Pikachu - Top 20

Meganium

Florges

Lapras

Alolan Marowak

Alolan Ninetales - Top 20

Flygon

CFH3xnJ.png

Everyone can now make their cuts from Group A and Group B.

You have until Wednesday 16:00 ET to post your two cuts with Write-Ups. 

Since these are Final Cuts NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GIVEN.

CUTS WITHOUT WRITE-UPS WILL NOT BE VALID. CUTS AT 16:01 ET WILL NOT BE VALID. RANDOMIZER WILL COME INTO PLAY IF THERE ARE CUTS MISSING AFTER THE DEADLINE.

@Solaris @Steven_ @hayden98 @FrogLenzen @totes4totes@1234567890 @NGM 

Mewtwo

Mewtwo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

He is still as popular as he was in the last rankdown.  I am cutting him because I want Silvally to be the last legendary pokemon standing.  Mewtwo is a Gen 1 psychic type legendary pokemon.  The first  legendary ever. He got some love with some mega evolutions later in the series.  I will happily eliminate Mewtwo for you all since you so kindly left him vulnerable.  I don’t really think he’d be a threat to win the rankdown, so I wouldn’t be too worried about him advancing to the finals, I moreso just don’t want him to be the last legendary standing.  So with that, bye bye!

• Sad 1

Lapras

Lapras GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Sorry Steven!  Lapras has to go.  Lapras is a water and ice dual type pokemon.  Lapras has a big role in the anime when Ash had one on his team during the Orange Islands.  I believe he released it after.  Lapras is a solid pokemon, and probably the only good ice type pokemon from the first gen.  That said it was never my go to water type pokemon,  so  it never found its way on one of my end game teams.  That said its gigantamax form from Gen 8 is very pretty.  I don't really have anything else to say about it.  It had a great run!

• Sad 1

Arcanine

Best Arcanine GIFs | Gfycat

Arcanine, the Legendary Pokemon! Obviously they invented that descriptor before really landing on what a Legendary Pokemon was actually defined as, but that's okay. Arcanine is one of the most popular Pokemon of all time, as can be observed by the fact that it was the runner-up for IDF's First Pokemon Rankdown! I think it only lost because one ranker tanked it at #20 or something lol. Arcanine is from the beloved Gen I, and was the only dog Pokemon from that generation. The first dog Pokemon?? Not a surprise that it became massively popular. It evolves from Growlithe by using a Fire Stone, and was the counterpart to Ninetales. Growlithe was found in Pokemon Red, and Vulpix was found in Pokemon Blue. Pokemon Red is obviously superior because it has Oddish, but I will admit that I am much much much more of a Ninetales fan than Arcanine.  It is pure fire type and like with most stone evolutions it doesn't learn any moves by level-up. It get Extremespeed when you evolve it, though, which is pretty baller. Extremespeed was the signature move of Arcanine until Gen III. Bulbapedia tells me that originally Arcanine was known as "Blaze" and I can't decide if that's cool or not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Alolan Marowak

Latest Marowak GIFs | Gfycat

Being such a huge Gengar and Cubone fan, I can only assume that Dee likes Alolan Marowak very much. So apologies to Dee!!! I've said it before in this thread, but Alolan Marowak is not really my favorite. I think Ghost Marowak is a brilliant concept especially considering the Marowak storyline from the original Pokemon Red/Blue games. But the addition of fire type is kind of weird for me. Seems like just something they did to try to make it Hawaii themed. Also, I don't like when regional forms are just the evolution. Where is Alolan Cubone? Where is Alolan Exeggcute? Not a total dealbreaker, but enough for me to feel fine about it missing out on our Top 20. In the Alola region, you can evolve Cubones of any origin at night to get Alolan Marowak. So basically it dies when you evolve it, hahahaha. Anyway, Alolan Marowak is a great type combo even though we saw it in Gen V with Litwick. Definitely better than the scary firework ultra beast that is fire/ghost type, so that's nice. Alolan Marowak has a signature move: Shadow Bone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC said:

I’m obsessed with Victoria always threatening warnings and bannings :rofl::wub:

excited to see who the top 20 end up being :shiftywave:

I’ve never actually given any. The warnings are jokes and I remove right after or the same day. :dead: