The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

• 4 weeks later...

OK, Finally gonna work on getting this revived (!) 

We're missing write-ups for Heather & Eve, Rowan & Shane, DeAngelo & Gary, and Shana & Jennifer. I really don't care who does them at this point. :dead: Once those write-ups are in, I will post the new cycle info.

@Alex95 @*Chris @*Diana @JC @Weedy_Speedy @QueenKalie @Steven_

• Like 3

Heather & Eve

Season 3

TAR3_Team_1_Heather_and_Eve.jpg

Everyone remembers these two, right? They're rather infamous for just how unintelligent they seemed to be, despite claiming to have gone to law school. I think they attempted the sh*tty detour in leg 1 and switched because they couldn't understand directions? And then they chose the driving detour later on and exemplified some unfortunate stereotypes. Their best blunder, of course, happened in their final leg, where they were the only team to decipher the clue "walk to the Pit Stop" to mean walk into the Pit Stop. Despite arriving first, they would end up eliminated, as every other team checked in during their penalty time, and that was WITH Aaron & Arianne deciding that tiny Arianne was better suited to be a soccer goalie. Too bad. So sad. Not really.

Rowan & Shane

Season 23

amazingrace23_rowanandshane1.jpg

They were fun, I think? I really only remember them for Rowan telling some random South American local "Don't help her, she is the devil!" about Marie, which was pretty hilarious. :haha: Maybe if/when I ever rewatch season 23 a few more of their moments will stand out for me, but as it stands I really only care for the women in the final 3 for that season. Here's some random facts about bingo since it's topical: It was originally used by Germans as a way to teach numbers and history! 😮 And apparently Americans spend $90 million on bingo cards per week.

DeAngelo & Gary

Season 32

gary-barnidge-deangelo-williams-0ed855fe

DeAngelo & Gary are a team from season 32. DeAngelo has eight letters in his name. Gary has four letters in his name. Each writeup must be a required one hundred words. Yes, I typed out one hundred to create two extra words instead of one. In fact, I just did it again! :wub: #VictoriaStrategy These two were in season 32 and part of the Mine Five alliance. Except their friends turned against them in the end, and decided to ostracize them and get them out of the race, because that season truly was high school. DeAngelo & Gary were rather peeved about being treated exactly the same way they themselves treated teams #6-11 that season. Look up the definition of douche in the dictionary: it would probably include a lot of fellas like them.

Shana & Jennifer

Season 12

the-amazing-race-12-20071206073308781-00

I won't half-ass this one since season 12 is one of the better casts and I liked this team to a small extent. Well maybe like is a strong word...more like I thought they had presence? They got a pretty good edit for being a 7th-place team that only lasted five legs. Their ~hook~ was that Shana "dated" Ryan Seacrest and she pulled a random blonde woman off the streets of LA so that the producers can try to make another Dustin & Kandice. Unfortunately, Shana & Jennifer weren't on the same wavelength as competitors like the Beauty Queens were. Shana was part of the "The U-Turn is a tool to be used in the game" club while Jennifer was like "omg Lorena & Jason will definitely screw us over now even though they're hopelessly behind with no hope of surviving elimination!" Yeah, pretty dumb. Anyway, they were out the next leg, but they provided a bit of tension during their short stay so I appreciate them for that. Jennifer almost backing their car into certain doom by barely missing getting hit by a huge truck. :rofl: 

WELCOME BACK!

I know it's been a long time since we last played a cycle of this Rankdown, but it's back and will be moving at a rather fast pace so it gets done before it can die again.

As a welcome back gift to you all, I will be giving everyone ONE ADDITIONAL FAST-FORWARD to push any team of their choosing into the Top 100. And because this is a gift from me and I make the rules, it can be any team even if they received one in the past.

Clue-FastForward.png

Please post your fast-forward decisions.

The team you choose will be safe both for the upcoming cycle, which will bring us down to 101 teams, and the round I have planned after that to get us from 101 to 100.

@Alex95 @*Chris @*Diana @JC @Weedy_Speedy @QueenKalie @Steven_

So, JC’s profile says he hasn’t posted since Thursday. I’m giving him until tomorrow night because I have some stuff to do for my online class this weekend, but after that, the choice will be randomized.

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

So, JC’s profile says he hasn’t posted since Thursday. I’m giving him until tomorrow night because I have some stuff to do for my online class this weekend, but after that, the choice will be randomized.

Can't we just "randomize" it to Jaymes & James since we all know that's who he's gonna choose? lol...

That's the assumption I'm working on at least, which is why I didn't just FF them myself.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy
  • Haha 1