Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Sawsbuck

Image result for sawsbuck gif

Sawsbuck, the "Season" Pokemon, is a normal grass dual type. It is the evolved form of Deerling at level 34. Sawsbuck has 4 different forms. In Gen V they introduced seasons in the game, and Sawsbuck changes its appearance depending on the season. But once you catch it, it doesn't change unless it's in your party when the season change happens. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. I think Autumn form is the best. Interesting that there are no gender differences. The females all have big horns like the males. But anyway, since Gamefreak is a mess, they got rid of seasons after Gen V. Yes, that's right, they introduced it for one Gen only. So you can only catch the spring form and you have to transfer the other forms from your old game. SO LAME. In Pokemon Go, each form is totally separate and the Deerling matching your season is the only one that spawns. So yeah, if you're like me and you want ever form and every gender, you need like 400 effing Deerling candy to make that happen. And I can never find Deerlings anywhere. Bye, this thing has been mishandled. 

Save Braixen for being in Pokken

Stantler

Image result for stantler gif

Stantler is a normal type Pokemon introduced during Generation II. The most significant thing I can recall about Stantler is that the anime's Santa Claus utilized many Stantler to pull his sleigh. It has pretty good stats all around, with its defenses being a touch bit lacking. It's moveset is actually pretty good, with it learning normal, ghost, psychic, and fighting moves naturally. One last tidbit is that Stantler's in game location for the Johto games references Nara, Japan, where many tamed deer roam freely. Sorry if anyone is sad to see Stantler go, but I feel like this is a fair spot.

Saving Butterfree.

Edited by hayden98

16 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Battle Factory Nominations 

279px-Battle_Factory_E.png

Slowbro 

Farfecht'd

Haunter

Seadra***

Ledian

Cleffa

Mareep***

Flaafy

Murkrow

Archen***

Toxapex***

This set has only 17 Pokemon as Mareep was nominated twice. This means the last ranker standing will only get to do a cut.

Mareep

tenor.gif?itemid=5380694

Oh, the poor thing was nominated twice. :unsure:  It’s unfortunate that Mareep showed up here as I actually quite like the Pokémon. It has very cute little eyes and its wool looks so nice and cuddly. However, since this opportunity was handed to me, I just HAD to take it. :giggle: Mareep was introduced in Gen 2 and has Static as its regular ability, which is quite annoying. However, its cuteness allowed it to bypass that trivial annoyance. Overall, Mareep is a Pokémon that I would have saved, had this been under different circumstances. Now I feel bad for it, so maybe Mareep will get lucky and be revived. 🤷‍♂️ 

Save: Toxapex

Edited by Bk1234

Battle Factory Nominations 

279px-Battle_Factory_E.png

Slowbro 

Farfecht'd

Haunter

Seadra***

Ledian

Cleffa

Flaafy

Murkrow

Archen***

This set has only 17 Pokemon as Mareep was nominated twice. This means the last ranker standing will only get to do a cut.

Seadra

Image result for Seadra gif

Seadra is a water pokemon and the middle evolution of the Horsea line.  I didn't mind using Seadra in the first gen when it was one of the only options.  In the later generations (Gen 2 and onward) if you traded while holding the dragon scale, it would evolve into Kingdra.  Now Kingdra gave Seadra everything it needed to be competitive.  It gave it swift swim as a potential ability and it gave it the dragon typing.  We aren't talking about Kingdra though.  Seadra was a perfectly viable team member.  I just prefered either Blastoise or Starmie as my go to Gen 1 water type.

Save: Archen

Edited by Solaris

Cleffa

250px-173Cleffa.png

There are a few pokemon left that I would happily cut, but I’m currently in the mood to cut bad gimmicks and that’s an accurate definition for baby pokemon. They serve no purpose but to be pokedex filler, and are super annoying to get in some cases. Cleffa is hardly the worst of them, but it’s still a pretty good representation of baby pokemon: cute af, good for nothing. It evolves into Clefairy and then into Clefable, 2 meh pokemon in their own right that only have some relevance thanks to the anime and them getting the fairy typing. Tough luck bc I don’t think it’s the worst one left, but someone nominated it so it was fair game.

Save Flaafy

Edited by NGM

7 minutes ago, NGM said:

Cleffa

[pic later]

There are a few pokemon left that I would happily cut, but I’m currently in the mood to cut bad gimmicks and that’s an accurate definition for baby pokemon. They serve no purpose but to be pokedex filler, and are super annoying to get in some cases. Cleffa is hardly the worst of them, but it’s still a pretty good representation of baby pokemon: cute af, good for nothing. Tough luck bc I don’t think it’s the worst one left, but someone nominated it so it was fair game.

Save Flaafy

89 words