American Idol Premiere Episode Ranking

Bk1234

(based on my personal preferences)

1. Grace Kinstler - I can see her doing well on the show with a huge range like that. I do hope though that she won't be too predictable with the song choices.

2. Benson Boone - well, well, well. love him so much, I love his vocal affectations, just hope he'll give much more exciting performances!!

3. Anilee List - queen of runs, tasteful and always in the right place. I also love her distinct tone, I can see her catching my heart as rounds pass by.

4. Nia Renee - she's totally got it, she's got massive potential, I just really need to hear more from her just based on the audition. I wanna hear how huge her range is.

5. Jason Warrior - lol I did not expect to put him this high but he's just so good last night!! I am so impressed. And the way how he humbled himself and acknowledged his mistakes is a yes yes for me.

6. DJ Johnson - just like what I've said in the other thread, she caught my attention. she made me tear up, no joke. I love how she conveyed that emotion. However, I realized that this emotional connection thing won't get you far in this competition, she really need to take risks and show her full capabilities as an individual.

7. Alex Miller - meh. mediocre country dude for me.

8. Claudia Conway - I honestly don't think she deserved to move forward just based on her audition. It was so.. uh yeah. She have limited range and it is her biggest obstacle that she needs to somehow fix or overcome, quick, unless I can see an early exit from this gal.

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

She have limited range and it is her biggest obstacle that she needs to somehow fix or overcome, quick, unless I can see an early exit from this gal.

I agree. She needs to pick songs that better compliment her limited range. “When We Were Young” was better than “Love on the Brain,” but still not great. ☹️

• Like 1

Just now, optimusprimevalley said:

Yeah I agree. It seems like she was trying to get the range out, but the strep throat might have had an impact.

I personally don’t think she has the range to begin with. Maybe she’ll improve in Hollywood though. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

(based on my personal preferences)

1. Grace Kinstler - I can see her doing well on the show with a huge range like that. I do hope though that she won't be too predictable with the song choices.

2. Benson Boone - well, well, well. love him so much, I love his vocal affectations, just hope he'll give much more exciting performances!!

3. Anilee List - queen of runs, tasteful and always in the right place. I also love her distinct tone, I can see her catching my heart as rounds pass by.

4. Nia Renee - she's totally got it, she's got massive potential, I just really need to hear more from her just based on the audition. I wanna hear how huge her range is.

5. Jason Warrior - lol I did not expect to put him this high but he's just so good last night!! I am so impressed. And the way how he humbled himself and acknowledged his mistakes is a yes yes for me.

6. DJ Johnson - just like what I've said in the other thread, she caught my attention. she made me tear up, no joke. I love how she conveyed that emotion. However, I realized that this emotional connection thing won't get you far in this competition, she really need to take risks and show her full capabilities as an individual.

7. Alex Miller - meh. mediocre country dude for me.

8. Claudia Conway - I honestly don't think she deserved to move forward just based on her audition. It was so.. uh yeah. She have limited range and it is her biggest obstacle that she needs to somehow fix or overcome, quick, unless I can see an early exit from this gal.

The top 5 is an exceptional group of vocalists and then you add in DJ who can emote really well and is super likable. Very strong episode

• Like 2

1. Grace Kinstler (For obvious reasons)

2. Benson Boone (Has the most star potential to me)

3. Anilee List (Flawless vocals for me)

4. Jason Warrior (Great story arc and strong voice)

5. Nia Renee (Amazing voice... wonder if she's just a singer or also an artist)

6. Alex Miller (Great personality and stage presence)

7. Claudia Conway (Giving her the benefit of the doubt that she sounds better than she did)

8. DJ Johnson (Decent tone but super generic lyrics and subpar vocals for me)

Here are my rankings, from first to last:

1.  Anilee — my favorite singer from this episode.  She’s got a beautiful voice and she has a disability like me, even if I have Asperger’s Syndrome and not Tourette’s Syndrome.
2.  Jason — he really killed that Marvin Gaye song!
3.  Grace — she’s got an awesome voice.  I just like the two singers above her more, that’s all.
4.  Nia — she’s the type of singer that I often root for, but she could use a little more experience to get to the Top 20
5.  DJ — maybe I rated her a little high.  But her backstory really made me root for her.
6.  Benson — he’s a decent performer and he’s cute.  Still, I think that he’s just okay.
7.  Claudia — she was the worst in this audition episode. Still, maybe I should give her a pass because she was apparently sick.
8.  Alex — he was good enough to get to Hollywood, but I think that there will be better male country artists than him there.