American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

RAYVON OWEN

F*cking hell. FINALLY. Season 14 was terrible, and Rayvon Owen's continued survival via Twitter was to blame for a significant chunk of it. (As was SDF's continued survival, smh). He had a handful of decent performances, but by and large, the majority of his Idol run was abysmal. Imagine seeing his performances of Long Train Runnin' and Go Your Own Way and be like "Yes, that. That is what I want to see stick around over Quentin and Joey." C H O I C E S. I would go on a giant rant of how much I disliked him on S14, but his continued survival in this rankdown has exhausted me and I'm just glad I can finally eliminate him.

SAVE: original bottom three queen Nikki McKibbin ❤️

Laci Kaye Booth

62a61ae7-faa2-4cd0-9442-25ffb378cc8a-151926_2960.jpg?crop=1909,1074,x219,y236&width=1909&height=1074&format=pjpg&auto=webp

I bingewatched S17 really fast and never watched any of their packages or judging comments so maybe I missed something with her, but I never really got Laci Kaye Booth. She constantly looked like a deer caught in the headlights during all her performances. She's an absolutely beautiful girl, but I also don't think any of her style choices ever really worked for her. Honestly a lot of performances kind of blended together for me. She slowed songs down, played them with a guitar, and kinda hit some basic notes. She's not a bad singer by any means and I don't think she really had bad performances, but I found her to be rather bland. She also just isn't a contestant for me. Her style just isn't my thing and will never be the kind of music I like. I'm just on my pursuit to eliminate S17 so it only made sense that I cut her lol.

Save Jessica Sanchez YOU'RE NOT GETTING YOUR HANDS ON TAMYRA OR JESSICA TODAY @Elliott :giggle:

Sabrina Sloan

Sabrina Sloan

Congrats on almost making the Top 100.  For a semi-finalist thats a great run.  Sabrina had 3 weeks of solid performances in the semifinals of season 6.  She performed much better then Christina Christians entire run of season 1.  In week 1 Sabrina performed  I NEver Loved a Man (The Way that I Loved You), and it was her best performance.  On a night of strong performances she stood out at once of the best.  In week 2 she sang All the Man that I need, which was also great.  She closed the show and got much praise.  In week 3 she performed Don't Let Go, and while it was good (it wasn't as solid as her week 1 and 2).  She was eliminated the following night.  I think she earned her spot in the Top 12 (over Stephanie Edwards), but the public did not agree.  Anyway out you go.

KATIE WEBBER

hqdefault.jpg

Katie Webber, how did make it this far? Oh, you made it this far because people decided to take out big threat at the start of the game. I am sure a lot of people are wondering who you are, so let me tell you more about Katie Webber.  She was a semi-finalist on the 3rd season of American Idol where many people believe she should have advanced after her stellar performance of "Orange Colored Sky" during the Group 1 night. However, she did not move on and was choosen as a wildcard - she gave us a terrible performance of "So Emotional". And with one terrible performance, she did not move on in the competition - not sure how someone with 2 performances that cancel each other managed to make it this far.

SAVING: KIM LOCKE

Edited by *Chris

Mandisa-800x445.jpeg

Mandisa

This cut is long overdue. Mandisa had one decent performance and it was her first of the semi-finals. The rest were either beyond average or horrible. That’s all I really have to say on the matter but I’ve got to stretch this write-up to one hundred words.

Kellie, Katharine, Lisa, Melissa and Paris were all far more talented and better vocalists than her. She’s gone on to have a pretty steady career with some Contemporary Christian music! Good on her but it isn’t the sort of music we hear over here and I don’t find myself going out of my way to hear her songs. Goodbye!

So far:

Siobhan Magnus (cut by Elliott)

Sabrina Sloan (cut by Solaris)

Nikki McKibbin (saved by Elliott)

Haley Scarnato

Mandisa (cut by Zoey)

Tyanna Jones

La’Porsha Renae

Kelly Clarkson (saved by Solaris)

Gina Glocksen

Jasmine Trias (cut by Chris)

Laci Kaye Booth (cut by Alex)

Constantine Maroulis

Kimberly Locke (saved by Chris)

Jena Irene (saved by Solaris)

Jessica Sanchez (saved by Alex)

Katie Webber (cut by Chris)

Elliott Yamin (cut by Zoey)

Jessica Meuse

Tamyra Gray (saved by Alex)

Lee DeWyze (saved by Elliott)

Quentin Alexander

Trenyce (saved by Zoey)

Anoop Desai (cut by Alex)

Rayvon Owen (cut by Elliott)

Diana DeGarmo (saved by Zoey)

Kree Harrison (saved by Chris)

Paris Bennett

Christina Christian (cut by Solaris)

On 4/28/2020 at 3:01 PM, NGM said:

Tyanna Jones

latest?cb=20150430020130

Sorry for the delay, I’m catching up on all rankdowns atm. Anyway, I vaguely remember her going farther than she should have in the previous one, so let’s take the opportunity to make sure than doesn’t happen. She was part of the tragic season 14, but she had some nice moments. She was pretty solid until she thought she could do a good work on Circle of Life (spoilers: she didn’t). She then proceeded to be mediocre for the rest of her run, with a brief return to good performances on her rendition of Stay. Anyway, don’t care about her, so bye!

Also thank you everyone for allowing me to recycle.

Save: La'Porsha