The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0

Elliott

8 minutes ago, #jeah said:

S12 is weird because the cast is amazing and lots of really strong competitors, but there isn’t enough drama for me to really love it plus the weird editing due to SP makes for more points against it for me.

Yeah but Jaida Essence Hall

11 minutes ago, #jeah said:

S12 is weird because the cast is amazing and lots of really strong competitors, but there isn’t enough drama for me to really love it plus the weird editing due to SP makes for more points against it for me.

Yeah the SP edit is what keeps it from being a top-tier season for me. 

Sonique (Season 2 + Holi-Slay Spectacular)

oS8sSZZWINMCYjk5NMLf1lJYzGTM9_B6NJWHP6Yf

200.gif

tumblr_pjequ67P3O1wga93eo2_400.gifv

tumblr_lx5joquVAq1qhh6xjo1_400.gif

tumblr_pjequ67P3O1wga93eo9_r1_500.gifv

"She showed up looking like Holiday Heart."

Kylie "Sonique" Love, better known as Sonique while on RPDR, definitely did not have the strongest run on Season 2. Her first week in the competition is okay. She has one of the better Curtain Couture looks, but definitely not worthy of a high placement. Sonique does much better with Starbootylicious the following week because she is a phenomenal dancer and particularly sexy. But she hates selling cherry pies because who wouldn't hate selling cherry pies. The way she talks to the people on the street is hilarious. LOL. For her attitude, Sonique receives a low placement, despite the praise for her performance in Starbootylicious. Not gonna lie though, her High-Class Drag look is not my favorite. Sonique is then forced to endure the Country Queens acting challenge and the terrible runway that accompanied it. Her performance as Auntie and her runway are serviceable. Her final week in the competition comes at the hands of Snatch Game. That Lady Gaga impersonation is absolutely horrible. Consequently, she lands in the bottom despite serving her best runway look yet. Sonique lip-syncs against Morgan McMichales in one of the most legendary lip-syncs to this very day. Probably the first lip-sync that showed us how entertaining they could be to watch. Sonique went home though for being a bit too gymnastics-heavy in her approach. On the reunion, Sonique emotional revealed to us that she is transgender and that this contributed to her attitude while on the show. Because you know. Producers kept her away from hormone treatments. LOL.

Sonique underwent a full transition after the show and continued to grow and impress as a performer. She made a fun return for the Holi-Slay Spectacular, which was like a stupid promotional tool for RuPaul. yet Sonique slayed this episode hard. Her looks. Her performances. Sonique returned in her best form to demand a spot on All-Stars. Luckily, All-Stars 6 will bless us with a Sonique return. Totally happy to see her come back kick ass.

SAVING: Tammie Brown for acting sea walking children in nature

• Sad 1

Just now, Elliott said:

Sonique using that Holi-Slay Spectacular as an audition for a future All Stars season. :wub: Legends only. :wub:

Me before watching the episode: "RuPaul is just using her as a tool to get the heat off his back for being trans exclusionary."

Me after watching the episode: "RUPAUL PLEASE USE HER. PLEASE CAST HER FOR ALL-STARS."

• Confused 1

Just now, Deeee said:

Me before watching the episode: "RuPaul is just using her as a tool to get the heat off his back for being trans exclusionary."

Me after watching the episode: "RUPAUL PLEASE USE HER. PLEASE CAST HER FOR ALL-STARS."

Same :dead:

• Haha 1

What is the front page updated until? It shows Sonique is still in. Hopefully these nominations are still avail...

Tyra Sanchez

Stacy Layne Matthews

Sharon Needles

Coco Montrese

Eureka

Widow Von'Du

The Vivienne

Trixie Mattel

The Vixen

Adore Delano

Edited by JC

Tyra Sanchez/James Ross (Season 2)

tenor.gif?itemid=10125835

tenor.gif?itemid=9578964

Mf4W.gif

f5d76ce768b3bc0fac21c0e266566114.gif

"Beyoncé is just like me."

Tyra Sanchez is the former drag persona of James Ross, the winner of Season Two. Honestly. These noms suck, but there are at least opportunities to cut some crappy individuals. James being one of them. James has clearly battled many hardships in his life. Homelessness. Being a young parent. What seems to me to be mental health issues. I really do feel for what James has encountered in his life, but his behavior off the show has been entirely reprehensible. 

Like starting a Kickstarter campaign for a documentary that would follow his life as a drag queen and parent. Far surpassing his monetary goal. Then not returning any of the money and not producing the documentary. Publicly spreading a rumor that Morgan McMichaels was dead because he did not like her and wanted to promote his SoundCloud account and the upcoming release of his spoken word EP. leaking Tatianna's phone number publicly. Physically threatening Tatianna, Phi Phi O'Hara, and some of their fans online. Then threatening to cause serious harm at DragCon, which resulted in his banning from the event. Not to mention years of violent and racist tirades against many of his fellow sisters, including Raja, etc.

Tyra Sanchez disappeared from the social media and drag world for a bit of time. James returned issuing an apology for his past behavior and hoping to turn over a new leaf. I was really hoping for the best for him and wanted him to right his wrongs and succeed. James decided to quit drag and drop the person of Tyra Sanchez for mental health reasons. Quickly after that, James went right back to his old ways. Leaking Raven's phone number publicly. Engaging in a ton of really toxic tirades on social media again. Coming for fellow queens. Just a lot of horrible stuff. 

It makes talking about James really difficult. Because though pretty nasty on the show, James received a ton of racist hate from the fandom for so long that he understandably has had a difficult time navigating life, social media, etc. But he also has used stuff like this as an excuse for his deplorable behavior as well. James is just very troubled, and I really hope that one day he can find true healing.

SAVING: Adore Delano