Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART SIX

6. Take It Off (2010, prod. by Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Claude Kelly + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: Animal

SW4M.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #8 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #29 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #29 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #14 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #6 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #22 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_It_Off_(Kesha_song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 17

Gigi: 3

Elliott: 17

Andy: 3

Denise: 10

Lily: 17

Wally: 6

Derek: 21

Chris: 19

Victoria: 6

JC: 7

Kaley: 5

Final Average = 10.500

COMMENTS

Take It Off was not needed in the finals. One of the few songs from Kesha that I never found myself fond of.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, *Wallace said:

AtPk.gif

“Take It Off” is such a fun hot sexy song from Ke$ha and this was always amongst one of my favorites from her. I love the music & beat as well as her vocal delivery. Ooh the beat here kinda reminds me of Britney’s “Hold It Against Me” all of a sudden. :haha: Anyway he has this great confident attitude while singing this which is so cool. Turn me on. Take it off. take it off. Everybody take it off. :bobo: LOL the music video has such a fun glittery mess to it which is totally Ke$ha. :haha:

On 9/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, *Lily said:

Kesha's ability to develop an iconic hook for a pop song is really skilled. This song just brought back so many memories for me. Although eww @ Jeffree Star being in the video! I know this was a decade ago though so I'm not gonna be too mad at it, lol.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:34 PM, JC said:

still loving this

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, FrogLenzen said:

I love all Kesha songs including this one. But I do prefer the Billboard Remix (one of the few remixes in the history of music that I prefer to the original.. I'm not really a remix person)

On 8/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, taylorkat said:

A jam, I'm glad it didn't get voted out.  I would have been irritated.

On 8/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, miss denise said:

This chorus is just an earworm! "There's a place downtown, where the freaks all come around, It's a hole in the wall, it's a dirty free for all" :bobo: One of many catchy Kesha songs I love. "Where they go hardcore and there's glitter on the floor" :bobo:  Got to have that signature Kesha glitter.

5. Die Young (2012, feat. Big Freedia, prod. by Benny Blanco + Cirkut + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Benny Blanco + Cirkut + Nate Ruess + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: Warrior

source.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 Singles (Billboard): #2 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #14 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #8 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #10 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 4x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Young

RANKINGS:

Dee: 16

Gigi: 5

Elliott: 21

Andy: 7

Denise: 2

Lily: 1

Wally: 3

Derek: 16

Chris: 13

Victoria: 9

JC: 11

Kaley: 21

Final Average = 10.417

COMMENTS

Die Young is a fun song. Nothing more than a really fun song. So it ranks low for being way too generic. Probably because the stench of Dr. Luke surrounds this song that it is not greater than others.

SdTw.gif

I think it’s a bummer how only one Warrior song made it into the albums but surprisingly Kesha is…. the only artist of the 5 rounds whose first album wasn’t majorly targeted so that’s good. But it was her 2nd album that was targeted. But if any Warrior track had to make the finals, I am so glad it was “Die Young.” As I said or will says in my comments  I really love these fun party dance/pop songs from Kesha and she excels so much for them. I love the chorus a ton…..even though mentioning “die young” makes me feel a bit weird and awkward. This song has me HOOKED right from the start: I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums. Oh, what a shame that you came here with someone. :bobo: 

The verses are lots of fun here and I love those too!  :bobo:

Looking for some trouble tonight (yeah)

Take my hand, I'll show you the wild side

Like it's the last night of our lives (uh huh)

We'll keep dancing 'til we die

Although I guess that is the pre-chorus…well whatever it is I love it  as I do with this song.

I've seen a few people aren't big on this song so idk if I expect it to get a great ranking. I've always really loved it though, it's classic Ke$ha to me and the epitome of early 2010s, fun electropop.

I love all Kesha songs

Possibly the catchiest of all Kesha songs for me. That chorus is tooo good. :bobo: "I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums, Oh, what a shame that you came here with someone" :bobo:  It doesn't really seem like something to bobo, but yet, it is. The song has an important message about living life to the fullest and that is always something to celebrate. The music on this is so addicting too. :bobo: 

another amazing bop

This isn't my #1, but I'm glad I could help carry this song here because it's a jam and I won't believe otherwise!

On 8/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Elliott said:

Why is the worst song from Warrior in this final vote? To think we could've had anything else in Warrior, Let 'Em Talk, Boogie Feet and/or Kinky in the Top 21 over this.

4. Woman (2017, feat. Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, prod. by Brody Brown + Drew Pearson, written by Kesha Sebert + Drew Pearson + Wrabel)

Album: Rainbow

giphy.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #96 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #26 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #33 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_(Kesha_song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 5

Gigi: 7

Elliott: 4

Andy: 19

Denise: 5

Lily: 5

Wally: 10

Derek: 20

Chris: 6

Victoria: 14

JC: 21

Kaley: 2

Final Average = 9.833

COMMENTS

So close to achieving the PERFECT top three. Woman deserved better than Tik Tok. A fabulous song about women for women! Obviously better than Tik Tok.

tenor.gif

“Woman” is such a fun song. I love the female empowering anthem fee this song has. Once again Kesha sells the attitude so well on this song. She sings this  song with a lot of sass & confidence. The part at the end of her laughing through the end of the second verse cracks me up. :giggle: But yeah that chorus is so booming and catchy. :bobo: I also love the part of her singing “don’t touch my weave don’t call me honey” in the bridge.

I had been a fan of Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings so when I found out about the Dap-Kings collabing with Kesha, it felt so unexpected but it worked so brilliantly.

I love all Kesha songs

I absolutely love and stan the confidence and empowerment of this song! We are embracing being women! :bobo:  I'M A WOMAN, BABY, THAT'S RIGHT! :bobo:

hellest no.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Elliott said:

I know she says "don't touch my weave," but I still hear "don't touch my weed."

I love horn sections, so of course, it makes sense that I enjoy this song.

Edited by Deeee

Dee:

Gigi:

Elliott:

Andy:

Denise:

Lily:

Wally:

Derek:

Chris:

Victoria:

JC: 

Kaley:

Catching up! :haha:

#15 Blind: (I ranked 6)

I wasn’t expecting to be the highest ranker for this song, but the more I worked on my rankings the higher this kept climbing up my list. I love the power behind her vocal for the chorus on this one. :wub:

#14 Rainbow: (I ranked 7)

So much for my hopes about the remaining Rainbow songs making it to top 10 😢 This song is beautiful and makes me emotional every time I hear it. Such a beautiful song about embracing who you really are and reconnecting with the innocence of childhood. This part in particular hits me right in the heart each time :wub:

And deep down, I'm still a child
Playful eyes, wide and wild, I can't
Lose hope, what's left of my heart's still made of gold
And I know that I'm still f*cked up
But aren't we all, my love?
Darling, our scars make us who we are, are
So when the winds are howling strong
And you think you can't go on, hold tight, sweetheart

#13 Blow: (I ranked 20)

I actually do love this song, but I loved so many others more! This is definitely a jam, and a very fun one to belt at the top of your lungs while drunk. 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

@*Lily They released a new album last year that was one of their better works. Their sound's a bit dated nowadays, though.

Ooh okay good to know! Their music just feels like such a fever dream to me :dead: So iconic for its time but probably not aged too well :haha: