How different would the results be, if not for the virus?

blujayyoungs

Do you guys think the results would've changed (Top 10, Top 7) if we had live shows and longer weeks? 

I personally think that Makayla and Lauren Spencer would've had different fates if there was a live audience, and Louis and Jonny would not have made it Top 7 tbh. 

Wouldn't have changed much.

Arthur, Jonny, Fransisco and Dillon all would have rolled through the votes

Only way they potentially wouldnt is if it was old school idol of 12 weeks with the old voting methods where maybe some of them suck votes from the others.

The less brutal cuts will give more rooms for the underdogs aka Sophia, Lauren and Makayla to grow. They are also the ones who would perform the best on stage with live audiences while kids like Arthur/Jonny will get boring quick. 

Francisco will emerge as the main frontrunner over Arthur

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

The less brutal cuts will give more rooms for the underdogs aka Sophia, Lauren and Makayla to grow. They are also the ones who would perform the best on stage with live audiences while kids like Arthur/Jonny will get boring quick. 

Francisco will emerge as the main frontrunner over Arthur

Uhhhh Arthur and Jonny are far older and more experienced than those girls you mentioned lmao. Two of them actuall being kids.

And singers like Lauren and Makayla are usually the ones who fade quick when its realized they don't have any musicianship and are(unfortunately) female.

I agree with yall that singers like Lauren, Kimmy, and Makayla would have definitely made it further. Singers like Louis and Jonny wouldve probably fell behind for a lack of stage presence and not singing uptempos. 

No change. Nothing indicates what we're seeing now is any different than the past 10 years.

Though I see Francisco lagging cause he's got stage fright.

Edited by jjeem

- Francisco would've gotten stronger as the competition progressed

- Arthur would've faded and exited early (first two weeks of the "main competition"/what you call "the finals")

- Sophia would've made the Top 5 (otherwise she definitely would've had more than two weeks in the main competition)

Edited by ShortstopVM

There would be a CHANGE AT ALL. Look, if we had longer weeks, teen-belters like Makayla, Lauren, etc. would have had the chance to work around the stage and perform well, greatly appealing to the audience. Being limited to a small space didn't helped their appeal to America at all. Having longer weeks will make Louis, Dillon, Jonny, etc., less and less entertaining and appealing.

We all know that the guys made it through because they've had the fan bases from the start, but if the show have had longer weeks, one of the teen divas would've make more exciting performances, thus forming fan bases and momentum throughout the competition. Audiences will get bored by the same sound (the guys) every week (if it has longer weeks). That's my opinion.

I'm still salty about an all guys (except my QUEEN JUST SAM) top 6. Lauren, Sophia, Makayla, and others were way more interesting.

There’d be more time for the others, mainly Francisco to show how much better they are and grow, meaning Arthur wouldn’t win even though he’s heavily pushed as TCO from the start. Arthur would be a shock 4th place boot if it was the classic idol format.

i think the girls would also do better since a lot of them were performers.