The Voice UK Season 2021

istersay

The Voice UK - Wikipedia

Emma Willis hosts the return of the spinning-chair singing contest, with Anne-Marie joining the coaching panel alongside old hands Olly Murs, Tom Jones and Will.i.am. The four coaches will once again be selecting their teams through blind auditions, where looks play no part in the selection process and each singer is chosen on vocal ability alone

Sat 2 Jan
8:30pm-10:00pm (1 hour 30 minutes)

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Is there a UK version of Minivan? :lmao:

Yes, there is. You can find them also in the Facebook page (that page is a lot less popular than the USA version's one, though), where basically, they are just as trash with their comments. The only difference is that, country music in that version basically doesn't exist, so that's good thing, at least.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that they hate black soul female singers as much as USA's minivan, calling the screamers and all. And yes, i know one of them won last season, but she had to be hella pimped to win, while her opponent was basically bussed (UK's TPTB didn't even try to hide the fact that they wanted her to win, it was painfully obvious)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2020 at 11:25 PM, Gustavo527 said:

Yes, there is. You can find them also in the Facebook page (that page is a lot less popular than the USA version's one, though), where basically, they are just as trash with their comments. The only difference is that, country music in that version basically doesn't exist, so that's good thing, at least.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that they hate black soul female singers as much as USA's minivan, calling the screamers and all. And yes, i know one of them won last season, but she had to be hella pimped to win, while her opponent was basically bussed (UK's TPTB didn't even try to hide the fact that they wanted her to win, it was painfully obvious)

UK's Minivan isn't as bad though imo. Plus there's no country mafia and there's far more racial diversity in the winners there than in the US (i.e. more British non-white winners than American ones). 😌

• Like 1

7 hours ago, disney1024 said:

UK's Minivan isn't as bad though imo. Plus there's no country mafia and there's far more racial diversity in the winners there than in the US (i.e. more British non-white winners than American ones). 😌

Well, you are definitely right on that one.

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, Bk1234 said:

Is there a UK version of Minivan? :lmao:

Some of the commenters like to refer to the GBP (great British public) https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The Great British Public.

it’s kind of analogous to the “silent majority “ here. Basically, it’s people who fall for the sob stories and like “nice” contestants.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, French20 said:

i hate will i.am and olly murs...

and the last two seasons the talents were really bad ...

Jessie J is sorely missed

but I'm still going to watch without expecting anything good ..

I really like Olly, but will.i.am is a bore. 😅 I miss Jessie J and JHUD! ☹️ 

• Like 1