The Voice S20: IDF’s Ratings

Daillon

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

People giving out so many 10s puzzles me. You gotta wonder if they really think that performance is a 10 or they just wanna boost that performance's rating. There hasn't been a single 10/10 performance this season so far imho.

Mind Your Own Business Whatever GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 6

While I disagree with people giving a ton of 10s, they are free to do so if they thought the performance was that good. It´s the unreasonable low grades I have a problem a with, especially with perfectly fine performances, even if they might not be someone´s cup of tea.

For me, I´d say 7 might be the crossing line. The performances that were fine but didn´t really do anything for me usually tend to get a 7 or something in that realm. If you go below it for me, it´s because you actually had quite a few pitch issues in an individual performance or just all around missed the mark for me, like two voices that didn´t gel well together in a battle.

Tone is 1 point for me. If I dislike someone´s tone, I´ll take off that point.

25 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

People giving out so many 10s puzzles me. You gotta wonder if they really think that performance is a 10 or they just wanna boost that performance's rating. There hasn't been a single 10/10 performance this season so far imho.

I think some, or maybe many, just doesn't take this too seriously. In the end, as Daillon (not sure but someone said it here) stated, this is intended for fun purposes and that we shouldn't read too much on these scores or rankings, might as well have fun giving high scores to these artists

and yeah we all have different opinions, standards, and tastes, that's why. Some are critical, but some can be pretty appreciative and genuine in giving scores, and that's fine 

I'll say it is pretty accurate though for some performances here

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s the unreasonable low grades I have a problem a with,

Yeah I think this is much more of a problem. No more 0.01's please.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Misirlou said:

As much as I like Cam, Just Got Started Lovin´ You >>>10,000 Hours for me. It´s got a decent score so far though , especially considering this is IDF.

I liked Avery and Ethan's blinds somewhat, but they shocked me in the blinds. Their battle was absolutely excellent. I anticipate I'll rank Cam vs. Emma a little ahead of them, but I can totally see why you prefer Just Got Started Lovin' You to 10,000 Hours. The song choice was perfect for them, and their vocals were great. 

15 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Gihanna and Halley, 3rd to the last?! 😂

I thought they'd be dead last, even lower than Pia and Christine's battle due to the responses on their battle

Corey vs. Savanna <<<< Ryleigh vs. Gean for me though. I found the latter's battle more exciting, not because they're two of my faves, but because of the arrangement of both songs. Still loved Corey and Savanna's battle though, and I'd even put it on my top 3, so no complaints

Agreed with everything here, except maybe that Corey vs. Savanna are in the T3 - I haven't relistened to give my ranking yet, and my TV stream was sucky (just like everyone else's lmao)

I'm glad Gihanna and Halley are higher than before. 

And I'm looking forward to Gihanna doing well here in the KOs! Manifesting a good edit + opening or closing for her and Anna Grace! I think it's likely.

14 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I agree, but I think more problematic is the lower scores. I don't think any performance this season justifies below a 5. Perhaps you could even convince me to slide that down to a 4, but the fact that people are scoring people between a 0 and a 4 kind of baffles me. To each, their own, I guess. 

I personally choose to be sparing with my 10s because I want the 10 to be a truly very special performance: pitch-perfect, emotional, and moving. So far, we've gotten powerful, emotional, and pitch-perfect, but I don't think those three have combined with my tonal preference to justify a 10.

Edited by QueenCami

[Ignore the first set, I already posted it earlier, but I'm placing it here for my own reference]

Ryleigh v. Gean 9.4
Dana v. Devan 8.85
Connor v. Aaron 8.5
Jose v. Awari 9
Pia v. Christine 8.6
Ethan v. Avery 9.15

Halley vs. Gihanna 8.9
Jordan vs. Keegan 8.75
Lindsay vs. Zae 9.2
Corey vs. Savanna 9.15
Zania vs. Durell 9.45
Cam vs. Emma 9.45

Again, I just averaged individual scores, even though that's not super accurate - I don't feel great about Ryleigh vs. Gean being below Zania vs. Durrell and Cam vs. Emma when they're all equally good to me, but I'm not gonna put too much focus on it. I just didn't wanna do three scores for each battle.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

Episode 1

Ryleigh & Gean - pov  10

Connor & Aaron - I Ain't Living Long Like This  10

Dana & Devan - Stuck with U  9.5

Pia & Christine - Baby  9

José & Awari - You Say  8

Ethan & Avery - Just Got Started Lovin' You  10

Episode 2

Cam & Emma - 10,000 Hours  8

Gihanna & Halley - Thinking Out Loud  9.5

Zania & Durell - Emotions  10

Jordan & Keegan - Calling All Angels  9

Zae & Lindsay - Rewrite the Stars  10

Corey & Savanna - Dreams  10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agenator173 said:

Episode 1

Ryleigh & Gean - pov  10

Connor & Aaron - I Ain't Living Long Like This  10

Dana & Devan - Stuck with U  9.5

Pia & Christine - Baby  9

José & Awari - You Say  8

Ethan & Avery - Just Got Started Lovin' You  10

Episode 2

Cam & Emma - 10,000 Hours  8

Gihanna & Halley - Thinking Out Loud  9.5

Zania & Durell - Emotions  10

Jordan & Keegan - Calling All Angels  9

Zae & Lindsay - Rewrite the Stars  10

Corey & Savanna - Dreams  10

Sorry to go off-topic a bit, but: Welcome! I can see by your rankings and your name / profile picture you have great taste! Addison is my favorite of all-time!

On 4/11/2021 at 12:51 AM, QueenCami said:

I agree, but I think more problematic is the lower scores. I don't think any performance this season justifies below a 5. Perhaps you could even convince me to slide that down to a 4, but the fact that people are scoring people between a 0 and a 4 kind of baffles me. To each, their own, I guess. 

I personally choose to be sparing with my 10s because I want the 10 to be a truly very special performance: pitch-perfect, emotional, and moving. So far, we've gotten powerful, emotional, and pitch-perfect, but I don't think those three have combined with my tonal preference to justify a 10.

I guess it really depends on how you use the scale right.  For instance, "average" for a lot of people here seems to be like a 7 or 8 and kind of equating those similarly to Cs and Bs in school.  But on a 10-point scale you can just as easily argue the "average" performance should be a 5.  Some episodes - and seasons - would be comparatively better or worse, but those folks would likely have about an even numbers of 4s and 6s, a slightly smaller number of 3s and 7s, 2s and 8s, 1s and 9s, and the fewest 0s and 10s reserved for h best and worst of the season.  I'm not sure either system is any better, just a matter of preference, but as long as everyone says fairly consistent in their own system it tends to balance out.  Of course, giving yourself the variably of a larger scale to work with also gives those scorers slightly more weight...that's just how the math works, but it also seems like there's more of the former and less of the latter so it probably balances out to an extent too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mikeyps said:

I guess it really depends on how you use the scale right.  For instance, "average" for a lot of people here seems to be like a 7 or 8 and kind of equating those similarly to Cs and Bs in school.  But on a 10-point scale you can just as easily argue the "average" performance should be a 5.  Some episodes - and seasons - would be comparatively better or worse, but those folks would likely have about an even numbers of 4s and 6s, a slightly smaller number of 3s and 7s, 2s and 8s, 1s and 9s, and the fewest 0s and 10s reserved for h best and worst of the season.  I'm not sure either system is any better, just a matter of preference, but as long as everyone says fairly consistent in their own system it tends to balance out.  Of course, giving yourself the variably of a larger scale to work with also gives those scorers slightly more weight...that's just how the math works, but it also seems like there's more of the former and less of the latter so it probably balances out to an extent too.

Yeah, that was one of my thoughts when I was considering my scale. I prefer to do a scale of 8-10 but that means that my scoring has less weight overall. I decided I'm fine with that.

I understand what you mean, there is definitely an argument for the average being a 5.

Victor & Deion - U Got It Bad - 8.65

Anna & Ainae - You Know I'm No Good - 7.95

Raine & Andrew - Adore You - 6.45

Pete & Savanna - Have A Little Faith in Me - 10

Jenzie Wheels & JD - Fishin' In the Dark - 8

Rachel & Bradley - Your Song - 10

Rio & Carolina - Somebody That I Used to Know - 8.15

Ok i did not expect the 10s to fly tonight but they did

Edited by David68

Victor & Deion - U Got It Bad - 6

Anna & Ainae - You Know I'm No Good - 8

Raine & Andrew - Adore You - 4