Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

CgcnoRW.png

Tyra Banks: I have 5 photos in my hands. These 5 photos represent the 5 of you that will remain in the competition in the hopes of winning Pokémon Snap. The other will go home. The first name I will call is...

giphy.gif

Tyra Banks: Eevee, congratulations you are still in the running to Pokémon Snap. The next name I'm going to call is...

giphy.gif

Tyra Banks: Charizard, congratulations you are still in the running to Pokémon Snap. The next name I'm going to call is...

tumblr_ojvquoTSjD1rpn9eno1_500.gifv

Tyra Banks: Florges, congratulations you are still in the running to Pokémon Snap. The next name I'm going to call is...

abee0fc1e685e6ecad60cd507a9cf6b5.gif

Tyra Banks: Pikachu, congratulations you are still in the running to Pokémon Snap. Will Togepi and Hatterene please step forward? I only have photo left in my hand and Pokémon still in the to win Pokémon Snap is...

TanLittleBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif

Tyra Banks: Togepi, congratulations you are still in the running to win Pokémon Snap. Hatterene,

tenor.gif?itemid=7691487

• Haha 4

Hatterene

96px-858Hatterene.png96px-858Hatterene-Gigantamax.png

Hatterene is the second to last Gen VIII standing Pokémon which means no matter what cut @hayden98 makes, Grookey will be the victor for Gen VIII. Let's give a big round of applause to Grookey. 👏 So Hatterene is a dual-type Psychic/Fairy Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII.It evolves from Hattrem starting at level 42. It is the final form of Hatenna. Hatterene has a Gigantamax form which is the second graphic shown above. Hatterene is known as the Silent Pokémon. It was almost silent enough to make the finals, but not quite. Hatterene is described as a small humanoid Pokémon with a thin, white body. Its head is round, has a small mouth, narrow black eyes with white pupils, and two elliptical pink markings over each of its eyes resembling eyelashes or eyebrows. Hatterene made it's debut in Pokémon Sword and Shield. I haven't played the game so I have no attachment to it at all. Congrats on making the Top 40, but Grookey is the last tribute fron District 8, I mean Gen VIII.

Congrats to Grookey being the last Gen VIII standing! That being said, it's journey ends here since I refuse to cut my bugs or Vaporeon and I give Typhlosion the edge between the two. I'll get the write up in shortly!

• Like 1

All Gen VIII have been eliminated from the game!!!

No one obtained the Galarian Title!

Cuts Needed: 22

Hayden - 20 Cuts

Victoria - 15 Cuts

Derek - 15 Cuts

Bk - 14 Cuts

Steven - 13 Cuts

Nico - 11 Cuts

Dee - 8 Cuts

Sola - 7 Cuts

Megan - 5 Cuts

Grookey

Latest Grookey GIFs | Gfycat

Here's our Gen VIII champion! I admittedly did not care one way or another for Grookey when Gen VIII first came out, but at this point, I think next time I pick up SWSH, I may end up choosing Grookey as my starter. Grookey is the grass starter of those games and evolves to Thwackey and later Rillaboom. As with most (if not all) starters, Grookey has pretty good stats for a base evolution, being particularly noteworthy in its physical attack and speed stats. Grookey is thought to have been based on squirrel monkeys or macaques, who show a behavior in drumming objects similarly to how Grookey's evolutionary line does. Grookey's English name comes from the words groove and monkey, while their Japanese name, Sarunori, comes from saru (monkey) and nori (excitement or rhythm). Sorry to all the Grookey fans out there, but this is still pretty impressive! A huge congrats to Grookey beating out all the other Gen VIII Pokemon!

ALOLAN SANDSLASH

tumblr_pb3iqeQs9H1rd4ymxo7_500.gifv

Classified as the Mouse Pokémon, Alolan Sandslash is a dual Ice and Steel type regional form introduced in Gen VII. Alolan Sandshrew evolves into Alolan Sandslash when exposed to an Ice Stone. According to the Pokédex, this is Sandslash's form after adapting to a frigid environment. The cold air sharpens its spikes, and it develops very sharp claws too. These claws make Alolan Sandslash capable of climbing up icebergs without slipping. In addition, no other Pokémon is faster than Alolan Sandslash when it comes to running through snowy mountains. As for battles, no other Pokémon has the dual Ice and Steel typing, making Alolan Sandslash and Alolan Sandshrew unique in that regard. As well, Alolan Sandslash has very high Defense and Attack stats. Its Special Attack stat is very low, so a trainer will be better off teaching only physical attack to Alolan Sandslash. Its Speed stat could be better, but Alolan Sandslash is a good enough Pokémon for any trainer's team. I actually do like Alolan Sandslash and thinks its Alolan design is one of the better regional forms of these variety of Pokémon. However, Alolan Sandslash isn't an all-time favorite of mine, and I do like the other Pokémon I'm eligible to cut this round better. Sorry to any fans, but out goes Alolan Sandlash from the rankdown. Congrats to Alolan Sandslash for lasting this long though!

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 17 Posted