Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

raw

Natu

Natu is congratulating you all for getting it this far when I've nominated and tried to get it cut in previous rounds. Natu is a psychic/flying type Pokemon in Gen II that I originally liked a lot for being a really accessible psychic type Pokemon early in the game and being useful for evolving in Xatu but it really doesn't hold up as well to me in later games/generations/as years pass/etc. I also think it's like both weirdly cute and terrifically ugly. Simultaneously. I know it's an early route unevolved Pokemon but its stats are not great and also do not lend confidence that they will get better. As a psychic type considering the move pool you would hope that it would have either a higher Special Attack or evolving into a higher Special Attack and it really has neither. With a SpAtk of 70 and a Speed of 70, it's incredibly mediocre.

Better than Swablu though.

tenor.gif?itemid=10592373

Marill (AKA Pikablu)

Marill is a cutie but also useless. It's also less cute than its baby predecessor Azurill and doesn't have the same kind of beach ball Easter Bunny energy as Azumarill. Also I think it's gotten more oval shaped in later gens and I think it's far cuter as a big circle. Bring back fat Pokemon @ Gamefreak because they are so cute. Anyway, Marill is like the Gen II Pikachu variant though less useful and less iconic and really the only one of the various "Pikachu clones" that doesn't have an electric typing. I mean I guess Pichu is really the Pikachu family representative in this gen but Marill feels so much more stereotypical of it despite the water/fairy typing. Maybe it's because I still remember when it was called Pikablu. ALSO. Because Azurill have a 75% chance to be female and Marill's gender ratio is 50:50 that means that 1 in 3 female Azurills evolve into male Marills prior to Gen VI where this was kind of fixed. FASCINATING. This along with Gender Neutral Mime. Pokemon was really trailblazing gender barriers. 

TerribleSparseDunlin-size_restricted.gif

Primeape

It wasn't my choice to nominate nor eliminate Primeape. But for some reason people had to Pokeball Umbreon who was a clear safe choice to win the battle to f*ck me over I guess. So I will note that down and make sure that I now remember this for the rest of my days. Didn't even nominate a favorite Eevee-lution or another favorite Gen I Pokemon of a certain rankers. SMH. Anyway, I love Primeape who is in short a mean ape. Because when you boil down all my traits you can describe me the same way. It's a Gen I fighting Pokemon and its pre-evolved form Mankey is a SAVIOR to all Pokemon Yellow players who had to have Pikachu in their fight against Brock and quickly learn that Electric does nothing and neither did quick attack. But Butterfree and Mankey got me through that battle so I've always held a soft spot for the evolutionary line. Primeape was a Pokemon of Ash's who wore his hat (ICONIC) and then Ash was like "Primeape you need to go and live your best life fighting." When will I be allowed to do the SAME????

12 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

TerribleSparseDunlin-size_restricted.gif

Primeape

It wasn't my choice to nominate nor eliminate Primeape. But for some reason people had to Pokeball Umbreon who was a clear safe choice to win the battle to f*ck me over I guess. So I will note that down and make sure that I now remember this for the rest of my days. Didn't even nominate a favorite Eevee-lution or another favorite Gen I Pokemon of a certain rankers. SMH. 

It wasn't to eff you over?  I needed both Umbreon and Swablu to stay.  You know that I know your favorites too.  If I was trying to do that I could have thrown any of them up there.

Edited by Solaris

Kadabra

My fiance and I have been counting down the days to our wedding using  Pokemon. Today is #64, Kadabra. - Album on Imgur

Kadabra is a Gen 1 pokemon, and one of the three I have to do a write up on this round.  Kadabra is the evolved form of Abra (who I believe I also cut, don't quote me on that).  It is the pre-evolution to Alakazam (which you get when you trade away Kadabra).  Kadabra also happenes to be the last standing from this line of pokemon in this rankdown.  Pretty sure that was Alakazam in the last rankdown.  Eitherway, Kadabra does nothing for me.  In Gen 1 I usually opted for a Starmie as my psychic type, as Abra was too elusive with its teleport.  Kadabra was a great pokemon in Gen 1, all psychic types were.  It was a valuable asset to any team.  There's so many choices now-a-days that you don't need an Abra evolution in your line up.  

Golduck

Pokemon Golduck GIF - Pokemon Golduck Hyper - Discover & Share GIFs

As I have said earlier in the week, I dislike the Psyduck line.  I know theres fans of psyduck himself, but no one that I knew was a big Golduck fan, so he seemed like a safe cut.  That said, I feel like at one time, they probably had flipped names.  It just makes sense in my mind.  Golduck is a gen 1 water type pokemon, as I have already indicated not one of the ones I prefer to have on my team.  I will take Blastoise, Starmie or even Seadra from gen 1 over it.  Golduck has a solid BST of 500, and pretty averaging skills across the board.  His Special attack and speed are stand outs though.  You could use him, but why?

Wigglytuff

S01e71 wigglytuff anime GIF - Find on GIFER

Much like Golduck, Wigglytuff is a victim of a pokemon line I just do not like.  I don't like the baby, middle or end evolutions.  Its only out of respect that I didn't put Jigglypuff up instead.  Wigglytuff was originally a normal type pokemon.  This changed in Gen 6 when Fairy came out.  Unlike the Clefairy line, Wiggytuffs type didn't change form Normal to Fairy, it gained Fairy and became a dual typing.   Its a great type combination as it gained immunity to Ghost and Dragon, and resistance to bug and Dark.  It only has 2 weaknesses.  Wigglytuff excel's with its large hit point pool.  It fails in most other areas besides Special Attack.  It can take a hit and dish hit.  I can see it being a worthy addition to a team, just not one of mine.

Golurk

8f4.gif

I swear I remember cutting this Pokémon... 🤔🤣 Maybe I was just thinking of Golett though. I guess it just goes to show how easily the Pokémon blends in with the crowd. :yes: Gen 5 is one of the least original generations in terms of Pokémon designs, and this Regi clone is a prime example of that. I mean come on, now that I’ve mentioned it you’ve GOT to see the resemblance. Maybe...? 🤔 As many of you know, I am not a fan of the Regis so it should come as no surprise that I’m also not a fan of Golurk. It’s just a bunch of material stuck together with some child coloring on it. I didn’t even remember that it could fly around like a rocket until I searched for a GIF. 🤣 Well, that should be 100 or more words (are you happy @.Rei? :/) so bye bye Golurk. 👋 

Edited by Bk1234

Genesect

6a80c09a7e33019cbca91142bc22adeccfe82d35

Another Gen 5 design that I don’t get or understand? What a surprise, time to go to the wiki brb. :/ 
Apparently, Genesect is a Bug (sorry @hayden98) and Steel type Pokémon that has four other forms that change the type of the move Techno Blast (ok, ENOUGH with the bootleg Arceus clones!!!!!) This Pokemon is also a mythical, which I guess makes sense because I remember watching the movie. 😅 In terms of the design, this thing really has no redeeming qualities. I guess it’s supposed to be an alien bug which isn’t really the most attractive look. 😅 I guess I can see how some (especially little kids) would find it cool though. 🤷‍♂️ Unfortunately, it looks like I’m going to have to disappoint those little kids by squashing this little bug alien thing (I haven’t learned anything from the wiki have I? 🤦‍♂️

Beheeyem

tumblr_lwd8urLOr81qd87hlo1_500.gif

Didn’t I just write 100 words about an alien?! 😒 Well, I guess it’s time for the sequel. 😄 Beheeyem pretty much looks like your stereotypical alien (though I’m sure someone will kindly explain that there’s more to the design... 😅), which was definitely a turn-off. However, there was also this really creepy episode in the Unova anime where Beheeyem was featured. I don’t remember but I think Beheeyem was evil or something, which is probably why I’m so against this design lol. 🤣 It’s a shame that this thing had to ruin the line as Elgyem (I had to look up that spelling :lmao:)  is actually quite cute. Anyway, I’m glad to have eradicated two aliens from this earth. 👽