Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

War Dogs

220px-War_Dogs_2016_poster.jpg

I don't know what I'm cutting. I don't know what I'm saving. The only thing I know is that I need 8 hours of sleep asap so I will give this my "garbage write up" treatment and pray I don't piss someone off with this move (and if I did, idc, remind me tomorrow, then I might care). This movie is a dark comedy released on 2016, and the are some biographical elements to it (apparently blown up to the nth degree bc why not). The film follows two arms dealerswho get a U.S. Army contract to supply ammunitions for the Afghan National Army worth approximately $300 million. Lit. The movie stars Jonah Hill, Miles Teller, Ana de Armas, and Bradley Cooper. Now I have to feel bad I cut a Ana de Armas film. Again, that will happen in the morning. Sorry if anyone likes it, but I'm beyond late and beyond tired.

Saved: idk something abt sleeping

A Kid Like Jake

tumblr_p748wgVnnA1wapbimo10_400.gifv

I didn't get any recommendations on what to do so I just went with what had the lower score on Rotten Tomatoes. Let the record show I have no idea what these movies are about and I have never heard of either of them. A Kid Like Jake was released in 2018 and is an American drama film directed by Silas Howard and written by Daniel Pearle. It is based on his own 2013 play of the same name. The film stars Claire Danes, Jim Parsons, Priyanka Chopra, Amy Landecker, Ann Dowd, and Octavia Spencer. The movie is about a set of parents, Alex & Greg Wheeler,  and how they are struggling with with their 4 year old son's gender identity when they come the to the conclusion that he might be transgender. The film received mixed reviews from critics and a 53% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Nasty Baby's score was higher so it got to stay.

Save: Nasty Baby

My flawless, obviously well thought out nominations 

127 Hours
The Illusionist
It's Kind of a Funny Story
The Amazing Spider-Man

The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo 

Pacific Rim
Big Eyes
The Fault in Our Stars
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Into the Woods
Ant-Man
The Final Girls
Finding Dory
Atomic Blonde
The Killing Of A Sacred Deer
Uncut Gems
Scream 4 
Martha Marcy May Marlene

apHpEwz.jpg

BIG EYES (2014)

Big Eyes has a lot going for it - it stars the incomparable Amy Adams who plays Margaret Keane. Who’s her husband? The wonderful Christoph Waltz. This is a biopic movie about a painter/artist, directed by Tim Burton, an intriguing combination that could have had a lot of promise. I actually didn’t see this one because I remember it got really tepid reviews and there’s nothing I hate more than a boring, non entertaining biopic. Even Amy Adams starring in it hasn’t persuaded me to watch this movie. Uhhh let’s see basically her husband took credit for all of Margaret’s work so the movie centers around their dissolving marriage and the lawsuit that followed. And now it leaves this rankdown.

saving: scream 4

Pacific Rim

Pacific_Rim_FilmPoster.jpeg

RewardingGlassKusimanse-size_restricted.

I'm pretty sure I cut the sequel to this some rounds ago but I'm too lazy to check that out. But if I did I guess I'm the right person to also cut the original film. Pacific Rim is a 2013 science-fiction monster film directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Guillermo Del Toro has some really great movies like The Shape of Water, Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy so I assumed this was supposed to be a great movie as well. But according to the critics it was just okay, not bad but nothing amazing. The film takes place in the future where the humans are at war with a race called the Kaju, some giant sea monsters that have come from inter dimensional portal and start attacking the earth. To fight against them, the Jaegers are created by the humans, gigantic humanoid robots controlled by human pilots who are linked to them by their brain. The cast have some great names like Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day and Rob Kazinsky. The movie was also a modest success with $400M against a budget of $200M. Sorry to any fans out there but I don't really think there's anyone here that actually love this film.

Saving How to train your Dragon 2

tumblr_nlzrqecPW31s6pp33o1_500.gif

The Fault in Our Stars

source.gif

I've seen this movie and it was cute and all but it can leave among the nominees presented to me. The Faults in Our Stars is a 2014 American romantic drama film directed by Josh Boone. It is based on the novel of the same name by John Green that was released in 2012. The film stars Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace Lancaster and Ansel Elgort as Augustus "Gus"Waters. The film also stars Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, Nat Wolff, and Willem Dafoe, Hazel Grace Lancaster is a 16 year-old cancer patient who is forced by her parents to attend a support group where she meets Augustus Waters, another cancer patient whom she falls in love with. The film was distributed by 20th Century Fox. The movie has a sad ending where Gus dies. The film received generally positive reviews from critics with praise given to Woodley's and Elgort's performances and chemistry together. The film grossed over $307 million worldwide against a budget of $12 million so it was super profitable. It has a 81% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes and it won all the awards it was nominated for at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards. The movie has a fair share of fans but it's time is up now.

Save: Ant-Man

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I trusted Anne to not hurt me, and now we are losing Pacific Rim and potentially Atomic Blonde. My heart.

1 minute ago, .Rei said:

Sorry to any fans out there but I don't really think there's anyone here that actually love this film.

Well this didn't age well 

• Haha 1

dnoow-RPBSEP113A6-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1540908382727._SX1080_.jpg 

UncommonDistinctAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

When making the decision to cut this movie, I was under the impression that it was the Jessica Biel movie but it is not as it was released in 2006. However, this movie also known as The Illusionist was released in 2010 - it is an animated movie. It is a movie that I've never heard of until now - I am intrigued in finding more about it;  It takes place in Paris in 1969 where an illusionist moves to London. Due to the change in the entertainment business, he finds himself performing in front of smaller crowd which brings him to a scottish island - on the said island, he entertains the locals. While there, he forms a bond with Alice where they find themselves in Edinburgh - this has an effect on the illusionist has an impact on his salary. He tried so hard to please Alice that he found himself to pawn his magic kit. But, Alice finds herself a young man where he sees them walking together and he is heartbroken  - he departs on a train where he may never do magic again. At the end of the day, he said that magicians do not exists - I assume its' because he was unable to receive Alice's love. 

It seems that the movie was inspired by a love letter written by a french individual known as Jacques Tati - the letter was for his daughter, and the movie was never produced. And the movie was well received by the audience and critics - it lost to Toy Story 3. And it has an incredible score on Rotten Tomatoes - I would like to watch it but unfortunately, the movie was the victim of me not knowing what it was.

SAVING: MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE