Loved reading everyone's comments. Really wish I had a platform to share my thoughts when I first got into Drag Race last year.
A few random thoughts on the season:
- Didn't mind the lip sync assassins as it was fun to see queens from past seasons return, however, one winner per episode was not enough and I was disappointed that we didn't get to see more queens lip sync.
- My least favorite twist was the "if you're not in the top, you're in the bottom" thing. You could tell that it messed everyone up and that was not fun to watch. I enjoy drama but that was lame.
- This has already been said multiple times but some of the challenges this season were just stupid. I feel like there were too many challenges where the only criterion was "just be funny" and I don't think that's fair. You've got so many talented queens, some of whom had been waiting for this opportunity for years, and you are wasting their talents. Make them sing, dance, choreograph, style wigs, dunno, anything that they would most likely be doing in the real world. I personally don't find these improv challenges funny at all and can smell the rigga morris straightaway.
I don't like ranking reality show contestants and I find doing so with Drag Race is more difficult than with any other show I've watched but I'll give it a go:
1. Shea Couleé - I don't have enough words to express how much I love Shea. I know people are saying her run this time was not as good as her original one which, fair enough, but I'm not sure what more she could have done given the challenges. She never let me down and did her best with what she was given. Her glow up was incredible and I didn't expect her to have one since she was already so strong on her original season. I also love how she wasn't afraid to experiment on the runway. I gasped when she would come out pretty much every single week. I'm just so happy for her. My favorites almost never win so this felt extra special.
2. Jujubee - I love Juju and do feel bad for her but having her and Shea on the same season was just too much for me. Had this been any other AS season, she would've been my favorite, but I was so invested in Shea that I couldn't imagine anyone else winning. Anyway, Juju is iconic and I'm glad she got to come back again. She deserves all the love she's getting. Truly the MVP of the season.
3. Alexis Mateo - Not a stan of Alexis by any means and I didn't expect much from her but she did surprise me. I knew she wasn't gonna win so I could enjoy her without feeling threatened. Random but her wig lines were so bad lol.
4. Blair St. Clair - I do think Blair was a bit delusional at times but maybe that was just her way of trying not to crack under the pressure. Bitch was doing the most to manifest some confidence and I lived. I don't think her run was that bad considering most of the challenges were outside of her comfort zone. I'm glad she got to come back and show how much she'd grown since her original season. Also, she makes the most gorgeous wigs.
5. India Ferrah - I love a messy bitch. India was never the loudest person in the room but still managed to stir the pot more than anyone else. I do also think she's a great drag queen. Her looks were always on point and I'm glad she got to show herself off.
6. Derrick Barry - Don't judge me. I watch this show to be entertained and Derrick managed to entertain me more in one episode than the queens I ranked below her (him?) did.
7. Mayhem Miller - She cute and obviously a great drag queen. She just doesn't stand out in this format and that's okay. Not everyone will.
8. Miz Cracker - I want to like her but it's honestly so difficult. She did have her moments but most of the time I was just rolling my eyes at her. I feel like she's her own worst enemy which I can relate to but I don't think she'd worked out her issues since her original season even though they tried to make it seem like she had. I'm just not a huge fan but I can't deny that she's talented not at lip syncing though
9. Ongina - Only reason she's not last is because I find her more likable than Mariah.
10. Mariah - Don't find her memorable at all. Maybe I'm missing something here but I feel like so many people had such high expectations for her and I was there like
Now lemme try and rank the winners which should not be as difficult.
1. Shea Couleé
2. Trinity The Tuck
3. Trixie Mattel
4. Monét X Change
5. Chad Michaels
I guess Trinity and Trixie and Monét and Chad are interchangeable but Shea is definitely first and Alaska is definitely last.
Still a little bit mad at the double crowning in AS4 lol