Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Kelvin Fletcher

2_Strictly-Come-Dancing-2019.jpg

This was another real difficult decision that came down to me whittling down the options left on the table and having to go with who was remaining. In this instance, it happened to be Kelvin. It's especially hard to cut a partner of Oti's who is my favorite pro, but then I'm glad that my favorite partner of hers in Danny will be safe until the endgame. Once again, as much as I like Kelvin... I actually find myself liking everyone else just a little bit more. 🙈

Kelvin's story and arc is obviously a great one. Best known for being an actor in Emmerdale, Kelvin was drafted in at the eleventh hour when Jamie Laing was forced to withdraw due to injury. I didn't have much expectations of him, but he really blew me away with his first dance. To dance the Samba in the first week is an insanely hard job, especially as the only people dancing it on that night and with slightly less preparation. And Kelvin managed to outshine pretty much everyone and become the star of the show. From that point on I think it was pretty much Kelvin's competition to lose. He scored his first tens in just the third week, and remained a consistent frontrunner throughout.

At the finals, the repeat of two of his most memorable dances, the Samba and the Rumba, combined with his Showdance, made him the runaway winner. I did slightly prefer Karim at the end of the season (and so I'm glad this gives him the win for the series ❤️) but obviously I was thrilled with Kelvin's win and Oti being able to get her first trophy.

Yeah so this was super difficult all around, it does kinda feel an injustice to not have Kelvin in the endgame but at the same time, I could not quite bring myself to cut anyone else. Hope everyone understands!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kelly & Ricky. ❤️

Happy for them both making it this far! And totally understand the reasoning on the Ricky cut too. I would have loved both make the finals but then I want the whole Top 30 in the finals. :dead:

Aww Kelvin. 😢 I was hoping he could squeeze in the finals, but I totally understand the cut as well. It all comes down to personal taste at this point. Glad he was able to make it this far though. ❤️

Lol oh dear, I have another cut to make, huh? I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO. :dead:  Ah I have a few in mind but not really sure who to go with. Will make my decision later on.

ZOE BALL

_118554471_zoeballbbc.jpg

Out of the contestants remaining, the decision to eliminate Zoe Ball was fairly as she's one of the contestants that I have the least amount of attachment too especially when it comes to the remaining contestants.  But of course, cutting Zoe Ball from this rankdown does not equal to me not liking her as this radio personality was one of my favourite from her series, which aired in 2005.  On the series, she was partnered with Ian Waite - a partnership that I really enjoyed and one of my favourite partnership of his.  And what to say about her dancing capability?  She came out on nowhere on Week 1 by nailing every elements of the Waltz; She came across as a natural and that she had been doing this for years which reflected in her getting a score of 35 out of 40 which is incredible for Night 1.  She continued to impress the following week with Rumba where technically, she was on point. But with setting high expectations early on, it was only a matter a time until she would underperform which was in Week 3 with Jive - it was a decent jive and it showed that the traditional ballroom dances were more in her wheelhouse, which she proved with her comeback with the Foxtrot which was near perfection & a highlight of the series.  And to make up for her underperforming Jive, Zoe absolutely nailed the Samba two weeks later - she showed that she was not a one trick pony.  If she was able to impress with her Samba, for me, it was with her Quickstep that she impressed - everything about was in sync and a great routine especially for earlier series standard.   But when I think of Zoe's journey, I think of her slayage of the Tango which earned her a 38 ; It was close to perfection as one could get.  She then easily made it through the following weeks, although I am not too crazy about the routines of those weeks, but luckily she ended her journey on a high note with two routines worthy of a perfect score although she got two 38's. 

Overall, Zoe always made everything look so effortless and she's the perfect example of what you can achieve on the series. Unfortunately, not enough to win the entire series, but for me, she is MY winner of Series 3.  But in comparison to the remaining celebrities, her journey ain't as fresh in mind as the others - still an incredible one that is often slept on which made me realize while writing this write-up. 

Anyway, I also love how Zoe kept connected to Strictly Come Dancing after all these years with her hosting Strictly Come Dancing : It Takes Two until her departure, earlier this year. ❤️ 

Jill Halfpenny

Jill-Halfpenny-and-Darren-Bennett-287942

Oooof this was definitely the toughest cut to make because all of the remaining celebrities are all amazing, great and iconic in their own ways and really amongst some of the greatest contestants of Strictly. I'm just choosing to cut Jill, as she's honestly the contestant I have the least connection and that's all I can base my decision on right now. :broken: As I mentioned many times, I caught up on the earlier series at a much later time and watching earlier seasons lacks some of the connection level sometimes so that hurt Jill for me at this point. :( I even debated on letting Jill advance through to the finals to let Jill vs. Denise battle it out....but I couldn't see myself cutting any of the other 10 dancers. And it would be nice for Denise Lewis to have her moment here (as I feel she often gets overlooked).

Jill Halfpenny is an actress, known for starring in shows such as Byker Grove and EastEnders (because you know Strictly needs their resident EastEnders actor), who competed on the 2nd series of Strictly Come Dancing where she was partnered with Darren Bennett. Here is a recap of their run:

Week 1: Waltz to "Weekend In New England" - 27

Week 2: Rumba to "Lady in Red" - 32

Week 3: Jive to "I'm Still Standing" - 35

Week 4: Foxtrot to "All That Jazz" - 34

Week 5: Samba to "Copacababa" - 35

Week 6: Quickstep to "Get Happy" - 32

Week 6: Cha Cha to "She's a Lady" - 36

Week 7: Tango to "Objection (Tango)" - 29

Week 7: Paso Doble to "Espana Caní" - 37

Week 8: Foxtrot reprise to "All That Jazz" - 34

Week 8: Jive reprise to "I'm Still Standing" - 40

Week 8: Showdance to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You"

Jill is very well known, beloved and talked about all through the history of Strictly. This is all in thanks to her iconic Jive to "I'm Still Standing," in which case the finale reprise version was the first perfect scoring dance. It's a dance I've seen and heard about throughout the years when I started watching Strictly. Jill is always mentioned  and talked about in talks of the iconic Jives on the show. And whenever someone on the show dances to "I'm Still Standing," they are always reminded of Jill and everyone just pales in comparison. It honestly makes me think why hasn't Strictly retired that song. Besides the Jive, some of Jill's other standout dances includes  her Foxtrot (both versions), Samba,  Cha-Cha and Paso Doble. Overall, Jill struggled a bit on the ballroom but still solid. She was definitely a Latin girl though. Jill did prove to be a very deserving winner of her series, although I am not quite sure if she or Denise is my favorite as I went back and forth between the two. Ugh I am sorry to those upset with this cut as I'm sure some will be upset. But with 11 amazing dancers, it was just hard to cut any of them. :broken: But I am very happy Jill was able to make it this far into the game! I will post some of my favorite dances of Jill's below!

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I was kinda looking forward to you being dramatic though. :dead: 

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Well if Wallace isn't going to be dramatic, the rest of you guys should add drama by trying to guess his cut haha

:dead:

It would have taken me longer than usual with my posts. 🤣

ZIBtI2S.png

Huge update to our winners chart after the final cuts! Congrats to Denise Lewis for season 2, Emma Bunton for season 4, Alesha Dixon for season 5, Ricky Whittle for season 7, Alexandra Burke for season 15, and Karim Zeroual for season 17.

Details on the Top 20 ranking will be posted shortly.

• Like 1