Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

14 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

she still doesnt get it GIF by America's Next Top Model

Coming into a thread he's not even apart of just to give his two cents that nobody asked for. :dead:

Coming from the girl who tags me ten times per day everywhere else! And Sola always appreciates my two cents. :giggle: 

Just now, hayden98 said:

Oof. Is the Gallade option any better? The only other option I can think of from group 2 is maybe Snorlax since I really love everyone else. 🤔

I would prefer gallade and snorlax cut over the other two but the power is in your hands!

6 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Coming from the girl who tags me ten times per day everywhere else! And Sola always appreciates my two cents. :giggle: 

I doubt it. 🙂

The only place you get tagged in is in the American Idol game so simmer down before I do it for you. 

Girl Fire GIF by MOODMAN

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I would prefer gallade and snorlax cut over the other two but the power is in your hands!

I'm going to think over the next thirty minutes while I get to a stopping point with my work and then figure things out. 👍

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I doubt it. 🙂

The only place you get tagged in is in the American Idol game so simmer down before I do it for you. 

Girl Fire GIF by MOODMAN

I wanna be tagged in an american idol game :( 

Just now, hayden98 said:

I'm going to think over the next thirty minutes while I get to a stopping point with my work and then figure things out. 👍

gardevoir is just an inferior hatterene!  You should cut it :P 

Gallade

Mega Gallade Feat 3 GIF by NuzlockeMaster | Gfycat

This took a lot of thinking, but I've ultimately decided that Gallade is my first cut this round. Gardevoir, you've got another chance to make the top 20. Gallade was added to the Ralts evolutionary line in Gen IV, evolving from Kirlia when you give a male individual a dawn stone. Gallade later received a mega evolution. I know I've talked about being iffy on a lot of humanoid Pokemon, but for whatever reason, Gallade and Gardevoir (and Ralts/Kirlia to a lesser extent) have never bothered me. Anyways, Gallade is a fighting and psychic type who has excellent physical attack (a rarity among psychic types, methinks) and special defense. When he mega evolves, his speed is equally as impressive. One thing that I've always liked about Gallade is the variety of moves that they're capable of learning. I recall Gallade having access to moves such as leaf blade, night slash, psycho cut, and close combat, all of which are great physical attacks. One interesting tidbit about Gallade is that its attack stats are the reverse of Gardevoir's. Gallade's name comes from gallant, blade, and possibly ballad, while its Japanese name, Erureido, comes from elbow (where its blade comes from), earl (a British nobility rank), blade, and iaido, which is a form of Japanese swordsmanship. Believe me, this cut was agonzing to make, but only twenty Pokemon can advance beyond this round and Gallade wasn't one of my priorities this year. A huge congrats to them for making it so far though!

Greninja

Ash Greninja GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm sorry in advance to all of Greninja's fans! When I was looking at group 2's Pokemon, I saw a bunch of Pokemon that I really love and a few top favorites of people. I know Greninja is generally popular, but I don't recall it being anyone's top favorite. Its popularity is admittedly somewhat concerning to me so this is partially a strategic move as well. Anyways, Greninja is the final evolution of Gen VI's water type starter, Froakie. It's a water and dark type, which is a really freaking awesome combination and has the distinction of having an alternate form in Ash-Greninja. Greninja has pretty good stats, being something of a glass cannon, and these traits are further pushed when becoming Ash-Greninja (having a whopping 640 base stat total - wow). Another wicked awesome thing I just noticed is Greninja's shiny, which is a sleak black with silvery and light blue high lights, perfect for Greninja's rogue style. Greninja draws inspiration from horned frogs and ninjas and it's name is a combination of ninja and the french word for frogs, grenouille (which makes sense considering Kalos is France). Greninja's Japanese name, Gekkouga, combines geko (croak), and Koga-ryu, while also references gekko (moonlight) as a reference to ninjas running through the night. Again, I'm super sorry to Greninja's fans, especially Derek as I know you wanted me to consider swapping, but ultimately I feel like Greninja is the right choice to eliminate here. Congrats on making it this far, Greninja!

• Sad 1

Butterfree

250px-012Butterfree.png

I'm not a huge fan of the early bug types you encounter in most regions, and Butterfree is not exception. They have very limited use in-game (they have the advantage of growing super fast exp wise and you can evolve them easily), but they get outclassed stat and type wise at around level 20-25 so beyond that you are making the game harder to yourself most of the time. Butterfree was the first example (along with Beedrill) for this archetype. You can get a fully evolved pokemon in Butterfree at level 10, which has to be one of the lowest levels to get a 3rd stage of a line, if not the lowest. It has a very low BST at 395 (used to be lower pre-gen VI), with Sp Attack being the highest at 90. It's ability is useful to boost its support usage by making it more accurate, and the hidden ability is not bad either. There are stronger bug or flying pokemon that have come out since then, and even back then it never interested me enough to use it for that long, so yeah, easy cut for me.

• Like 1

YxquuQd.png

Group A

Typhlosion

Aurorus

Crobat

Gardevoir

Volcarona

Charizard - Top 20

Caterpie

Dragonite - Top 20

Eevee

Lucario

Milotic

Scizor - Top 20

Gallade

Arcanine

Stoutland

Mewtwo

Vaporeon

Group B

Mew - Top 20

Infernape

Togepi

Sceptile

Snorlax

Espeon

Butterfree

Weavile

Noivern

Silvally

Greninja

Pikachu - Top 20

Meganium

Florges

Lapras

Alolan Marowak

Alolan Ninetales - Top 20

Flygon

Cuts from Group A left: Nico, Victoria and Megan

Cuts from Group B left: Victoria and Megan

Caterpie

250px-010Caterpie.png

image.png.5056a0e50ec48c826eb16395e0dff61d.png
I randomized between Caterpie, Vaporeon and Gardevoir for my final cut and this what it landed on. What I said about Butterfree can be echoed for Caterpie since it's how you originally encounter it in the game (unless you went for Metapod first in which case ?????? just do Caterpie first and get that Tackle LMAO), and you will probably evolve it in record time since it evolves into Metapod at level 7, and then into Butterfree at level 10. It's stats are low LOW (HP and Speed are the highest at 45, BST is 195), it has actually the lowest BST from Gen I with Weedle (which was beaten by Sunkern with 180 and then by Wishiwashi with 175). It also doesn't learn that many moves (3 from just levels, 1 from TRs) so it's almost needed to evolve it so it remains useful in a competitive sense. So yeah, not a fan of it and well, bad luck in the randomizer ig.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

I still have 6 hours right? I’ll make my cut when I get to work!

i thought he was giving 36 hours for this round, so you might have more time then that still if needed!