idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Crisis

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

140. Ben Briley - I barely remember him. ūüėÖ

139. Qaasim Middleton - He was middle of the pack for me. I think I remember feeling he lasted just a tad too long.

138. Olivia Rox - I think she deserved to go further. I think she had a solid voice. However, I hate her stage name. ūüėÖ

137. Amanda Overmyer - I wanted her to do so much better than she did because I enjoyed having a female rocker on the show.

136. Michelle Sussett - I love seeing Latino representation on the show. Unfortunately, we don't tend to fare too well (unless you count 1/4 Puerto Rican Scotty winning and of course, Alejandro). I don't think Michelle was good enough to make the finals but she was fun to watch.

So no Jordin, Pia, or Haley...for now.¬†:muwahaha:¬†Everyone can breathe easy and put their knives away.¬†:haha:Glad to see you didn't break my heart ūüėā

Coming up in the next set:

• Haters can hate...
  • Was told could lose a few pounds by Simon - Mandisa
  • Twilight
  • Laryngitis ain't no joke
  • A fifth place finisher from the same season as one of the finalists in the upcoming set

160. Ada Vox - I was excited that Idol finally had a drag queen on, but after hearing her do so many overdone songs, I was fine with her leaving.

159. Walker Burroughs - I liked Walker a lot, though I don't think he had any stand-out performances that season. S17 was kind of a boring season, though, so I'll take it over some of the train wrecks that were being performed by some of the others.

158. Kristen O'Connor - What a waste of a spot.

157. Lacey Brown - Unlike everyone else, I love most of S9's cast. She was one of the only ones I didn't really care for.

156. Brandon Rogers - Meh.

155. Charles Grigsby - I literally always forget about him.

154. Shannon Magrane - I think her performances in the finals made people forget that her semi-finals performance was pretty solid and easily deserving of a spot. That said, I can't really muster up any strong feelings about her other than the obligatory quip about her "one" missed note.

153. Jorge Nu√Īez¬†- Meh.

152. Jeremy Rosado - Meh. Thank God the judges saved Elise over him because I don't trust America to have given her more votes.

151. Catie Turner - She turned in one or two performances I liked, but otherwise, I wasn't a fan of hers in the slightest.

150. Mikalah Gordon - She's one of my favourites. :broken: I loved her personality and she had a couple of performances I really enjoyed.

149. MacKenzie Bourg - Meh.

148. Lil Rounds - Meh.

147. Jacob Lusk - Meh.

146. Sanjaya Malakar - He was fun and I didn't really care about him lasting as far as I did outside of outlasting Gina and Haley.

145. Paul Jolley - The only guy I liked from S12 (not that that says much...) and my fourth favourite from that season (not that that says much...), but I didn't really care about him leaving when he did because Candice/Kree/Angie were the only ones that mattered to me.

144. Michael Sarver - He's my second favourite contestant of all time so I vehemently disagree with this. :haha: My husband and I have gotten to become friends with him over the years and have helped out a lot with promotion when he was doing some shows in Nashville. I also helped design a website for him at one point, too. His post-Idol music, particularly his second album (Begin Again) is really good and was the kind of music I wish he'd done more of on Idol, though that cast was really limited by their song lists.

143. Camile Velasco - One of my least favourite alumni ever. Simon's comment over her Elton John performance was the only good thing to come out of her time on the show.

142. Lindsey Cardinale - It's not a rumour, actually. WNTS's about page specifically lists her (and Nadia Turner) as the inspiration behind the site's name. That said, she was alright, but I agree that her song selection was terrible.

141. Ramiele Malubay - S7 is my favourite season, so in that regard, I like her, but I didn't really care for her all things considered. I would've preferred seeing Alexandréa, Asia'h or even Kady Malloy in the finals over her.

140. Ben Briley - He was one of my favourites from S13 (not that that says much...), but I only really care about Jena and Jessica. He kind of shot himself in the foot with the final song he did (though Majesty was by far the worst that night), but I'd still put him higher on my personal ranking.

139. Qaasim Middleton - You kind of summed it up. I liked Qaasim because he was entertaining, and in a season where I hated most of the cast, that was appreciated. But I will forever be bitter they they saved him right after not saving Sarina-Joi Crowe.

138. Olivia Rox - Her being an IDF It Girl for her season was cringe. I hated all of her performances and couldn't understand what the show was seeing in her. She managed to make Kristen's performance of Unconditionally look good, which says it all really. Weirdly enough, Trouble was my favourite of hers.

137. Amanda Overmyer - I loved her in S7 and enjoyed her album years ago when it came out. As much as I wanted her to stick around, I also think she left at the right time considering she would've been absolutely miserable on the Idol tour (which she herself has said :haha:).

136. Michelle Sussett - Not a fan in the slightest, but at least she left on a good note.

I won't be able to reply to everyone now, but I'll get to as many as I can. @Elliott, I'll definitely get to yours later this evening.

15 hours ago, americanvoice38 said:

Finally!! Not to bash but yeah I did not like him at all in terms of singing, but he was entertaining. Anyways, I hated his season a lot, it's just super boring for me.

That seems to be the opinion of most regarding Qaasim and S14 in general. :haha:

15 hours ago, americanvoice38 said:

did enjoy SOME of her performances, but man there were a lot more deserving than her to be in that season's Top 14. I was so mad that timr that she went through

Fair enough about Michelle. There were a couple of contestants I would've liked to see make the Top 14. That said, I didn't mind her being a WC pick considering who was there.

15 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I was right about Ben and Michelle! :clap: Thank goodness Pia and Haley were not ranked in this set... 

Ben Briley- I got so tired of all the boring country guitar guys in S13, so when I heard Ben was singing "Bennie and the Jets" I got excited, too bad it didn't pay off...

Qaasim Middleton- I agree, great on stage, poor vocally...

Olivia Rox- I was disappointed to see her go... 

Amanda Overmyer- No comment. 

Michelle Sussett- I loved "I'm A Dreamer." To me, after that performance, she stood out among the rest. Too bad she got out the round after... 

Yes, you were right after all! Pia and Haley aren't quite safe yet though (unlike Hollie, I won't spoil when they might show up)

Ben - I pretty much agree. It's unfortunate him changing up things didn't pay off...

Qaasim - Agree

Olivia - It was disappointing to see her go when she did. However, considering the circumstances, I can't say I was too disappointed

Michelle - I loved I'm A Dreamer as well. Despite that, I knew she wasn't to last long in the competition

5 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

140. Ben Briley - I barely remember him. ūüėÖ

139. Qaasim Middleton - He was middle of the pack for me. I think I remember feeling he lasted just a tad too long.

138. Olivia Rox - I think she deserved to go further. I think she had a solid voice. However, I hate her stage name. ūüėÖ

137. Amanda Overmyer - I wanted her to do so much better than she did because I enjoyed having a female rocker on the show.

136. Michelle Sussett - I love seeing Latino representation on the show. Unfortunately, we don't tend to fare too well (unless you count 1/4 Puerto Rican Scotty winning and of course, Alejandro). I don't think Michelle was good enough to make the finals but she was fun to watch.

So no Jordin, Pia, or Haley...for now.¬†:muwahaha:¬†Everyone can breathe easy and put their knives away.¬†:haha:Glad to see you didn't break my heart ūüėā

Coming up in the next set:

• Haters can hate...
  • Was told could lose a few pounds by Simon - Mandisa
  • Twilight
  • Laryngitis ain't no joke
  • A fifth place finisher from the same season as one of the finalists in the upcoming set

140. That's unfortunate :haha:

139. Fair enough

138. She probably did. LOL about hating her stage name

137. Same here

136. She was a lot of fun to watch. Maybe one day a strong Latin contestant will come on Idol and have a strong run or win¬†ūüėĄ

See, I'm not too bad of a person.¬†ūüėᬆI don't know if this will last though...

We'll see if your guess is right or not.

@Crisis I'm very pleased that one of my favorite S13 contestants hasn't been ranked yet. I don't want to say their name because I don't want to jinx it. ūüėä

As promised:

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

160. Ada Vox - I was excited that Idol finally had a drag queen on, but after hearing her do so many overdone songs, I was fine with her leaving.

159. Walker Burroughs - I liked Walker a lot, though I don't think he had any stand-out performances that season. S17 was kind of a boring season, though, so I'll take it over some of the train wrecks that were being performed by some of the others.

158. Kristen O'Connor - What a waste of a spot.

157. Lacey Brown - Unlike everyone else, I love most of S9's cast. She was one of the only ones I didn't really care for.

156. Brandon Rogers - Meh.

160. It was cool to see a drag queen on Idol. I don't know if America is ready to accept one yet; however, Ada didn't do much to warrant any voters to get behind her

159. Fair enough about Walker. Even now, it's hard to remember anything about his performances

158. Ouch¬†ūü§£

157. Yeah, she didn't really do much to make people care for her

156. Exactly. What a disappointment

155. Charles Grigsby - I literally always forget about him.

154. Shannon Magrane - I think her performances in the finals made people forget that her semi-finals performance was pretty solid and easily deserving of a spot. That said, I can't really muster up any strong feelings about her other than the obligatory quip about her "one" missed note.

153. Jorge Nu√Īez¬†- Meh.

152. Jeremy Rosado - Meh. Thank God the judges saved Elise over him because I don't trust America to have given her more votes.

151. Catie Turner - She turned in one or two performances I liked, but otherwise, I wasn't a fan of hers in the slightest.

155. Exactly proving my point :dead:

154. Agreed. There has been some talk about another female contestant should've been voted through instead. However, it lead to a complete slayage of a WC performance :wub:

153. Yeah, pretty much

152. Agreed, especially about the judges picking Elise. However, I wouldn't have minded Jeremy staying under different circumstances.

151. Pretty much my thoughts on her

150. Mikalah Gordon - She's one of my favourites. :broken: I loved her personality and she had a couple of performances I really enjoyed.

149. MacKenzie Bourg - Meh.

148. Lil Rounds - Meh.

147. Jacob Lusk - Meh.

146. Sanjaya Malakar - He was fun and I didn't really care about him lasting as far as I did outside of outlasting Gina and Haley.

150. Sorry, she didn't do much for me :broken:

149-147. Not much to say about these contestants, eh :rofl:

146. Agreed, especially with the strikethrough part

145. Paul Jolley - The only guy I liked from S12 (not that that says much...) and my fourth favourite from that season (not that that says much...), but I didn't really care about him leaving when he did because Candice/Kree/Angie were the only ones that mattered to me.

144. Michael Sarver - He's my second favourite contestant of all time so I vehemently disagree with this. :haha: My husband and I have gotten to become friends with him over the years and have helped out a lot with promotion when he was doing some shows in Nashville. I also helped design a website for him at one point, too. His post-Idol music, particularly his second album (Begin Again) is really good and was the kind of music I wish he'd done more of on Idol, though that cast was really limited by their song lists.

143. Camile Velasco - One of my least favourite alumni ever. Simon's comment over her Elton John performance was the only good thing to come out of her time on the show.

142. Lindsey Cardinale - It's not a rumour, actually. WNTS's about page specifically lists her (and Nadia Turner) as the inspiration behind the site's name. That said, she was alright, but I agree that her song selection was terrible.

141. Ramiele Malubay - S7 is my favourite season, so in that regard, I like her, but I didn't really care for her all things considered. I would've preferred seeing Alexandréa, Asia'h or even Kady Malloy in the finals over her.

145. Fair enough. The guys that season were pretty much a non-entity

144. Woah, that's cool you and your husband are friends with him and have helped him out over the years. Good to hear his post-Idol music is nice. It's too bad I couldn't really enjoy him on the show

143. :( though I understand. I wanted to rank her higher, but her run couldn't justify it

142. * Checks WNTS About Page * It is true. :haha: Both Lindsey and Nadia had questionable song choices. Nadia made hers work; Lindsey not so much. It was aggravating to see

141. Fair enough

140. Ben Briley - He was one of my favourites from S13 (not that that says much...), but I only really care about Jena and Jessica. He kind of shot himself in the foot with the final song he did (though Majesty was by far the worst that night), but I'd still put him higher on my personal ranking.

139. Qaasim Middleton - You kind of summed it up. I liked Qaasim because he was entertaining, and in a season where I hated most of the cast, that was appreciated. But I will forever be bitter they they saved him right after not saving Sarina-Joi Crowe.

138. Olivia Rox - Her being an IDF It Girl for her season was cringe. I hated all of her performances and couldn't understand what the show was seeing in her. She managed to make Kristen's performance of Unconditionally look good, which says it all really. Weirdly enough, Trouble was my favourite of hers.

137. Amanda Overmyer - I loved her in S7 and enjoyed her album years ago when it came out. As much as I wanted her to stick around, I also think she left at the right time considering she would've been absolutely miserable on the Idol tour (which she herself has said :haha:).

136. Michelle Sussett - Not a fan in the slightest, but at least she left on a good note.

140. Fair enough. Ugh, don't remind me of Majesty's really poor song choice and said performance of it

139. As I've mentioned before, I don't like the save. However, I certainly would've saved Sarina over Qaasim. Them using it on him the week after saying it was too early to use it on Sarina completely nullified any credibility the judges had regarding the save. Nonetheless, agreed about Qaasim being entertaining at times

138. Her Unconditionally wasn't that bad. :haha: With that said, I do remember you saying she was your least favorite finalist that season, so this shouldn't be surprising

137. No doubt she would've been miserable on tour. However, just thinking about her having to do the cheesy group performances makes me think what could've been :haha:

136. Fair enough

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

@Crisis I'm very pleased that one of my favorite S13 contestants hasn't been ranked yet. I don't want to say their name because I don't want to jinx it. ūüėä

It probably is better not to say anything. :haha:

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

@Crisis When can we expect the next set? 

The earliest most likely would be tomorrow evening. I haven't even started the write-ups yet.

Just now, Crisis said:

It probably is better not to say anything. :haha:

The earliest most likely would be tomorrow evening. I haven't even started the write-ups yet.

It's ok, take your time. I'm going to use this time to try to crack some of these clues! :lmao:

I have no complaints about the rankings. ¬†Oh, and I thought Michelle‚Äôs version of ‚ÄúRemember Me‚ÄĚ was better than Alejandro‚Äôs as well. ¬†Alejandro does fine with his original songs but is hit-or-miss with covers.

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I have no complaints about the rankings. ¬†Oh, and I thought Michelle‚Äôs version of ‚ÄúRemember Me‚ÄĚ was better than Alejandro‚Äôs as well. ¬†Alejandro does fine with his original songs but is hit-or-miss with covers.

Not to derail the thread but I agree. He has good covers that are underrated though...

Yellow, I Fall Apart, One Dance, and Sorry. ūüôā¬†I also¬† thought he did good on Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word.¬†

11 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Good to see there are no complaints about the rankings. :)) As for Alejandro, I'll wait until his write-up before I say anything about him.

9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Not to derail the thread but I agree. He has good covers that are underrated though...

Yellow, I Fall Apart, One Dance, and Sorry. ūüôā¬†I also¬† thought he did good on Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word.¬†

I‚Äôd agree that some of Alejandro‚Äôs covers were hits, at least to first base. ¬†‚ÄúRemember Me‚ÄĚ was a miss, however.

11 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Agree with this. I quite enjoyed Michelle's version and thought she should have stayed after that performance (at least one more week) but there was just no way she was staying any longer.

Posted (edited)

I personally think that Alejandro is overrated. He wasn't THAT great. I think he is overrated in the same vain as Arthur. I guess this would count as an unpopular opinion? ūüėģ¬†In terms of Michelle, the wild card picks on ABC never go far. Two of them always get out during Disney Night and the other one gets out the round after.¬†

Edited by Bk1234

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I personally think that Alejandro is overrated. He wasn't THAT great. I think he is overrated in the same vain as Arthur. I guess this would count as an unpopular opinion? ūüėģ¬†In terms of Michelle, the wild card picks on ABC never go far. Two of them always get out during Disney Night and the other one gets out the round after.¬†

For ABC, it would certainly be an unpopular opinion. ¬†I think that Alejandro is somewhat overrated ‚ÄĒ fine songwriter, okay performance skills, mediocre singer.

2 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

For ABC, it would certainly be an unpopular opinion. ¬†I think that Alejandro is somewhat overrated ‚ÄĒ fine songwriter, okay performance skills, mediocre singer.

That's how I feel about him. His original songs were great, but I remember this one duet with Walker where it felt like he was whispering.

:hijacked: J/K, I'm actually enjoying the conversation :haha:

Just popping in to say so.

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Ironically, 2 people of color considered over rated?  Not surprising.  The core Idol audience has always been very conservative.  But no one will ever admit their prejudices.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

Ironically, 2 people of color considered over rated?  Not surprising.  The core Idol audience has always been very conservative.  But no one will ever admit their prejudices.

I'm sorry, but I did not mean any harm. I think you're taking this to a whole different level. I personally loved both Alejandro and Arthur during their seasons, so whatever, say what you want. :no:

Edited by Bk1234

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

:mad:  I voted for a black female who had tattoos just this past season!  If I was as conservative as you seem to think, would I vote for a black girl with tattoos?  I thought that Alejandro and Arthur were overrated because of Alejandro’s singing skills and Arthur’s performance style, not because they were people of color!  I think that sometimes, you’re seeing racism where it doesn’t exist.  Not always, but with me, you’re seeing it when I lack it.  I will admit that I’m somewhat biased towards female contestants, especially those with powerful voices, however.

:no:

This is not what I had in mind when creating this thread. I just wanted to bring back an old school IDF pastime of listing favorite American Idol contestants because it was something I really enjoyed reading. The main thing I worried about was whether or not I would be flamed or ridiculed for having an opinion that wasn't similar enough to other posters. I never expected to have to worry about race or ethnicity being an issue, especially when there are no grounds for it. I don't want to go any further on this subject, plus I don't want this thread to be suspended or locked, so I'm going to ask not to escalate this any more here. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

To try to bring this back to normal, I have some homework to do tonight. However, should I get done with it quickly, I'll try to post the next set. If not, I will definitely have it up tomorrow.