Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

10. EMMA STONE

tumblr_inline_mvven1z1lF1rg0g8s.gif

ac7.gif

Olive Penderghast - Easy A (2010)

Film Synopsis: Prompted by her popular best friend to spill details of her boring weekend, Olive (Emma Stone), a clean-cut teen, decides to spice things up by telling a little lie about losing her virginity. When the high-school busybody (Amanda Bynes) overhears the conversation and spreads it all over campus, Olive is suddenly notorious but for the wrong reasons. Rotten Tomatoes says "It owes a huge debt to older (and better) teen comedies, but Easy A proves a smart, witty showcase for its irresistibly charming star, Emma Stone." Time Magazine named Emma Stone's performance one of the ten best film performances of 2010, writing that "Stone lends winning maturity and a gift for making sassy dialogue sound natural. This 22-year-old is an actress-personality — a star — around whom Hollywood could build some pretty good movies." Emma Stone was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for this role.

QK: 1

ELLIOTT: 3
GIGI: 5

ALEX: 9

STEVEN: 9

WALLACE: 10

TOM: 12
REI: 17

CHRIS: 18

DEREK: 20

QK

One of my all time favorite actresses. I prefer comedy over all over type of movies and Emma is just freaking funny.

ELLIOTT

Probably higher than most people are going to rank this, but this movie was such a big milestone in mine and Andrew's relationship so I'm always going to love it. But also... Emma Stone is amazing.

GIGI

I've only seen Easy A once or twice, but I remember liking her a great deal.

ALEX

One of the most iconic teen movie roles ever. The movie that made Emma Stone who she is. Though the script is really funny, I don't think the movie would be half as funny without her leading it.

STEVEN

Easy A is one of the best teen comedy movies I've seen, and that's largely thanks to Emma Stone's performance in the film. She's so funny and likable throughout the film, and it's clear she was the perfect actress to play the lead role. I don't think anyone else could've played Olive as well as her. Although it may be fair to say her role in The Favourite or La La Land should be here instead, I was glad that this was the winning role for her round.

WALLACE

I really like Emma so I’ll put her here.

TOM

Love this but The Favorite should've won Emma's round!

REI

A great performance by Emma but one of the weakest from this group!

CHRIS

I love the movie but Emma's doesn't measure up to others in this final ranking.

DEREK

I love Emma Stone. This is not really the film I'd choose as the winner for her, but that's not a good enough reason to tank her. But the fact that she won (I think) the Actor rankdown? That's a good enough reason.

Edited by Steven_

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#10 Posted)

9. AMY ADAMS

tumblr_okwacqSIS71slopz6o6_r1_500.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-19967-1511807387-5.gif

Dr. Louise Banks - Arrival (2016)

Film Synopsis: Linguistics professor Louise Banks (Amy Adams) leads an elite team of investigators when gigantic spaceships touch down in 12 locations around the world. As nations teeter on the verge of global war, Banks and her crew must race against time to find a way to communicate with the extraterrestrial visitors. Hoping to unravel the mystery, she takes a chance that could threaten her life and quite possibly all of mankind. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Arrival delivers a must-see experience for fans of thinking person's sci-fi that anchors its heady themes with genuinely affecting emotion and a terrific performance from Amy Adams." Amy Adams was nominated for Best Actress at the Golden Globes for this role. She won the Chairman's Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival for this role.

TOM: 1
DEREK: 6

STEVEN: 6

CHRIS: 7

QK: 7

REI: 10

ELLIOTT: 12

ALEX: 13

GIGI: 18

WALLACE: 18

TOM

We stan this amazing sci-fi movie as well as Amy Adams' peformance!

DEREK

I'm expecting tanks because this did well in the film rankdown! But maybe not because everyone loves Amy!!!! Right???!!

STEVEN

Amy Adams is excellent in Arrival. It's a quiet performance, but she excels in bringing the emotional depth to the film. Arrival is an intriguing film itself, but it's Amy Adams's strong and poignant performance that makes it even better. It's a shame she wasn't nominated for an Oscar for this role. 

CHRIS

Amazing movie and Amy is excellent in her role; deserves more recognition than she received for it.

QK

I am most familiar with Amy because she plays Lois Lane but Amy is also great in the arrival and The Fighter among others.

REI

My favorite movie from her, not sure if it’s her best performance, but any Amy Adams role is already a great performance.

ELLIOTT

I didn't partake in the Amy Adams round but stan Sin Wagon.

ALEX

It's a very subtle and introspective performance, but that doesn't make it bad at all! So robbed of the Oscar nom, Adams is at her best here.

GIGI

I don't care for this particular role.

WALLACE

Amy is a good actress.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#9 Posted)