The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

DeAngelo & Gary

download.jpg

DeAngelo Chondon Williams and Gary Michael Barnidge are a team of Former NFL Stars on The Amazing Race 32. Me cutting football players apparently isn't just a dancing with with stars thing anymore! I am not surprising anyone with my cuts and saves these days am I?

Another team who had a lot of issues with ups and downs throughout their time on the race.. They were part of an alliance called the mine five. However, they would take advantage of help from their allies instead of ever helping them of which put them on the bottom of the alliance when they began to turn on themselves. They made if to 4th place not bad for a team that almost got eliminated once or twice.

Saving: Freddy & Kendra

Edited by *Diana

Nicole & Victor

the-amazing-race-spoilers-nicole-franzel

Tragic noms, pretends_to_be_shocked.jpg. I guess my proposal to nominate fodder fell on deaf ears. Not the cut I was hoping to make since I haven't revisited 31 yet, but I like all three of the remaining teams so I don't want to cut them. So we're only left with Nicole & Victor. Going into the season, Nicole & Victor was definitely the BB crossover team I was least excited for (but I mean the other options were Rachel & Elissa and Janelle & Britney so lulduh I'm gonna be least excited about them). Nicole's brand of victimhood has never resonated well with me. And I found Victor to be terribly overrated on BB18 and he only became a fan favorite because he was such an underdog. They kinda delivered exactly how you would expect them to deliver on The Amazing Race. Nicole was a whiny baby and Victor had to pretty much carry the entire team on his back. They're definitely most notable for their feud with Rachel & Elissa where Nicole pretty much sobbed at the pitstop once because Rachel slightly raised her voice towards her lol. It's just peak Nicole.

Ehjkt3sU4AEGkje.jpg

I actually could stomach Nicole's antics much better on TAR. 40 minutes once a week of Nicole's whining is slightly more fun than 24/7 live feeds of her whining for three months. They impressively made it to the final four and were the last non-TAR team eliminated, but they did get eliminated right before the final leg, which I was fine with. However, Nicole's presence on TAR had long term implications for the future of CBS reality shows, aka Big Brother 22. Nicole's feud with Rachel caused drama between Nicole and Janelle because Janelle took Rachel's side which of course led to the ridiculous feud on BB22 where Nicole had her sights set on Janelle's destruction for day one. So while I did have my moments of ironically stanning Nicole & Victor on TAR 31, I would've preferred to avoid them on the show altogether so Nicole wouldn't use her Rachellousy to destroy BB22.

Save Natalie & Nadiya

26 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I think Paramount + has the latest one. Maybe their website has that as well. But the other ones are impossible to find.

Thanks, guess I'm using the free trial lmao. I wanted to finish 31 first for Colin & Christie but oh well.

Also someone needs to cut Dave but save Rachel. "Silence is golden." "THEN WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE F*CK UP?!" ❤️ 

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

1 hour ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Is there any convenient way to watch the three most recent seasons? Hulu only has up to 29.

Yeah, S32 is on Paramount Plus but sadly 30 and 31 are on no streaming services. I just use...other methods lol (I'd recommend videobrother which has all the CBS shows)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Yeah, S32 is on Paramount Plus but sadly 30 and 31 are on no streaming services. I just use...other methods lol (I'd recommend videobrother which has all the CBS shows)

Lol yeah everyone and their dog having a streaming service is super irritating, and going to cause ~other methods~ to make a comeback.

I think the first leg of S32 was pretty outstanding. It was put together like an earlier season, complete with overnight rest stop, rather than the stupid "double roadblock" of the more modern seasons. I love human route markers (CHILD. ON. A. SWING.) and the goat race to the Pit Stop was a nice touch, too. ❤️

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

26 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

First leg of TAR 32 is great! Then it's all downhill from there :haha:

Damn, really? That's a shame.

As much as I don't like the Yield, I like its new implementation. I enjoyed the strategy behind finding an hourglass with a worse time and going with it to get an early sign-up spot. Or the idea behind it at least, since it seems like everyone just went with the first hourglass they found. Mainly though, I just find the idea of the teams carrying a tiny hourglass along with all their other important documentation incredibly hilarious. :haha: 

The rest of the leg was pretty bland. I know Columbia was on the no-fly list for the longest time, but certainly they could come up with better tasks than "dress up this garbage truck". Maybe if it was half of a Detour, but it wasn't. Definitely on the lower tier of Route Info tasks.

Did they do away with the Express Pass while I wasn't paying attention at some point?

I liked Kellie & LaVonne and was rooting for them. :( I like the generally chill teams that the universe hates. Seriously, they could NOT catch a break.

1 minute ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

As much as I don't like the Yield, I like its new implementation. I enjoyed the strategy behind finding an hourglass with a worse time and going with it to get an early sign-up spot. Or the idea behind it at least, since it seems like everyone just went with the first hourglass they found. Mainly though, I just find the idea of the teams carrying a tiny hourglass along with all their other important documentation incredibly hilarious. :haha: 

Did they do away with the Express Pass while I wasn't paying attention at some point?

I was really excited to see the yield come back and I actually like how they implemented it. I hope they reuse this twist with a better cast because I think it could be very interesting.

Yeah, 29 was the last season they've had the EP. I can see it coming back one day, but we haven't had it for a while now.

• Like 1

Will & James are such pricks. :haha: It's like Luke cloned himself and lost his brain in the process. "Oh we feel 'threatened' by the stick-figure nerds always in the back of the pack, but not the TWO teams of BUFF ALPHA MALES, them we're cool with." I'm assuming it was heterophobia vs. lust on their part.

I like the two alpha male teams, but I'm definitely getting Back Pack vibes with this alliance (although I guess it's a "Front Pack" this time). It'll be funny if it all comes crashing down in a glorious way, but father/son are yet another likable team getting the boot, so that in combination with the doom saying is making me less optimistic.

5 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Tragic noms, pretends_to_be_shocked.jpg. I guess my proposal to nominate fodder fell on deaf ears.

You eliminated Reichen and Chip. I gave Scott and Brooke a reprieve, that was my showing that I care about you ❤️ 

If anyone deserves the blame for my noms, it's QK and Diana, I was going to play nice for quite a few rounds until they collectively eliminated Jaymes and James. Then I decided it wasn't worth it if my faves were gonna get eliminated while I let the teams I dislike hang around.

2chris_and_alex.jpg

While the winners of Amazing Race's second season, Chris & Alex are not a team that I particularly remember being a fan of; I'll be honest that this season is truly a blur to me so I will try my best to give them a proper write-up.  On the race, they're best known for forming a close bond with Tara - as in Tara & Wil - where Alex would flirt with Tara which would lead to her helping them during some tasks; this was not something that Wil was a fan of but this is not about Tara & Wil. Throughout the race, Chris & Alex proved that they were a physical tasks but they lacked communication & social skills which was not an issue with Tara around to help them.  They often found to have luck on their side as they escaped elimination quite a few time, and they won 2 legs before winning the final leg.  In other words, they're not truly an exciting team that you found yourself rooting for & I don't think they're one of the best winners of TAR so I am fine with them being eliminated.

SAVING: RACHEL & DAVE

5 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Everyone else was upset about the James/Jaymes cut, not just you JC. :dead: 

But hopefully we can get rid of a good amount of fodder before your next round of big name 

I nominate people I don’t like, just because y’all like them doesn’t mean I shouldn’t nominate them. I thought that the differing opinions were what made these rankdowns interesting.

alex nominated reichen and chip before I did any big name nominations and no one made a peep, so the double standards are hypocritical

Anyways I’m used to it but I’m also happy to quit if y’all prefer so you can just have a easy way to get your faves to the end! I was excited about the TAR rankdown but I don’t need to make everyone else upset and get annoyed over a game 

@*Diana is up with her second set of nominations. She cannot nominate:

Uchenna & Joyce

TK & Rachel

Andrew & Dan

Brent & Caite

Caroline & Jennifer

Bergen & Kurt

Tanner & Josh

Chip & Kim

Flo & Zach

Kelly & Jon

Jessica & Cody

Freddy & Kendra

Natalie & Nadiya

Rachel & Dave

17 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Hey I may need some time to think about this got some pretty devastating news about my baby boy and I can't think right now.

Of course - let me know if you need an extension. So sorry to hear this and hoping everything is okay. :hug: 

Ok here u go I didn't put much thoughts in to this just teams I never enjoyed.

Paolo Family
Gaghan family
Paul & Amie
Dave & Margaretta
Peggy & Claire
Brad & Victoria
Marcy & Ron
Garrett & Jessica
Andie & Jenna
Darius & Cameron
Trevor & Chris
Joey & Tim