The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Peggy & Claire

Season 2

SS_SS200210203070101AR.jpg

I suppose having a team of older women that obviously have no chance is fun to have every now and then, but like all old people teams I'm not one for stanning them just because they can walk out of the first airport without breaking a hip or whatever. Peggy & Claire had the self-moniker "Gutsy Grannies" and while that applies to Claire I guess (who is downright adorable, might I add) it sucks that she was paired with Peggy who was just all 😐 about everything. They were on one of the first few seasons, where all the Detours were "do something boring vs. jump to your potential doom," and the other teams basically had to peer pressure Peggy into doing that hang gliding Detour, which is hilarious. In any case, they also got pissed at Blake & Paige once, bcuz everyone got pissed at Blake & Paige that season, it was the "cool" thing to do. They got eliminated by a f*cking Brazil--NYC--London--South Africa connecting flight fiasco that put them a full day behind the other teams. Pretty funny, it's a shame the show doesn't have travel fiascos like that nowadays.

Save Mama Paolo ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Garrett & Jessica

garrett-jessica-320.jpg&q=85

Had they lasted more than two legs, Garrett & Jessica would’ve been the token bickering couple of the season. However, I have no idea if they would’ve been the fun bickering couple or uncomfortable. Garrett & Jessica dated on and off and said they spent more time off than on oop. Idk how many times I have to say it, but do not go on the race with your significant other unless you’re madly in love :dead:. Nothing they did impressed me and they got eliminated in the second leg when Jessica flopped at the roadblock (thus sparing Brian & Ericka THANK GOD). Garrett got way intense at times and it made me a bit uncomfortable. I’m really surprised that they’re still together to this day, though I’m sure they’ve grown up, so hopefully they have a good life together!

Save Paul & Amie, another trainwreck couple I’m shocked is still together

Edited by Alex95

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Save Paul & Amie, another trainwreck couple I’m shocked is still together

Omg they are? :wub:

I wouldn't say they were a trainwreck couple (that was Lenny & Karyn), just woefully unprepared for wtf they got themselves into. It was the first season, after all. :haha: 

Paul & Amie choosing the trap massage Detour :wub: 

BRAD & VICTORIA

ar14_cast_brad_victoria.jpg

Brad & Victoria were a married team on The Amazing Race 14. Despite being the older couple of the season, they were physically fit enough to keep up with their younger competitors. They finished in the middle-of-the-pack in the first two legs, but they took an unnecessary gamble in Leg 3. After missing out on booking an earlier flight, they decided to try to catch a connecting flight through Amsterdam to reach Romania. It would've only been for a potentially 25 minute lead on the other teams, but it would've been in the middle of the night when tasks are usually closed until morning. It just didn't seem like a worthwhile risk. Well, the gamble backfired as they ended up getting stranded overnight in Amsterdam. It wasn't possible for them to catch up as they were 18 hours behind, so they were eliminated in ninth place when they finally reached Romania. And out they now go from the rankdown.

Saving Andie & Jenna.

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (DIANA’S NOMINATIONS ON PAGE 22)

Marcy and Ron

marcymaloy_ronaldshalita_1210w.jpg

Sorry Marcy and Ron, I usually do not like to cut the older couples, because I always have a soft spot for them and root for them to do well, but I do not want to cut another male male team because I feel like we have had enough of that and I do not dislike any of the male male teams left of the nominations. Anyways, it was between you and the other older couple, and I decided to just base it on stats. Dave and Margaretta lasted more legs and finished with a higher placing, so unfortunately, that meant you had to be eliminated. Nothing personal, but out you go from the rankdown, but not before lasting quite a few rounds, so congrats on that!

Save Trevor and Chris

I've reached the halfway point of TAR31 and I've really been enjoying it so far. The locations are great--Vietnam always delivers on TAR, and I always love the ultra high-tech Dubai legs as well. The bungee jump Detour turning out to be a virtual reality simulation was GENIUS.

Art & JJ - Well I never wanted them back to begin with, but since they did I'm glad it was ultimately just to humiliate themselves. ❤️ It got to the point where I ALMOST felt bad for them, but that's only because they were in last to begin with and thus didn't have the opportunity to bully the other teams.

Rupert & Laura - I've lurked on Sucks in the past, and I remember one of the comments I read said "it'll be interesting to watch Rupert & Laura rub their one brain cell together on TAR" and that basically turned out to be the case. :haha: They're a memorable early boot, I'll give them that. Definitely more presence than a lot of other 10th placers.

Corinne & Eliza - They were funny in how bitchy they were, and I would've liked to have seem them last longer for that reason. I can't support the Reilly jealousy, however. What is with insecure women and their problems with Rachel?

Janelle & Britney - I mean, they're the typical all-female team that gets under-edited and finishes between 9th and 7th on this show. I guess people who liked them on Big Brother could enjoy them but for me? They were irrelevant. They do get points for actually being friends with Rachel, though!

As for the other teams, still stanning hot zen daddy Colin (oh and Christie too I guess), along with the Reilly sisters (yay for being the best "new partner" team on TAR!) and to a minor extent Tyler & Korey, since Tyler's been inoffensive and I already liked Korey to begin with. Leo & Jamal are much better than their TAR23 selves, and I loved at the beginning of the season Jamal was like "I got married and had a kid!" while Leo was like "I got a cat..." :haha: As someone who also got a kitty within the past year, I related hardcore. ❤️ 

Joey & Tim

3615c0ae673a03a7_ar30_joey_tim_800x1000.

Joey and Tim are professional eaters who were on the Amazing Race season 30. I think Joey owns all the professional eating records but it's not an activity that I follow so I could be wrong. I don't know how someone can eat that much food in that short of a time period combined and they do this all the time without getting sick. It's kinda a mixture of impressive and just gross but to each their own I guess. They weren't the strongest team on the race because eating food doesn't really translate well on the race except if they do an eating challenge. They only lasted 5 legs and I don't think they got to participate in an eating challenge so that skill didn't help that at all so oh well. 

Saving Dave & Margaretta

tumblr_o2hml8RYmR1utpccwo3_250.gif

Now, this is exactly the kind of team we should be nominating at this point in the rankdown as they're incredibly unmemorable from a season.  And who is this team? They're social media entrepreneurs whom appeared on the 28th season of The Amazing Race which was a season that was filled with people known due to their social media presence.  On the show, they didn't have much impact as they quickly fell behind the pack during their second leg as they missed all the earliest flights for their first elimination - they should be grateful to Marty & Hagan as they escaped the elimination due to them.  The following leg, they were unable to catch up when they made many errors including misinterpreting some clues during the Roadblock #ReadingIsFundamental. Overall, they lasted three legs with an average placement of 8th place finish. 

SAVING: GAGHAN FAMILY

@*Chris is up next with his second set of nominations. He cannot nominate:

Uchenna & Joyce

TK & Rachel

Andrew & Dan

Brent & Caite

Caroline & Jennifer

Bergen & Kurt

Tanner & Josh

Chip & Kim

Flo & Zach

Paolo Family

Paul & Amie

Andie & Jenna

Trevor & Chris

Dave & Margaretta

Gaghan Family

Cyndi & Russell

image.webp

“Our relationship is based on the "Love of God," on giving each love and support as we face life's challenges together.” Cool I guess but I am going to cut you now. LOL. Cyndi Kalenberg and Russell Kalenberg are a team of Pastors/Married Parents on The Amazing Race 2. Look teams of pastors are always on this show and these two just aren't IT for me. They weren't entertaining to me and felt like they felt they were above everyone else at some points. I guess that is how I remember them. They finished in 7th after getting overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and falling behind all the other teams. Look I just think when you think of cycle 2, you don't think of these two so I think it is a fair cut at this point in the rankdown.

Saving: Eric & Danielle

Seth & Olive

Seth-Tyler-and-Olive-Beauregard-The-Amaz

I knew TAR 29 was gonna be a special season when the boringly competent team only lasted three episodes. Seth & Olive were pretty much a lock for final three, as all teams of their archetype are. After winning the first task, Seth chose Olive as his partner. He was a gay cop. She was a straight firefighter. The two of them won the first leg and they seemed like they would be good at everything. However, then Tara & Joey U-Turned Seth & Olive on the third leg and after struggling with the detour, they weren't able to make up enough time to survive. I was beyond #shook. Seth's very hot and I like that he plays for the right team. They might've had meltdown potential down the line, but I don't see it. They had so much potential to be strong racers so I guess I feel bad for them for that, but they just aren't the kind of team I stan so I'm glad we lost them when we did.

Save Lance & Keri

amSSlPj.gif

Elliott & Andrew

120305amazing-race1.jpg

I know Elliott spells his name differently and I know that these guys are twins and not a married couple but I still think it's funny that there is a team named Elliott and Andrew and I still like cutting them for their names alone lol. Elliott and Andrew are twin professional soccer players that were on the Amazing Race season 20. They only lasted 3 legs so it's also a legitimate cut because they aren't relevant racers really. For former professional athletes they were quite terrible at the race.  Now of course not everything on the race is physical but still they should have put up a much better effort then they actually did. But anyways don't really have anything else to say about these guys so out they go from the rankdown now.

Saving Amanda & Chris