Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

Bernard

latest?cb=20160709091608

This cut was kind of strategic because I wanted Miss Bianca to be last character from The Rescuers to be left in the game. And then she got saved unexpectedly saved so I could change my cut and she could still be the last character standing......but I also don't care all that much about Bernard while their are greats like Kari still nominated so I gotta shoot my shot. Bernard was a janitor for the Rescue Aid Society when he got recruited by Miss Bianca to join her and help rescue Penny from Madame Medusa. He's a lot more shy and nervous than Miss Bianca is, which is why I stan her and not him lol. He's always afraid of whatever they're doing and Miss Bianca has to convince him that it's for the best to save Penny. For example, he always wants to take the train while Miss Bianca has to convince him that it's faster to fly by bird. Bernard begins to show some bravery throughout the movie though and helps to save Penny. He's a fine character, but he's no Miss Bianca.

Save Princess Eilonwy

King Louie

623f18704f758f11e3deace9103d0dfe.gif

King Louie is orangutan from The Jungle Book, who is also the ruler of the Ancient Ruins.  He is King of the Apes! King Louie has dreams of becoming a man and hopes to learn the secret of man's "red flower" to fulfill those dreams. So, when he hears that a mancub (Mowgli) is being taken to the Man-Village, but wants to stay in the jungle, King Louie thinks this is his chance to learn the secret and sends his monkey minions after him. Mowgli is kidnapped and delivered to King Louie, who promises to allow Mowgli to stay in the jungle if he will help him in return. From here, we get the iconic musical number "I Wanna Be Like You", in which Louie expresses his great desires to become a man.

J12gk55.gif BouncyClassicIcefish-max-1mb.gif

Check out the moves. :giggle: Of course, Mowgli is clueless on how to help him.  Louie then gets distracted by a ~female orangutan~, who is really only Baloo in disguise.  :giggle: 

giphy1.gif?w=270

Him and Bagheera set out to rescue Mowgli and Louie is forced to stay behind and protect his palace. His kingdom gets destroyed anyway, and he is not seen again after being left behind in the ruins of his fallen empire. Ouch.  Well, King Louie is not my favorite character and I prefer many other movies, but this is still a classic and his song in particular is iconic and what I most associate with The Jungle Book. So well done to King Louie for that.

Saving: Owl 

tumblr_inline_nz7rbxnEhz1s79wiw_500.gif

Honey Lemon

gif mine disney Best Scene Disneyedit Big Hero 6 honey lemon bh6 ...

From the movie Big Hero 6 (2014)

350?cb=20160505193934

Voiced by Genesis Rodriguez

Genesis Rodriguez - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Honey Lemon is another one of the six from the team Big Hero 6. As we've seen in other write-ups, this team got together after the death of Tadashi and used their intellect and inventive skills to create ironman-esque hero suits with certain abilities. Honey Lemon's specialty is chemistry, and she uses a super duper purse (werk diva) with a touch screen that can create balls of chemicals she uses as weapons, tools, etc. Utility belt? Never heard of her. We only use Versace handbags in this house. Her bubbly personality plays against some of the other more serious characters on the team. And apparently she's latina??? We have no choice but to stan.

Save: Jane

Disney Jane GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

REMAINING

Taran (THE BLACK CAULDRON)

Kari (THE INCREDIBLES)

Bing Bong (INSIDE OUT)

Riley Andersen (INSIDE OUT)

David (LILO & STITCH)

Mama Odie (THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG)

Ray (THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG)

Maid Marian (ROBIN HOOD)

Terk (TARZAN)

Rabbit (WINNIE THE POOH)

Miss Eglantine Price (BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS)

Tess Coleman (FREAKY FRIDAY)

Tess Coleman (Freaky Friday)

tumblr_pkimkcPlST1raqnf9o2_r1_500.gifv

Jamie Lee Curtis is amazing in this role! So much so that she earned a well-deserved Golden Globe nomination for her performance! That being said, in terms of iconic Disney characters, Tess Coleman simply does not pop up anywhere on my radar. At all. In fact, I think we have lost characters far more iconic than her already, so this is an elimination that I actually find a bit overdue. Sorry @Alex95 for this cut, I hate to do it to you because we generally agree on most things in this game.

Do not get me wrong, I love Tess Coleman! JLC makes this movie incredible, along with the fantastic performances by Pink Slip. Christina Vidal deserves more love! Tess is at her best when she is doing the talk show interview. Or maybe she is at her best when she shreds guitar backstage.

I always forget that Tess is randomly pursued by Jake in this movie. LOL. Lowkey problematic on top of the fact that they go the stereotypical route of portraying the Chinese as mystical and magical.

Despite all of this problematic nonsense, Tess Coleman really is a fabulous character. But she is just not on my shortlist of iconic Disney characters. In fact, she is probably really low on the list. Animated Disney > Live-Action Disney.

I imagine Alex is going to be screaming Tess' most iconic line at me for making this cut...

"Make good choices!"

SAVING: Mama Odie

Taran (The Black Cauldron)

tumblr_m2lnfwQlpp1qhigt0o1_400.gifv

Taran gets the boot simply because I love every character still in danger far more than I do him. He is the protagonist of The Black Cauldron, a very headstrong, courageous, adventurous, brave, kind, and heroic protagonist. Taran was a foundling found by Dallben, who took him in as his own. As Taran grew up, he desired to adventure beyond the borders of Caer Dallben. Hen Wen escaping from her closure is what allows Taran to finally embark on the adventure he so longs to take. 

On this adventure, he of course meets and falls in love with Princess Eilonwy. He frees the magical sword Dyrnwyn in order to dfeat the Horned King. Taran manages to save the day and destroy the Horned King, with the help of the sacrificial Gurgi. This sacrifice allows Taran to realize the meaning of true friendship, which results in him giving up the sword and trading the Cauldron for the revival of his friend. 

Underrated movie and good character, but a fair cut given his competitors.

SAVING: Ray

Remaining:

Kari (THE INCREDIBLES)

Bing Bong (INSIDE OUT)

Riley Andersen (INSIDE OUT)

David (LILO & STITCH)

Maid Marian (ROBIN HOOD)

Terk (TARZAN)

Rabbit (WINNIE THE POOH)

Miss Eglantine Price (BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS)

• Thanks 1

8ddf5c6d837cc931ce65539894134243.gif

Rabbit

Honestly, Rabbit is the least iconic of all the Hundred Acre Woods residents and should have been the first to go. I think he kind of slipped through the cracks and wasn't nominated until now so I am now taking the opportunity to cut him now. Rabbit is a grumpy old codger. Well that's maybe a little harsh when he's really more fussy and kind of gives off the vibe that he's better than everybody else. Honestly, I am probably harsh on Rabbit because I KNOW if I took a personality test I would come up as Rabbit. Somebody with a high opinion of themselves and believes they know better than everybody else. Also fussy. LOL. Anyway, unlike the rest of the Hundred Acre Woods residents he's one who is portrayed as an actual animal. Thus he looks and moves a little bit more realistic and doesn't have the same stitches that many other of the characters have. Ultimately Rabbit is good-hearted. He's just annoying.

Saving: DAVID. A PRINCE DESERVING TO OUTRANK LITERALLY ALL OTHER MALE CHARACTERS IN THIS RANKDOWN

c17c8ec8a46261add7e5c2106cfb7ade7053d9ed

Maid Marian

The female lead in Robin Hood but unfortunately she doesn't really do that much. I mean compared to Robin Hood. In an 83-minute movie, Maid Marian appears in just about 30 minutes of it. Her main role in the movie is to serve as Robin Hood's love interest. She's vaguely related to King Richard (by marriage? She's supposed to be his niece? WHO KNOWS. I THINK RICHARD IS A LION SO WHO KNOWS HOW THAT WORKS) but not related to Prince John. She grew up with Robin Hood and is very much in love with him to the point that when Robin Hood enters and wins the archery tournament and is thus sentenced to death after his identity is revealed, she begs Prince John to spare his life. Though her pleas don't really work and Robin Hood is later saved with help from Little John. Anyway, after getting engaged to Robin Hood she pretty much disappears until the end of the movie and at the end she marries Robin Hood. 

Saving: Miss Englantine Price

TERK
HollowSlushyAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

A late addition to this rankdown, Terk is character from Tarzan - a movie that I enjoy but not as much as I enjoy Inside Out.  She is known as a "big sister" to Tarzan where she is described as protective, concerned, and convinced that Tarzan needs her to survive in this world. And we are introduced to Terk as soon as we find out that her aunt, Kala, is coming back with an infant that will later be known as Tarzan. Throughout the movie, we find Terk looking after Tarzan until he gets stronger with time but even that doesn't stop her to be worry of his interaction with the human, including Jane. It's clear that Terk serves as a major character in the movie but unfortunately I have no attachment to her hence why I am cutting her.

SAVING: RILEY ANDERSEN (INSIDE OUT)