RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Ginger should’ve won but the fan base was never going to get behind a plus size queen who got a shady edit. 🙄

me checking to see who Ginger was and then finding out she is one of the three I was talking about liking :haha:

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

:haha:

:wub: :wub: :wub: 

I had to do a disclaimer or you. :giggle: 

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Ew @*Wallace whats wrong with you? :haha: Trinity owned this season (outside of Manila), so insulting that Monet is above her.    At least you ranked Manila #1 (deservedly so!)

Awww I'm sorry. I do like/really like Trinity but I always happen to prefer others over her. I agree that she did own it - but I rooted more for my Top 3 more! :haha:  

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

#TeamWally on ranking Monét above Trinity. 😘

I also put Latrice above her.

Yayyy!! 😄 

OMGG I would have felt too biased doing that. :lmao: I do like Latrice more on an overall scale/past seasons but did like Trinity more.

50 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Switch Monique with Manila and Wally your rankings are it!

Yayyy! Mostly agreement here! :ohyeah: I have no issue with that as they were both amongst my faves haha.

27 minutes ago, .Rei said:

me checking to see who Ginger was and then finding out she is one of the three I was talking about liking :haha:

#bless!

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Hopefully the other two are Katya and Pearl or Jaidynn.

:yes: 

6 minutes ago, Solaris said:

This post.  

But also Trixie.  

Not on this season. :ph34rwave: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

And move Naomi to last.

Naomi did kinda really ruin the season but I couldn't do that to her based off the work she did. :dead:  

55 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Other than Naomi, I don’t have any major disagreements with your rankings (and me having Naomi last is partly because I’m a bitter h0). But she clearly would’ve left at the top five otherwise and I can appreciate her being unapologetic about making a strategic decision. I’m just not a fan and will forever remain bitter.

I’m glad Monique grew on you a lot, which was the case for most people watching the season. Homegirl slayed and they were the double crowning I wish happened.

(Well other than AS5, but you’ll get there eventually...)

I feel like Latrice got a bad rep in AS4, tbh. Like... of course she was going to be competitive and say what she needed to say to stick in. To see the fanbase turn on her so quickly was upsetting. I wish she had done more on the runways, but I loved her plastic look.

I agree a lot with your comments on Monét and Trinity. I think Monét did better than the edit let on because she was pretty consistent, imo. I think she should’ve been in the B2 for the makeover, so her being in the top two was a major wtf for me. I also enjoyed her more than Trinity in Jersey Justice (I would’ve put Trinity/Latrice in that B2), but this show loves its storylines.

Trinity did well, but I also felt her track record was really inflated since I wouldn’t have given her the wins for the first episode or the Club challenge (should’ve been Manila who did 90% of the work smh), and personally preferred Latrice in the Sex and the Kitty Girl challenge. Also the popular theory for her old man lip sync was that she intentionally threw it because she didn’t want to be the one who eliminated Valentina given their friendship and Valentina’s fan base.

But anyway, both have done great things with their title, so I’m fine with them being co-winners. (And a certain later certain makes me even more content with Trinity’s win :shiftywave:.) I just wish they would’ve edited it better.

Re: Gia, she was cast because the show was embroiled in controversy over Ru making problematic statements on casting trans queens and they brought Gia in to help alleviate some of that. Gia’s talked about it some too. She did help being the drama at least.

You only have four seasons left now. 😍 S11 is a rough season to get through because it drags on and on once you get to the halfway Mark, but UK1 and S12 are amazing seasons! 

This makes a lot of sense regarding Naomi I think if I were to watch this season in live time and be in my feels aout it for a month’s time I would have been more bitter too. Glad you can also agree she was Top 5 worthy on the season. Yeah I applaud her for the strategic elimination to get herself further but i still hate it. :dead: 

Yesss I am glad Monique grew a lot on me, Monique was the Queen that grew the most  on me so yayy for that. Ughh yess me too on the double crowning. Had I known there would be two winners I would have rooted for Monét and Monique. :dead:

Ugh yess to all of this on Latrice. :( Not surprised this season did more bad than good for her image. The competitiveness did annoy me but I understood it too. It was tricky - but I am still a Latrice an overall.

These are all fair comments here on Monét and Trinity that I can’t disagree too much. I also didn’t think Monét should have B2’d for the Jersey Justice episode.

Oooh I agreed with a lot of your Trinity comments. I was kinda surprised by her wins there. I was okay with the Club win but do think Manila should have gotten that Her winning the SATKG was surprising considering her edit that episode. OOOO omggg this theory regarding the old man lip sync. Lmaoo I kinda had a feeling she was throwing it or well didn’t give it her all because she does much better lip syncs than that. :dead: That makes sense.

Oooh I am so unsure and clueless on this comment of being more content with Trinity’s win but I look forward to all of this. :haha:

Thanks for this info on Gia. It’s always nice learning about trans woman in this drag competition as I had no clue about this beforehand. But I see Ru was trying to repair the image there. So it’s good Gia was a good voice for trans woman in the drag competition.

Omggg I knowww. I am sooo proud of myself watching all of these seasons and getting through it all! :bye2: I’ll make a short post on S11 but i do fear this haha. Thank you for your comments!

18 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Trixie was cute in Season 7.

:unsure:  

😛 

(Spoilerish so be cautious Rei).... but when you lose a lip sync to Pearl then you know something is wrong.

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Or any season. :ph34rwave:

:dead: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

I did start and see one episode of S11. UHHH 15 Queens? Why are there 15 Queens? LMAO this is gonna be exhausting trying to learn who all of them are. :dead:  

They followed the S10 format but decided not to have a the Top 4 non-elimination format so they had one more queen in the cast. :dead: Thankfully everyone hated it so I don’t think they’ll do it again.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And I think A’keria will be your S11 favourite, with Brooke, Yvie, Miss Vanjie, Ra’jah and Shuga being lesser favourites. You’ll either really enjoy Nina or be annoyed by her.

Akeria is so boring though, but after seeing his favoritism of Monet, I won't be surprised.

I think he will prefer Yvie though.  

• Like 1

Just now, Solaris said:

Akeria is so boring though, but after seeing his favoritism of Monet, I won't be surprised.

So is literally the entire cast of S11 except for Yvie and Vanjie. (And I say that as a Brooke stan.)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Lmaoooo. Life’s not fair!

:dead:  

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And I think A’keria will be your S11 favourite, with Brooke, Yvie, Miss Vanjie, Ra’jah and Shuga being lesser favourites. You’ll either really enjoy Nina or be annoyed by her.

Nothing all of this and keeping a quote in my documet so I can see how accurate this will be. :haha:  

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

They followed the S10 format but decided not to have a the Top 4 non-elimination format so they had one more queen in the cast. :dead: Thankfully everyone hated it so I don’t think they’ll do it again.

Omgggg. :dead:  One extra Queen is not needed. :dead:  

Just now, #jeah said:

A’Keria will not be Wally’s fave lmao she’s good but too forgettable to be a #1 for him. I’m thinking he’ll like Vanjie, Yvie, and Brooke over her.

I’m just basing it off of @*Lily likes the most from each season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

A’Keria will not be Wally’s fave lmao she’s good but too forgettable to be a #1 for him. I’m thinking he’ll like Vanjie, Yvie, and Brooke over her.

preach those are the best 3.  

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I think he will prefer Yvie though.  

Nothing was wrong with Monet on AS4. :/ 😛 

😮 

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

Lovingg this prediction tooo. :giggle: 

Yayy excited to read your AS4 thoughts in full Wally! 😄 

Lmao Season 11 is kind of a mess :dead: A lot of fun personalities but yeah the size of the cast kinda hurt the edit IMO and I wish there were some queens we got to see more of. Saying that, some fun moments and some great queens so I’m excited to see what you think!