Favorite/Least Favorite Bloodbath Pimp Spot Performance (S13-S19)

Misirlou

Favorite/Least Favorite Bloodbath Pimp Spot Performance (S13-S19) (S18 out because it wasn´t live)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite:

• Brooke Simpson- Faithfully by Journey
    • Britton Buchanan - The Rising by Bruce Springsteen
    • Kirk Jay - I Swear by John Michael Montgomery
    • Shawn Sounds - A Song For You by Donny Hathaway
    • Jake Hoot - Desperado
    • Carter Rubin - Rainbow Connection by Jim Henson (AKA Kermit the Frog)
  2. 2. Least Favorite:

• Brooke Simpson- Faithfully by Journey
    • Britton Buchanan - The Rising by Bruce Springsteen
    • Kirk Jay - I Swear by John Michael Montgomery
    • Shawn Sounds - A Song For You by Donny Hathaway
    • Jake Hoot - Desperado
    • Carter Rubin - Rainbow Connection by Jim Henson (AKA Kermit the Frog)

Rewatched Kirk and while I agree with him being the least favorite out of these,  he wasn´t that bad. There were some beautiful moments. The studio is gorgeous too. 

Didn´t care for Brooke throughout the season but this was definitely her best. She fell in the finale though. Britton was good but underwhelming for me. I expected a moment with that song but it never came.

Honestly, I think in this one, as for favorite, I´ll take Shawn, he did it for me, with Jake as second.

Edited by Misirlou

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Didn´t care for Brooke throughout the season but this was definitely her best. She fell in the finale though.

Really? I thought she was the best that night by miles (and I like Addison and Chloe more than her).

She really showed up in the last two weeks imo. Too late tho.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Really? I thought she was the best that night by miles (and I like Addison and Chloe more than her).

"O Holy Night" was decent but didn´t do anything for me. I didn´t like her original and she got obliterated on her duet with Miley. (To be fair, that was a blatant "making it about me" move from her coach, just like the Gwen/Rose duet).

4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

She really showed up in the last two weeks imo. Too late tho.

I think she really showed up on Top 10 (Amazing Grace) and Top 8 (Faithfully). They pimped the hell out of her in those two weeks, but she brought it. 

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i never got that feeling from gwen and rose

Maybe it´s just me, but I felt that she didn´t let her shine as she could have with that song (especially considering it´s hers). To be fair though, it was destined to be a weird combination in the first place given that they are such different artists.

• Like 3

Best: None of these are like my favorite performances ever, but Brooke gets it by default because of that section of high notes towards the end. That was breathtaking.

Worst: Without even relistening, definitely Kirk Jay.

11 hours ago, Daillon said:

I was always meh on Brooke, but those 30 seconds were probably the highlight of the season for me. The slayage.

I'm so exhausted after her performance ngl, it takes a lot of breathe control for that thing LOL. TASTE TASTE TASTE