Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

The Fate of the Furious (2017 dir. by F. Gary Gray)

4Yco.gif

I have made it very clear that I am simply not fond of this film franchise. Not because I am a hater, but simply because the series is just so repetitive. I can only watch crazy sh*t happen involving cars before I am just bored to death. This is the eighth film in the series!!!! The eighth! Do you how many films deserved seven sequels more than Fast & Furious did?!?!?!

I will stop myself before getting way too annoying. LOL. This is the first film in the series to not feature Paul Walker, as he passed during the filming of the predecessor, Furious 7. However, this film features all of the familiar faces of the franchise: Vin Diesel, The Rock, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, Tyrese, Nathalie Emmanuel, Elsa Pataky, Luke Evans, Don Omar, Tego Calderon, Kurt Russell, and Jason Statham. Charlize Theron stars in this film as the main villain, Cipher. Scott Eastwood also joins the crew. 

Instead of focusing on cars and explosions and Vin Diesel's bald head, this movie missed the epic opportunity to showcase a lesbian relationship between Michelle Rodriguez and Charlize Theron. That is the stuff of dreams!!!!!!! How can I make this a reality?!?! 

Except this film just decided to give us some random plot where Cipher is a cyberterrorist that convinces Dom (Diesel) to work for her and turn against his team, which then prompts his team to take down Cipher and knock some sense into Dom. 

WOW. How boring. I demand that this film be remade into a lesbian action-thriller focusing on Charlize Theron and Michelle Rodriguez being super hot and driving cars. This is a movie I would pay to see!!!

Though I guess the filmmakers did not need me to pay to see this film, considering it raked in $1.236 billion, a revenue that makes this film the eleventh highest-grossing movie ever. It was at one point the highest-grossing opening as well, but Infinity War took that title away.

Reviews for the film were mixed, which is a big step down from the very beloved Furious 7. Reviews for the film are pretty predictable, claiming that the movie is a ton of fun. This series knows what it is and does not try to stray away from that path, which is solid. But this eighth series introduced a bit of fatigue into the franchise.

Not like that matters because the sequel, F9, is set for release next year!

SAVING: 50/50

22 JUMP STREET (2014)

Image later

Okay, I’ve targeted these movies for awhile - I didn’t find the first one all that funny really and while I haven’t seen 22 Jump Street, the rule of thumb is that sequels are almost always worse than the original. So, that’s how I decided upon this cut. 22 Jump Street is a “buddy cop” action film that came out in 2014 and stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill, reprising their roles as undercover cops. This time they go to a college and are trying to find the supplier of a new drug that’s circling the campus. I’m sure it’s funny here and there and the movies have a huge fan following. This particular one has an 84% on RT and grossed like $330 million. Not bad! Out it goes from the rankdown. Maybe I’ll watch it one day.

saving: Logan Lucky

13 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Instead of focusing on cars and explosions and Vin Diesel's bald head, this movie missed the epic opportunity to showcase a lesbian relationship between Michelle Rodriguez and Charlize Theron. That is the stuff of dreams!!!!!!! How can I make this a reality?!?! 

Except this film just decided to give us some random plot where Cipher is a cyberterrorist that convinces Dom (Diesel) to work for her and turn against his team, which then prompts his team to take down Cipher and knock some sense into Dom. 

WOW. How boring. I demand that this film be remade into a lesbian action-thriller focusing on Charlize Theron and Michelle Rodriguez being super hot and driving cars. This is a movie I would pay to see!!!

Have Megan and I morphed into one being?

giphy.gif

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Salmon-fishing-in-the-yemen-poster.jpg

tumblr_ob789j3zVi1qd0jobo1_500.gif

I love me some Emily Blunt but I haven't watched this film before and I think it has already been nominated several times so I might as well just cut it now. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen is a 2011 romantic comedy drama based on the 2007 novel of the same name. The film plots in Wikipedia says the following: The film is about a fisheries expert who is recruited by a consultant to help realize a sheikh's vision of bringing the sport of fly fishing to the Yemen desert, initiating an upstream journey of faith to make the impossible possible. To be honest that doesn't sound very interesting but given the cast I can assume the acting was pretty good. The cast of the film included the likes of: Emily Blunt, Ewan McGregor, Kristin Scott Thomas, Amy Waked and Tom Mison among others. The film made a total of $34M in the box office against a budget of $14M, which made it a mild success. The movie currently holds a Tomatoscore of 67% and a Metascore of 58/100 and with those scores I probably wouldn't watch the film so I hope I'm not missing out.

Saving Sorry to Bother you

tenor.gif?itemid=12187471

giphy.gif

Zombieland: Double Tap

I really enjoyed the first Zombieland movie a lot. But I think that after 10 years, I wasn't really wanting a sequel and I think that the cultural movement for Zombies in the US had really passed, so this movie was going to have to work extra hard to make it seem necessary in the year 2019 and despite the fact that I am a big fan of the first movie, I had no idea a second one was arriving which I feel was already a bad sign. Picking up 10 years after the events of the first movie, Double Tap focuses on kind of the theme of finding home with a chosen family. And despite some hiccups the characters kind of begin and end in the same place, with each other. And the core group of Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin is still fun. But it feels that this movie never really tried to evolve or expand on what made the first movie fun making it altogether pretty uncessary.

Saving: Magic Mike

7 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

at least with victoria this is what I deserve after nominating two harry potter movies and two hunger games movies.

And two of them got eliminated. :claybleh: And the films you mentioned have all been saved. 😮

3 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Sorry to bother was actually my favorite film from this set and did not deserve to be nominated this soon, so Victoria watch it please 😘

The premise just seemed so boring to me. BlacKkKlansman outsold. :wub: I think it's on HBO Max though so I will give it a watch. 😘

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

The premise just seemed so boring to me. BlacKkKlansman outsold. :wub: I think it's on HBO Max though so I will give it a watch. 😘

I actually haven’t watched BlacKkKlansman yet :ph34rwave: 

but it is on my watchlist along other 1000 films

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

It's faaaaaaaar from boring. But I hated it! I found it extremely sloppy, self-righteous, and borderline pretentious. Appreciate the anti-capitalist messages, a shame it was stuck with that writing and direction.