. :haha: This is IDF, after all. :haha: 

But yayyy my actual Top 2 being the Top 2 here. ❤️ The winner will be VERY OBVIOUSLY Phoebe, but totally deserved. Just super happy that Rachel made the Top 2. ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Aw, I was hoping that the supporting characters wouldn’t get shut out of the top 5, but understandable of course

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I thought it was a forgone conclusion unless Ross was included. :dead:

Yeah, if we had Ross in the mix, we would have had Janice and probably a few other minor characters outranking him.

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh I'm fine with these rakings.

I'm kinda glad I pushed Joey up a bit in my rankings even though if I placed him 3rd like I would have, it would have done no difference for him. :dead: 

Also not surprised all the main female Friends ended up beating the male Friends here. :haha: This is IDF, after all. :haha: 

But yayyy my actual Top 2 being the Top 2 here. ❤️ The winner will be VERY OBVIOUSLY Phoebe, but totally deserved. Just super happy that Rachel made the Top 2. ❤️ 

I think the only unknown in the top 5 was who would be higher Chandler or Joey but other than I think the rest of the rankings were obvious and they have played out that way so far.