Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

22 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Love “Die Young” and very happy that it made it into the Top 5. :wub: Although lol I am surprised Gigi only ranked it #5 with me/Lily/Denise all ranking it higher (but I’m glad she fought so hard for it). 

I wanted it to make it to the end. :wub: When my other jams ended up making it as well, that made me end up ranking it at 5th.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ooooh i didn't even notice this. 😮 Well done there Denise. :hug: 

Thank you. ❤️ It is so unexpected for my ranking that nobody even noticed. lol 😢 

18 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@miss denise killing it in the final rankings. Her Top 3 still intact within the Top 6? Whew!

AzBiw8O.gif

:wub::giggle: 

17 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I'm seriosuly glad @miss denise has finally had a good round because things were not going her way the last couple of rounds. :hug:

Aww thank you. ❤️ :hug: 

FINAL STANDINGS PART SEVEN

3. Tik Tok (2009, prod. by Benny Blanco + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Benny Blanco + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: Animal

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #1 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Decade-End Charts: #24 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Charts: #56 (Single)

US Billboard Pop Songs (1992-2017): #13 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #14 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #11 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #1 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #2 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 8x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tik_Tok_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 21

Gigi: 13

Elliott: 19

Andy: 1

Denise: 3

Lily: 2

Wally: 1

Derek: 14

Chris: 10

Victoria: 1

JC: 1

Kaley: 9

Final Average = 7.917

COMMENTS

One of the most instantly recognizable songs ever made. An iconic juggernaut of a single tbh. There is no denying the impact this song had on popular culture and the music industry, but it was always a song that low-key annoyed me beyond belief.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, *Wallace said:

7263b703-fcd2-46d4-879d-e2c8e7c2f8c3_250

“Tik Tok” has probably always been my favorite Ke$ha / Kesha song and it was definitely the song of hers the most addicted to. I’m certain this is the song that I heard the most from her too. This song is soooo fun and such a great party jam. :bobo: I’m already hooked to this right from that classic first line: 

e2b70f2d05a7ae2ecf4b46c2e57ea386.gif

Who doesn’t know this part? :bobo:

I love the part of the song (the first verse) where she repeats “toes,” “clothes” and “phones.” And then on the second verse with “crunk,” “junk” and “drunk.” It’s all sooo fun. :giggle: And that chorus always gets stuck in my head whenever I hear this. 

Don't stop, make it pop

DJ, blow my speakers up

Tonight, Imma fight

'Til we see the sunlight

TiK ToK, on the clock

But the party don't stop no

Whoa-oh oh oh

Whoa-oh oh oh

IT’S SO CAREFREE and FUN! :bobo: Then the other part I love is where she talks about dudes lining up with their swagger but she kicks them to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger. :dead:  I do hope this song ranks well on this Kesha rankdown. I do think this is one of her career defining songs and it deserves a high ranking so fingers crossed.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:34 PM, JC said:

iconic, honestly had a hard time ranking these top songs

On 9/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, *Lily said:

Birthing of a legend. What a way to put yourself on the map and become a superstar.

On 8/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, miss denise said:

Classic, iconic, debut single from Kesha.  I was obsessed with this song when it came out. "I'm talkin' pedicure on our toes, toes, tryin' on all our clothes, clothes, Boys blowin' up our phones, phones" :bobo:  And of course that catchy chorus! I'm sure we all heard this song a million times, but it always stands out to me as a favorite. And let's not forget - "Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in" :bobo:

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, FrogLenzen said:

I love all Kesha songs

On 8/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, taylorkat said:

This was a big song for her, but for me, it's just okay.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Elliott said:

I know it's iconic and all that, but it's always been one of my lesser favourites from Kesha so I hope it doesn't win. #choices if it does!

2. The Harold Song (2010, prod. by Ammo, written by Kesha Sebert + Ammo)

Extended Play: Cannibal

Cannibal_cover.jpg

US Billboard 200 (Billboard): #15 (EP)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (EP)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibal_(EP)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 11

Gigi: 11

Elliott: 2

Andy: 2

Denise: 16

Lily: 15

Wally: 8

Derek: 2

Chris: 1

Victoria: 5

JC: 6

Kaley: 10

Final Average = 7.417

COMMENTS

The Harold Song is an amazing song and might be my second favorite song of hers from her early career. I wish I was less committed to Rainbow and High Road so that I could have given this masterpiece an even higher ranking. Such a deserving runner-up.

tumblr_lp813xaNgE1qfxq87o1_500.gif

I am glad Elliott fought so hard and always advanced “The Harold Song” because this is a great song from Ke$ha and my favorite album track from her. This was the first slower and more serious sounding song I heard from Ke$ha and it definitely surprised me. I do love how she sings this song - with so much vulnerability in the verses and the chorus. I do really love the chorus - with both how she sings it and the music/beat kicks up with that hard hitting sound.

love this too

Definitely more of a raw sound for Ke$ha in her earlier days, and it works really well.

Good song.

The one exception to me ranking everything from Rainbow and High Road at the top because The Harold Song is truly #thatbitch. Even the critics who thought Kesha couldn't sing live were shook by this ballad. Queen.

The lyrics of this chorus really stick out to me. "The life is fading from me while you watch my heart bleed, Young love, murder, that is what this this must be" :broken:  I really like this, but I like a lot of others more, so it ends up here.

1. Praying (2017, prod. by Jon Castelli + Ryan Lewis, written by Kesha Sebert + Andrew Joslyn + Ben Abraham + Ryan Lewis)

Album: Rainbow

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #22 (Single)

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #17 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #6 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #14 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #9 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praying_(song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 1

Gigi: 1

Elliott: 1

Andy: 14

Denise: 1

Lily: 4

Wally: 4

Derek: 1

Chris: 3

Victoria: 8

JC: 9

Kaley: 1

Final Average = 4.000

COMMENTS

A truly show-stopping moment in music. A triumph. A journey. An embrace. This song is truth, honesty, hope, rage, anger, forgiveness, growth. A song for the human experience. The most flawless winner. I'm so proud.

tumblr_osqj0fcadW1spkzgko1_500.gif

“Praying” was the first song that I heard from Kesha from quite a few years. We all know that legal music drama and awfulness she’s been through so i won’t go into that but it was nice how Kesha got to release such a pure and vulnerable song like “Praying” here. This song is also my winner’s pick to win the whole Kesha round, which i would not be mad about. I was struggling whether to lower this a bit to help out my other favorites that needs more help or stick with a genuine ranking - so i did go with the latter. “Praying” is also my favorite song from her two most recent albums. This is a very important song from Kesha’s discography and I’d say one of her two most career defining songs.

Kesha really surprised me with her vocal delivery here and I feel this is the most beautiful i have ever heard her sung. :omg: The pre-chorus and chorus are all so beautiful and really stands out to me:

You brought the flames and you put me through hell

I had to learn how to fight for myself

And we both know all the truth I could tell

I'll just say this is I wish you farewell

I hope you're somewhere praying, praying

I hope your soul is changing, changing

I hope you find your peace

Falling on your knees, praying

It’s all sooo good! :omg: The bridge is also really amazing as is her high belting/whistle note. :omg: Such a fantastic song from Kesha!

Such an incredibly powerful, heart-wrenching ballad. I can see this winning, if not placing very well, and either is more than deserved. While it's not my all-time favorite Kesha song, I do think it's her at her absolute best. And of course....that HIGHNOTE.

This is a moment.  It deserves to be #1.  The high note is enough to carry it through, amazing.

Kesha broke the internet the day she released this, and we were truly blessed to be able to witness it in or lifetime. One of the greatest songs EVER and I'm not even exaggerating. That high note? I still get chills all these years later. Why yes, I will be judging everyone who doesn't rank this at #1 and never forgetting it. F*ck Dr. Luke.

This song is so different than anything Kesha had released as a single up until that point, but it really made an impact. I know she went through a lot that led to this song, and I feel like this perfectly captures that heartache and struggle, as well as the strength, as she finds closure and moves on. I'm sure many people can relate this to their own personal struggles, which is another amazing thing about the song. I love the lyrics, her vocals (I'm sure it's my favorite vocal of hers), and the power of the song. The build-up is incredible and so effective. When she starts belting at the end of the second verse, I get chills. :omg: The backing chorus is a nice touch, and I love that the music is as simple as a piano. I'm sure you all know THAT high note in the bridge that slays. ❤️   Pretty much, everything about this song is amazing, emotional, and powerful. Even though I love many other songs, this is an easy #1 for me.

continuation of amaze songs

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, FrogLenzen said:

duh

Edited by Deeee

5 minutes ago, Deeee said:

1. Praying

Andy: 14

ru paul's drag race choices GIF

1. Praying

Lily: 4

drag race choices GIF by Rupauls Drag Race All Stars

1. Praying

Wally: 4

1. Praying

Chris: 3

1. Praying

Victoria: 8

1. Praying

JC: 9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Deeee said:

2. The Harold Song (2010, prod. by Ammo, written by Kesha Sebert + Ammo)

Elliott: 2

Derek: 2

1. Praying (2017, prod. by Jon Castelli + Ryan Lewis, written by Kesha Sebert + Andrew Joslyn + Ben Abraham + Ryan Lewis)

Elliott: 1

Derek: 1

Queen Rihanna GIF

cc: @FrogLenzen

• Like 1