The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Meanwhile:

Forbes – Logos Download

Detroit Is Trying To Punish Sidney Powell For ‘Kraken’ Lawsuit—Legal Experts Say It Could Work

The city of Detroit is asking a federal judge to impose sanctions against attorney Sidney Powell and other lawyers involved in filing the infamous “Kraken” lawsuit, which the city argues was “frivolous” and was filed for the “improper” purpose of “undermining people’s faith in the democratic process.”

RNC Trump Presser with Giuliani

Sidney Powell, attorney for President Donald Trump, conducts a news conference at the Republican ... [+]

CQ-ROLL CALL, INC VIA GETTY IMAGES

Powell, who the Trump campaign cut ties with in late November, has been involved in filing dozens of the over 50 failed legal attempts to overturn the election’s results—most notably lawsuits she dubbed the “Kraken,” because she believed they were based on overwhelming evidence of fraud, that have been embraced by the QAnon conspiracy theory community. 

Filed in states including Wisconsin, Arizona and Georgia, the lawsuits hinge on debunked claims and crackpot witness testimony that the election’s voting machine system was manipulated in favor of President-elect Joe Biden. 

U.S. District Judge Linda Parker dismissed Powell’s litigation in Michigan earlier this month, saying: “The will of the people have spoken.” 

Now, a lawyer for the city of Detroit is asking Judge Parker to sanction the “Kraken” team with fines, a sweeping ban from practicing in the Eastern District of Michigan and a referral to the state’s bar for grievance proceedings. 

In the motion—which will be filed after a three-week window during which Powell can opt to withdraw her offending litigation (Powell told Forbes over email that she will not do so)—Detroit lawyer David Fink argues that the pro-Trump team violated standards of legal professional conduct under federal Rule 11, which requires that lawyers must not make cases in court “for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of litigation.” 

If the sanctions motion moves forward, Powell could be forced to post a $100,000 bond before filing any more appeals of the “Kraken” lawsuit in addition to the sanctions mentioned in the motion, but may also be exposed to other potential avenues of discipline which could include a review by the state bar even if the motion is denied, said University of Miami School of Law professor Jan Jacobowitz. 

While it’s typically uncommon for lawyers to be sanctioned under what Bruce Green, who directs Fordham Law School’s Louis Stein Center for Law and Ethics, describes as a “vague standard,” multiple legal ethics experts told Forbes that Detroit could succeed in punishing the “Kraken” team, though it depends entirely on the judge’s determination. 

“There seems to be a pretty compelling argument for punishing the lawyers for filing a frivolous lawsuit for improper purposes,” said Green, emphasizing, however, that “there are countervailing considerations” like limited precedent, the politicization of the legal battle and the fear of discouraging future election-law challenges that may have merit. 

Wow!  So many LIES, I don't know where to begin. 

1st - I watched almost all of the hearing, in MI. The evidence is damning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nothing frivolous about it. This is a desperate attempt, to suppress evidence

2nd - The Trump campaign, didn't cut ties with S Powell. She was never on the Trump Team. She is working independently, on the criminal aspect of the Election Fraud

3rd - The Trump Team, nor S Powell, nor Lin Wood have filed over 50 lawsuits. To date, they have filed THREE lawsuits. This LIE, keeps getting repeated, and brought here

And those 3 LIES, were all within the 1st 2 paragraphs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!         😬  🙃  🤓

"When you get falsely accused by the likes of David Fink & Marc Elias of Perkins Coie (The Hillary Clinton Firm) in a propaganda rag like Law & Crime, you smile because you know you are over the target & the enemy is running scared!"     -Lin Wood

Lin Wood on Twitter: "When you get falsely accused by the likes of David Fink & Marc Elias of Perkins Coie (The Hillary Clinton Firm) in a propaganda rag like Law & Crime, you smile because you know you are over the target & the enemy is running scared! https://t.co/g3LA7llOLq" / Twitter

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, psterina said:

1st - I watched almost all of the hearing, in MI. The evidence is damning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nothing frivolous about it. This is a desperate attempt, to suppress evidence

the hearing wasn't a court hearing. Evidence has to be admissible in court.

8 minutes ago, psterina said:

2nd - The Trump campaign, didn't cut ties with S Powell. She was never on the Trump Team. She is working independently, on the criminal aspect of the Election Fraud

The article linked its source for that statement. The article doesn't say she was on Trump's legal team. "Cut ties" doesn't mean she wasn't working independently. I don't see how you can call this a lie. Also, only the government can bring criminal charges.

9 minutes ago, psterina said:

3rd - The Trump Team, nor S Powell, nor Lin Wood have filed over 50 lawsuits. To date, they have filed THREE lawsuits. This LIE, keeps getting repeated, and brought here

The article linked its source for that statement. The article doesn't say that she or Trump team filed 50 lawsuits. It says she "has been involved in filing dozens of the over 50 failed legal attempts." I don't see how you can call this a lie.

36 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

You're the one watching them idiots on YouTube so what does that say about you? 

I haven't watched a single video posted in this thread. However, your comment does suggest that you haven't learned much from your moderator-mandated time out from last month.

• Like 1

The signature match "audit" promised by then  @GaSecofState
only includes 1 county, and, as usual, does not include ANY ability to actually monitor or confirm the signature matches.  @GabrielSterling
is a fraud, and his boss a liar.

So much corruption

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psterina said:
So much corruption

On both sides I'd say. The GOP doesn't get it. Without Trump they are nothing. Just like the Democrats, they don't do anything for America. Trump needs to enact the insurrection act and burn the system down. That would be a fitting close to 2020.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

DNI Radcliff has reported to CBS that there was election interference from China, Iran and Russia. Looks like we got that election report a few days early.

Break out that Executive Order, Trump!!!  You've got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, psterina said:

Break out that Executive Order, Trump!!!  You've got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      :thumbsup:

He's crossing his "t's" and dotting his "i's" got to do it right so not to give them another fake impeachment. But yeah, I'm ready for a massive fire😂 in DC. 

• Like 1

I'd still love to know if a few people here also want the house and Senate votes overturned that benefited them. Doesn't make a bit of sense that the dems would rig it just to get Trump out yet leave Republicans with a majority in the Senate and lose house seats. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

If you haven't watch them, then you can't know they're Idiot youtubers. As per usual, you're just flapping your pie hole. Whats the matter? No one to play with you?Run off and get your protector little boy it doesn't bother me. In fact it only proves who's winning the argument if all you can do is suspend those you can't win with facts. 

Mfw I've triggered Nut yet again.

374.png

For what it's worth, I wasn't the one who had you suspended. In fact, I had a great reply to your post that the mods felt necessary to delete. If you think you're "winning the argument" by coming here solely to throw personal insults towards those not on your side then I don't know what to tell you. Other than.....

lmao your party lost the election.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, sneaky said:

I'd still love to know if a few people here also want the house and Senate votes overturned that benefited them. Doesn't make a bit of sense that the dems would rig it just to get Trump out yet leave Republicans with a majority in the Senate and lose house seats. 

Oh come on. You're using facts and logic. You know they don't understand that.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, sneaky said:

yeah lol. they are okay with it if it benifits them. now ues before someone points it out in 2016 people on the left did not accept Trumps win. Trump can put all the lawsuits out there he wants, but so far none have worked. people may not like it but come Jan 20th Biden will be sworn in. for those that are not happy with it, exersie your right to vote in future elections. thats all you can do. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bswanson said:

yeah lol. they are okay with it if it benifits them. now ues before someone points it out in 2016 people on the left did not accept Trumps win. Trump can put all the lawsuits out there he wants, but so far none have worked. people may not like it but come Jan 20th Biden will be sworn in. for those that are not happy with it, exersie your right to vote in future elections. thats all you can do. 

What benefits us, is ..... having people with all their marbles, in office.  :yes:

This is hilarious!   And .... non edited footage   :lmao:  And, while it's hilarious, it's also scary, at the same time  😬

Is Nancy Pelosi Okay? Biden Gaffes & Bloopers of the Week, AOC caught lying | ZED NEWS - YouTube  

Out of Georgia .... James O'Sullivan, who was investigating the death of Harrison Deal, was found dead, on Monday of "an apparent suicide".   It's a dangerous thing, to point out the truth, these days  :stealth:

George Bureau of Investigation Agent James O'Sullivan was found dead in his home on Monday. O'Sullivan's last case had been the investigation into the Pooler Parkway car incident in which Harrison Deal was killed.