Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Thank you to Zoey & Ariel for submitting nominations for this cycle. Because there was only 3 of us, all of us got at least our top 3 choices nominated. After that, I went with which celeb got the most nomination votes.

PUBLIC NOMINATIONS

Kelvin Fletcher

Danny Mac

Natalie Gumede

Louise Redknapp

Joe McFadden

Aston Merrygold

Ashley Taylor Dawson

Laura Whitmore

Dani Harmer

Holly Valance

Remember, you are cutting and saving 2 celebs each. (!) 

@*Chris @*Diana @taylorkat @*Lily @*Wallace

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (Public Nominations Posted)

Wait I might be misreading the rules but how are we cutting 2/saving 2 each if there’s only 10, is there not just room for us to cut 1/save 1 each? :huh:

I’ll do one each for now anyway. :haha:

Cut Joe

Save Danny

Edited by *Lily

Joe McFadden

p05fhvjx.jpg

Strictly has had its mixed bag of winners although I have to be honest and say…Joe is one of my least favourites. 🙈 I probably have some bitterness from that season and the treatment of Alexandra still. But I feel like a lot of the Strictly winners have had these great standout moments. Jill’s Jive, Mark’s Salsa, Chris’ Charleston either. For me, Joe just never quite had that moment. Perhaps his Charleston, or Argentine Tango? I really enjoyed his Samba too. Other than that..I do draw a bit of a blank with Joe’s journey.

Anyway this sounds like a bashing writeup and I feel bad now. :haha: Because Joe seems like a real nice guy, and I thought he worked great with Katya. The oldest winner (until Bill)? I believe he may have been the first LGBT winner too but I am not entirely sure. If so, amazing! Joe did a good job all season around but I will be honest and say his win felt a little anti-climatic to me. He still was a great competitor all season and was able to showcase a great group of routines in the final to take a win. But overall he just wasn’t all that an exciting contestant for me so he felt like my safest choice to cut.

Saving Danny Mac

Strictly-Come-Dancing-1643998.jpg?r=1544734607252

These public nominations were better than expected, but I am sure some of the rankers will disagree with me :giggle:. Out of these nominees, I am perfectly fine with cutting Dani Harmer from the rankdown. It's now time to go through memories lane to talk about Dani Harmer, known for being a former singer and actress, and her time on the 10th series of Strictly Come Dancing where she was partnered with Vincent Simone - she did compete on another dancing show known as Let's Dance for Sport Relief where she finished as a runner-up.  Her journey was pretty consistent and she kept improving week after week - her first routine to really catch my attention was her Jive during Week 5. She kept impressing me week after week, especially her Quickstep, her Samba, and Viennese Waltz. But the routine that really WOW me was her fusion of Quickstep and Charleston which was incredible and fabulous. She was never able to reach that perfect score but her Argentine Tango should have been that routine because that routine was IT.  She ended up finishing in 4th place and this is a great spot for her!

SAVING : ASTON MERRYGOLD

Laura Whitmore

37C215B100000578-3767825-image-m-39_1472

Laura Whitmore is a television presenter that has been one of the main presenters of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! She has also presented programs including the Brits, the MTV Movie Awards, and the BAFTAs.  Laura was on the fourteenth season of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Giovanni Pernice.  

Their dances were: 
Cha-cha-cha to Venus  (25)
Waltz to If I Ain't Got You (32)    
Salsa to Rhythm Of The Night (30)    
Quickstep to Ballroom Blitz (33)    
Jive to Reet Petite (she didn't dance due to an ankle injury)
Tango to Paint It Black (36)
Samba to Bamboleo (32)

Laura didn't receive any individual scores of 10 during her run.  She finished in ninth place.

Save Holly Valance

Louise Redknapp 

louise-redknapp-kevin-clifton.jpg

Gah these were some tough noms, which is to be expected and I didn't really know what to do for awhile here. Louise is one of my lesser faves remaining so I decided to eliminate her here. Louise Redknapp is a singer (who was in the group, Eternal), a TV presenter and a SYTYCD UK judge, who competed on the 14th series of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Kevin Clifton. Louise & Kevin finished as runners up alongside Danny & Oti. Here is a recap of her run:

Week 1: Jive to "Jump Jive an' Wail" - 31

Week 2: Viennese Waltz to "Hallelujah" - 32

Week 3: Cha-Cha to "Flashdance..... What a Feeling" - 31

Week 4: Foxtrot to "Tears Dry On Their Own" - 33

Week 5: Rumba to "Always On My Mind" - 33

Week 6: Charleston to "Crazy In Love" - 35

Week 7: Argentine Tango to "Tanguera" - 39

Week 8: American Smooth to "Big Spender" - 37

Week 9: Paso Double to "Explosive" - 39

Week 10: Waltz to "At This Moment" - 39

Week 11: Quickstep to "The Deadwood Stage (Whip-Crack-Away)" - 37

Week 12: Tango to "Glad All Over" - 37

Week 12: Samba to "Aquarela do Brasil" - 36

Week 13: Cha-Cha reprise to "Flashdance..... What a Feeling" - 38

Week 13: Showdance to "One Moment In Time" - 38

Week 13: Argentine Tango reprise to "Tanguera" - 40

Louise was a beautiful dancer, but I often felt she was a little low-key and kinda safe through some of her run. She had some great standout dances, but I was left wanting more from her in her dances. I guess she was just an introverted kind of performer. For instance, i was super underwhelmed with her semi finals dances and thought she should have gone that week. I still don't understand how her Samba got straight 9's. Some of my favorite dances from Louise includes her: Viennese Waltz, Charleston, Argentine Tango (both versions), American Smooth, Paso Double, Waltz and Showdance. Her Argentine Tango was slayage and my favorite dance from her! :wub: Louise had her best dances from Weeks 7 through 10, imo. I will post some of my favorite of these dances below.

Saving: Kelvin Fletcher

oti-mabuse-kelvin-team-floti.gif

Ashley Taylor Dawson
ashley-ola-1.jpg

Sorry for the hold up guys.  Finally home so I have time to write up. This cut was really easy between the two because well I am a fan of Natalie so unfortunately sorry Wallace but Ashley must go. Ashley was a part of season eleven of Strictly Come Dancing and danced with the pro Ola Jordan. Ashley was no Chris Hollins so unfortunately they didn't win but they did last for a while I believe 11 weeks so that landed them in 6th place. Not terrible but not a winning team. Honestly Ashley was just there for me he got a bunch of 8s and 9s but never got any 10s despite staying that long. I don't think he is a big loss but he has been nominated time and again and been saved over and over so maybe I am missing something I do remember enjoying their Salsa most. No big loss here though considering we are near the end game.

SAVING Natalie Gumede

Totally fair and no hard feelings on the Ashley cut, Diana. :yes::hug: I'm pleased to have gotten him this far. My goal was for him to be Ola's last standing partner here and I loved their partnership. I thought he was underrated with some of his scores and was better than Chris Hollins, so mission accomplished. 😄

I love Natalie (as I saved her last round), so I'm glad she got saved. ❤️

As for the other cuts....yay for us surviving the Public noms!

I had a feeling Lily has been itching to get rid of Joe M for some time now. :giggle:Happy with him making it this far, but even happier to accomplish the X Factor Top 2 of Alexandra & Aston for S15.

Pleased for all of Dani, Laura & Louise getting this far. Enjoyed all of them and their runs. But happy for Kimberley and Danny to win their respective seasons.

Though sad for S14 taking so many hits all of a sudden. But its fair at this point and that's the name of the game.