Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

4 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i surveyed 10 friends just now about jake gyllenhall and the consensus was "good looking but not hot" so now i feel you are all gaslighting me into believing that he's like fire in your loins hot.

I'm married to someone who doesn't find him hot :(

Happy Death Day 2U

Happy_Death_Day_2U.png

VacantHeavyBeetle-max-1mb.gif

Happy Death Day 2U is a 2019 science fiction slasher film and the sequel to the 2017 film Happy Death Day. The film follows the same lead from the previous movie, Tree Gelbman, who gets transported to a different dimension, where she is force to relive the a different version of the same day over and over again while she is trying to get home and a serial's killer is on the loose. According to Wikipedia, the film changed its tone a little bit in comparison with the first film being more sci-fi this time around. The cast of the movie included the likes of Jessica Rothe, Israel Broussard, Suraj Sharma and Steve Zissis, among others. The movie made a total of $65M against a budget of $9M which made it a success. It also got good reviews from the audience and critics and currently holds a Tomatoscore of 70% and a Metascore of 57. Apparently a third movie might or might not happen in the future.

Saving Argo

2JWF.gif

giphy.gif

We're the Millers

I think Jennifer Aniston is a talented actress who keeps ending up in not great movies and this is one of those not great movies. It's kind of a bummer. Anyway, I don't really like Jason Sudeikis (not for any reason, his work and style of comedy and acting just don't really appeal to me) so this movie already had that working against it. Even if I really like Jennifer Aniston. We're the Millers is a crime comedy movie where Jason Sudeikis's character David hires a fictional family to help him smuggle drugs from Mexico to the United States. Honestly. Maybe my uncle should have had the same idea. Maybe then he wouldn't be caught. I DIGRESS THOUGH. This isn't about my family drama. (And honestly, prescription drugs are way easier to smuggle across the border if you are white passing). Anyway, David is just smuggling weed. I mean. Even in pre-2010s US. Weed is easy enough to grow in the US. Because it's a comedy film starring Jason Sudeikis they probably didn't want to smuggle anything harder or more dangerous. Anyway, We're the Millers is an all right movie. And made it way too long in this rankdown.

Saving: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

TRAINWRECK (2015)

source.gif

Had no idea this movie was still in the rankdown, I have been targeting it for many cycles so I will gladly cut it here. I don't hate the movie per say, but I am NOT much of an Amy Schumer fan as her humor and her personality don't really do much for me. Were there entertaining parts of this movie? Sure. Is it extremely cliche and one that I never need to see again? You bet. It stars Amy Schumer, Bill Hader :wub:, Brie Larson, John Cena, Vanessa Bayer :wub:, and Tilda Swinton among others. Fantastic cast. Written by Amy Schumer and directed by Judd Apatow, this comedy movie depicts the story of a sexully...active? wild? free? woman who meets a really nice doctor who challenges her disdain for monogamy. Again, super unoriginal plot. I do like how the roles are reversed a bit. Often times historically the man in the movie has been a womanizer and he meets a woman who forces him to ~settle down~. Anyways out this goes from the rankdown!

Save The Revenant