Least polarizing contestants ever?

Dai

The least polarizing contestants might be some who didn’t win, or even make the finale. No strong opinions either way. 

But, I would say Maelyn wasn’t very polarizing with the broader audience. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Polarizing by.... audience standards, or IDF standards, or both?

I was mostly thinking by IDF standards (but you can answer however you want).

Rose and Thunderstorm are the first that came to mind. Neither of them had any negative reception here, and they were at least liked by mostly everyone here. At the same time their fan threads didn’t get that much attention so they weren’t as loved as much as others.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The least polarizing contestants might be some who didn’t win, or even make the finale. No strong opinions either way. 

Yeah, almost every battle casualty ever could apply here.

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

An exception to the rule. People were pissed :haha: (I still wonder if she could have won had she made the lives)

I don’t think she would have won. I do think she’s talented, but she wasn’t mentally ready for the show. Extreme nerves. 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t think she would have won. I do think she’s talented, but she wasn’t mentally ready for the show. Extreme nerves. 

I think Kelly might have been trying to protect her in some way given that she saw her nerves in the battle and that was the season of Cross Battles, where nerves were afloat on almost every singer. She would have gotten destroyed there.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

joseph soul - he was kind of forgettable (taryn knows this well :wink:)

madeline consoer - i liked her a lot but i think most people didn't care for her

roderick chambers - i thought he improved a lot but i don't think many people cared for him either way

michael williams?? - i think the same can be said as with roderick

• 10 months later...

Domenic Haynes probably. He was overshadowed by Maelyn on IDF (as was everybody else that season), but he was quite liked here as a whole, and I don´t remember him having any haters. In fact some people (including myself) have put a perfomance or two of his above Maelyn´s.

With Minivan though, yes, he sadly was polarizing.

Edited by Misirlou

7 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Hannah Huston probably. I think she was well received even if Alisan was more popular, but she didn’t really have any haters from what I can tell. Definitely the least polarizing finalist from that season

That’s good to know :wub:

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Domenic Haynes probably. He was overshadowed by Maelyn on IDF (as was everybody else that season), but he was quite liked here as a whole, and I don´t remember him having any haters. In fact some people (including myself) have put a perfomance or two of his above Maelyn´s.

With Minivan though, yes, he sadly was polarizing.

Presley was in a similar boat to Domenic on this forum. Both were well received here compared to the other contestants, and IDF was not happy when they got eliminated (I’m convinced they would have both made T13 in a normal season). Presley was maybe a bit polarizing early on, but her last two performances were very well received here. 

Yeah, the contestants that get eliminated in playoffs often don’t last long enough to become more polarizing.

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Presley was in a similar boat to Domenic on this forum. Both were well received here compared to the other contestants, and IDF was not happy when they got eliminated (I’m convinced they would have both made T13 in a normal season). Presley was maybe a bit polarizing early on, but her last two performances were very well received here. 

Yeah, the contestants that get eliminated in playoffs often don’t last long enough to become more polarizing.

Pretty much.

Either way, the three contestants that come to mind when I see the title of this thread are Maelyn, Rose Short, and Cam Anthony. Near universally loved here, respected by the ones that maybe weren´t as big fans, and having maybe one or two detractors as a whole from what I remember.

I thought Wendy would join the list, but it´s clear a part of IDF doesn´t like her, and I´ve seen a couple of comments here from fans expressing a bit of dissappointment on her live performances.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Pretty much.

Either way, the three contestants that come to mind when I see the title of this thread are Maelyn, Rose Short, and Cam Anthony. Near universally loved here, respected by the ones that maybe weren´t as big fans, and having maybe one or two detractors as a whole from what I remember.

I thought Wendy would join the list, but it´s clear a part of IDF doesn´t like her, and I´ve seen a couple of comments here from fans expressing a bit of dissappointment on her live performances.

Yeah, I’m not sure who would join the list from this season. Jershika’s probably the only contestant that doesn’t seem to have notable detractors here. 

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

I think Kyla Jade is another great example. She had very few haters on here and competed in a season that wasn’t well received

Outside of IDF, she was as polarizing as Wendy. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

For the current season (Top 10), I will say GNT, Hailey, and Paris are probably the least polarizing outside of IDF. Everyone has a few detractors here and there, but I don’t see much negativity or hate for these contestants. That could change as we get down to the wire, but I hope not. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1