RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

On the subject of the next DR rankdown, I assume everyone's fine if I just don't include SP and consider her the default last placer?

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Yeah, I’m not going to cut anyone else. I just figured SP would be since she was literally cut out of the season and isn’t acknowledged. :dead:

SP is Sherry Pie? I just saw her on Episode 2 of Season 12...... so I don't know what this is about. Or if I should even ask? Lol i am confused.  :dead: 

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

SP is Sherry Pie? I just saw her on Episode 2 of Season 12...... so I don't know what this is about. Or if I should even ask? Lol i am confused.  :dead: 

Yep.

So what happened was after the cast was announced, a bunch of guys (I want to say close to a dozen, but it could more) came forward with allegations over sexual assault that he had committed. They alleged he had posed as a casting agent named Alison Mossey in emails with them and had them send videos of them stripping naked as part of their audition and would have them take steroids in videos to bulk up for “the role” they were being asked to audition for. Eventually, they were ghosted by the emails and SP in person. After it made mainstream news, SP finally released a statement admitting the allegations were true. Shortly afterward, Vh1 announced they were disqualifying SP from the season, so they wouldn’t be earning any prizes they earned and they weren’t invited to the finale/reunion. After their premiere aired (because it was aired the day the DQ was announced), they were pretty much edited out of the season as much as possible.

tldr; They committed sexual assault via email, admitted it was true and became the first contestant to be DQ’d post-filming.

EDIT: Since you mentioned having seen episode 2, the tea was that Jaida was supposed to be received as the “villain” for fighting with SP but it backfired tremendously because everyone came out of the episode on Jaida’s side because of the SP scandal.

Edited by Elliott

Omg YIKES... that is a lot there. 😮  Oh myyy. Goodness that is all so awful though.

Thanks for all of that. I'm...... gonna try to watch SP as they are portrayed on the show as I watch the season (as i do with everyone before knowing their drama) but gonna be hard. 

SEASON 11 THOUGHTS

A'keria C. Davenport: I know there were some predictions from Elliott of A’keria being my favorite. Does that happen?  I won’t say quite yet. I think it took me quite a little while go get to know and remember A’keria as this was such a large cast but I did grow to like her quickly. I did feel A’keria was quite the pot stirrer with a lot of the drama and it was kinda fun watching her in that role. I also liked her kind of shady snarky personality too. For the most part, I thought her runway looks were mostly really good and strong. With her being a pageant queen, I liked her most in the glamorous gowns liked but liked how she switched it up too. A few of her looks didn’t work but ehh. As I mentioned earlier, A’keria didn’t really stand out to me the first few episodes. I felt like she was ~the best of that trainwreck When You Believe Mariah talk show group but even then she had so many wrong facts that it was embarrassing. Don’t really remember her too well as Stormi Daniels on the Trump Rusical but want to say she did well there despite not being a standout. I think she did well on the Monster Ball design and runway episode too. She worried me a bit on the Tuckpantistan team in the Draglympics episode but she turned out a great performance and won so that was great and she had a very beautiful glamorous dress here too. I think this was when she started standing out to me. Sadly her look wasn’t good on the From Farm to Runway episode but I was so glad she beat out Ra’Jah in that “Strut” lip sync. I enjoyed her Tiffany Haddish Snatch Game performance but felt she could have done more with having such a big character in Tiffany. Luckily A’keria was freaking hilarious and crushed it on the LADP episode part of the Twerking Girls Corner Disturbance segment. :lmao:  I felt she really let loose had fun and got to be crazy in this. :dead: I wish we saw more of this side from her consistently but when she showed it, she really shone. Her group was a mess on the Dragracadabra magic show episode  but I guess she was one of the better ones of that group. She had a strong showing making over Honey Davenport on the  Bring Back My Queens! family resemblance episode. She and Honey had really glamorous looks and I remember RuPaul saying this was the best Honey has ever looked which I also agreed on. 😮 A’keria always worries me when it comes to choreography challenges and this was the case once again on the Queens Everywhere episode, so it was a nice surprise with how well she owned that performance. Then I also enjoyed her “SOS” lip sync but was fine at her going at this point. She is a deserving finalist. All in all I did like/really like A’keria but I wanted even more from her as a whole.

Ariel Versace: Ariel was one of those Queens that lasted a decent amount of episodes but I felt I didn’t really get to know her due to the insanely large cast (and me watching this season so quickly). Ariel did stand out to me earlier on as she was the only queen to call Silky out on being loud and obnoxious so I applaud Ariel for standing up ad owning to that rather than being scared like the rest of her team on Episode 2. :haha: But nothing Ariel did really stood out to me. Her runway looks all had a similar feel to them and it just blended in and got boring to me after awhile. Ariel was kind of a mess and the worst one in her Why It Gotta Be Black, Panther! group on Episode 2. She did well being apart of the Britney talk show group in the Diva Worship episode so that was her main highlight. Then she was kinda a forgettable and meh in the Trump: The Rusical episode despite having the lead role. And as I said, earlier her runway looks faded and blended in… and just weren’t too good in the Monster Ball episode. But then yikes that “I’m Your Baby Tonight” lip sync where she tripped up on her dress and fell was a disaster. I applaud her for continuing on but I knew that would be the end of Ariel. A shame but overall I didn’t really care for Ariel.

Brooke Lynn Hytes: I really enjoyed and rooted for Brooke Lynn throughout Season 11. I loved how Brooke had this ballet background and how she would use it to her advantage in dance/performance challenges and her runways. I also liked how Brooke was one of the few Queens not involved in much drama so I found that refreshing from her lol. Speaking of, Brooke Lynn was pretty much the Queen of the runway. She had so many amazing and standout looks and never took a wrong step on that ascept - it was so great to watch! :omg: I love her creativity with her looks too - her winning two design challenges on the Whatcha Unpackin? and Monster Ball episodes was proof of how great she was there! But I love how Brooke Lynn did mostly really well and great of everything else. She did a good job as a co-host on the It’s Britney B*tch Network group on the Diva Worship episode. She was a great standout as Ivana Trump on the Trump Rusical episode. She did well on the Tuckpantistan team in the Draglympics episode as well. She did great once again with her design outfit on the From Farm to Runway episode too. Brooke was having such a flawless run until…. her Celine Dion Snatch Game performance happened. Yeahh that was a mess and she did horribly and wasn’t funny there. Brooke landing in the Bottom 2 was so clear and easy to see - but then she delivered oe of the most iconic runways - with that pink&black outfit and afro wig transformed into another pink&black outfit with a long blonde wig…. and that runway was soo iconic I watched it like 4 times. :dead: I appreciatee how Brooke gave it her all that runway even though she still B2’d - but then also delivered an outstanding “Sorry Not Sorry” lip sync battle. I’m glad Brooke made a strong comeback on the LADP episode part of the Indecent Exposure at Trailer Park segment. :lmao:  She was crazy hilarious with her character and shockingly outshone Nina in this - although that was understandable as Brooke’s character had a lot of range to be funny. She did great and was really funny on the Dragracadabra magic show episode. Nina outshone her here but she was easily the 2nd best. She nailed it on the  Bring Back My Queens! episode making over Plastique with their family resemblance. They had a beautiful look and fun runway performance. Her win was deserved even though I anted it for Vanjie that week. 😮 I enjoyed her performance on the Queens Everywhere episode, but I can get how the judges expected more and didn’t think she nailed it. She did seem a bit too proper & clean with the choreography with lacking attitude. And I don’t usually critique runway looks but I did think her Best Drag look was a bit of a letdown considering she had soooo many memorable and amazing looks throughout the season - while the last look was just really good/pretty.  Her lip syncing against Vanjie was heartbreaking but Brooke Lynn definitely deserved to be in the final. The showmance between Vanjie and Brooke Lynn was fun and mic to watch. They are such opposites but the more I saw them, the more I enjoyed their bond and situation/relationship or whatever they called it. :haha: Although it’s sad they didn’t work out after the show. I really enjoyed Brooke Lynn’s finale lip sync performances and thought she was such a great performer.  I was sad she didn’t win as I was rooting for her and felt she would have been a very deserving winner overall.

Honey Davenport: Honey Davenport was one of the least memorable contestants of the season for me.  I mean…. for the first two weeks she never had any disastrous type moments but she didn’t do anything to stand out either. With such a large cast, I felt a lot of queens would lose airtime that they would have had and Honey was the main victim of this. :( Then she was apart of that disastrous When You Believe Mariah Carey talk show where the whole group was a hot mess. Ooh she was part of that really terrible singing act. But then Honey was also a disaster in that “Waiting for Tonight” lip sync where she fell off the stage and was performing on off stage. :wacko: It was the weirdest thing ever. Overall I didn’t care for Honey and found her not memorable. 

Kahanna Montrese: Aww I don’t really know why but I was looking forward to and had high hopes for Kahanna. But maybe being apart of the Montrese family I shouldn’t have expected so much? #shade. Sadly, Kahanna didn’t really bring much to the competition. Her runway looks weren’t anything special and while she didn’t have many lines in the episode, she didn’t do much with her role where she still could have made somewhat of an impact. Meh at least she did well with her two lip sync performances and gave it her all there - especially liked her “Best of Both Worlds” one.

Mercedes Iman Diamond: Aww Mercedes is a really great and likable person. Mercedes had was a great representation for the Muslim community and it was s good she has the honor of being the first Muslim (Kenyan) drag queen contestant. The stories she shared were touching and heartbreaking. Sadly I felt she never really found her footing as a contestant and didn’t seem to do well at any of the challenges which was heartbreaking. Mercedes didn’t standout with her runway looks. Mercedes struggled with the acting and musical challenges on Episodes 2 and 4 (which landed her in the Bottom 2). Her best moment was being apart of the It’s Britney B*tch Network on the Diva Worship episode where that group was MUCH better than the other one. She didn’t bring a lot to that group but she did well. Overall Mercedes is likable with a touching backstory but didn’t bring much as a competitor. 

Nina West: It was crazy to learn how Nina West auditioned for this show 9 times in the past but happy she got to be cast in S11. I did like Nina well enough throughout the season. I’d consider her…. maybe a minor fave? Nina had a bad first week with that Whatcha Unpackin? design challenge. I thought she should have been in the Bottom 2/3 here. Come to think of it I was usually meh and didn’t really care for her runway looks as a whole. She did better on the Monster Ball and From Farm to Runway (though she B3’d on this one) design episodes but wasn’t a standout on either of those. But that’s alright because Nina was more of a performer/acting based Queen with her performing arts and theater background so that was her strong suit. She was great and hilarious in the Diva Worship It’s Britney B*tch Network talk show group. Although she was not my personal winner this week. I thought she did well as Sarah Huckabee Sanders in the Trump: The Rusical episode. I thought Nina was fun in the Draglympics episode. I don’t know if she was Bottom 3 worthy to me but I am sure her runway outfit brought her down - it was that strange Vikings inspired look. At around Episode 8 there were more acting based challenges which was where I grew to like and appreciate Nina more. She was hilarious and fantastic as Joann Waley and Harvey Firestein on Snatch Game. Love how she played two characters and executed them so well. Nina was funny on the LADP Indecent Exposure at Trailer Park segment but I felt Brooke Lynn outshone her and that was a surprise - but also understandable as Brooke had a more dynamic character than Nina. I did feel bad how Nina’s helping Brooke out hindered her from shining. My favorite Nina moment and performance was the Dragracadabra (Magic show from Episode 10. I thought Nina was at her most hilarious and really carried and shone throughout this challenge. :haha: This was the Nina win I definitely agreed with. Sadly all that good will went to waste on the Bring Back My Queens! episode where she was reunited and made-over Sugah Cain. The LGBTQ/Trans pride storyline to the outfits had a wonderful and meaningful message to it - but yeah the looks were too costumey. That and a very underwhelming “No Scrubs” lip sync battle, this was just a bad episode for Nina. :( But I am fine she lasted so long (through I would have preferred Plastique in her spot) as she grew on me. Well done to Nina winning the Miss Congeniality award too.

Plastique Tiara: Plastique making it to only 8th was surprising because I saw Plastique as a frontrunner and i thought/wanted her to last longer. :( Plastique is more of a looks Queen and always brought great and fascinating looks on the runways. There’s a reason why she was always in the top on the Design challenges. I enjoyed all of her looks even if the judges felt she would rely on being too pretty. She was hilarious in the Why It Gotta Be Black, Panther! group with playing the Vietnamese character and accent and she nailed that perfectly. Although that would start to get old and become a crutch in later challenges. She had a disappointing performance in the When You Believe Mariah talk show episode but then again so did that whole group. I can’t remember her too well as Melania Trump in the Trump: The Rusical episode but I want to say she did well but wasn’t a standout.The Monster Balls design challenge was a great moment with 3 strong looks there. Plastique did alright in The Draglympics episode. She danced and perfumed well but seemed to be one of the more quieter performers that didn’t stand out. Episode 7’s From Farm to Runway was easily Plastique’s breakthrough and best episode. It was such a touching story hearing how Plastique’s family doesn’t really accept her drag and how they try to ignore that. And how it seems to go against the Vietnamese traditions and all. Ugh that was so terrible and heartbreaking to hear. I do hope Plastique’s family has become supportive of her drag. It was sweet how supportive RuPaul was there. I loved Plastique’s excitement for Alyssa Edwrds that episode and their bond. I was really happy Plastique won this design challenge - as she was in the Top 3 but came up short the other times. I wish she had more moments like this. Her Lovely Meme character was fun and fine on Snatch Game - it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t memorable. I did like how she did the Vietnamese accent mixed in with the hood accent. :haha: Ugh that RADP cop show was a disaster episode for Plastique. Her and Vanjie were a mess and so hard to understand. Also surprising her runway loo was a bit of a miss within the theme. Ugh I was really sad to see Plastique go and was rooting for her to stay over Vanjie (shocking!). :( But when the lip sync song was “Hood Boy” I knew she was doomed. I felt Plastique had more to offer than Vanjie as a whole and yeah I thought Plastique could have gone Top 6 at least. :( I am definitely a fan and found Plastique rootable and I usually have a soft spot for the introvert quieter types as I am one myself. I hope to see her on an All-Stars season.

Ra'jah O’Hara: I really hope I’m not in the minority here but i found Ra’jah really irritating and annoying. 🙈 Ugh I was interested in Ra’jah at first but then she would complain about everything and all of the fellow Queens. She would come b-wordy for me. I don’t mind people being b-wordy as long as they have some fun humor or snark or sass - or even if they have the talent to back up what they are saying…. but Ra’jah had none of that and came off so mean. Like Ra’jah had no problem calling out other people’s flaws but would ignore hers. 😐 I did feel like she lacked a lot of characterization and fun in the acting challenges and the dancing challenges. This was evident in the Why It Gotta Be Black, Panther! group. Then she was apart of that terrible Mariah base When You Believe talk show where she was apart of that bad singing with Honey. :lmao: Yeah Honey was worse but Ra’jah wasn’t as good as she thought. :lmao: Her Omarosa character on the Trump: The Rusical was so bad and completely out of character. She actually came off too nice and pretty and lacked the villainous character of Omarosa. This was also the episode where Yanis (Ihat choreographer) called Ra’jah on struggling when the choreography when she told him she had all of this dance experience. The evil part of me found this hilarious. :dead: But I did also feel bad for Ra’jah there. It did seem like the design challenges were the best part of her run as she was always called safe there - at least the first two times. Ra’jah did have some good runway looks but some meh and bad ones - so I guess she was a mixed bag there. She danced well on the Draglympics episode but was lacking stage presence and didn’t stand out like she was supposed to (same with the country line dancing). Ugh I was getting tired of Ra’jah and was hoping Scarlet would have beaten her but no luck. :( Then her last runway look on the From Farm to Runway episode wasn’t good. Thankfully A'keria won the lip sync and got her out. :ph34rwave: Lol her delusions of saying the judges always put her in the Bottom 2 to be entertain and see her put on a show was hilarious though. But yeah Ra’jah just annoyed so much with her arguments against Yvie and then when Scarlet said she should go - when she and everyone else was saying Scarlet (so Scarlet would/should feel worse. And also calling out people resting on being safe…. and how they need to go when they were still better than her. Ugh just so annoying.  Although I am glad she came across a lot better and apologized for how she came across on the Reunion show so that made me think of her on a better light. But still not a Ra’jah fan from her time on the show.

Scarlet Envy: Aww I enjoyed Scarlet on her short 6 episode stay and I was expecting her to last longer than she did. I did enjoy her runway looks for the most part. Sure they weren’t super standouts but I didn’t think they were bad. Scarlet had her best moment on Episode 2’s Good Got Girl, Get Out! acting challenge where she was apart of that group. Scarlet’s acting chops came into play strongly and she really sold her character well there. :omg: Then she was apart of that terrible When You Believe Mariah talk show and she was quite a terrible co-host there. :lmao: She did well as Betsey on the Trump: the Rusical episode. I thought she did well with her runway looks on the Monster Ball episode. Sadly Scarlet’s bad dancing was a running gag/theme for her as that was always pointed out. So that Draglympics episode was NOT going to work in her favor and would work against her. Scarlet struggled with the choreography and the dancing wasn’t good but I thought she brought out a good and fun performance. Scarlet being in the Bottom 2 was understandable. But I was rooting for her to stay in that “Last Dance” battle over Ra’jah (which I thought she was a lot of fun in) as i was kinda getting tired of Ra’jah underperforming every other week. But then that didn’t happen so that was a bummer. I was wanting more from Scarlet. :( Although Scarlet got to come bad on the Bring Back My Queens episode and caused a lot of drama being surprised about Vanjie and Silky still being in the competition. :haha: 

Silky Nutmeg Ganache: WOW OMGG Silky! :dead: Okayyy sooo I know Silky was a LOT! I heard nothing of her pre-S11 watch so I am taking it that IDF does not like Silky at all and this could be….. another Eureka situation for me here. 🙈 Okay so Silky was a huge memorable character and someone whose name i would know and remember by Episode 1. Yes she’s loud, obnoxious and obviously a camera hog seeking for attention and yess I totally get all of this and even thought this at first. But danggg it Silky brought the entertainment, the drama and everything I would want from this show. I was surprised she lasted as long as she did but she did have some great moments. I loved her frenemy relationship with Yvie and how they were always at each other. Then Silky with her extreme confidence and cockiness was also something else too. :haha:  I would always crack up with how she would call everyone h0s including one of my favorite quotes of the season (she said to Yvie critiquing her): giphy.gif. :dead: That's one of my favorite quotes now and something I will use at Elliott people who try to come at me. :giggle: Silky was an interesting competitor and I did enjoy Silky as a whole. Her runway looks were hit or miss - probably mostly misses and it did seem like she didn’t care or put a lot of work into that aspect of the competition especially if she did well on the main challenge. But I did like when she would glam up. I thought she did well with the singing on the It’s Britney B*tch Network talk show group. Silky’s as a competitor started standing out to me where she owned her Oprah role on the Trump Rusical episode. She (shockingly) had a small role but shone with her performing and characterization there. I thought that was a deserved win. The Monster Ball episode wasn’t a good one for Silky but design challenges usually aren’t her thing. Although LOL her comments of being in the bottom for being beautiful and how she was alright with that. :lmao: She cracked me up on  Tuckpantistan team in the Draglympics episode. I wrote down a quote from her that cracked me up which was: ““i’m a big b*tch but I’m not a scared big b*tch.”” when she was trying to learn the intricate choreography. :dead:  I thought she brought great and fun energy to her performing there. I liked her outfit more the From Farm to Runway episode and thought this went better for her. Silky’s TS Madison impersonation on Snatch Game was freaking hilarious. :dead: I don’t know who TS Madison is but Silky had me cracking up all throughout that episode. :lmao:  She had another strong showing on the LADP episode part of the Two Queens accused of buying and selling back alley butt pads segment. :lmao:  She was crazy hilarious with her character and definitely outshone Shuga which was to be expected. i just loved Silky on these acting comedic challenges and these were her at her peak. The Black Magic group on the Dragracadabra magic show episode was kind of a hot mess - but i enjoyed Silkys performance and thought she was the best and only entertaining one of that group. :haha: Oooh poor Silky being paired up and stuck with Soju on the Bring Back My Queens! episode was…. a challenge. LOL Silky thought she was being sabotaged but it definitely makes sense wh she thought that. Her speechlessness (shocker!) and commentary of trying to teach Soju to walk in heels was all freaking hilarious. :lmao: It’s a shame Silky didn’t really deliver to  make this challenge work for her. Then OMGG all of Silky’s talk of ~send me in the Bottom 2 so i can lip sync for my life! I will show y’all how it’s down~ and then she delivers that underwhelming and messy “No Scrubs” lip sync. :dead: Silky was ALL HYPE and no delivery. I have never been anymore disappointed  but this was a fun hilarious mess to watch. :dead: I really thought a double elimination would have happened and I wouldn’t have been mad about it. At least she brought it and delivered on the Queens Everywhere episode and gave a super fun and high energetic performance. :bobo: I enjoyed her “Bootylicious” lip sync more than the first lip sync so at least she improved but she was no match against Brooke Lynn. So yeah I am sure many people are annoyed and didn’t like Silky but I really enjoyed her. :haha:

Shuga Cain: Lol when Elliott said that Shuga would be a favorite of mine with her 5 seconds of airtime, I was think she was a fun memorable first boot  but not someone that was on 10 episodes with very little airtime. :dead: Goshh I felt like i barely really got to know or see Shuga with how long she lasted which is crazy. I know Shuga worked at a corporate job and quit it to pursue drag but that was all I knew of her personally. Most of the time she was middle of the pack but I did like her from what little i did see of her. Shuga was great and a standout as the Auntie character on the Why It Gotta Be Black, Panther! group. Then there was that infamous When You Believe Mariah talk show where she was such a bad co-host there. She was fine but not memorable as Hilary Clinton in the Trump: The Rusical episode. The Monster Ball design challenge wasn’t a good week for her as she landed in the Bottom 2. I did like her second creepy look but her other two looks missed the mark and she had to explain the storylines to the looks which did not come across. This leads me to saying her runway looks were inconsistent and a hit-or-miss. Some looks were fantastic, some weren’t good and some were middle of the road. I did not remember Shuga in the Draglympics episode or Farm to Runway episode either. But she did win the mini challenge that episode so that’s cool. Shuga’s Charo impression on Snatch Game was really good, funny and I feel her highlight of the season. I do get Michelle how she could have went even further with it - i.e. Yara on AS1 nailed and was SO hilarious with Charo. Then the last two episodes were pretty much the same - she got put in groups with big personalities and got outshone by them. She was in that Two Queens caught in Catfight at Liquor store segment and lol of course she was not going to outshine Silky. Shuga would have been my super biased pick to go as I didn’t want Vanjie or Plastique to go even though they were far worse than Shuga this week…. so ugh. :haha: Shuga was in a good group with Nina and Brooke on the Dragracadabra magic show episode. I personally don’t think she should have been in the Bottom 2 as I thought Yvie especially was far worse this episode and that whole team wasn’t good. So that seemed unfair to Shuga. But Shuga just wasn’t standing out or memorable most of the time. I could have liked Shuga more than I did if she had more airtime (though Shuga was nice and likable).  

Soju: Aww I was looking forward to having another Korean contestant on the show as Kim Chi was such a great addition to Season 8. Sadly we didn’t get much from Soju and she seemed so out of her depth here. Although she delivered with that story about her cyst. :dead: And omgg Silky would give Soju the Kim Chi box and Ru calling out the race card was funny. Sadly this was Soju’s first dress she designed and it was such a hot mess. It was just…. too much with it. Although the Korean idea with one of the dresses was nice storyline-wise. Then her lip sync to “Best of Both Worlds” wasn’t good she got owned by Kahanna. I did like Soju’s personality and wold have liked seeing more of her (namely for hr personality) but i wasn’t upset with this cut either. I did like seeing Soju back on the Bring Back My Queens episode  especially when she was a fun hilarious mess learning to walk in those big heels. :dead:

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo: MISS VANJIE! :bobo: I was so excited to see Miss Vanjie on S11 as she was one of the most memorable and favorite first boots of this series and I always wanted to see more from her - so I’m glad we got that here on S11. Vanjie is one of the most hilarious contestants on this show and she seriously cracked me up about 90% of the time whenever she was on the screen. I really enjoyed Miss Vanjie’s run although I wish she was a bit of a more well rounded and stronger contestant as a whole. I did feel her runway loos are mina inconsistent. She had some looks that i really liked and that worked for her but then she had this repetitive leotard bathing suit look that was getting old which annoyed Michelle. The mai thing I wanted and thought Vanjie would be better at were the acting/performing based challenges. Vanjie is naturally a very funny character and person but she lacked the proper acting chips and couldn’t really play characters that weren’t herself. For example , she didn’t play the dorky character well on the Good Got Girl, Get Out! movie but was a lot of fun. I thought Vanjie was hilarious on the It’s Britney B*tch Network talk show as the Britney conversion character. :haha: Vanjie owned that role and I felt she should have won that challenge (over Nina). But then Vanjie’s lac of acting skills showed up when she “played” Rosie O’Donnell on the Trump Rusical episode. I thought she did well on the Monster Ball challenge with the 3 outfits and the Draglympics episode too. It was nice that she did give a different look from the leotard look on the From Farm to Runway episode. I did expect a lot more from Vanjie on the next two episodes. I don’t really know who Danielle Bregoli is but her Snatch Game portrayal of it wasn’t…. distinct and she was acting like herself at parts of it. Then the RADP Two Queens caught in Catfight at Liquor store segment with Plastique was such a confusing mess. I was at peace with Vanjie going as she had a worse track record than Plastique but then she slayed her “Hood Boy” lip sync (such a perfect song choice) so i was happy for her staying. I did appreciate that Vanjie took notes from the judges to script her magic show act but sadly  that challenge did not work for her and once again it was just her being herself and not much of a different character. I did feel bad for Vanjie as she was clearly trying to change things and impress the judges but it wasn’t working - and how that would get her feeling so vulnerable. In hindsight maybe this was a good thing because she poured and gave her all in the “No More Drama” lip sync. :omg: I was really proud of Vanjie on the Bring Back My Queens! makeover episode where she was paired with Ariel Versace and she nailed the Family values look - where they had similar styles but a difference to make the standout. I really wanted Vanjie to get that win so I was disappointed when that didn’t happen. :( I was sad her “Queens Everywhere” performance didn’t pop like I was expecting. Then her having to lip sync against Brooke was sad too. :( Ooh and it was also interesting seeing the showmance between Vanjie and Brooke Lynn. They are such opposites but the more I saw them, the more I enjoyed their bond and situation/relationship or whatever they called it. :haha: Although it’s sad they didn’t work out after the show. All in all Vanjie maybe wasn’t a perfect contestant but she was such great fun to watch! :bobo: 

Yvie Oddly: Yvie was definitely the odd weird and out of the box Queen of the season which can usually be a hit or miss for me. But Yvie was definitely a hit for me. I thought Yvie was a strong contender and standout of S11. But I don’t know what I was most surprised about on her run - that she never won any challenges at all or that she won without winning any challenges. While I do really like her that had me feeling conflicted with her win. Yvie was also apart of a lot of drama and wasn’t afraid to voice her opinions on various things - often times I did find myself agreeing with Yvie about 95% of the time (if not more) and felt she was brutally honest more than being rude/shady/nasty - but i could get how that would annoy people. Goodness Yvie did break my heart when she talked about her body condition she had and how that would wain down her energy if she  used it too often. Then how that would diminish her drag career. :( I did love most of Yvie’s runway looks and performances and always found her so intriguing and entertaining to watch. Even when her looks weren’t hits (and she wasn’t as consistent as Brooke there), I was always intrigued to what she would bring. Oooh wait…. I completely forgot that Yvie was a co-winner on the Good Got Girl, Get Out! group. But her creepy acting was so hilarious and worked out so well. Yvie was fun and hilarious on on the It’s Britney B*tch Network group on the Diva Worship episode where she was one of the characters converted into a Britney fan. :haha:  She did well as KellyAnne Conway on the Trump Rusical episode but she wasn’t exactly a standout. I did really enjoy Yvie on the monster Ball design challenge - even though that design challenge should have been in her wheelhouse to win but her 3rd look was kinda underwhelming but i did love her fun Dinosaur inspired look. Yvie did well on the Tuckpantistan team in the Draglympics episode with those crazy flexible movements. :omg: But that was also when we learned of her condition which was heartbreaking and even sadder when she injured her ankle. I was glad she got to showcase she could do her mix of weirdness and glamor on the From Farm to Runway episode. But eeek the Whoopi Golderg Snatch Game performance was such a fail and sooo bad. I was looking forward to this but Yvie missed the mark on so many levels. Her Bottom 2 trip was deserved. I was sooo shocked about Yvie being down there with Brooke Lynn at the same time but luckily they both slayed that “Sorry Not Sorry” lip sync battle. :omg: Yvie did well and was funny on the LADP episode part of the Twerking Girls Corner Disturbance segment but A’keria totally outshone her.  But yikes I thought she was terrible on the Dragracadabra magic show episode and should have landed in the Bottom 2 there. I liked that she fought for having structure and a script for their magic act but she came off too rehearsed and lacking fun personality. I liked that she was partnered with Scarlet on the Bring Back My Queens! episode. Dare I say I liked and founded the shredded jeans look fun? I liked their runway and found it fun. She absolutely nailed her performance on the Queens Everywhere episode and I loved her  Best Drag look where she had a mix of Glamor and weird/odd style going on. I know she was announced first into the finals but I felt that was an “unofficial” challenge win as she had the best comments. She did well on her finale lip sync battles - although I did not get or care for her “SOS” lip sync. I did not lie the outfit and it distracted me. :ph34rwave: Then she won over Brooke Lynn which surprised and disappointed me. :ph34rwave: I do consider Yvie a fave of mine here but she just wasn’t my winner’s choice.

Rankings:

1. Brooke Lynn Hytes
  2. Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
  3. Yvie Oddly
  4. Plastique Tiara
  5. Silky Nutmeg Ganache
  6. A'keria C. Davenport
  7. Nina West
  8. Shuga Cain
  9. Scarlet Envy
  10. Mercedes Iman Diamond
  11. Kahanna Montrese
  12. Ariel Versace
  13. Soju
  14. Honey Davenport
  15. Ra'jah O’Hara

Yeah this season was messy but I really enjoyed a lot of the contestants. I would say 1-7 are amongst my faves but I did like 8-10 (maybe 11) too.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Silky at fifth!?!?

unimpressed viola davis GIF

same.  Pleasantly surprised how low Akeria it too!   

@*Wallace surprised Yvie wasn't your fav.  Brooklyn was my fav too though.  Same Top 3, slightly different order.

I also ranked Rajah last ❤️ 

Edited by Solaris

14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Silky at fifth!?!?

unimpressed viola davis GIF

giphy.gif.

11 minutes ago, Solaris said:

same.  Pleasantly surprised how low Akeria it too!   

@*Wallace surprised Yvie wasn't your fav.  Brooklyn was my fav too though.  Same Top 3, slightly different order.

I also ranked Rajah last ❤️ 

Same... although I do like A'keria. But she only stood out to me 2 or 3 times while I connected and was invested in my Top 5 more.

Oooh really? 😮 Buut yayy Brooke Lynn being your favorite too. I guess it's more unexpected for Brooke to be my fave. :haha: 

#BLESS. Ra'jah was so irritating to me. :dead: 

11 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I can't believe it, but then I can. But also living for the drama you're causing by liking Silky hahaha

tenor.gif

Silky was SO entertaining. :dead:  

8 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Lowkey team Wally with much of his rankings here :ph34rwave: except the obvious Yvie being 3rd instead of 1st! 

:wub:  

Aww sorry about Yvie. I was still a fan and consider Yvie a favorite of mine!

6 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Yvie being third and Silky being fifth...no words.

apr-23-2019-14-16-58.gif

I guess Yvie was your favorite and you didn't like Silky? :haha:  

I've kind of come around to Silky since S11 ended. Sure she was the obvious person to root against but in hindsight she brought a lot of the drama/entertaintment and the fanbase's overly vitriolic reaction towards her kind of made me feel bad for her and eventually like her more. :haha: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I guess Yvie was your favorite and you didn't like Silky? :haha:  

Yvie is by far my favorite, but I do love Brooke and Vanjie.

Silky was pretty much hated by...everybody. You are not watching Untucked, which really is where a lot of her horrid personality showed itself. LOL. 

Listen, I think Silky provided entertainment. To an extent. She just felt toxic and draining over time, but I do not condone the racism she experienced whatsoever. Obviously. She was treated like sh*t after the season, which felt horrible.

4 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I've kind of come around to Silky since S11 ended. Sure she was the obvious person to root against but in hindsight she brought a lot of the drama/entertaintment and the fanbase's overly vitriolic reaction towards her kind of made me feel bad for her and eventually like her more. :haha: 

All of this! (!) 

Except i didn't know the hate Silky got from the fandom. But I would feel the same way. 

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Yvie is by far my favorite, but I do love Brooke and Vanjie.

Silky was pretty much hated by...everybody. You are not watching Untucked, which really is where a lot of her horrid personality showed itself. LOL. 

Listen, I think Silky provided entertainment. To an extent. She just felt toxic and draining over time, but I do not condone the racism she experienced whatsoever. Obviously. She was treated like sh*t after the season, which felt horrible.

Yayyy! 😄 Those 3 were definitely my favorites.

Ahh I understand this. Maybe it's for the best I don't watch Untucked as I wouldn't want it to make me like Silky less. :haha: 

Hmmm I didn't really get a toxic vibe from Silky too much (but maybe that's from Untucked). I definitely get how she can be draining and A LOT to deal with being with her everyday however long the season films. :haha: Didn't know of the racism she dealt with or how horribly she was treated though. That's horrible. :( :/ 

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

My rankings would probably look something like

1. Yvie

2. Brooke

3. Vanjie

4. Scarlet

5. Shuga

6. Silky

7. Plastique

8. A'Keria

9. Nina

everyone else

The only 9 that mattered. :wub: 

Although Mercedes too as her story  was heartbreaking. :broken: I just wish she was a better contestant.

#TeamWally with the top three ranking. 😘 At the time, Yvie was my second favourite behind Brooke, but if I were to do a ranking now, I'd probably put Vanjie at #2 ahead of her since my love for Vanjie has only grown while Yvie's pretty much just stayed the same with me. But other than those three, I don't really care.

I liked Nina more after S11 than I do nowadays. Her post-DR stuff has been yikes.

Shuga was done dirty. The B2 for Black Magic should've been Vanjie and Silky.

Silky is one of my least favourite contestants. She wasn't enjoyable television and her attitude in Untucked was nagl. Naturally she and Ra'jah were recipients of the racist fanbase's hate. 🙄

I don't think I have any issues otherwise.

42 minutes ago, Elliott said:

#TeamWally with the top three ranking. 😘 At the time, Yvie was my second favourite behind Brooke, but if I were to do a ranking now, I'd probably put Vanjie at #2 ahead of her since my love for Vanjie has only grown while Yvie's pretty much just stayed the same with me. But other than those three, I don't really care.

I liked Nina more after S11 than I do nowadays. Her post-DR stuff has been yikes.

Shuga was done dirty. The B2 for Black Magic should've been Vanjie and Silky.

Silky is one of my least favourite contestants. She wasn't enjoyable television and her attitude in Untucked was nagl. Naturally she and Ra'jah were recipients of the racist fanbase's hate. 🙄

I don't think I have any issues otherwise.

YAYY! 😄 Ahh I seee at this with Vanjie and Raja. With Vanjie's time on S10 and famous quote of her name.... that helped me root and be more partial towards her. :haha: 

:shiver: @ this stuff regarding Nina.

Yeah Shuga Bottom 2'ing that episode made no sense to me. Although  I would have had Yvie down there instead - but a Yvie/Vanjie B2 would have been #yikes.

Gahh I get all of this regarding Silky. :dead: Ugh this last part. It's upsetting when the black contestants have nasty/unlikable/polarizing personalities they get racist comments and treatment towards them  which is such an undeserved low blow. :/ 

This is good! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

8 hours ago, #jeah said:

Completely agree. I wasn’t necessarily a fan, but I hate how the fanbase has been so horrific to her. And I’ve come to respect that she brought the drama to a pretty bland season otherwise!

• Like 1