Ryleigh Modig & Gean Garcia - pov 9.07

Dana Monique & Devan Blake Jones - Stuck with U 8.62

Ethan Lively & Avery Roberson - Just Got Started Lovin' You 8.02

Connor Christian & Aaron Konzelman - I Ain't Living Long Like This 7.23

José Figueroa Jr. & Awari - You Say 7.2

Pia Renee & Christine Cain - Baby 6.41

Updated!

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

A bit surprised about Stuck with You being 2nd. Everybody went crazy for it ln the Discussion Thread, but its great that a leak is getting actual recognition this season lol.

I'm more surprised that pov doesn't have a higher rating tbh. From the 17 votes, six people gave it a 10, which is a lot.

Edited by Daillon

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

A bit surprised about Stuck with You being 2nd. Everybody went crazy for it ln the Discussion Thread, but its great that a leak is getting actual recognition this season lol.

It’s the most overrated battle from this episode imo. Nick really jumped the gun on that save. 

11 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I'm more surprised that pov doesn't have a higher rating tbh. From the 17 votes, six people gave it a 10, which is a lot.

4 people gave it less than a 9, including a 6 and a 7.5, that could have brought it down a bit. Still, I think at the end, it will be in the Top 3 battles of the season in terms of ratings.

The I Ain´t Livin´ Long Like This battle has a surprisingly decent ranking despite some repetitve low scores I´ve been seeing. Also considering neither  the artists nor the song are IDF darlings.

Edited by Misirlou

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

4 people gave it less than a 9, including a 6 and a 7.5, that could have brought it down a bit. Still, I think at the end, it will be in the Top 3 battles of the season in terms of ratings.

The I Ain´t Livin´ Long Like This battle has a surprisingly decent ranking despite some repetitve low scores I´ve been seeing. Also considering neither  the artists nor the song are IDF darlings.

I think that the following battles have the potential to get higher (spoilers for battles below):

Rachel and Bradley, Corey and Savanna, & Zania and Durrell

Edited by QueenCami

Episode 1

Ryleigh & Gean "pov"  - 10

Connor & Aaron "I Ain't Living Long Like This" -  4

Dana & Devan "Stuck with U"  - 7

Pia & Christine "Baby" -  4

José & Awari "You Say" - 5

Ethan & Avery "Just Got Started Lovin' You" -  10

On 3/10/2021 at 7:36 PM, Daillon said:

Battles

Ryleigh Modig & Gean Garcia - pov 9.24

Dana Monique & Devan Blake Jones - Stuck with U 8.71

Ethan Lively & Avery Roberson - Just Got Started Lovin' You 8.4

Connor Christian & Aaron Konzelman - I Ain't Living Long Like This 7.47

José Figueroa Jr. & Awari - You Say 7.28

Pia Renee & Christine Cain - Baby 6.69

Another update.

Episode 1

Ryleigh & Gean - pov  - 10

Connor & Aaron - I Ain't Living Long Like This - 9

Dana & Devan - Stuck with U  8.5 

Pia & Christine - Baby - 6.5

José & Awari - You Say - 8

Ethan & Avery - Just Got Started Lovin' You  8.7

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

There are way too many 10s for my liking. For me there hasn't been a 10 performance yet, but I guess that depends on the person?

Yeah, it depends on taste. I haven´t given a 10 as well, but given that I had low expectations for the battles this season due to song choices and some feedback, I have been pleasantly surprised. I have a feeling that a certain battle next week, who has two of my favorites, if well delivered, could get my first 10.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, it depends on taste. I haven´t given a 10 as well, but given that I had low expectations for the battles this season due to song choices and some feedback, I have been pleasantly surprised. I have a feeling that a certain battle next week, who has two of my favorites, if well delivered, could get my first 10.

I guess I'm picky with the 10s. I don't think I would have given a 10 to any performance last season, per example (probably would have given some to TStorm and Rose tho)

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

There are way too many 10s for my liking. For me there hasn't been a 10 performance yet, but I guess that depends on the person?

I'm the same way. The highest I've given this season is a 9.6. But, different people set their scoring standards differently. It seems that I'm different in that:

a) I give 10s less often

b) I do not score below 7 in general / haven't so far

c) most people score in the range 8.5-9.5 for me

So, I'm mostly more generous w/ scoring until it comes to the very top.

• Like 1

Instead of feeding into the trolls, you can just ignore them and report the post as necessary. No need to give them our attention and time.

Going back on-topic, I don't have my ratings ready for the last episode of the battles since I haven't finalized them. I like to watch it over again once with the intention of figuring out a ranking again. Although I've listened multiple times for enjoyment I haven't stopped to scrutinize what score I'd give. I'll try and figure it out before next episode (as I still have BAs to catch up w as well for my personal ranking, and I don't want to fall too far behind). 

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Daillon said:

I’ve probably been too generous with them, but I’m only doing this for fun so why be nit-picky when I can just bump it up to a 10? (there are too many low scores on here for some performances anyway...)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’ve probably been too generous with them, but I’m only doing this for fun so why be nit-picky when I can just bump it up to a 10? (there are too many low scores on here for some performances anyway...)

Yeah, some people tank some of these for no reason (giving Pete 0.01s, lol) so I guess it evens out.

• Like 3

In retrospective, in case anyone forgot, for the Blind Auditions, including all  40 contestants:

Highest: Zae, with an average of 8.97.

Lowest: Christine, with an average of 5.

Lets see what happens with the battles. Like I said previously, I have a feeling Ryleigh vs Gean will hold strong and will be part of the final Top 3.

• Like 2

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

I just re-listened, he deserved a higher rating, at least from my part. 

Especially in his battle. Something that is not being noticed here about Ethan is that he didnt just go lower than Avery, but higher as well. Listen to the "What can I say?" choruses in his battle. That guy is great.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Especially in his battle. Something that is not being noticed here about Ethan is that he didnt just go lower than Avery, but higher as well. Listen to the "What can I say?" choruses in his battle. That guy is great.

Yeah, Ethan definitely won that fair and square. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I thought Ethan put the 2nd best (if not THE best) individual performance of the episode, behind Ryleigh. He probably would've been surely 1st if I liked country more.

Edited by FloorWax

Ryleigh v. Gean 9.4
Dana v. Devan 8.85
Connor v. Aaron 8.5
Jose v. Awari 9
Pia v. Christine 8.6
Ethan v. Avery 9.15

I averaged the individual ratings I did for each person. I would say that Connor v. Aaron was stronger as a battle than Pia v. Christine but for the sake of consistency, I'm going to just stay with the averages, instead of doing overall ratings separately.

Episode 1

Ryleigh & Gean - pov  8.8

Connor & Aaron - I Ain't Living Long Like This  7.75

Dana & Devan - Stuck with U  8

Pia & Christine - Baby  6

José & Awari - You Say 9.5

Ethan & Avery - Just Got Started Lovin' You 9