Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

15. imagine

Album: Thank U, Next (2019)

A close-up shot of a woman's face, showing her right cheek and glossy lips. The image is greyscale and contains visible noise. Displayed between the woman's lips, which are slightly open, are two Chinese characters that translate to the song title "Imagine".

Writers: Ariana Grande, Pop Wansel, Happy Perez, Muni Long, Jameel Roberts

Producers: Pop Wansel, Happy Perez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagine_(Ariana_Grande_song) 

Listen on YouTube

@Elliott - 5/25

@FrogLenzen - 7/25

@*Chris - 8/25

@jarmon - 10/25

@NGM - 12/25

Public - 12/25

@*Amanda - 16/25

@taylorkat - 17/25

@*Wallace - 18/25

@#jeah - 19/25

@*Lily - 20/25

@*Diana - 22/25

Final Average = 13.83 / 25 (tie)

Derek - 7/25

It's an album opener. You already know.

Wallace - 18/25

On 8/19/2022 at 10:40 PM, *Wallace said:

tumblr_pjzc26DSGq1wrs0qio3_540.gifv

"imagine" was always one of the standout album tracks to me from the thank u, next album. I really like the sensual and sexy vibe that Ariana brings here with this song. She sounds great and brings some really strong vocals. I especially love the parts where she sings the Imagine a world like that parts. I love how she stretches out "imagine" on those parts. I also really love those whistle notes she hit towards the end of the song.

Andy - 19/25

This is a great opener for thank u, next. I love what she does here with her voice and the melody of the song throughout, but it’s not a top favorite from this list.

14. Greedy

Album: Dangerous Woman (2016)

Ariana Grande - Greedy by summertimebadwi on @DeviantArt | Ariana grande  dangerous woman, Ariana grande dangerous, Ariana grande fans

Writers: Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Alexander Kronlund, Ilya

Producers: Ilya, Max Martin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greedy_(song) 

Listen on YouTube

Nico - 2/25

Amanda - 7/25

Andy - 8/25

Elliott - 8/25

Lily - 10/25

Wallace - 14/25

Akshar - 15/25

Public - 17/25

Derek - 18/25

Gigi - 21/25

Diana - 21/25

Chris - 25/25

Final Average = 13.83 / 25 (tie)

Andy - 8/25

I’d-like-to-keep-it-on-please iconery notwithstanding, this has always been a standout  song from Dangerous Woman to me (which is still her best album imo). She needs to make more songs in this style please and thanks

Wallace - 14/25

tumblr_o8nxe4lhDm1uyb1t5o1_500.gifv

I'm glad that my two favorite album tracks from Dangerous Woman made it through to the finals and "Greedy" is one of them. "Greedy" is really such a fun, cute and entertaining song from Ariana. I love the disco/pop and R&B feel of the song and it suits Ariana so well. She sings with great confidence in the verses and continues through the song. But then the chorus is so infectious and catchy! :bobo: I especially love the latter half of it where she sings:

'Cause I'm so greedy, ooh
You know that I'm greedy for love
You know that I'm greedy for love

:bobo:

This song is really such a good time! It's so disappointing that this song wasn't a single because I could have seen this being a big hit for Ariana.

Derek - 18/25

13. Be Alright

Ariana Grande - Be Alright.png

Writers: Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét, TBHits, Khaled Rohaim, Nicholas Audino, Lewis Hughes, Willie Tafa, Nao, Mura Massa

Producers: TBHits, Twice as Nice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Alright_(Ariana_Grande_song) 

Listen on YouTube

Lily - 2/25

Chris - 5/25

Andy - 7/25

Derek - 10/25

Diana - 11/25

Gigi - 12/25

Wallace - 16/25

Akshar - 17/25

Nico - 18/25

Public - 19/25

Amanda - 19/25

Elliott - 23/25

Final Average = 13.25 / 25

Andy - 7/25

Love the message of this ❤️ I have listened to it to calm myself down many times. 

Derek - 10/25

Fun dance beat with great lyrics

Wallace - 16/25

I'm glad that my two favorite album tracks from Dangerous Woman made it through to the finals and "Be Alright" is one of them. This used to be my favorite album track from that album but then another song grew on me. One of my earliest memories of this song was where this was featured in one of my cousin's school plays and then the song was stuck in my head for a week or even longer. :dead: Anyway, this song has such a smooth groove and feel to it. I like the funky house and R&B feel that this song has. Ariana sounds great throughout the song. Although my favorite part is the chorus where she sings those: We're gonna be alright parts! :bobo: Such a feel-good song!

12. positions

Album: Positions (2020)

Positions (single).png

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Angelina Barrett

Music: Ariana Grande, TBHits, Mr. Franks, Nija, London on da Track, James Jarvis, Brian Vincent Bates

Producers: TBHits, Mr. Franks, London on da Track

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positions_(song) 

Listen on YouTube

Chris - 6/25

Akshar - 8/25

Wallace - 8/25

Amanda - 10/25

Elliott - 10/25

Diana - 12/25

Gigi - 14/25

Lily - 15/25

Nico - 17/25

Derek - 17/25

Andy - 18/25

Public - 18/25

Final Average = 12.75 / 25

Wallace - 8/25

"positions" is a really fun and sexy song from Ariana. I really enjoy the midtempo vibe of it and Ariana's vocals are really smooth and sweet on this. I do love the pre-chorus parts where she mentions what she's doing on certain days like: 

Boy I'm tryna meet your mama
On a Sunday
Then make a lotta love
On a Monday (Ah, ah)

The chorus is really cute, fun and catchy. I really enjoy how Ariana sings that part of the song, as well as the bridge, which has a really good sound to it. But back to the chorus the part where Ariana sings: I'm in the Olympics way I'm jumping through hoops kinda cracks me up. :haha: But yeah this is a fun, sexy song and Ariana does own the style and vibe of it. The music video is really interesting and fun to watch too, especially with all of the different characters she plays.

Derek - 17/25

Not my favorite from the album but not surprised to see it here since it was a single

Andy - 18/25

Definitely one of the more straightforward poppy/catchy songs off its album.

11. breathin

Album: Sweetener (2018)

Cover art for "Breathin": Ariana Grande with a white wig and a denim jacket, tilting her head and sitting on a brown staircase

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Savan Kotecha

Music: Ilya, Peter Svensson

Producer: Ilya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathin 

Listen on YouTube

Derek - 4/25

Public - 6/25

Elliott - 7/25

Diana - 7/25

Nico - 7/25

Akshar - 9/25

Wallace - 15/25

Gigi - 16/25

Chris - 16/25

Andy - 17/25

Lily - 21/25

Amanda - 24/25

Final Average = 12.41 / 25

Derek - 4/25

I adore this album and any tracks that made the finals probably would have placed really high in my rankings

Wallace - 15/25

86aa7de6d4852aea078b3e7444a5cb7b67b52da6

"breathin" is a really pretty song but it's also such a deep and moving song, as it deals with breathing helping out with anxiety and depression. Ariana does sound really pretty and stunning throughout the song. She sets up the song nicely with the verses. But the chorus are a thing of beauty where she sings:

Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'
And oh, I gotta keep, keep on breathin'

Yeah it's repetitive, but it's beautiful and really gets the point of the song across, which is very important. I do like how the beat and feel of the song really progresses on the second verse. The music video is really nice and Ariana is really beautiful in it. Overall, I never really think of "breathin" as that much of a big favorite of mine but I've always really enjoyed it!

Andy - 17/25

Feels like the sequel to Be Alright which imo is the stronger song, but I still love the message behind this and I still stan

On 6/25/2020 at 11:52 PM, FrogLenzen said:

YOURS TRULY

The Way (feat. Mac Miller)

MY EVERYTHING

One Last Time

Break Free (feat. Zedd)

DANGEROUS WOMAN

Dangerous Woman

Into You

SWEETENER

God is a woman

no tears left to cry

THANK U, NEXT

7 rings

thank u, next

POSITIONS

pov

Here's the Top 10 for Ariana Grande!

• Like 1

I'm good with imagine's and Greedy's rankings, although I did expect "Greedy" to be the highest ranked album track. So I'm kinda surprised that didn't happen. 😮 I do agree with Andy that I would love seeing/hearing Ariana do more songs like this.

Ooh and then "Be Alright" shows up next at 13th, sooo it really isn't too far off. :dead: This is a cool jam and am also good with this coming in at this spot too.

Chris ranking "positions" the highest out of all of us kinda surprises me here. :haha: Hmm fun and sexy song from Ariana. Wished it had ranked higher but I'm also ok with this spot for it too. It's interesting seeing how tight the 6 - 18 rankings are for this one.

Also good with "breathin" coming in at #11. Gorgeous song and enjoyable but it's never been a super standout to me - with all the songs she's released around that year(s).

I'm pretty pleased with the Top 10 as I love or really like all of these songs. I think 7 of them make my Top 10 as well. 😮

10. Break Free (feat. Zedd)

Album: My Everything (2014)

Ariana Grande - Break Free ft Zedd cover art.png

Writers: Zedd, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha

Producers: Zedd, Max Martin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_Free_(song) 

Listen on YouTube

@FrogLenzen - 2/25

@*Wallace - 3/25

@*Amanda - 5/25

@*Diana - 6/25

@*Lily - 8/25

Public - 10/25

@jarmon - 11/25

@taylorkat - 15/25

@#jeah - 16/25

@Elliott - 19/25

@NGM - 20/25

@*Chris - 22/25

Final Average = 11.41 / 25

Derek - 2/25

I got a Zedd track into the Top 10 of the rankdown :wub:

Wallace - 3/25

original.gif

I thought Ariana really killed it and brought so much fire in the music scene in 2014. This was her breakthrough year for me and "Break Free" was a song that really helped that! I do really love this song so I'm glad it's here. But at the same time, I'm really sad and disappointed that "Problem" and "Bang Bang" couldn't make it to the finals as I really love those even more and those are amongst my top favorite songs of Ariana's. 😢 Now that I got that out, I can focus on my love for "Break Free." This was a really fun electropop/dance pop jam from Ariana. This was very different from the songs I was used to from her, but this really worked for her. I do love how fun and dancey the song is but also how sweet and pretty Ariana's vocals are too!

I really love the pre-chorus and chorus the most of the song where she sings:

I only wanna die alive
Never by the hands of a broken heart
Don't wanna hear you lie tonight
Now that I've become who I really am

This is the part when I say I don't want ya
I'm stronger than I've been before
This is the part when I break free
'Cause I can't resist it no more

This is the part when I say I don't want ya
I'm stronger than I've been before
This is the part when I break free
'Cause I can't resist it no more

That chorus is just so fun and infectious! :bobo: The bridge of the song is really cute and a lot of fun, but I especially love that part where she belts out "everydayyyyy" with that long note! SO good! :omg: The end of the song is really fun where Ariana sings "'Cause I can't resist it no more" for the last time and then that jamming dance production beat goes realll hard at the end! :bobo:

I think "Break Free" is one of the most fun and joyous Ariana songs. Definitely puts a smile on my face and it makes me happy listening to it. The music video is highly entertaining and SOO much fun. It's so over the top and extra, but that's the joy of the video and of the song! :haha:

Andy - 16/25

The Zedd instrumental breakdowns are okay, but I love how bombastic the chorus is. I can see why this smashed.

9. One Last Time

Album: My Everything (2014)

The title of the song is shown in a white, neat font. The background of the artwork is purple.

Writers: David Guetta, Savan Kotecha, Giorgio Tuinfort, Rami, Carl Falk

Producers: Savan Kotecha, Giorgio Tuinfort, Rami, Carl Falk, Ilya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Last_Time_(Ariana_Grande_song) 

Listen on YouTube

Chris - 1/25

Public - 1/25

Akshar - 5/25

Andy - 6/25

Lily - 9/25

Gigi - 10/25

Derek - 11/25

Wallace - 13/25

Elliott - 17/25

Diana - 18/25

Amanda - 20/25

Nico - 21/25

Final Average = 11.00 / 25

Andy - 6/25

The best song off Yours Truly, this is another one that deserves its smash hit status. Her voice may be her most definable characteristic as an artist but tbh I think she’s always been an equally strong songwriter, she knows how to craft a really unique but relatable story with each song. One Last Time is a strong example of this

Derek - 11/25

Iconic song that was eliminated in the prototype Ariana round before. Now in the Top 10 :wub:

Wallace - 13/25

48f654c7-a8e4-45ab-abc9-f6ebe90f5459_tex

Ooh how I remember all of the drama and sad reactions of "One Last Time" not advancing through to the first Ariana version of the game (and I was sad about it too). But now that it made the finals and I don't really care as it made it through over other songs I actually love. :ph34rwave: I guess I realize I could have done without it? Such an odd event of feelings there, tbh. :haha: But no, I do still really like "One Last Time" and think this is a beautiful song from Ariana. This song does have that euphoric and feel good vibe to it. Ariana sounds really lovely and the song has such a lovely quality to it. I do love how she sings the chorus - which starts off quiet and then builds up nicely with some power to it.

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise, after that, I'll let you go
Baby, I don't care if you got her in your heart
All I really care is you wake up in my arms
One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home

Really such a pretty song from Ariana. I do really enjoy it though it's never been one of my major favorites from her. 

8. pov

Album: Positions (2020)

Ariana Grande POV.png

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Tayla Parx

Music: Ariana Grande, TBHits, Mr. Franks, Tayla Parz, Oliver Frid

Producers: TBHits, Mr. Franks, Oliver Frid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POV_(song) 

Listen on YouTube

Akshar - 3/25

Lily - 4/25

Nico - 5/25

Gigi - 6/25

Chris - 9/25

Amanda - 11/25

Andy - 11/25

Public - 11/25

Elliott - 13/25

Diana - 17/25

Wallace - 17/25

Derek - 24/25

Final Average = 10.91 / 25

Andy - 11/25

Love the message to this so much and what a way to close out Positions, this was an immediate standout on the album for me along with just like magic (ROBBED!!!! Her most underrated song period) and six thirty (ALSO ROBBED UGH). 

Wallace - 17/25

6739fe9855f394ddc55bdd797299525e3121fbc3

"pov" is a really gorgeous, stunning and romantic song from Ariana. The song in general and her vocals are breathtaking and really heavenly on this. She sounds gorgeous on the verses and I like the story she's singing here. The chorus has such a feel good feel to it and yeah it's so beautiful. I especially love the parts where she sings:

Ooh, for all of my pretty
And all of my ugly too
I'd love to see me from your point of view

I wanna trust me (Trust me)
The way that you trust me (Trust me)
Ooh, 'cause nobody ever
Loved me like you do
I'd love to see me from your point of view

So yeah "pov" is a really beautiful song, though not one of my ultimate favorites from Ariana.

Derek - 24/25

Predictably, I'm not big on a lot of mid-tempo songs. this is like she was trying to create a song that would be used as a wedding song for people, idk

7. 7 rings

Album: Thank U, Next (2019)

Graffiti on a pink wall, placed on the center of a dark pink door jamb, reading "7 RiNGS" with a dot over the letter I stylized as a ring. On the left side, there is a black lamp fixture and a pink chair with a bottle.

Writers: Rodgers & Hammerstein, Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét, Tayla Parx, TBHits, Social House, Njomza Vitia, Kimberly Krysiuk

Producers: TBHits, Social House

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Rings 

Listen on YouTube

Elliott - 2/25

Wallace - 2/25

Derek - 3/25

Public - 5/25

Akshar - 6/25

Diana - 8/25

Andy - 10/25

Amanda - 12/25

Lily - 16/25

Gigi - 20/25

Chris - 21/25

Nico - 24/25

Final Average = 10.75 / 25

Wallace - 2/25

7rings-i-see-it-i-like-it-i-want-it-i-go

"7 rings" is really such a fun, sexy song that Ariana brings so much flavor and slayage to. I feel like most people love "thank u, next" the most off of that same named album, but I always stanned hard and was here for "7 rings" more! This is a really different and unique sound that Ariana brought and experimented here. This song has that more gangsta pop/trap feel to it. It's so different for Ariana (at least compared to her earlier music) but she can make this work for her. I think The Sound of Music sample at the start of the song is so intriguing but I like how she makes it work. She does sound really gorgeous singing that Breakfast at Tiffany's and bottles of bubbles. Girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble part of the song. ❤️

Then I love how Ariana gets all gangsta with it on the chorus of the song:

My wrist, stop watchin'
My neck is flossy
Make big deposits
My gloss is poppin'

You like my hair?
Gee, thanks! Just bought it
I see it, I like it
I want it, I got it
Yeah

I want it, I got it
I want it, I got it
I want it, I got it
I want it, I got it

So much fun! :bobo: I love how she sings the second verse and the next pre-chorus and chorus, as it's all so fun and such a jam! :bobo: But another one of my biggest favorite parts of the song is the bridge section where the song gets really intense and fast that goes:

Shoot
Go from the store to the booth
Make it all back in one loop
Gimme the loot
Never mind, I got the juice
Nothin' but net when we shoot

Look at my neck
Look at my jet
Ain't got enough money to pay me respect
Ain't no budget when I'm on the set
If I like it then that's what I get
Yeah

Wow Ariana really slays and crushes that part of the song! :dead::bobo: But yeah I think we all know "7 rings" is iconic simply because.... it just is. I also love the video as it's really fun and entertaining. Ariana has lots of fun different looks and looks gorgeous in all of them. I have no doubt that this will rank well here, or at least it better!

Derek - 3/25

7 rings in 7th place. When I first heard this song I thought it was sooooo dumb. Ugh who wants to hear Sound of Music knock off... then it slowly started growing on me... i want it, i got it, i want it, i got it, i want it, i got it, i want it, i got it, it want it, i got it, i want it, i got it, i want it, i got it and suddenly I realized that I memorized all the lyrics and was obsessed

Andy - 10/25

Whatever Tom, this song is legendary. Gee thanks, just bought it.

6. The Way (feat. Mac Miller)

Album: Yours Truly (2013)

Grande is seen with her hands facing up above her head in front of a light blue background. The artist name and song title are written in capitalized white font underneath

Writers: H-Money, A-Rod, Sevyn, Jordin Sparks, Mac Miller, Brenda Russell

Producers: H-Money, Ariana Grande, Sauce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_(Ariana_Grande_song) 

Listen on YouTube

Public - 2/25

Gigi - 4/25

Derek - 5/25

Chris - 7/25

Lily - 7/25

Diana - 10/25

Wallace - 12/25

Andy - 13/25

Amanda - 14/25

Nico - 16/25

Akshar - 16/25

Elliott - 20/25

Final Average = 10.50 / 25

Derek - 5/25

It was fun playing the guessing game of "what artist is this???" when this first came out. Never heard of her before this but this was a smash. I think we all sing.

Wallace - 12/25

-Ari-The-Way-ariana-grande-37030170-500-

"The Way" was a monumental single from Ariana as this was the lead single off of her debut album. I can't remember if I knew or knew of her before this song. I THINK so? I thought this was a really cute and enjoyable single from Ariana. It was my favorite single from her Yours Truly. I also loved this song a lot when it was out but then with Ariana releasing more music, I realized it doesn't really compare to my biggest favorite songs of hers and I would love many of her other songs more. Though I do still have a soft spot for this song. :haha: It's cute, fun and awww she's really adorable in the video. :haha: I do especially love the pre-chorus of the song, and probably love it more than the chorus where she sings:

So If you need it, I got it, I got it everyday
Be your lover, your friend, you'll find it all in me
Stay by your side, I'll never leave you
And I ain't going nowhere 'cause you're a keeper

So don't you worry, baby, you got me

I got a bad boy, I must admit it (hey)
You got my heart, don't know how you did it (hey)
And I don't care who sees it, babe
I don't wanna hide the way I feel when you're next to me (hey)

:bobo:  OK so I don't know which or if all of those parts classify as the pre-chorus but it's really fun. Mac Miller's parts are really good and I enjoy him on the song. The music video is fun, cute and just perfect for Ariana's first video to establish herself as an artist.

Andy - 13/25

Iconic debut, god her chemistry with Mac was something else. Love this song. Big Mariah vibes

Aww bummer at "Break Free" showing up at #10. :broken: I'm glad it made it this far and into the Top 10 but wish it had done better. 

Lol I'm in my feelings about "One Last Time" but good on it making it to 9th, lol.

Ooh wow, "pov" made it so high. A gorgeous song but it's one that faded off kinda quickly for me. Good on it making it to 8th and I get the strong love for it though but just isn't one of my favorites.

Ugh not "7 rings" missing out making the Top 5. :broken: But I know this song is really polarizing so I was expecting it to rank lower actually. Glad it made it to 7th. Such a fun jam! LMAO Derek's comments here. :dead: 

Oooh? I did not know Jordin Sparks was a write on "The Way." 😮 Really good debut single from Ariana that launched off such a successful career for her. I get why it reached 12th.

Lmao what a tricky set for me. :dead: At least the remaining of my non-Top 10 rankings but sad to lose some my #2 and #3 though. 

A strong Top 5. Hmm I think I got my #1, 4, 5, 7 and 9 all remaining.

5. God is a woman

Album: Sweetener (2018)

Grande emerging from a pool of blue and purple paint, wearing body paint of the same colors. A few leaves can be seen on the bottom left corner of the image. The song title "God Is a Woman" is displayed at the center of the cover art, stylized in all caps and in a white font.

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Savan Kotecha

Music: Ilya, Max Martin, Rickard Göransson

Producer: Ilya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Is_a_Woman 

Listen on YouTube

@Elliott - 3/25

@taylorkat - 3/25

@*Diana - 5/25

@*Amanda - 6/25

@jarmon - 7/25

Public - 8/25

@*Wallace - 9/25

@*Lily - 13/25

@*Chris - 14/25

@NGM - 14/25

@#jeah - 15/25

@FrogLenzen - 20/25

Final Average = 9.75 / 25

Wallace - 9/25

0096fd2921d9b46292f91667382e0383.gif
"God is a woman" is really such a cool and enjoyable song from Ariana. I think it has this really interesting and intriguing sound to it, but also has this sensual and seductive sound to it too. Ariana does sound really beautiful on the opening chorus (and all of the choruses) throughout the song where she sings:

You, you love it how I move you
You love it how I touch you
My one, when all is said and done
You'll believe God is a woman
And I, I feel it after midnight
A feeling that you can't fight
My one, it lingers when we're done
You'll believe God is a woman

It's soo beautiful. ❤️ Then another standout part I love from the song is where she sings:

We can make it last, take it slow, hmm
And I can tell that you know I know how I want it, yeah
That you different from the rest
And boy, if you confess, you might get blessed

This is such a great song and the music video is really great, creative and enjoyable to watch. It has this great empowering feel to it.

Andy - 15/25

I’ve always felt similarly to this song as I do about Dangerous Woman. Mid-tier single, still a strong pop song, it’s all about the booming chorus.

Derek - 20/25

Uh oh, I didn't expect to be the lowest ranker by that much. Oh well. 

4. Into You

Into You Ariana Grande cover.png

Writers: Ariana Grande, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Alexander Kronlund, Ilya

Producers: Ilya, Max Martin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_You_(Ariana_Grande_song) 

Listen on YouTube

Derek - 1/25

Nico - 1/25

Andy - 2/25

Amanda - 3/25

Akshar - 4/25

Wallace - 5/25

Lily - 6/25

Gigi - 13/25

Diana - 16/25

Elliott - 18/25

Chris - 18/25

Public - 25/25

Final Average = 9.33 / 25 (tie)

Derek - 1/25

This song goes hard. It's fast, noisy, dancey, and she wails at the end. What more could I ask for???

Andy - 2/25

Pop perfection, I know that’s right. Everything about this song is insane but it’s all about that earworm of a chorus.

Wallace - 5/25

wC09R4.gif

I kinda really struggled on which song to give the higher spot between my #5 and #6, as they are both songs I love from Ariana. I guess ultimately I gave the advantage to "Into You," which gets my #5 spot. This song has such a fun, cutesy flirty feel that she sells so well. I do love the breathy, light quality of this at the start of the song. Ariana kinda showcases her lower register there? But then I like how she sings in a higher register in the pre-chorus. I love that part where she sings:

Oh, baby, look what you started
The temperature's rising in here
Is this gonna happen?
Been waiting and waiting for you to make a move
(Woo, oh, oh, oh)
Before I make a move
(Woo, oh, oh, oh)

But then I really love the chorus and find it so fun! It's so catchy and infectious and it's just so easy to sing along and jam to! I love Ariana's vocal delivery at that part!

So, baby, come light me up, and maybe I'll let you on it
A little bit dangerous, but, baby, that's how I want it
A little less conversation and a little more "touch my body"
'Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you
Got everyone watchin' us, so, baby, let's keep it secret
A little bit scandalous, but, baby, don't let them see it
A little less conversation and a little more "touch my body"
'Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you, oh yeah

I always loved the Elvis and Mariah references she makes where she sings "A little less conversation and a little more "touch my body"." :haha:

The bridge is another part of the song. It has this dramatic extra sound to it with the music and Ariana's bigger vocals but I do love the sound of it where she sings: Tell me what you came here for? 'Cause I can't, I can't wait no more. Ariana also kills it with the ad-libs at the end of the song. The music video is really cute and such a joy to watch. 

3. Dangerous Woman

Dangerous Woman single cover.png

Writers: Johan Carlsson, Ross Golan, Max Martin

Producers: Max Martin, Johan Carlsson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Woman_(song) 

Listen on YouTube

Amanda - 2/25

Akshar - 2/25

Wallace - 4/25

Diana - 4/25

Chris - 4/25

Nico - 6/25

Public - 9/25

Gigi - 11/25

Andy - 14/25

Elliott - 16/25

Lily - 17/25

Derek - 23/25

Final Average = 9.33 / 25 (tie)

Wallace - 4/25

something-bout-you-makes-me-feel-like-a-

I thought "Dangerous Woman" was a really great way to lead the My Everything era. This was quite a mature, sexy and sensual sounding song from Ariana and not quite a sound she really showcased that much on her first two albums (though she certainly did with this and her future albums after it). :haha: But yeah I really love the sensual sound of "Dangerous Woman" from the music production to Ariana's vocals. :wub: She sounds sooo gorgeous on the opening verse, though she does throughout the song. But I love how she would drag out and do some long notes at the end of each line on the first line. So good! ❤️

But I am especially here for the drama and sensual feels she brings to the pre-chorus and chorus where she sings:

All that you got, skin to skin, oh my God
Don't ya stop, boy
Somethin' 'bout you makes me feel like a dangerous woman
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout you
Makes me wanna do things that I shouldn't
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout you

SO good! :wub:

Oooh the production really kills it, with that guitar solo towards the end of the song. All of a sudden this song is giving me those sexy 90s R&B jams vibes, like "You're Making Me High" and "Red Light Special." I don't know why I never thought that before until now. :haha: But then I love it when Ariana is killing it with those big powerful vocals towards the end! :omg: "Dangerous Woman" is really such a gorgeous and stunning song from Ariana and I do really love it a ton! :wub: The music video is more on the simple side but it's a sexy video and she looks really gorgeous in it. ❤️ 

Andy - 14/25

Mid-tier single from DW to me but this still slaps. The chorus goes so hard.

Derek - 23/25

Why couldn't I have put this one slot lower to break the tie... smh. At least Andy's on my side for this song and God is a woman.

- Well, "God is a woman" was my least favorite of this Top 5, although I still love it, but pleased with this showing up first here. Wow it's kinda impressive how this got all Top 15 rankings.... except for Derek's #20. :giggle: But still no Bottom 5 rankings is good. 

- Lol HOW was "Into You" the public's #25??? That's shocking and doesn't really make sense to me. :dead: I knew that this song would do really well and rank high so I'm not surprised to see it rank at #4. 

- Pleased for "Dangerous Woman" coming in 3rd! Really gorgeous, sensual and strong song from Ariana. I wouldn't have minded it coming in 2nd but didn't think it would make it quite there but still a great spot! Not Derek being the lowest ranker for this song too.  :dead:

I think it's my #1 vs. my #7 left. I still think my #7 is winning but hoping my #1 can get the win.

35 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I should have ranked Dangerous Woman 15th. No way is that song better than Into You :whut:

:no: 

25 minutes ago, *Diana said:

into you is super overrated, sorry not sorry

I wouldn't go quite that far but I do think "Dangerous Woman" is better. But both are still strong songs, imo! :haha: