American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

I’m glad that Trent and Sonika were the top two. They were the only two I liked who made the final ranking. :wub:

I’m also glad that La’Porsha didn’t win this. I’ve made it clear that I don’t like her because of her comments since the show but I just don’t think she’s that good. I think her voice is grating and the screaming in NMD is offensive to Mary J. Blige. Trent sings circles around her, imo.

6 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Haha clearly I was very pressed and on ultra-high alert for Trent after Sharp Dressed Man died. Better safe than sorry! I have nothing but respect for La’Porsha’s talent 

Same here. People complaining NMD is low when SDM didn’t even make the final vote!!!

• Like 2

A fantastic Top 5 but I’m glad Trent won because of La’Porsha’s comments since the show. She’s still immensely talented but Trent deserves.

Chandelier and Sharp Dressed Man was the night the game changed and he developed the momentum and became the front runner. He had an uphill battle to take La’Porsha after Kelly Clarkson herself anointed her the winner early on.

Season 15 was a fun to watch for that reason for sure. Oh well, onward to the ABC seasons where there’s maybe one standout performance per season.

• Like 3

I'm pretty good with how the results went~ I wish NMD would've made the top 3, but the performances that outranked it were just as brilliant! I really do hope that La'Porsha eventually shows growth from those comments that she made. From what I can remember, it felt moreso ignorant than outright hateful, but it still makes it a little bit harder to enjoy her singing.

Trent's Chandelier wasn't my top performance, but it definitely deserves its win! I'm particularly glad that he has that cover released so that I can pretend that it's his song instead of Sia's.

7 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

A black woman testifying on the stage. This was a healing moment got her. The lyric “You can’t rape, you can’t break me. You can’t take her, you could kill me.” Wow. She bared her soul on the stage. This being tanked is sad because of the message and message behind the performance. :closedeyes:

If only she wasn’t homophobic :(

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

This being tanked is sad because of the message and message behind the performance. :closedeyes:

Let’s be clear, I tanked these performances because La’Porsha has said some very homophobic things since her season. I have recognized her talent in my comments and by advancing or refusing to cut her performances but I’m not about to rank her first or let her win given what she’s said. Maybe some people can separate the art from the artist, but I’m not one of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sublymonal said:

Same here. People complaining NMD is low when SDM didn’t even make the final vote!!!

I'm sure if Chandelier came in 4th and had tanks (with a La'Porsha performance winning), the same comments would come about from Trent stans though. 🙈

La'Porsha stans also complained about "Glory" not making the final vote, which suffered the same fate as SDM.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

La'Porsha's Ready For Love & No More Drama night > Trent's Sharp Dressed Man & Chandelier night :ph34rwave:

Ready for Love is one of the most boring songs to exist and La’Porsha’s performance did nothing to change my mind.

I can also understand the La'Porsha tanks regarding post-show comments. That I can understand..... and yeah people can rank as they choose to do so. If Katharine had to suffer through tanks then it should be the same for La'Porsha. 

I just don't reallly buy or get the tanking of her solely because of "Sharp Dressed Man" getting cut. :ph34rwave:

I just wish La'Porsha could have gotten 2nd or 3rd to Trent performances as she and Trent dominated the season. Oh well, we were blessed with amazing performances from both throughout the season, at least.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I am still cackling over Crisis' comments I literally never noticed that background singer before :dead:

rexYKw5.png

La'Porsha: *has a cathartic moment*

Background singer: Hi mom and dad!!!! ^_^

At least Allison understood the assignment!!!!!!

I never noticed this either. :dead: 🤣

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You underestimate my ability to hold a grudge.

:dead: 

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I know what the voting block of Victoria, Priscilla, and JORDAN_FAN can do after seeing many of these rounds. Lio says hello. I'm pleasantly surprised that they weren't trying to prevent Trent from winning! But I didn't know!

And plenty of my other faves in the ANTM game. 😭

Oooh ahhh yeah, I was kinda expecting them to prevent Trent from winning when seeing some of their rankings but then other rankings, it weren't the case. :haha: 

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I know what the voting block of Victoria, Priscilla, and JORDAN_FAN can do after seeing many of these rounds. Lio says hello. I'm pleasantly surprised that they weren't trying to prevent Trent from winning! But I didn't know!

You act like your voting block doesn't do the same thing 😂