American Idol Renewed!

Carrie_On

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 7:20 PM, m1key said:

I get that had the virus not have happened we wouldve had 8 LIVE episodes, which is an improvement from S16's 5 Live Episodes and S17's 6 Live Episodes, but we want the old idol back with only person going home per week! 

The old Idol is never coming back.  It was cancelled by FOX.  The Oscars will be going back to the end of Feb next year, so the premiere for Idol will be in early Mar.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Carrie_On said:

I agree. Less talking and more singing. I want Nigel Lythgoe back. I’m sure he’s learned from the S12 blunder. I did enjoy Season 16 but the past two seasons have been poorly managed, even though the talent has been great. 

I think this season would had been better managed if it weren't for the pandemic.

They need to fire everyone currently associated with Idol - Seacrest, the Judges, and the Producers, go back to the drawing board, and start from scratch.  I don't ever want to see Katy Perry again - anywhere! This season was so bad I couldn't even watch it.  I held my nose & skimmed thru bits and pieces of the episodes I recorded on DVR - and avoided more than half the episodes altogether.  

They need to make major changes to the format and get the new panel of Judges involved in the contestants song choices and mentoring - and send Bobby Bones back to radio.   If they don't change the format I won't watch at all anymore.

Edited by Cranberrys
punctuation

14 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

They need to fire everyone currently associated with Idol - Seacrest, the Judges, and the Producers, go back to the drawing board, and start from scratch.  I don't ever want to see Katy Perry again - anywhere! This season was so bad I couldn't even watch it.  I held my nose & skimmed thru bits and pieces of the episodes I recorded on DVR - and avoided more than half the episodes altogether.  

They need to make major changes to the format and get the new panel of Judges involved in the contestants song choices and mentoring - and send Bobby Bones back to radio.   If they don't change the format I won't watch at all anymore.

Meh, I don't think you would be a big loss. And you are bitter that Idol beat The Voice last week, after you trashed the ratings earlier in the season. ;)

Edited by countrynineteen

Its not ideal format, but they got through it. And that's probably why they want to continue.

If they're gonna end it, they want to get back on the original format end it that way. Because this isn't a good way to end it.

People are forgetting the unique and difficult situation they're in this season. They could have easily dropped the ball and called it quits two months ago, when some people were even suggesting to just cancel the season and the show. But they didn't, and even gave the contestants extra screentime. Classy move if you ask me.

Edited by jjeem

38 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

If you hate it all so much then leave! The door is that way. Nobody wants to hear about how you hate everything.