Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Ali Bastian 

strictly-come-dancing-pic-bbc-pa-2128172

Gosh, this game gets harder and harder as I legit don't want to cut any of the remaining celebrities.... and I have to cut two more here. :broken: I was thinking of either cutting a stronger dancer that I had the least connection to of the remaining celebs or a less strong (~weaker) dancer that I really like/love much more. I didn't know what to do so went somewhere in the middle and ended up with Ali as my choice. I do really like Ali, but of the nominees she is one of my lesser faves remaining.

Ali Bastian is an actress, best known for playing Becca Dean on Hollyoaks and Sally Armstrong on The Bill, competed on the 7th series of Strictly Come Dancing where she was partnered with Brian Fortuna. Ali & Brain were one of the strongest pairs that series, finishing 3rd and just missing the final. Here's a recap of her run:

Week 1, Night 1: Waltz to "Reach Out and Touch" - 30
Week 1, Night 2: Rumba to "That's What Friends Are For" - 30
Week 3: Quickstep to "I Get a Kick Out of You" - 32
Week 4: Salsa to "Quimbara" - 32
Week 5: Jive to "Tutti Fruitti" - 29
Week 6: American Smooth to "A Foggy Day in London Town" - 37
Week 7: Paso Doble to "El Gato Montes" - 33
Week 8: Viennese Waltz to "Do Right Woman, Do Right" - 40
Week 9: Cha-Cha to "I Gotta Feeling" - 35
Week 10: Foxtrot to "Haven't Met You Yet" - 35
Week 11: Charleston to "Pencil Full of Lead" - 37
Week 12: Tango to "Born to be Wild" - 42
Week 12: Samba to "Change" - 44
Week 13: Argentine Tango to "Pa Bailar" - 42
Week 13: American Smooth to "Come Dance with Me" - 50

Ali is a very beautiful and stunning. She had some pretty good Latin dances (although her Latin really did improve through the series) but she mostly shone in the ballroom styles. When I binge watched Series 7 some years ago, I couldn't find some of her dances so she's one of the few celebs I also haven't gotten to see of their dances. I'm struggling to remember my favorites from her but I'll try to remember now. I would say some of my favorite dances of Ali's would include her: American Smooth (both versions), Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Charleston and Samba. Ugh I wish I had the time to rewatch her dances to make sure but I don't. Ali was my 2nd favorite of the series, and I do feel,she was robbed of making the finale. Sadly this was the year where Chris Hollins was super popular with the public over superior dancers in Ricky and Ali, so the latter two had pretty much no chance as they landed in the Bottom Two a few times. :closedeyes: Ugh a Ricky vs. Ali final would have been so good. Ali & Brian not only had a wonderful partnership on the show but also a really nice romantic relationship off the show. They dated for awhile....I'm not sure how long but maybe a few years? Strictly seems to do a great job of forming love connections, and it happened with Ali & Brian. :giggle: Apologies to those upset about this cut. I am too honestly....but this is what I get for loving everyone lmao. :dead: I will post some of my favorite dances of Ali's below.

@*Chris & @*Lily each must cut one of the following celebs:

Jill Halfpenny

Zoe Ball

Emma Bunton

Alesha Dixon

Kelly Brook

Rachel Stevens

Ricky Whittle

Kara Tointon

Chelsee Healey

Holly Valance

Kimberley Walsh

Abbey Clancy

Natalie Gumede

Caroline Flack

Frankie Bridge

Pixie Lott

Jay McGuinness

Georgia May Foote

Alexandra Burke

Faye Tozer

Kelvin Fletcher

Karim Zeroual

Aww Ali. 😢 Really liked her on her season. But a fair cut now :yes:

Think I have made my decision..I’ll try and get it up in a couple hours or so. Not an easy one and hope nobody has hard feelings with it, as I actually like everyone left. :haha:

• Like 1

HOLLY VALANCE

holly_artem_profile512.jpg

As there's a good amount of celebrities that I absolutely love left, I decided to cut one that I enjoyed during her time on Strictly Come Dancing but not enough for me to want her in the Top 20. And this celebrity is Holly Valance, whom I know for being an actress in well known series, mainly Prison Break. She was also known for being an actress on Neighbours like many Australian celebrities, and recorded some music.  She was then tapped to compete on Strictly Come Dancing in 2011 which was the 9th series. She was partnered with a favourite male pro of mine, Artem Chigvintsev.  I did enjoy their partnership, although not my favourite partnership of Artem's, and they were able to deliver some good routines such as the Tango to Cell Block Tango - not the best tango but I just love the song & enjoyed the choreography, American Smooth - beautifully danced, Jive - nailed many aspects of the jive & super fun, Foxtrot - one of my personal favourite, Paso Doble - perfection, and the Argentine Tango.   I believe Holly finished in the right spot on the show, and she's ending in a perfect spot in this rankdown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Aww Ali. 😢 Really liked her on her season. But a fair cut now :yes:

Think I have made my decision..I’ll try and get it up in a couple hours or so. Not an easy one and hope nobody has hard feelings with it, as I actually like everyone left. :haha:

Agreed.

Ah, this was me during my whole thought process. It'll apply the next round too. :haha:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Holly ❤️ Love her although she was too someone I considered :yes:

MTE.

Holly was someone I considered as well, but I couldn't quite bring myself to cut her as I connected more to her run over a few others.

Love her, but a fair choice to go at this point. Pleased she got this far. ❤️

• Like 1

Frankie Bridge

Frankie-Bridge-and-Kevin-Clifton-on-Strictly-Come-Dancing.jpg

Oof I feel like this shows how strong this final group is because I really struggled with this cut and went back and forth between a couple of people. One of the hardest decisions to make for a final cut in a rankdown for me, as I really like Frankie. It just happened that I just about preferred a lot of the others a tad more. I'm sure she's popular here too so hope nobody has any hard feelings with this cut, as it comes from no bad place, just tough all around. :(

Frankie is best known for being a former member of The Saturdays, as well as S Club Juniors. I was really excited to see Frankie take part on Strictly as I was waiting for a Saturdays member to take part at one point, however I was a little shocked to see Frankie be the first to do so. She was partnered with Kevin in Series 12, who had just finished his first season where he finished in second. I understand too that this is Kevin's final partner to be cut in the game.. and also I believe this is my third Kevin cut? It wasn't personal this time I swear. :haha: As Frankie's my favorite partner of Kevin's and I'm glad she gets that distinction.

Series 12 had a pretty good cast and Frankie was one of the main women I was rooting for alongside Pixie and Caroline. I think as the season went on, the other two became my main favorites but I still enjoyed Frankie and she had a lot of great routines. Her West Side Story Paso Doble (including the infamous Donny Osmond '10') and Wicked Tango stand out as two of the big highlights to me. I thought Frankie probably had the ammunition to go and win the trophy and I would have been happy to see it, seeing as she was the only contestant all season not to appear in a dance-off. However it just so happened that Caroline really stole the show on finale night and of course I was thrilled to see her take home the win.

All in all Frankie is really great and not someone I saw myself cutting, but I think it really shows how close this final race to the end is. I think she's done a great job to get this far and I love that Pixie, Caroline and herself were the final three women standing from this series. ❤️

Time for each of you to advance another celeb to the Top 20!

Jill Halfpenny

Zoe Ball

Emma Bunton

Alesha Dixon

Kelly Brook

Rachel Stevens

Ricky Whittle

Kara Tointon

Chelsee Healey

Kimberley Walsh

Abbey Clancy

Natalie Gumede

Caroline Flack

Pixie Lott

Jay McGuinness

Georgia May Foote

Alexandra Burke

Faye Tozer

Kelvin Fletcher

Karim Zeroual

@*Chris@*Diana @taylorkat @*Lily @*Wallace

Edited by *Amanda

Just now, *Lily said:

Advancing Alesha Dixon

lol one of my reasons for choosing Alesha was because she didn't make the endgame in the DWTS rankdown a couple years ago. But it seems I totally forgot that she actually did make it. :dead: Ah well queen of making it to both endgames alongside Ashley and Danny (and hopefully Alexandra) :wub:

• Haha 1

Lily out here cutting all of Kevin's partners. :dead: But Frankie is a fair cur at this point. She's also my favorite Kevin partner too, so yay her for having that honor. ❤️

Also :giggle:at Lily's mistake but I'm fine with it as Alesha is secure in the finals now. :wub:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

This is almost who I went with before switching to Alesha and then I was nervous for her, so yayy Natalie! :wub:

I'm dying at you saying this because I was planning to save Alesha but you did so before me. :dead:

We really do read each others minds so well. :lmao:

• Like 1

It’s now time for the final cuts! Which 5 will just miss out on the Top 20?

Jill Halfpenny

Zoe Ball

Emma Bunton

Kelly Brook

Rachel Stevens

Ricky Whittle

Kara Tointon

Chelsee Healey

Kimberley Walsh

Abbey Clancy

Pixie Lott

Alexandra Burke

Faye Tozer

Kelvin Fletcher

Karim Zeroual

@*Chris@*Diana @taylorkat @*Lily @*Wallace

Kelly Brook

OIP.092eHVQ5g6dfT5lZfWdYOgHaLH?pid=ImgDe

Kelly Brook is a presenter, actress, and model. She took over for Denise Van Outen as the co-presenter of "The Big Breakfast" with Johnny Vaughan. She has been in the films "School For Seduction", "House of 9", "Absolon", and "Three".  Kelly was on the fifth season of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Brendan Cole.  She ended up having to withdraw from the competition due to the death of her father.

She danced the following before withdrawing:

A Rumba to She's Like The Wind (33)

A Tango to Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (35)
An American Smooth to (Love Is) The Tender Trap (34)
A Paso Doble to You Give Love A Bad Name (28)
A Viennese Waltz to Delilah (36)
A Jive to Johnny B Goode (36)
A Samba to Stayin' Alive (29)

Ricky Whittle

article-1226301-071-FE7-A3000005-DC-69-4

Is this cut a result of Ali Bastian's cut last round? Yes. Do I feel bad for it? No, not I don't. He still won their season but I really think if Ali can't be endgame no one from her season should. Both Ricky or Ali should of won that season over Chris freaking Hollins lol. Anyway Ricky danced in season 7 with pro Natalie Lowe. They were the runner ups that season through they really should of win well over Chris admittedly. I wish Ali would have won lol.

They never got a perfect score which surprises me actually I'd think the judges would of eaten him up. But nope, no perfect scores their closest was a near perfect score for their Quickstep. I debated between him and one other person and I felt the other person I could warrent a top spot over Ricky so that's where my cut went.

Edited by *Diana