The DWTS Dances Mini Rankdown (Season 5, Round 2)

*Amanda

9 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I mean, I at least gave the likes of his Paso, Tango and Freestyle good/decent rankings unlike you with Stacy’s perfect-scoring dances, but go on.

Well if I knew there were no tankings, I would’ve ranked appropriately. :ph34rwave:

Just now, *Amanda said:

And I usually go the honest route, but the Elliott factor made me worry that Stacy’s dances weren’t gonna get the rankings they deserved. :dead: 

I was worried about Diana tanking Drew :dead:

57 minutes ago, *Diana said:

CAN I SWITCH MY RANKINGS LOL?  apparently i was too nice and now its going to make drew win this lol

Elliott was the only one to tank Stacy's dances, I believe. I still believe a Stacy dance will win. :yes: 

44 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

If this is the season 2 drama, I can’t wait for season 25. :dead: 

Lol not gonna lie, I was living for this Drew vs. Stacy fan war. :giggle: 

42 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

And I usually go the honest route, but the Elliott factor made me worry that Stacy’s dances weren’t gonna get the rankings they deserved. :dead: 

41 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I was worried about Diana tanking Drew :dead:

:dead:  @ all of this! :haha: 

SEASON 2 DANCES

#10-6

10. "Cell Block Tango"

Tango by Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani

33zwMCL.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onc6Ar3jdHI

Gigi: 2/20

Amanda: 5/20
Chris: 5/20

Diana: 6/20

Lily: 12/20

Wally: 13/20

Cam: 14/20

Kaley: 14/20

Alex: 17/20
Sola: 17/20
Elliott: 20/20

AMANDA

Queen slayed it as per usual.

LILY

The intensity in this... so brilliant. Totally sold the characterisation of the performance all the while nailing the frame and technique as usual.

WALLY

This was a great and very well danced Tango from Stacy. Her frame, footwork, leg extensions and the sharpness she brought in her movements were fantastic. However, I would sometimes have some issue with the performance side of this dance. At some parts, I felt the passion and intensity was lacking, like she was a bit still faced. I do get they were starting off slow to tell the story. But the dance really came to life towards the end where Stacy got to have her way and take advantage of Tony - with her putting her hands on his neck. That was scary, intense but so dramatic.

KALEY

Curious to see if this is an unpopular placement for this one. It’s a great dance, but not one of my top favorite Stacy dances (or favorite tangos) of the season.  Parts of it just felt a little too stiff for me and I never got as into it as many of her other dances.

ALEX

Queen of taking Tony down at the end of the dance :wub:. Not my favorite of Stacy's dances, but still very good!

ELLIOTT

One of my favourite routines of S2 but I'm ranking it last because I think it's the biggest threat to win and I'm tired of Stacy always S2 in these games. :yawn:  Still love you, Diana! ❤️ 

9. "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

Rumba by Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke

evguWqc.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLxxSY8XDm4

Elliott: 2/20

Chris: 7/20
Alex: 8/20

Wally: 8/20

Cam: 10/20

Gigi: 10/20

Kaley: 10/20

Sola: 10/20

Amanda: 12/20

Diana: 15/20
Lily: 15/20

ELLIOTT

Flawless. Cheryl is a queen.

ALEX

Such a powerful and passionate Rumba! Cheryl's choreography continues to be flawless and Drew really stepped up to the plate here.

WALLY

I feel like we barely got to see the softer and slower side of Drew until this dance? I’m too lazy to backtrack but I feel certain on that. With Drew’s dances, I go back and forth on if I prefer his Rumba or Samba, but re-watching them back, I think I prefer his Rumba. For now but it could change next week. Anyway, this was a really gorgeous Rumba and Drew did a fantastic job with this. I really love how expressive Drew was with his arms and lines. He partnered and showcased Cheryl really well but also made sure he shone too. Drew & Cheryl had really steamy chemistry too. And wow Cheryl's dancing in this is so… stunning to watch. Their ending pose was everything! :omg: 

KALEY

This was beautifully danced, though I prefer the softness of Stacy’s rumba to this more dramatic one. Totally not their fault, but the version of this song used really takes me out of this performance a few times as well.

LILY

Idk if this is a big favorite of mine from Drew's, but as always, I think he and Cheryl really matched each other well here in their performances.

8. "Por Una Cabeza

Tango by Tia Carrere & Maks Chmerkovskiy

qyVjRtp.png

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLvVyxCFoeQ

Cam: 5/20

Kaley: 5/20

Diana: 8/20

Elliott: 8/20

Chris: 9/20

Amanda: 10/20
Wally: 10/20
Gigi: 11/20

Lily: 11/20

Alex: 12/20

Sola: 15/20

KALEY

I think this is most likely going to be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t really know how these rankings are going to go so maybe not... It’s probably not as technically strong as Drew and Stacy’s tangos, but this is not only my favorite tango of the season but one of my favorite dances from the season overall. I love the callback to her appearance in True Lies, and everything about this just worked. I didn’t feel like they were trying too hard to show me intensity, it all just felt very natural and passionate. Definitely a magical moment on stage, and one I feel comfortable putting among all of the perfect scoring dances.

ELLIOTT

Tia was done so dirty this season, smh.

WALLY

This was my favorite Tia & Maks dance, and I always found this to be my favorite non Stacy or Drew dance of Season 2. The Tango is one of Maks’ best styles to choreograph and this dance is example of that. Tia was really at her best here. She brought the steamy hot passionate chemistry with Maks here. Her frame and footwork was great here. I love the part where she leans toads I’m in hold, he does some footsie moves and then she wraps her leg around him. SOO GOOD! :omg: The music is perfect for the Tango that really elevated the dance. But yeah their chemistry, story telling, dancing and connection was all so on point!

LILY

Super impressive routine, the highlight of Tia's journey IMO. The characterisation and the passion between Tia/Maks was so good.

ALEX

A really striking dance! So much passion and power behind it, but also quite sexy. Tia was such a talent and it's a shame she's become so forgotten by your average DWTS fan.

7. "Shut Up"

Tango by Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke

upDCQVC.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q_OfGHULGc

Chris: 4/20

Sola: 4/20
Elliott: 5/20

Cam: 6/20

Kaley: 6/20

Lily: 6/20

Wally: 6/20

Alex: 11/20

Amanda: 11/20

Gigi: 12/20

Diana: 13/20

ELLIOTT

Flawless. Cheryl is a queen.

KALEY

I forgot about this tango until we started this rewatch, and I quickly remembered how great it was. These two were made for the more intense dances. It really suits their partnership. Cheryl incorporated a lot of really cool footwork moments in here.

LILY

Ignoring the band's cover of this song, this is a really excellent Tango from Drew and Cheryl, great intensity and all around brilliant technique.

WALLY

I always really loved this Tango from Drew & Cheryl and thought this was a passionate Tango. Not to mention i really love the song too and thought it brought a cool modern take to a Tango. Drew did a fantastic job dancing this with his frame, sharp footwork and really leading the dance like a leading man. The had great passionate seductive chemistry here. I love the mix of slow understated and dramatic fast movements they do in the dance. Drew’s execution was just so on point. And also such a fantastic choreographed Tango from Cheryl.

I did love Drew’s and Stacy’s dances equally this week pretty much so it was a struggle on how to rank these. I did give this dance the edge as I feel it may need more help.

ALEX

As a Drew fan, I'm very excited for him having his breakthrough dance here. Such a commanding performance and one of his technically strongest dances!

6. "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"

Jive by Stacy Keibler & Tony Dovolani

6bwH61P.jpg

Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJDAkm2urU

Cam: 1/20

Amanda: 2/20

Diana: 3/20

Sola: 3/20

Gigi: 5/20

Lily: 5/20

Kaley: 7/20

Wally: 7/20

Chris: 12/20

Alex: 14/20

Elliott: 16/20

CAM

this IS better than her samba and i'll die on this hill

AMANDA

Fun and full of brilliant technique, this is just one of the many FLAWLESS dances that Stacy delivered this season.

LILY

I remember it was always a running comment on Strictly (and going by Len's comments here, sometimes on DWTS) how the Jive could be a difficult dance for taller people, and yet obviously Stacy knocked it out of the park once again, a really fun and sharp number.

KALEY

Another of Stacy’s perfect score performances topping my list. This was SUCH a good jive. She was so sharp and precise, and again looked like a professional out there. While jives are very difficult and impressive to watch performed, they usually don’t top my list of favorites from the season. I usually tend to find other styles more memorable, which is why this ends up at 7 even though it probably deserves higher.

WALLY

This was such a fun and iconic Jive from Stacy. ❤️  Stacy had such strong and amazing kicks & flicks and leg retractions in her footwork throughout. I love the fun she had and brought here too. She was living her best life and sold this so well! I love the outfit change she did in the dance. I love all of their partnering dancing they do, which is so great. Although a part of that is kinda fun to see as she is taller than Tony there. :giggle: But I love those kicks & flicks! And that split she does. :wub: There have been a number of "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" Jives to come on the show after this but none will ever compare to this one for me. Don’t @ me.

I hope people (aka Diana) don’t come at me for this ~low ranking. I apologize for that. I do LOVE this dance but I just happen to love a few other dances more.

ALEX

Lol Stacy & Tony visiting the troops is such a random intro and had nothing to do with anything with that dance . :dead: Queen of making middle america vote for her . :wub: One of Stacy's sexiest dances ever. That dance was very close to going off the rails, but she remained in control and it never did!

ELLIOTT

Meh.

• *Amanda changed the title to The DWTS Dances (Mini) Rankdown (SEASON 2, #10-9 POSTED)
  • *Amanda changed the title to The DWTS Dances (Mini) Rankdown (SEASON 2, #10-5 POSTED)

Oooh so it was Stacy’s Tango that Elliott tanked at #20. Interesting he thought that was Stacy’s biggest threat to win, as I was thinking that 3-4 other routines are bigger threats to win. But yeah I am fine with Stacy’s Tango coming in at 10th as that was my least fave of her dances in the Top 10.

Pleased with Drew’s Rumba coming in 9th. Great dance from Drew.

Well done to Tia’s Tango coming in at 8th. As I said, this was easily my favorite non Stacy and Drew dance, and I feel that’s the case with a lot of us, so i am glad this dance succeeded in that goal.

Danggg all the way to the Top 7 and we’re at 7.62. Dangg these scores are going to be so tight. :omg: Wow lots of really great and high rankings from a lot of us for this Drew Tango. Fantastic dance for sure!

Whoa Stacy’s Jive coming in 6th really surprised me. 😮 I expected this to rank higher than her Rumba for sure and maybe one of her Sambas. 😮 No doubt this is an amazing dance and I do really love it a ton. ❤️ I think I am surprised with Chris’ ranking here for some reason, haha. Oh and I also expected this to be Diana’s #1, so her ranking surprised me too.

So this Top 5 has 3 Stacy dances and 2 Drew dances. Loving how tight the competition is between them, like on the real show. ❤️

CONGRATS TO THE SEASON 2 TOP 5

Stacy & Tony - "I'm Like a Bird" (Rumba)

Stacy & Tony - "Bootylicious" (Samba)

Drew & Cheryl - "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" (Freestyle)

Drew & Cheryl - "Thriller" (Paso Doble) [Reprise]

Stacy & Tony - "Livin' La Vida Loca" (Samba)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

So Cell Block Tango wasn’t a threat? :dead:

UH NO? :dead: 

56 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

You really thought people loved it more than her Sambas when there's constantly "Samba Queen" posts in reference to Stacy? :dead: 

LMAOO Right? That + her Jive.... I thought those were the biggest threats. :haha: 

39 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Me rn:

mr rogers clown GIF

Elliott never being able to tank properly. :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

ICONIC Top 5! :wub: 

I also realized this Top 5 are my all in Top 5 dances! :omg: I think I am the only one to hold this honor, so I will certainly brag about this. :giggle:  :ohyeah: 

8 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Totally forgot which one I ranked at #1 :dead: