Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Just now, totes4totes said:

you gonna cut last jedi again? or how about my second favorite movie of the decade: the favourite

The Favourite is in my favorites of the decade so I would never! 

it was literally the theme of my IDF sig last year lmao

Edited by #jeah

Ocean's 8

source.gif

These noms hurt. They really do. Looking at this gif and all the amazing women it hurts too but cuts have to be made, unfortunately. I have never actually got around to seeing the movie so it makes the cut easier. Both movies I cut and saved both have 8 in it. :giggle:Ocean's 8  is a 2018 American heist comedy film directed by Gary Ross and written by Ross and Olivia Milch. The film is a both a continuation and spin-off of the Ocean's trilogy The film features an  all-star ensemble cast including Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, and Awkwafina. All amazing women. The movie follows a group of women led by Debbie Ocean played by Sandra Bullock. They plan a sophisticated heist at the annual Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. The film was released by Warner Bros. Pictures and it grossed $297 million worldwide. It received a lukewarm response from critics. The cast was applauded though but the film was critiqued as inconsistent. The film received an approval rating of 69% which is better than the score for Ocean's Twelve! I need to watch the film on some streaming service but for now it leaves the rankdown.

Save: Super 8

GODZILLA

main-qimg-2c64555f180f7a2c455563a45b1f93bf

Everybody knows Godzilla. Godzilla is one of the most recognizable movie monsters (maybe even the most recognizable). I saw one of many Godzilla movies before, but I haven't seen any since then. I feel like any Godzilla movie would be formulaic, and I can't imagine getting anything new out of this 2014 version or its 2019 sequel. According to Wikipedia, this version of the film focuses on a soldier trying to return home while Godzilla has started battle with two parasitic monsters called MUTOs. The film is set in Japan, so that's good that the writers of this film stayed true to the source material. Godzilla is also viewed as a savior by the end of the film, and he's dubbed the King of Monsters. Anyway, the cast of this film includes Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, Sally Hawkins, David Strathairn, and Bryan Cranston. Rotten Tomatoes says "With just enough human drama to anchor the sweeping spectacle of giant monsters smashing everything in sight, Gareth Edwards' Godzilla satisfyingly restores the franchise's fire-breathing glory." The site also gives it a 76% approval rating. This seems like a good movie, but I can't say it's one I'll be seeking out to watch. So sorry to fans, but out it goes from the rankdown.

And I'm saving Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1.

jLS18qkWmwKdq_tcEpEepxzV4Mb-WkZP8lEVX3Ts3Lwl4MH5Vetnkx_QLcg61mMMt-0EesSS1vZzks-CqNpOv0ztlWtHBUxBJ_W3gFQ7KEL8lIPXR3tYQ9aIU0IshlT75qBpYRy_QvTFEseUfekSmrQQ77S9xR5mXiSps9M_

Pitch Perfect

I will wonder this afternoon how i didn’t get fired after spending the entire morning looking at my phone doing nothing. Anyway, Pitch Perfect, funny movie, a nice way to spend time, not really that much else, and since I’m too lazy to read what the 2 horror movies are about and everyone is up in arms abt these noms, I decided to do something easy and non-controversial - a moment of growth from me that will be followed by something extremely petty and/or insane I’m sure. Pitch Perfect follows Anna Kendrick as Beca, who joins an all-female acapella college group that’s trying to recover after one of its members projectile vomited during a national-level performance. Truly riveting and profound issues. Anyway, I filled this with so much filler that I will give more info. Starred by: Anna Kendrick, Skylar Astin, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Hana Mae Lee, Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean, Kelley Jakle, Shelley Regner, Wanetah Walmsley, Adam DeVine, Ben Platt, Utkarsh Ambudkar, John Michael Higgins, and Elizabeth Banks. Also did well enough commercially to get 2 sequels, so good job there. I’m out.

Save: The Force Awakens