The DWTS Dances Mini Rankdown (Season 5, Round 2)

*Amanda

SEASON 2 DANCES

#20-16

20. "9 to 5"

Quickstep by Lisa Rinna & Louis Van Amstel

nQxRH9y.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSQrt4pDyfo

Elliott: 13/20

Alex: 15/20

Cam: 15/20

Amanda: 18/20

Lily: 18/20

Chris: 19/20

Diana: 19/20

Gigi: 19/20

Kaley: 19/20

Sola: 19/20

Wally: 19/20

ELLIOTT:

Why does Lisa have so many routines in this endgame?

ALEX

Lisa gave us the drama and the exciting underdog story of the season. She was such an exciting celebrity to watch and follow, this was a great dance!

LILY

I think Lisa did a good job here, it's not my favorite of her performances but she progressed from the slow to the quick sections of the dance well.

WALLY

This was a really cute and fun Quickstep from Lisa & Louis. Lisa did seem a little timid when she was gutting into hold. I did feel the dance took some time to get it going as it was a little slow. But then the speed got a little faster which was good. I especially liked the speed she had towards the end. I liked how light and elegant Lisa was with her footwork. 

19. "Don't Let Me Be"

Paso Doble by Master P & Ashly DelGrosso

UDsNP3l.png

Watch Here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cvtje

Alex: 3/20

Sola: 6/20
Elliott: 7/20

Amanda: 20/20

Cam: 20/20
Chris: 20/20

Diana: 20/20

Gigi: 20/20
Kaley: 20/20

Lily: 20/20

Wally: 20/20

ALEX

Where was this dance on iconic dances night?! Ashly dragging Master P to meet her family to try to make him likable :wub:. It genuinely deserves the title of worst dance in DWTS history, I love it! The entire interview with Samantha after the dance is iconic too. Master P calling the judges haters and plugging his album, Samantha putting Ashly on the shot it Master P is committed. It's all so extra :wub:.

ELLIOTT

Carrie Ann giving this is a 4 was just a sign of things to come for the next 27 seasons.

AMANDA

HOW did we collectively allow this to not place 20th in this final ranking? :dead: 

CAM

just bc i wanted it in top 20 doesn't mean i'm helping it place high :yawn: 

LILY

Iconic for all the wrong reasons and I'm not mad to have it in the top 20, it's a legendary moment. I objectively cannot rank it any higher than this though. I just love how everyone's cheering at the end while he looks so bored. When will your fave?

WALLY

Okayy so we all know Master P’s Paso Doble is an iconic trainwreck, and yeah it certainly is as it is the lowest scoring dance ever on DWTS. Is it still the all-time worst dance ever on the show? I don’t know. But LOL this is sooooo comically bad and terrible. Master P is sooo stompy and nonchalant with his posture. He just does….. nothing, just stands in spot and is so over it. :dead: Lol at Master P just walking through the dance and doesn’t dance through his steps at all. :dead: Poor Ashly having to OVER compensate to really sell the dance, but she does work it! lol Carrie Ann calling this his best dance and giving this a 4…..oh girl. :dead: OH and this was when Samantha dragged P for rehearsing only 20 hours so far vs. everyone else’s 130 hours total. :lmao: I do love me a good trainwreck and this is one of those for sure. But I gotta be real here. I can’t rank this anywhere but #20.

18. "Dream a Little Dream of Me"

Foxtrot by Tia Carrere & Maks Chmerkovskiy

A5wAKE1.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwJ6u9u8HEU

Diana: 9/20

Elliott: 9/20

Amanda: 13/20

Gigi: 13/20
Kaley: 13/20

Chris: 17/20

Wally: 18/20

Alex: 19/20

Cam: 19/20
Lily: 19/20

Sola: 20/20

ELLIOTT

It was good, but kind of forgettable all things considered.

WALLY

This was a very good and gorgeous Foxtrot from Tia & Maks. This was very smooth and class. I did think Tia had a good frame and footwork but there did seem to be a few shaky moments. But it didn’t distract from what a lovely dance this was. She did have some lovely poses and spins here. I love the part where she spun around on one leg. Tia looked so pretty in this too.

ALEX

such a classy and lovely dance. Such a crime that she ended up in the bottom two after it. I prefer her Tango, but I still love it!

LILY

A really nice and classy routine from Tia. I feel like it got better as it went on, it started a little uneasy I thought but she found her footing as the dance progressed.

17. "Neutron Dance"

Quickstep by Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke

JfrhpHC.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlpK0ci0Uo

Elliott: 6/20

Kaley: 12/20

Chris: 14/20

Gigi: 14/20

Alex: 16/20

Lily: 16/20

Wally: 17/20

Cam: 18/20

Diana: 18/20

Sola: 18/20

Amanda: 19/20

ELLIOTT

Flawless. Cheryl is a queen.

ALEX

He was so f*cking good! It's a shame watching so many male celebs on the show nowadays doing nothing as their partner dances around them. Then you've got Drew on week two delivering a near flawless quickstep!

LILY

For the second week, this was a pretty decent Quickstep from Drew & Cheryl! Idk if I'd have gone for all 9s but a good job.

WALLY

This wasn’t ever one of my very favorite dances of Drew’s, in fact it’s my least fave of his in the finals here. But it’s still a really good and solid dance. Drew had fun with this dance. He provided a very good frame and quick fast & precise footwork throughout, though there was one small off part. I don’t mind this being in the finals but do wish we could have gotten one of Drew’s Jives in here. Very good dance but one i don’t remember from his time on the show but am glad to have re-watched this.

16. "Fever"

Foxtrot by Lisa Rinna & Louis Van Amstel

7gJRLKB.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cy9i1

Elliott: 10/20

Cam: 11/20

Chris: 11/20

Sola: 13/20

Lily: 14/20
Wally: 14/20

Kaley: 15/20

Amanda: 17/20

Diana: 17/20

Alex: 18/20

Gigi: 18/20

ELLIOTT

Why does Lisa have so many routines in this endgame?

LILY

If we were ranking wardrobe this would probably be at the bottom for me but we're not! A good Foxtrot from Lisa and Louis, I thought it was a fun number and she carried herself well.

WALLY

I always have to appreciate a “Fever” Foxtrot, and this is no exception. This isn’t my favorite Fever Foxtrot  out there but I do like how slick and smooth this dance is. Lisa did seem very much at ease and in her element here. She got to be a little  I liked how elegant she was out of hold and how they transitioned smoothly in hold. She showcased some lines here. This isn’t a dance i remembered too well but i enjoyed this more than what I remembered.

ALEX

A really classy dance from Lisa! I prefer her more party dances, but I liked seeing how serious she took the dance and she ended up producing a great number!

@Alex95 @ungodlyhour @*Chris @*Diana @Elliott @taylorkat @~*8Kay8*~ @*Lily  @Solaris @*Wallace

Edited by *Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to The DWTS Dances (Mini) Rankdown (SEASON 2, #20-16 FINALLY POSTED)

Oooh yayy just saw this being posted!

Lisa’s Quickstep got robbed by Master P’s Paso. 🙂 With that said, if one dane had to get robbed there I’m glad it’s that one. :haha: 

IT IS rather impressive how Master P’s Paso Doble managed to get 19th with 8 out of 11 #20 rankings. :dead: Lmaoo even Amanda Zuckerman couldn’t pull that off in the BB rankdown. I am surprised but very happy Lily ranked it last as I feared she would give this a high ranking. :haha: Also THAT PIC of the dane Amanda used here. :dead: 

Fine with Tia’s Foxtrot and Drew’s Quickstep placements as i ranked those dances in those respective spots. Fine with Lisa’s Foxtrot placement too even though I’d have that a bit higher. LOL Elliott’s “why does Lisa have so many dances in the endgame?” comment. :dead:

Also Elliott's high rankings for these dances showing up (sans Drew's Quickstep) are concerning me. Did this boy put (most of or all) Stacy's dances low? 🙂 #CallOut

Although I'm fine with some of her dances being lowered ranked.... but I am keeping my eye out on him. 😘 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I am surprised but very happy Lily ranked it last as I feared she would give this a high ranking. :haha: 

As tempting as it was, I just couldn't justify it. :haha: Still iconic though! :wub:

• Like 1

I thought I sent comments, but it was ages ago so I may not have remembered to ever send them :haha:. I still have them saved on my computer so I’ll just comment after the fact.

20. Lisa Quickstep— I ranked 19

19)  Lisa/Louis Quickstep— Quicksteps are tricky... this one just didn’t feel energetic enough in the beginning. There’s a moment near the end where it feels like she really finds her energy and the last 20 or so seconds are much better!

19. Master P Paso— I ranked 20

20) Master P/Ashly Paso— Sorry guys, this one had to be last for me. Iconic, yes, but definitely not one I could justify putting any higher! Points to Ashly for trying really hard to sell it!

18. Tia Foxtrot— I ranked 13

13) Tia/Maks Foxtrot— I just love Tia and Maks. They have such a lovely chemistry together and I smile watching all of their dances. I think I noticed a little stumble in the beginning of this, but it’s almost like that broke the ice because she smiled really big and fully threw herself into the dance after that. Again, probably too high, but their dances just make me feel good.

17. Drew Quickstep— I ranked 12

12) Drew/Cheryl Quickstep— This was a really great quickstep considering how early in the season it happened. He really kept up with the speed nicely and still made everything look pretty sharp.

16. Lisa Foxtrot— I ranked 15

15) Lisa/Louis Foxtrot— I thought this was a good showing for Lisa. I love her costume, and I thought she performed this well. They moved across the floor very effortlessly. There were just a few moments where I found her a little tentative so it slipped below Tia and Maks’ for me.

Overall, no huge complaints so far. A couple I may have shuffled around a bit, but no huge upsets.

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Well I wasn't going to be objective after all the Drew routines were cut by Stacy stans. 💅

😮 d2Mh4o5.png 

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

As tempting as it was, I just couldn't justify it. :haha: Still iconic though! :wub:

#bless! :haha: 

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Everyone looking at @Elliott and I as our 20th place is still in

ERroytDU8AEZy8n.jpg

Spongebob is Stacy

:dead: 

I can't figure out what your #20 is. But curious what it will be. :haha: 

4 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh yayy just saw this being posted!

Lisa’s Quickstep got robbed by Master P’s Paso. 🙂 With that said, if one dane had to get robbed there I’m glad it’s that one. :haha: 

IT IS rather impressive how Master P’s Paso Doble managed to get 19th with 8 out of 11 #20 rankings. :dead: Lmaoo even Amanda Zuckerman couldn’t pull that off in the BB rankdown. I am surprised but very happy Lily ranked it last as I feared she would give this a high ranking. :haha: Also THAT PIC of the dane Amanda used here. :dead: 

Fine with Tia’s Foxtrot and Drew’s Quickstep placements as i ranked those dances in those respective spots. Fine with Lisa’s Foxtrot placement too even though I’d have that a bit higher. LOL Elliott’s “why does Lisa have so many dances in the endgame?” comment. :dead:

I didn't want Amanda to place higher in then 20th

37 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

“All the Drew routines”

Elliott, there are 6 Drew routines in the final ranking and that’s still not enough for you. :dead: 

The simple solution is 9 Drew routines, 9 Stacy routines, Master P's Paso and I guess a Tia routine [/bad stan], but that didn't happen so

200.gif