RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

ALL STARS SEASON 5 THOUGHTS

Alexis Mateo:  Oooh Alexis. LOL I low-key wish I hadn’t seen this season as it tainted my thoughts of her a little bit. 🙈 Don’t get me wrong…. I still love and consider myself an Alexis fan - loved Alexis on both S3 and AS1 but she seemed and felt sooo different this time round and had/did/said some things I was not really fond of. So this was my least fave season from her but I am still a fan of her AS5 run. Alexis did have a strong start with her Latin showgirl song/dance performance on the Episode 1 talent show. She killed it and gave such an electrifying performance. :bobo: I thought she was fun and performed well on the I’m in Love! girl group episode. I do think she did well and was funny as apart of The Glamazone group on the Get a Room! episode. Her 3 in 1 Circus runway look was a lot of fun. Although I think it was around that same episode where I felt Alexis was becoming a pot stirrer and showed a side of her I didn’t like. It was annoying how she overheard Miz Cracker’s comment of working with people she respected and how Alexis took that in a personal negative way thinking she was referring to her? :wacko: Alexis mentioned there being a language barrier and if that’s legit then my bad but that annoyed me how she just taunted Cracker about that. Then I wasn’t here for Alexis voting to eliminate Shea when she landed in the Bottom 3 (despite killing it the other two weeks). i get that strategy to knock out your hardest competition but I just….. don’t like it. 😐  But lmao it was hilariously awkward how Alexis & Shea worked together on the Housewives SheMZ improv sketch. They had this awkward “i hate you” tension that was hilarious and they actually worked well together on their skit. I’m glad Alexis warmed up to Shea after that. Although Alexis was a bit messy with overtaking on Shea’s parts. I do think Alexis did a hilarious job of Walter Mercado on Snatch Game of Love and had me really cracking up there. :lmao: I felt the same way as on this: where I didn’t know who Walter Mercado was but I was educa-tained by this performance where Alexis cracked me up and I got to learn who he was at the same time.  :haha: Ugh I hated the new “If you’re not on the top you’re in the bottom” twist that happened because Alexis was an easy Top 3 and didn’t deserve to be in danger. Then there was that whole drama India brought up of Alexis suggesting to india plotting against Shea to go that other week. I did NOT know who or what to believe on that as I kept going back and forth on that. :haha: I do want to believe Alexis but not 100% confident on  either side. But on the finale it does turn out Alexis was telling the truth and didn’t campaign to vote out Shea so that’s a big relief. I am glad Shea voted India out instead of Alexis as Alexis was a far better and more consistent competitor. I really liked her new creation dress with the red paper cups and long elegant dress on The Charles Family Backyard Ball episode. But I did think her first look was underwhelming and felt that could have been stronger (and character-wise too). I feel like Alexis’ bad social game did her in as well as the India drama that got her eliminated at the Final 5 point (although Elliott cleared it up for me that it was because the other contestants were closer friends with Blair). I was fine with her going at this point. So yeah I still really liked Alexis here but do feel like this was my least fave season of her. 

Blair St. Clair: I actually had no idea but am so happy that Blair ogot another chance for AS5 because she was an early fave of mine on S10 and I thought she was robbed on that season. I thought she was a really solid competitor and was consistently good throughout. She delivered a good singing performance on the talent show,  it was like this dark and intense performance but it was really cool. I thought one of Blair’s biggest shining moments was the I’m in Love! girl group challenge. It was a cutesy playful song and she had some funny humor to it and she just made that challenge work for her. Of course she performed it well too. She continued her strong run with that 24K Experience  hotel suite performance with Mayhem, which was another one of my favorite performances of hers. She sold the theme well and had a lot of fun with that. I thought she did well and was funny in the SheMZ improv sketch but got outshone by Jujubee and Miz Cracker. It was a case of being in a really strong group but not matching up to the two she was with. Her Ellen DeGeneres Snatch Game impersonation was a hit-or-miss performance. She had some funny moments but did rely on the lesbian jokes too much which made those jokes get tiresome quite fast. This was also another case of her being in a group with funnier contestants in Jujubee and Shea, who were both really hilarious with there characters. So The Charles Family Backyard Ball was meant to be her episode as she’s a design and stylish queen with sewing experience but neither of her outfits really popped and the first character was lacking the funny character that the other Queens had. The judges pointed out a lot of miss with those looks which did surprise me as I thought she would have done better. Then the same pretty much happened on the Stand-Up Smackdown episode. Blair had this great and hilarious run-through with Ross and Jane Krakowski. But then the actual comedy performance fell flat. She was too on script and over prepared and wasn’t in the moment. I was so shocked and disappointed as I thought she wa going to ace this challenge.  I felt these later episodes were like a “we’re trying to make Blair happen (as in her her a challenge win)” but it just never happened. She was an easy weak link of that Final 4 so I was fine with her going there. So I did really like Blair’s presence on the season. She started off strong but did get noticeably weaker as the competition went on. 

Derrick Barry: I enjoyed Derrick on S8 although yikes sadly this All-Stars appearance was a dud for her. It was interesting seeing all of the drama between Derrick and India Ferrah. I really wanted to see more of Derrick and to hopefully see different sides from her but her impersonations act was a dud and wasn’t really funny. :( I get how it was hard to tell certain celebs apart or recognize them and it made me think..she should definitely stick with Britney. It was also crazy seeing her arch rival in India slaying the first week with Derrick flopping so I felt Derrick was doomed either way. Her delusions of being shocked and thinking her act was funny & the audience loved it was both hilarious and annoying. :haha: 

India Ferrah: I have a strange roller coaster thoughts and feelings regarding India  Ferrah. I legit forgot who India was when she showed up (and I wonder how much/often this was the case with the Drag Race fans). But hen she mentioned being the one being picked up by Mimi Imfurst on their lip sync battle and then I remembered. :dead:  There was a whole bunch of drama with India vs. Derrick Barry and not gonna lie, but I was on Derrick’s side as I liked her more. But then wow India really impressed me with her talent show song/dance performance. I was loving that performance and actually loved the song. DRAG IS NOT A CONTACT SPORT! :bobo: That song was so catchy and was in my head for the rest of the episode. A deserved win! But then India peaked after that, was in Bottom 2 with underwhelming performances and I was just over her quickly. :dead: India’s quieter personality really worked in her disadvantage in the following challenges. India didn’t standout that much on the I’m in Love! girl group episode. Then India was even worse and faded into the background much more in the Get a Room! hotel suite episode where she was paired with Alexis & Jujubee as apart of  The Glamazone. I kept thinking “where is India? India is fading in the back.” Then it got to her part and it wasn’t even funny. 😐 I do think India did a little better and was more entertaining than Mayhem Miller in their duo on the SheMZ episode. She had some funny moments but some moment at that didn’t really work. This was probably my 2nd favorite from her but still wasn’t a strong performance. I would have preferred Mayhem staying as I preferred her but India staying wasn’t an issue. But I was annoyed how she survived through 3 Bottom 2/3 appearances. Then India’s performance as Jeffree Star on Snatch Game of Love was an absolute flop. She wasn’t funny and came off really awkward and cringe in that performance. I don’t know who Jeffree Star is and I didn’t feel I got to know who he was after that. Then there was that whole  INSANE drama of India telling Shea that Alexis (& Mayhem) were scheming to India to try to get Shea voted off. And OMGGG….. I was  going through A LOT of feelings. I was so shocked, confused, annoyed and most of all entertained by all of this craziness omggg.  I don’t know what to think or who to believe and I kept going back and forth on all of this. :lmao: This kinda came off as a last ditch effort to save herself and she couldn’t do so based off of what she produced in the competition (because that strong Week 1 performance) doesn’t compare to what everyone else has done. Maybe there was truth to what she said but it did feel like a nasty cheap blow. So it annoyed on me that front. I was scared Shea was going to send Alexis home but I am glad she sent India home because India landed in the Bottom FOUR TIMES. She needed to go at this point so I’m glad she left after that. Ooh and then from the finale I am glad the eliminated queens came back to clear this up as India got exposed in her lies. :dead: 

Jujubee: I wouldn’t have expected to see Jujubee a 3rd time but I didn’t mind as Jujubee was always amongst one of my favorites on S2 and AS1. :haha: Does that ring true for AS5? Possibbblyyy. But lol of course it does. I love Jujubee as a personality and a contestant. She always cracks me up and BRINGS IT on all of her work on challenges. She seriously cracks me up sooo much with her confessional clips and is just such a great presence on this show. :yes: I also thought she was one of (or maybe the only one) to make being an instigator funny & hilarious. :haha: Jujubee impressed me right from the start on the All Star Variety Extravaganza talent show with that emotional power ballad. :omg: I forgot if i knew she could sing like that but I was impressed. Jujubee was a standout on the I’m in Love! girl groups episode where she gave a fun & playful performance and really shone there. Jujubee continued to impress once again on The Glamazone hotel suite performance on the Get a Room! episode,  where she was a major standout and was freaking hilarious in her parts. It always comes off in such a natural way. But I was so happy Jujubee finally won her first challenge! :clap:  SO long overdo! It was nice seeing “Juice” on a lip=sync battle but yeah Monét x Change owned this one…. oh well. Jujubee continued cracking me up so much as the Overprotected Drag mother on the SheMZ episode. And she continued bringing the funny and being the first queen to deliver a great and funny Eartha Kitt! She had me cracking up SOO much in this. :dead: It sucked how she landed in this ~Bottom 5~  when she was a clear Top 3 of the week. Happy no craziness went on. Omgg Jujubee’s hate for the design challenge on The Charles Family Backyard Ball episode had me cracking up! :dead: I loved her honesty in hating the challenge but with this not being her challenge,  i thought she did well and delivered a really nice dress. I think she had a bit of a misstep on the Stand-Up Smackdown episode. This  was probably her worst performance in an episoe as her comedy at fell flat at the start but thankfully it got better as it progressed. If things were the way they were supposed to be, I would say she was worthy of a Bottom 2 appearance but deserved to stay over Blair. i thought Jujubee gave a really good/strong performance on the “Clap Back!” episode. She was definitely worried and scared in the rehearsals and omggg one of my favorite parts was this exchange with Todrick:  “What do I do with the feet  part?” “what part?” “all of it.” LOL “I get lifted up and this b*tch gets thigh slaps” at Cracker’s choreo. :dead: But she did well! And delivered lots of stunning and amazing runway looks throughout the season. I loved seeing Jujubee once again this season. I love how Jujubee became the first and only Queen to make the final 3 times and deservingly so all of those times. I would have loved the win for her just for that but I was also rooting for someone else.

Mariah Paris Balenciaga: Mariah is one of those Queens I like or… at least want to like and root for but I always felt and wanted more from her, at least that was the case on Season 3. But then I felt that same way about her run on AS5. I thought Mariah showed promise with that spoon word and abstract art paint performance. I didn’t really get the message but i found it refreshing and intriguing. But then, that was all she brought. Well no…. she brought strong and great gorgeous looks on the show. She looked like a legit pop star on the I’m in Love! girl group episode but lacked energy and didn’t perform like a pop star. I agreed with Carson on saying he liked how she looked more than how she performed. Then she was meh and forgettable in the The Golden Gals Palace group on the Get a Room! episode. I did like her 3 in 1 runway look outfits though. I was fine with her elimination here. Mariah brought the glam and great looks and it was nice to see her again but I am left wanting more. 

Mayhem Miller: Mayhem was kind of a minor fave of mine on S10, so I was looking forward to her on AS5. Overall I enjoyed Mayhem here and felt she had a bit of a stronger run but nothing really outstanding. The singing performance Mayhem had on the talent show episode was not good and was easily my lest favorite song/music performance of the music performers. I was fine with her staying but it did annoy me how she took Jujubee voting her out so personally when Jujubee was just being honest. She did well on the I’m in Love! girl group and had a fun performance. Nothing outstanding but fun. I do think her best moment was the 24K Experience hotel suite act on the Get a Room! episode. This was the funniest I found Mayhem on a challenge. I was not here for her voting Shea out at all. As much as I disliked it, I got it because you want to vote out your biggest competitor and strategy does come to play. Mayhem’s story of her DUI’s and jail story was really heartbreaking and sad so I am glad she made a change for the better with her life. Hmmm I thought she was okay on the SheMZ episode with India, but okay won’t cut it on All-Stars. I did feel she was much weaker than India too. I actually wouldn’t have minded her staying in over India but I was also fine with her going at this point too. 

Miz Cracker: I don’t know why or if I didn’t pay close attention to Miz Cracker on S10 but she comes off really awkward,  weird and cuckoo to me this time around. I don’t mind it because I do find Cracker harmless for the most part but something I felt there. It’s quirky. But I do not get a 35-year old man vibe from her…. I get like a child feel (which is totally fine!) :haha: But wow Miz Cracker really stepped up this time around and impressed me (throughout the season). :omg: I wasn’t expecting her to be such a strong contender so  I would say she was the biggest surprise for me. Cracker did really well right from the start with her song/dance performance on the All Star Variety Extravaganza talent show, which was quirky,  fun and hot a lot of humor. She showcased herself well there. The I’m in Love! girl groups episode was a bit of a rough episode on her. There was that whole unnecessary drama she started with admitting to warning to vote out Ongina (when she wasn’t up for elimination) and it was annoying but I do feel like Cracker said what she wanted to say in a wrong way and didn’t mean anything bad by it. Then she was kind of an oddball out in that group with Blair and Cracker. I ‘m sure she did well in the performance but it was probably her ~weakest showing as i don’t remember her performance here. Ooh wait…. The Golden Gals Palace hotel suite group on the Get a Room! episode, was a flop too. So maybe this was Cracker’s worst showing. She was the best one of the group but it all fell flat. Thankfully it all went uphill going forward. She was hilarious as the Shady Queen at the center of a college admission scandal on the SheMZ episode. She was sooo hilarious and in character on this. :haha: Ooh and this was when she did the “Where Have You Been” lip sync against Morgan Michaels. They both killd that performance and won that battle. That was so fun to watch. Ooh her Lady Gaga performance on Snatch Game was eh. OK now I am remembering Cracker had a number of ~weaker weeks than I remembered in this 4-day binge. :haha: I agreed with Michelle where she felt Cracker was reciting these Gaga quotes but not bringing her mannerisms and making them funny. It was a Bottom 2 worthy performance and another one of her weaker showings. Miz Cracker did nail it completely on The Charles Family Backyard Ball episode. She had a hilarious country cousin character and portrayed that character so well and designed a great dress on the Backyard items High Fashion couture part. Miz Cracker especially shone on the Stand-Up Smackdown episode. Her comedy set was freaking hilarious all throughout and she never had a flat moment. :haha: OMGG Cracker’s comments on how and why she placed the Queens where was blunt and hilarious. :lmao: She did well with having two wins back to back and 3 overall. I thought she performed well and was fun on the Clap Back! performance.  I want to say her performance was my least fave of the group but it was still really good! I do feel Cracker had a lot of strong runway looks too. I will say  I was really nervous of  Cracker winning this season. I think she would have been deserving but I was rooting for Jujubee & Shea more sooo I would have felt a certain kind of way. But still i am happy Miz Cracker was on this as i really enjoyed her! 

Ongina: Aww Ongina is such a sweetheart. How could anyone dislike or say anything bad about her? I loved seeing Ongina back because in the earlier All-Stars seasons I did want to see her on the show as a contestant and overtime I gave up on that thought. It’s crazy she hasn’t been on this show in 11 years. 😮 I felt that long time gap sadly made Ongina out of her comfort zone and out of depth. Ongina’s Drag Race RuPaul themed performance was fun and cute but it wasn’t anything outstanding or memorable - but she was better than the two that were in the Bottom 2. I did find it funny how she was trying to stir up the pot with the Derrick & India drama. She didn’t stand out and faded away into the background on the I’m in Love! Girl group challenge. I felt Ongina had the heart and passion to want to do well but it just wasn’t happening. :( So I am sad she never had that shining moment to breakthrough, but on an All-Stars season you have to be on top of your game at all times and there’s little room for growth. Ongina’s breakdown to the fellow Queens of pretty much giving up her spot for Mariah & India was so sad and heartbreaking. Ongina is still a lovable person no matter what. 

Shea Couleé: I was wanting and hoping to see Shea on an AS season after her loss on S9 and I am so lad she was on AS5. :spazz: Shea was my definite favorite of S9 and I was bummed she lost with the new format (ugh. :/ ) so I am glad Shea competed for redemption which was essentially her storyline of the season. It was sad seeing and learning how much her S9 loss affected her in such a negative way (of not only feeling she let herself down but her father & older sister who both passed). :broken: Ugh I hate it. I was expecting Shea to eb a strong contender and she certainly was that! Shea did and performed with with the pole dance routine. And how she did it in those high platform boots was insane. :haha: Ooh I really loved her performance on the I’m in Love! girl group episode. She was cutesy/fun/playful with her performance and absolutely nailed it. Although I did get sad and teared up a bit how she did her solo dedicated to Chadwick Boseman as her man crush. :( Obviously I know that was before his passing but i watched it after it soo it was kinda ahh. :broken: But this was a deserved win for Shea. OK soo that The Golden Gals Palace hotel suite performance on the Get a Room! episode was a complete flop. And we don’t talk about or acknowledge that in Shea’s run so let’s move on.  But I didn’t like how Alexis and Mayhem tried to be cute in trying to eliminate Shea here. 🙂 Thank goodness that did not happen. Shea was really funny (although not a top standout) as one of the Housewives of Tuck-a-hoe type characters on the SheMZ episode.  I was soooooo nervous for Shea taking on Flavor Flav on Snatch Game of Love episode but omggg she absolutely nailed this! Shea was freaking hilarious and had me cracking up SOO much in this. :dead: She deserved that win that week! :clap: Ooh and also I love how Shea was the only Queen to win multiple lip sync battles against the lip sync assassinator. Shea came to slay y’all! :ohyeah: I loved how help Shea was towards the other queens who were struggling with designing their outfits on The Charles Family Backyard Ball episode. It shows how much heart she has and I loved her quote of saying how it’s important to support each other and make sure they all look good as a queer community. I can’t remember the quote but it was beautiful. I did worry that this could have been an Asia moment but she delivered a funny country cousin character and had a very unique backyard couture look. Probably not one of her very top runway looks but it was still good. Speaking of runway looks,  Shea did always kill it and deliver outstanding runway looks! :omg: I definitely worried for Shea all (or well half) the episode of Stand-Up Smackdown. She was panicking of how structured comedy isn’t her thing and was struggling with her script. And then didn’t feel comfortable poking fun of her S9 loss. But then she delivered a really strong and hilarious comedy act. o.o I was shooketh and surprised. I was proud with how well Shea did here. The red gown she wore was beautiful there even though it didn’t really make sense for a stand up comedy performance. :dead: Todrick went in on Shea hard with the choreography on the Clap Back! episode. But whoa I am glad he did because Shea’s performance was absolute KILLER and slayage! :omg: She hanled all of that choreography so intricately and accurately. I loved Michelle’s comment on that upside down cartwheel move from head to head….because that was insane! :dead: With Shea’s backstory this season…. I was really wanting the win for her and I am so glad she got it. You could tell Shea gave her everything and worked hard for this. It was oneo f the most emotional wins (especially with her last words) at the end. So this was a great way to end the season! :clap: 

Rankings:

1. Shea Couleé
  2. Jujubee
  3. Miz Cracker
  4. Blair St. Clair
  5. Alexis Mateo
  6. Ongina
  7. Mayhem Miller
  8. India Ferrah
  9. Mariah Paris Balenciaga
  10. Derrick Barry

So I was probably only a fan of 1-5 so #bless they were the Final 5. Liked 6-7 even if they didn’t really bring it much. Meh/Mixed feelings on 8-10. Of course I liked Derrick on S8 but she didn’t get to do much here. 

All Stars Pink GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Those AS5 rankings? Iconic. Shea and Jujubee single handedly saved the season. :giggle: Well other than India causing drama on her way out. :dead:

I also have Cracker and Blair at 3/4. I think Cracker did well, but if she won, I would’ve popped the eff off. Jujubee deserved that SheMZ win too, imo. I think Blair did very well early on but kind of got lost in the shuffle the final few weeks. But in the previous format, I think she would’ve been an early threat with a couple of wins. :haha:

Wow, this was also my least favourite iteration of Alexis so #werk :wub: lol in all seriousness, I did enjoy her in the snatch game and I was living for the Alexis/India drama. But otherwise, I thought - especially for someone who’s particularly known as a look queen - she turned in some wonky looks, particularly her final week and then I think after the hotel challenge when her wig looked like it was drawn on. :ph34rwave: I obviously ranked her last because I’m not a fan and she just annoyed me most of the season.

I would’ve liked to have seen Mariah stick around since I don’t think she was the worst in either of her B3 appearances and she easily should’ve won the first week, but I’m not losing any sleep over it.

Meh on Mayhem and India. They had some moments but this season was so whatever that I didn’t really have a strong opinion on them. I liked that India tried to keep us entertained on her way out though.

ugh Derrick. Glad they were the first boot. 😘

ETA: lol I forgot about Ongina. :dead: Probably for the best. :( I still love her but I felt bad seeing her tank so hard so quickly, especially knowing how she’d been preparing for years and was contacted for every All Stars but had scheduling conflicts. I think the fact that she had a lot of pressure and expectations caused her to get in her head. 😢 

Edited by Elliott

@*Wallace not highlighting Jujubees INSANE final runway look.  That imo will go down as an all time great. 

I think you had the right Top 3, and while Juju was consistently my #1 throughout the season, due to consistency, Shea was a solid #2 at the beginning and at the end (I feel Shea had several misteps in the middle of the competition).  Cracker had a weak start, but pulled shit out at the end.

Jujubee #1 because she delivered and improved her legacy.  I called Shea winning from the time Elliott spoiled the cast for me.  

47 minutes ago, Solaris said:

@*Wallace not highlighting Jujubees INSANE final runway look.  That imo will go down as an all time great. 

I think you had the right Top 3, and while Juju was consistently my #1 throughout the season, due to consistency, Shea was a solid #2 at the beginning and at the end (I feel Shea had several misteps in the middle of the competition).  Cracker had a weak start, but pulled shit out at the end.

Jujubee #1 because she delivered and improved her legacy.  I called Shea winning from the time Elliott spoiled the cast for me.  

Oooh oops.. I don't usually comment on the runway looks specifically but that was a really amazing look! :omg:  

Yayyy thank you! 😄 I seee and understand these comments. I can get Jujubee being more consistent as a whole. Shea had a few missteps but her highs wre really fantastic! Agreed on Cracker here.

I can't complain of either being #1 as I enjoyed them both the most! I kept going bac and forth on them with who I wanted to win.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

All Stars Pink GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Those AS5 rankings? Iconic. Shea and Jujubee single handedly saved the season. :giggle: Well other than India causing drama on her way out. :dead:

I also have Cracker and Blair at 3/4. I think Cracker did well, but if she won, I would’ve popped the eff off. Jujubee deserved that SheMZ win too, imo. I think Blair did very well early on but kind of got lost in the shuffle the final few weeks. But in the previous format, I think she would’ve been an early threat with a couple of wins. :haha:

Wow, this was also my least favourite iteration of Alexis so #werk :wub: lol in all seriousness, I did enjoy her in the snatch game and I was living for the Alexis/India drama. But otherwise, I thought - especially for someone who’s particularly known as a look queen - she turned in some wonky looks, particularly her final week and then I think after the hotel challenge when her wig looked like it was drawn on. :ph34rwave: I obviously ranked her last because I’m not a fan and she just annoyed me most of the season.

I would’ve liked to have seen Mariah stick around since I don’t think she was the worst in either of her B3 appearances and she easily should’ve won the first week, but I’m not losing any sleep over it.

Meh on Mayhem and India. They had some moments but this season was so whatever that I didn’t really have a strong opinion on them. I liked that India tried to keep us entertained on her way out though.

ugh Derrick. Glad they were the first boot. 😘

ETA: lol I forgot about Ongina. :dead: Probably for the best. :( I still love her but I felt bad seeing her tank so hard so quickly, especially knowing how she’d been preparing for years and was contacted for every All Stars but had scheduling conflicts. I think the fact that she had a lot of pressure and expectations caused her to get in her head. 😢 

Oooh omgg yayy I am glad you loved my AS5 Rankings. I feel this rarely happens. :dead: But yesss Shea & Jujubee did carry the season and were the highlights.

Omggg lmaoo yesss these same comments regarding Miz Cracker. I would have felt ~bad for feeling like that as she had a strong run but yeah I would have felt bad. Mhmmm agree completely on this about Blair. Oooh I didn’t think of that but ooo wow that could have been possible (with the whole 2 winners). 😮

OMGGG. :dead: I still am a fan of Alexis though sooo don’t think I’m coming to your side regarding Alexis. :haha: Yesss she was great at Snatch Game. Lmaooo yeah that drama with India was entertaining for sure. :haha: Awww at your comments on her runway looks. Darn but gah I seee. :( I did like her second outfit. Omgg this about the wig being drawn on. Ugh why am I not surprised you’d put her last? Booo. :broken: 

I could seee and get these comments on Mariah here. She wasn’t ever ~the worst but not too memorable compared to others.

I get you on the Mayhem and india comments. I felt this same way about them here!

UGH. I was not happy with Derrick being the first boot although I got it. :broken:

Ughh all of this regarding Ongina. This was all so sad and heartbreaking regarding her. Ongina is sooo likable and rootable so it was especially heartbreaking how this season turned out. :broken::( 

Season 8

690?cb=20161204082859

I have to say that the first half of the season was very underwhelming for me but the second half was brilliant and the top 4 is arguably the strongest from any season I've seen so far. There were some great personalities and also some fun and iconic moments that made me rank season 8 as one of my favorites seasons so far.

1. Chi Chi Devayne

giphy_4.gifgiphy.gifDYsy.gif

It is heartbreaking to know that this legendary queen recently passed away :broken: at such a young age and with all that talent 😢. By the second episode Chi Chi was already my number one and she stayed in the top for the remaining of the season. Chi Chi had the type of journey that it is so captivating and make you root for her. At the beginning and for almost until the end, Chi Chi was underestimated by her fellow queens as someone who wasn't as talented nor on the same level as hers, a opinion that I completely disagree with tbh. Yes, she had several misteps during the competition like every other queen this season. But for me she also had the best highs of the season. Bitch Perfect. Badass performance. Her Lip-Sync against Thorgy? Legendary and one of the finest of the show. IMO she was the best at top 5 for the RuPaul Book Ball and deserved the win that night. I also thought she should have advanced to the final over Kim Chi as she did great in the music video and she looked gorgeous with that gown. To be honest, I think Chi Chi was eliminated cause she was a serious threat for the title had she made the finale as I think the public would have supported her a lot on social media, but as we know Bob was the chosen one since day one so it was better to avoid an upset. Overall, a queen whose journey I loved and now enters my select queens of top favorites of all-time. 

2. Naomi Smalls

tenor.gif?itemid=5521392tenor.gif?itemid=5564833lRD6sNVAQkkdGza0Z7AN-HBpFPHQojJtAzhonVxxQW33Dh94Lx3sZe97Zg5gZxVTpe1DxvBf3lNUX4V6_xf0WBV5jTJj7Hka6PgZFRkjeg38vb73HGQZKh3QVrl3YKEVaTXZvNQz

Queen of Looks and Queen of the Runway! I never though I was gonna enjoy Naomi so much this season. Girl slayed the runway and was the best one when it comes to looks. Wizard of Oz, Black & White, Baby Drag, Momma and Autographical Eleganza were all flawless looks. Yes, she had some missteps during the show where she bombed like Snatch Game where she did such a poor performance as queen Tiffany Polard. But other than that, I pretty much enjoyed everything else she did. I also lived for her feud with Derrick, that was absolutely hilarious and entertaining. I also loved her performance in the video The Realness where she was definitely the strongest one. Out of the top 3, I would have had her winning but there was no way that was going to happen but at least she made it until the end and her hard work was recognized. I think she is not that well liked around her, so this is my unpopular opinion of the season 🙂

3. Bob the Drag Queen

giphy.gifsource.giftumblr_o54wobuXKg1qlvwnco2_400.gif

Oh well this is my second unpopular opinion of the season as I know Bob is pretty much everyone's favorite queen of the season, and I do like her a lot but I didn't love her as much as I thought I would. Yes, Bob slayed the comedic challenges like no one else and girl had a really great overall run during the show. But I also believe she was given a lot of free passes by the judges mainly because it was obvious she was predetermined to win. Several of her runway looks were not great and she was hardly criticized except for the one time that she was in the bottom. It also rub me the wrong way sometimes how cocky she was. But at the end of the day, Bob was talented and at least could back up his cockiness which is the reason I ended up warming more to her in the end. As for her moments, girl slayed the Ruempire challenge as Cookie, Snatch Game with two great impersonations and the Shady Political challenge. Giving incredible performances in all of them. However, my favorite Bob moment was definitely her last Lip-Sync in the finale to I Don't Like to Show Off where she simply slayed!!! Overall Bob is a super strong winner and also a deserving one,  but I just connected more with the two queens I ranked above.

4. Kim Chi

27106b12a3881295ae180eb03c9a442c.giftumblr_o69g2c4TBK1ub9o82o6_400.gif4b4793f06e07554a5644387b1080d5a0.gif

Kim Chi was another standout from this season. When it comes to originality, no one could top Kim's talent at design. She also slayed the runway and had hardly a bad look. While I would say that I didn't always enjoy her looks, it was mostly because of not being my cup of tea than her doing a bad job with them. I would have liked to see her trying a more usual drag look at least once, but again nothing that really bothered me or something. Kim Chi was the type of queen that you think would struggle in the challenges but in the she ended up pulling through and sometimes edging out the competition. She was always made fun of her dancing skills and always falling down, but even in those challenges she manage to pull through and deliver. I also believe she was had some of the funniest remarks in the workroom and often made me laugh out loud whenever she was talking. While I would have preferred Chi Chi over her in the top 3, there's no denying of her talents and that she also did a pretty darn job during the season. 

5. Thorgy Thor

source.gifsource.gif

Thorgy Thor is a super talented queen that I wish I could have enjoyed more during the show. While I agree that she was one of the most polished queens, I couldn't help but feel that she was her own worst enemy. She overthought her challenges too much which made her miss the mark a few times in the challenges. I don't really know the drama behind her and Bob during the season, but I do feel like she had a point in that, cause the favouritism treatment that Bob got was at some instances ridiculous. I like Thorgy well enough but I will say she is not of my favorite from the season and her run wasn't as iconic as I hoped it would have been. Her performance during the Music Group challenge was outstanding and I have to say I preferred her version of Cookie instead of Bob and I think she was robbed during that week. Also sucks to her that she went against to Chi Chi during that Lip-Sync cause that she just couldn't keep up with her.

6. Derrick Berry

nfyA2x3.gifcrying-gif.gif

Lol Derrick Berry was so clueless during the season that I had no other choice but to stan. The only win Derrick got was for the Shady Politics challenge and it was shared with Bob who was actually the one that deserved. Her final runway was soooo bad that Derrick manage to create three looks that were just terrible. Derrick was rightfully cut in the lip-sync against Bob after an underwhelming performance and to be honest 5th place was a generous spot for Derrick. Having said that, I really enjoyed Derrick moreso for the drama going on in the work room. Her constant fighting with Bob was hilarious, but it was her out of the blue feud with Naomi that gave me LIFE. They were just going and going at each other in one of the best arguments I've seen in 8 seasons. I was obviously team Naomi but I command Derrick for giving his best.

7. Cynthia Lee Fontane

tumblr_o4ex72VKWm1qlvwnco1_500.gif

Lol her last runway look was so terrible that it is almost iconic because of that. Definitely one of the worst I've seen in 9 seasons. Cynthia was clueless most of the time and was doomed to be among the first cuts of the season. Having said that I low-key enjoyed her messiness and clueless and wish I could have seen a little bit more of her even if I admit she wasn't a strong queen. It was sad to hear that she was dealing with cancer during the finale, but it was also great to see that she was awarded Miss Congeniality by the fans.

8. Acid Betty

giphy.gif

Acid Betty's elimination took me by surprise as it seemed by the edit that she was going to be one of the last queen standings. I'm glad that wasn't the case cause I didn't care that much for her. I think she had an obnoxious personality and I wasn't really impressed with her runway looks cause they were all too customey too me. In fact, her final look was my favorite of hers which is funny given that she was eliminated that time. I do believe there was talent there but unfortunately much wasn't show during her short run. She get major points from me, because she was such a great friend to Cynthia during her diagnosis.

9. Naysha Lopez

tumblr_o4vr76D90y1si3tc1o3_400.gifv

I kinda liked Naysha Lopez but she just wasn't at the level of the majority of the cast. Naysha was rightfully cut during the first elimination after an underwhelming runway look and lip-sync. I guess it was nice to see her back as she was better than the two queens eliminated in the double elimination, and while she lucked out during next cut because there were noticeable worse performances than her, she again was rightfully eliminated during the 4th show. Overall a queen that I enjoyed but was not too special. Her Neon look was pretty great though. 

10. Robbie Turner

4be22750facc479e93b3717c2a90c852.gif

Robbie Turner was annoying me greatly by the time she got eliminated. When you focus too much in other contestants instead of putting that effort in your work, it's when queens starts to annoy me. Robbie was so focused on Chi Chi and Bob that neglect her runway look during the Wizard of Oz challenge and got eliminated for that. That performance was terrible and she was rightfully eliminated for it. But she also bombed several other challenges like the Dog Couture and Snatch Game. I think the only time I truly enjoyed her was during the Lip-Sync against Cynthia and just because she chose to perform with the roller skates.

11. Dax ExclamationPoint

tumblr_o46y2rftmc1rosb88o9_r1_400.gif?w=

Lol her last look was so terrible that I wish a triple elimination elimination was done that week instead with her, Laila and her outfit. Her reaction to being cut is kinda hilarious :haha:, but I cannot blame Ru cause both queens were terrible that week. I'm just ranking her above of Laila cause it was her first (and final) appearance on the bottom while it was Laila's second.

12. Laila McQueen

tumblr_o46y2rftmc1rosb88o9_r1_400.gif?w=

Laila McQueen was simply not ready for this season. She bombed the first week and the second week. I don't dislike her but she was simply not in the level of the rest.

Seasons Rankings:

1 - Season 6 

2 - Season 4

3 - Season 5

4 - Season 8

5 - Season 1 

6 - Season 2

7 - Season 3

8 - All-Stars Season 1

9 - Season 7

Top 15 Queens so far

Bebe Zahrara Bennet

Nina Flowers

Raven

Jujubee

Alexis Mateo

Chad Michaels

Phi Phi O'Hara

Latrice Royale

Willam

Jinkx Monsoon

Roxxxy Andrews

Detox

Bianca del Rio

Adore Delano

Chi Chi Devayne

Winners Rankings

1. Bianca del Rio

2. Jinkx Monsoon

3. Bebe Zahrara Bennet

4. Bob the Drag Queen

5. Chad Michaels (AS1)

6. Violet Chahki

7. Raja

8. Tyra Sanchez

9. Sharon Needles

Edited by .Rei

I’m glad you have Naomi in your top two. :wub:

Bob slayed the season when it came to the challenges but her runways were pretty terrible. I’m surprise they only slated her runway when she was in the bottom two as I think that was one of her strongest. :haha: It isn’t like she had any others worthy of a shout out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, .Rei said:

I have to tell you though, that we don't have the same number 1 🤭

😢  

But your Top 4 is all flawless. :yes: I think we'd have Bob and Chi Chi switched around - and I can get your comments on Bob. I'm someone that focuses more on the challenges performances over the runway looks so that helped Bob out for me haha. Glad you are a Naomi fan (am sure she was my #2 too) to spite Elliott though! :ohyeah: 

• Like 1

Watched a few episodes of the UK season. A few thoughts....

LOL Was Andrew Garfield a guest judge or a legit actual judge? He came off as the latter with very informative and legit critiques. And is a better judge than Alan Carr so far. I was impressed. 😮 He should be on the panel for real. :haha: 

Oooh and it’s so hard to root against or dislike any of these contestants with their British accents. It makes them more likable as a whole. :haha: