Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

I love Revenge of the Sith despite a lot of the cheesy dialogue. It’s dark and visually appealing and ties up a lot of the loose ends from the prior two movies really nicely.

my problem with the new trilogy is they just tried too hard to add too many storylines and unnecessary characters. It was just like throwing a bunch of sh*t at a wall and hoping something would stick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. Return of the Jedi

5. Attack of the Clones

6. The Phantom Menace

7. The Force Awakens

8. The Last Jedi

9. The Rise of the Skywalker

Though the last two are interchangeable (as are Clones and Menace tbh)

Switch 6 and 7 and this is it.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. Return of the Jedi

5. Attack of the Clones

6. The Phantom Menace

7. The Force Awakens

8. The Last Jedi

9. The Rise of the Skywalker

Though the last two are interchangeable (as are Clones and Menace tbh)

Now this is a list I can get behind. :wub:

• Like 1

Just now, #jeah said:

Switch 6 and 7 and this is it.

Tbh that’s fair. I’m probably letting my anti-new trilogy bias affect that ranking lol. I feel like Phantom Menace at least...tried while Force Awakens was so safe.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Don't come for his factual rankings. 😘

For having Attack of the Clones that high? It was two hours of boredom that made Survivor: Thailand look exciting.

• Confused 1

My personal favorite is Rogue One, but obviously it only works in context with the original trilogy. The Last Jedi is a weird one for me because people seem to REALLY LOVE IT or REALLY HATE IT and I just thought it was nice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I love Revenge of the Sith despite a lot of the cheesy dialogue. It’s dark and visually appealing and ties up a lot of the loose ends from the prior two movies really nicely.

George Lucas' writing in general was pretty cheesy, but I agree. I was all for a PG-13 Star Wars.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, #jeah said:

my problem with the new trilogy is they just tried too hard to add too many storylines and unnecessary characters. It was just like throwing a bunch of sh*t at a wall and hoping something would stick.

DID YOU WATCH THE PREQUEL TRILOGY. LOLOLOLOLOL

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

For having Attack of the Clones that high? It was two hours of boredom that made Survivor: Thailand look exciting.

At LEAST Daisey Ridley and Adam Driver have chemistry that might make you believe that it's fine that Rey fell in love with the space equivalent of a Nazi general.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

My personal favorite is Rogue One, but obviously it only works in context with the original trilogy. The Last Jedi is a weird one for me because people seem to REALLY LOVE IT or REALLY HATE IT and I just thought it was nice. 

It's hated in the hardcore fan forums because they're all neck-beards who were mad the main characters were all women and minorities. 🍵

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

Rogue One 😍

Just now, totes4totes said:

At LEAST Daisey Ridley and Adam Driver have chemistry that might make you believe that it's fine that Rey fell in love with the space equivalent of a Nazi general.

No we most certainly were not okay with that!

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I have never seen the animated iterations. Star Wars was lucky I watched The Mandalorian.

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

The Last Jedi also has Laura Dern.

:bobo: 

• Like 1

I feel like Star Wars would be better off doing The Mandalorian type shows where they focus on bits and pieces of characters and stories not linked to the Skywalker Saga and exploring how the collapse of an empire impacts the known universe. Like after Rise of Skywalker I was REALLY depressed about the future of Star Wars media (especially following Solo) but The Mandalorian made me realize that there is a space for still interesting Star Wars stories to be told.